Thread: Dog

Dog

I love dogs. They're my favorite animal. It really trips me out that from ancient wild canines deciding to hang out with humans, we wind up with all sorts of cool as shit critters that are all related despite looking nothing alike. Seriously, a Great Dane and a wiener dog are the same kind of animal, and that's awesome.

I also just love them because, well, I love them. They're full of personality and they're funny and always down to have a good time and just excellent companions.

So this is their thread. I figure it can mainly be used for the posting of pictures and shit, as I have a habit of just Googling "dogs" in Google Images if I'm in a shit mood. "Puppies" if I'm a really shit mood. So maybe this thread can serve a similar purpose for everyone. Or, at the very least, give folks an excuse to share a picture or 20 of their own pups.

Here are mine. Two of the four no longer live with me since my divorce, but I still see them sometimes. They're actually staying with me right now, as the ex is at some conference thing out of state.

And yes, that is my current desktop background. They're dogs in space. That's fuckin' metal.

Oh my god, those dogs look adorable! The one on the far right is the one I'd steal if I had the chance.

On the cat-dog spectrum, I'm pretty much 100% on the dog side. I'm with someone at the moment who has two cats, and I'll admit, they're the smartest cats I've met. They definitely have distinct personalities, which is something I've never encountered in cats before. But they're still nothing compared to a dog. My parents' cocker spaniel is mad as a box of frogs and loves everybody unconditionally. You just don't get that from a cat. I'll post a picture here when I can get her to sit still long enough to take one.

Squared
    I love dogs, too. Various family members of always had them so even though I don't have 'em myself I've been around them all my life. Anyway, have a beagle with a ball!

Quote Originally Posted by Sheepy
    I'm with someone at the moment
    Wait...Sheepy?! I'm so proud of you!

I like dogs infinitely more than people.

The Brain
    I'm not really a dog person (or an animal person at all), but my wife's folks to have a super cool shih tzu named Murphy and I love him. So there's an exception to every rule, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by anonymous View Post
    Wait...Sheepy?! I'm so proud of you!

In China dog meat is part of the meat supply chain.

You know you are eating dog when the meat is kind of off from how it should taste.

In Korean resteraunts you can order dog meat dishes right from the menu, there is no mystery to it.

I don't see the point in raising a dog as a pet unless you have something useful for it to do, like helping you hunt or herd livestock.

If the dogs existence is limited to hanging out in the backyard and waiting to go for walks, it is my opinion that owner is abusing it.

And all the people with these "support dogs" and guide dogs / whatever they are being called nowadays need to be arrested for fraud, and their dogs put down.

Your dog has a place - in your home. The dog does not need to go with you to the grocery store, on the bus train / airplane.

Well that was constructive.

Here's a picture of Fozzy beside a button thing I found at some store that looks just like him. He's considering suing for violation of likeness rights.

Ah, I finally see why gnr moved to China, he like the taste of dog.

Tell me, do different dogs taste different?

Recently acquired a solid black German Shephard.
    I think it's awesome that the word lisp has an "s" in it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    Ah, I finally see why gnr moved to China, he like the taste of dog.

Tell me, do different dogs taste different?
    All this China nonsense is just stuff I read off of some dudes blog. Then I use that blog material to troll you guys.

Squared
    Moving swiftly on...

There was an article from The Independent here in the UK yesterday about how humans have more empathy for dogs than other people. On the one hand a bit troubling but on the other, not entirely surprising....

The Brain
    Makes sense to me, dogs and animals in general are usually less able to defend themselves against the threats of the modern world, plus generally speaking they don't do shitty things for no reason. People can't always say the same about themselves.

Dogs don't stab you in the back. They're fiercely loyal.

Do any of you guys do special Christmas stuff for your dogs? Like a stocking or presents or even just, like, a special dinner or something? I actually do all three of those, but then I'm a bit of an odd one.

My dogs and I kiss if caught standing under the mistletoe together. Last Christmas Scooter had a bit too much eggnog though and acted a straight donkey.
    I think it's awesome that the word lisp has an "s" in it.

Squared
    I've never been one for getting the dog stuff but most of the people I know do, including a lot of my family. Guess I am some sort of canine Grinch.

@lopprimetime

That's one happy looking dog.

He never liked having his photo taken much. Or anything with wheels.

This ones better.

renfield2.jpg

He looks like an old, wise dog in that photo. I think he's on a walk with my parents shortly before they went away for a year, and then he passed away at my grandma's house where he was staying.

Well fuck. He's no longer doggin'. You've now ruined my evening.

Not gonna lie, I actually got misty reading that. I think it was the combo with the pictures. He looks like a very good fellow. Also looks very, very much like my first dog, Teddy.

Have you heard that rubbish about animals having no souls? I'd like to think, that if there were somehow a heaven he'd be there. Doesn't seem fair that only humans can.

I don't think he'd go to "dog hell" because he was great. Wouldn't hurt a fly (actually he liked chasing flies when he was really bored but you know what I mean).

Or maybe he's just been reincarnated as another dog. Who knows.

If there is a Hell or anything even remotely like it, I can't believe that any dog would wind up there. And if there is a such thing as a soul, I fully believe that animals would have one. Especially dogs.

That dog reincarnation thing is the plot behind that A Dog's Purpose flick, which is why I will never watch it. I know for a fucking fact that seeing a dog die a half dozen times would ruin my fucking life for an extended period of time, even if it did have a happen ending.

Merry christmas everyone!

Cheers Mr. Sheep. That's a pretty cool looking dog... He doesn't seem to like cameras either lol

Also, if God is so kind and all why is there even a hell at all?? Sorry to go so deep between Christmas and new year... but if you're a serious sinner shouldn't you get some kind of respite? It just all seems wrong. I know the story about Lucifer wanting to separate from God and the angels etc... but can't we all just get along?!

Dogs don't have to worry about this kind of shit. All they have to worry about is dinner and a walk. Unless they've got some asshole as an owner.
    Last edited by The Dude; 12-29-2017 at 03:15 PM.

I'm naturally more of a dog person but the home I currently live in isn't really dog friendly so this is what I've got instead:

*ducks for cover as the hate begins*

Nah, cats are cool too. My parents have always had cats, and they trained their dogs to get along with them.

Squared
    Not to contradict you, but cats are clearly a shower of bastards...

@lopprimetime

I've got a couple of cats at the moment - Kofi and Thomas - but have always longed for a dog. One of my friend's Dads lives in our village and he has an adorable little long-haired dachshund. To be honest, though, I want a big ol' bag of fur - either a Samoyed or a St Bernard. I think Samoyed's have been my favourite breed for a long time now, unless we're talking Beagles because damn thouse guys are amazing.