Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WWE Video Game Discussion

Wwe 2k14

The full roster was announced earlier today (in Australian time anyway). Here they are:
    AJ Lee
    Aksana
    Alberto Del Rio
    Andre The Giant
    Antonio Cesaro
    Batista
    Big Show
    Big Show (Retro)
    Big John Studd
    Bret Hart
    Brock Lesnar
    Brock Lesnar (Retro)
    Brodus Clay
    Chris Jericho
    Chris Jericho (Retro)
    Christian
    CM Punk
    Cody Rhodes
    Damien Sandow
    Daniel Bryan
    Darren Young
    David Otunga
    Dean Ambrose
    Diesel
    Dolph Ziggler
    Drew McIntyre
    Eddie Guerrero
    Edge
    Goldberg
    Heath Slater
    Hulk Hogan
    "Hollywood" Hulk Hogan
    Jack Swagger
    JBL
    Jinder Mahal
    John Cena
    John Cena (Retro)
    Justin Gabriel
    Kaitlyn
    Kane
    Kane (Retro)
    King Kong Bundy
    Kofi Kingston
    Layla
    Lita
    Mark Henry
    Mick Foley
    Mr. McMahon
    Natalya
    R-Truth
    "Macho Man" Randy Savage
    Randy Orton
    Razor Ramon
    Rey Mysterio
    Ric Flair
    Ric Flair (Retro)
    Ricky Steamboat
    Roman Reigns
    Ryback
    Santino Marella
    Seth Rollins
    Sgt. Slaughter
    Shawn Michaels
    Shawn Michaels (Retro)
    Sheamus
    Sin Cara
    Stephanie McMahon
    "Stone Cold" Steve Austin
    Ted DiBiase
    Tensai
    The Rock
    The Rock (Retro)
    The Miz
    The Great Khali
    Titus ONeil
    Triple H
    Triple H (Retro)
    Ultimate Warrior
    Undertaker
    Undertaker "American Badass"
    Undertaker (Retro)
    Wade Barrett
    Yokozuna
    Zack Ryder

Who else should be in there? Who shouldn't be in there?

My main man Fandango is a notable omission and I think that's pretty silly seeing as he was in a Wrestlemania match and won.
    I'm a big Aksana fan but I still think it's funny that she's in the game.

Banned

Wwe 2k14

With the last of the roster revealed at Raw, wondering how you guys feel about overall. I think the roster is pretty good, but I'm more interested in other game modes rather than the Mania stuff. I'll play through it to unlock everything, but I want to know more about Universe mode, character creations, and stuff like that.

DLC has the possibility to be epic.

That is all I am feeling other than a day one buy.

A Professional Sort Of
    I'm probably going to pass on this edition, especially with a couple of next generation consoles coming out later this year or earlier next year, and no doubt WWE will pull out a 2K15 edition for said consoles. Plus I am probably going to be too busy trying to complete GTA V to worry about any other game (apart from maybe the newest Gran Turismo).

It looks alright but I'm a little disappointed with the lack of certain wrestlers (not superstars) of which would have to be undoubtedly downloaded at a special additional price.

A Professional Sort Of
    Trish Stratus and RVD seem to be missing too.

You can't have Lita without Trish.

I wish Tajiri would come back...

Banned
    Yeah I hear you. I'm going to get an XBOX ONE just for WWE 2k15. I know that sounds sad, but I love wrestling games. I'm still playing WWE'13. I'm one of those sad sacks that creates storylines and keeps written records of all my pay-per-views and shit like that. I was getting bored with WWE '13 until I decided to create my own fed and build it up from nothing to something. That's been a lot of fun to do.

A Professional Sort Of
    I would imagine so. I did that when I used to play WCW/nWo Revenge, it passed the time quite well.

Banned
    Anyone else finding it odd that its nearly October, game is out in 30 days, and we got no news about anything other than the stupid 30 Years of Wrestlemania mode?

