Thread: Pink Floyd Thread

Pink Floyd Thread

I've really been feeling In the Flesh? by Pink Floyd lately. The Wall in its entirety, really, but especially In the Flesh?.

The Wall is a brilliant concept album. Every song on it is awaiting. My personal favorite is The Trial.

Seriously, what a great record. My mom tells me that she used to play it to put me to sleep when I was a baby. It must've impacted me on a subconscious level, as to this day I get very relaxed whenever I hear it.

One of my favorites.

The brilliance, is that the movie is better. Have you ever watched a video of the live show? Just as good.

My favorite from The Wall is Nobody Home. I got to see Roger Waters perform the Wall a couple years ago in Philly. It was amazing. I'm hoping to catch his new tour too.

And as good as the record is, I wouldn't put The Wall top 3 Floyd albums.
    Last edited by comfortablynumb; 03-10-2017 at 02:16 PM.

Dark Side is always #1.

Then what other 2?

Momentary Lapse and Delicate Sound are really good too.

I'd go Dark Side, Wish You Were Here and Animals. Those three and The Wall are all masterpieces though. A Momentary Lapse of Reason has some great jams (On the Turning Away is one of my faves) but no Waters lyrics puts it below the others in my opinion.

Last edited by comfortablynumb; 03-10-2017 at 04:02 PM.

Fair, but Learning to Fly is equal to any Waters Song.
    Last edited by Powder; 03-11-2017 at 09:17 AM.

I respect your opinion but Waters lyrics are on another level. He was the lyrics, Gilmour was the sound. And I'd much rather attend a Gilmour solo show, but he rarely tours in U.S.

Squared
    Spun this out as there's definitely enough for a thread to itself and since there seem to be plenty of Floyd fans it seems to make sense to make it more prominent.

Huge Floyd fan. One of my favourite bands and in my more obsessed young days I knew a ridiculous amount. But I do hold some views that some people consider a bit heretic.

Like, my favourite two albums are Wish you were here and The Wall, and splitting the rest of the catalogue is very difficult. Dark side is easily the most overrated album and while it is great it is not really any better than some of the earlier achievements. And I like some of the Roger Waters solo stuff as much as my favourite Floyd albums. Big fan of both Pros and cons of hitchhiking and Amused to Death.

But yeah, never heard a Floyd record I didn't like.

The one I love that never gets a mention is saucerful of secrets

If I had to choose between The Wall and everything else they had done combined, I'd still pick The Wall.

Squared
    So it turns out they've unearthed a comic book that Floyd released for the Dark side of the Moon tour....
    "Eat my ass, Mooney"

My favorite Floyd album is Animals, although I've listened to it one too many times.

It's got a really dark edge to it, Describing humans as basically either dogs, pigs or sheep and in turn how vulnerable you are.