I'm not even excited about that. I just want to unlock some of my favorite wrestlers and that's it. Attitude Era was interesting, but got old pretty fast too. I don't think I've ever gone back into the mode after I beat it. Just tell me about the new features to Universe 3.0, new match types, tweeks, and create modes already.
    Last edited by the icon returns; 09-29-2013 at 09:18 AM.

Why no Roddy Piper?

Goldberg Rules!
    Probably because they couldn't get Mr. T, and concluded (in their view) he would be useless without T. That's my guess.

Banned
    How do you guys feel about Universe 4.0? I was pretty excited until I saw it. Pretty lame updates. A few tweeks were nice: I like that you can book how many matches you want for a show, which is cool, but everything else doesn't really interest me that much.

Jack Tripper
    After looking at the list on here, I see one ,ajr name missing: Bruno Sammartino.

FitnessRebates
    Wish they had more of a current roster and not as many legends

Banned
    Link to some news about the creation suites: http://www.videogamer.com/news/wwe_2...n_suite_2.html

I may pick this up in a bargain bin someday or used for like $5 or $10. I'm not paying anywhere near full price for a 2013 wrestling game with Johnson on the cover.

THE MONKEY
    ^ Not sure how the person on the cover has a bearing on the quality of the game. Plus it's not like they just randomly threw somebody on there whom hasn't been on programming for years. The guy has been involved in the main event of the last three Wrestlemanias, not to mention he was WWE champion going into Mania.

Yes, I will always disagree with the latter happening and he's not a full-time wrestler. They might as well have put Triple H, The Undertaker, and Lesnar on the cover along with him. I didn't say it had anything to do with the quality of the game, but I will not support WWE bringing him back in any way and that includes buying their video game with him on the cover.

THE MONKEY
    Wouldn't buying it from the bargain bin still be supporting them? Not really sure what you hope to accomplish by not buying the game but whatever I guess.

Really wish they'd give some word on DLC, though it looks like Piper (as expected) will be included since he is in as a head in the CAW.

Goldberg Rules!
    To be fair, I don't think the company sees hardly any profit from those bins. Pretty much just store write-offs.

Quote Originally Posted by THE MONKEY View Post
    Wouldn't buying it from the bargain bin still be supporting them? Not really sure what you hope to accomplish by not buying the game but whatever I guess.
    I don't see what's difficult about this. SummerSlam featured two guys I believe the company should push in CM Punk and Daniel Bryan, so I bought it. CM Punk was on the cover of WWE '13, so I bought it at full price because I wanted to play it and to support him. I didn't buy Wrestlemania this year because the Rock was in the main event and I won't buy WWE '14 unless it's at a bargain price for which the company gets very little to zero money or unless I buy it used, for which I know they get zero. Not having Piper in the actual game content is stupid.

soxfan76
    This man takes his video games VERY seriously.

THE MONKEY
    No I get your logic I just think it's severely flawed. Your way of thinking is you don't like the Rock and don't support WWE bringing him back and thus don't want to support the WWE's pushing of the Rock by buying a product he is featured on the cover yet you bought last year's version of the game because Punk was on the cover (despite Rock being in the game) to support Punk. First the cover has no bearing on the game nor does buying the game put money in the pocket of said cover person. Second, the WWE is getting paid regardless there money is guaranteed and mostly consists of licensing fees. So even if they sell zero copies WWE still made their money. However if they sell zero copies it would most certainly affect 2K being able to keep the WWE license. My point being is that you not buying a copy is only sticking it to 2K and not WWE.

I would get your logic if your favorite mode was Universe for instance and as a new feature 2K decided to only allow you to use the Rock in Universe mode, then I could definitely see your point. As it stands you are passing on a game that is an improvement over the version you have simply because you don't like the person on the cover. Stick to not buying the PPVs headlined by guys you don't like or not buying the merchandise of the guys you don't like, not buying the game ain't gonna affect WWE one bit.

Piper will be in, just as DLC it would appear.

Banned
    First, dude, Piper is in the game. He's in the superstar heads mode and has four different attires, all which look pretty good. Some of the new creation suites look awesome. I love how you can edit each member of your stable/tag team's individual animations when they enter the ring, which is cool as hell. As for me, if I was in the States, I would pay full price for the game, because my wrestling games get a lot of hours invested in them with me and my friends doing our own federation. But alas, I'm in China and in China nobody pays street price for anything. Not to brag, nor am I proud of this (maybe I am a little) I will be getting this and GTA 5 for about a dollar. China has horrible pollution, dangerous food, but great game prices!

Looking forward to getting stuck into the Universe Mode, this year. It seems to adopt a number of features from the incredibly popular General Manager mode of WWE games of the past. Being able to start, set up and manage rivalries, as opposed to being subject to the randomness of the rivalries system of '13, sounds particularly appealing. It's just surprising that it's taken them until this year's edition to reinvigorate the essence of the General Manager mode.

Quote Originally Posted by the icon returns View Post
    I'm one of those sad sacks that creates storylines and keeps written records of all my pay-per-views and shit like that.
    I liked that WWE 13 kept stats on title reigns, WrestleMania matches, Royal Rumble wins etc...for the most part, I just use my memory in trying not to repeat feuds.

Since no game has been able to cater to my wishes for a 32 man tourney, I find myself making my own. I'm talking pen, paper, and hours of playing.

Really looking forward to challenging the streak. Supposedly 'Taker will be harder than legendary setting. He will also be able to do shit like turn the lights out and appear behind you. As someone who's always dominated the AI, this should be fun.

THE MONKEY
    I'm gonna end the streak with King Kong Bundy and then demand a 5 count.

I'm gonna schedule Ultimate Warrior to challenge him, but right before match time I'm gonna hold Vince up for more money.

THE MONKEY
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-DJwgjlous

Official DLC trailer

HOLY SHIT

Rick Rude, Mr. Perfect, Jake the Snake, Dusty Rhodes Virgil, Scott Steiner, X-Pac, Bruno Sammartino, Bella Twins, Fandango, Summer Rae, Big E Langston. NWO Attires, new moves, and new superstar heads all confirmed.

EDIT: Nice, and it looks like the Pepsi Plunge is in the game (Soda Plunge). Only thing I'm surprised about is the lack of Usos and Axel. Knew RVD and the Wyatts wouldn't make it do to the cutoff time. Diva roster sucks but I don't really use them anyway. By far the best legends roster though.
    Last edited by THE MONKEY; 10-21-2013 at 12:36 PM.

I refuse to buy DLC for the WWE games because it just adds more people for me to kick about in Universe mode.

I don't see the point in free DLC. Why not just put these guys in the game. It's not like they didn't already have the character model for The Giant. Speaking of which, I never watched much WCW, so what's the difference between Giant and retro Big Show?
    I think it's awesome that the word lisp has an "s" in it.

Goldberg Rules!
    The singlet and the hair, mostly.

Not even the hair. Haven't seen him yet, but I'd think "retro" Show would be from his first few years in the company.

Goldberg Rules!
    Giant had no ponytail. Big Show did.

While watching RAW, I just realized that Goldust didn't make the cut in this game. Seems like an odd omission, considering he is one half of the tag champions and appeared in WWE 13.

Should have had the Hollywood Backlot Brawl in the WrestleMania mode. Two birds, one stone.

Banned
    He came back way too late to be added into the game, sadly. Maybe he'll be a DLC.

Quote Originally Posted by the icon returns View Post
    He came back way too late to be added into the game, sadly. Maybe he'll be a DLC.

nope, dlc has been posted on the main page.

Even without his current run, Goldust was more relevant than a lot of the legends in the game. And I'll never understand why we need three of any superstar. Next they'll have 46 Rey Mysterios in 46 different colors and touting how the game has over 100 playable characters.

Goldberg Rules!
    Do that, WWE.

Goldberg Rules!
    IGN gave it an 8.7. Says the same commentary issues drag down an otherwise decent WWE game. Par for the course, it sounds.