Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: WWE Video Game Discussion

I didn't even really get into universe mode yet. Too busy making a custom roster and just finished 30 years of Wrestlemania.

I don't think I'll ever beat the streak, I'm not good enough at the kickout.

CoachBrief
    Dude, my game is fucked up. I used my created superstar and took him on a journey and won the title by beating Mark Henry at Hell in a Cell. Sweet. But the game puts me in an automatic title defense against The Undertaker (who has been absent this entire year so far). Okay, whatever. Dude reversed my two finishers, hit me with two Tombstones, and beat me.

What. The. Fuck.

lol what setting were you on?

CoachBrief
    Legendary. Then, I was number one contender according to the ranks but they no showed a taker until TLC.

God legendary kicks my ass most times.. Hard is my comfort zone.

Goldberg Rules!
    lol, you like it hard.

McDaygo
    It's undertaker. Even if in game mode. If taker wants a title shot and to be champion. he gets to be champion. It is better not to ask questions.

Banned
    I love the game--but man there are a TON of bugs. Especially on mine. On my Xbox game, I can't save it to the harddrive--once I do, I can't use more than one created superstar in a match. I don't know why and also I can't defend any of my created championships, especially tag teams--that one freezes all the time even when I use two real tag teams. Other than that, the game is pretty solid.

McDaygo
    has anyone figured out how to change the memembers in a King of the Ring torunament you hold in universe mode? When I set it up, it preselects the people with normally the majority of people that I don't want to compete for it.

Wwe 2k15

So we are currently about 6-10 months away from 2K15 but there is already stuff up for discussion.

Firstly, what is everyone's thoughts of the idea of it being released around WrestleMania instead of in October/November.

And secondly, thoughts on the potential "My Career mode" coming to the game.

Let the discussion begin.

Quote Originally Posted by McDaygo View Post
    has anyone figured out how to change the memembers in a King of the Ring torunament you hold in universe mode? When I set it up, it preselects the people with normally the majority of people that I don't want to compete for it.
    Edit them out then. on my ps3, I changed the participants and it worked.

Brooklyn
    Wrestlemania is seen as the end of the wrestling year by some people, but I'm not sure how I feel about a March/April release. I mean if the game is going to be that much better with the extra time, then go for it.

My player was one of the better "innovations" in the sports game genre. It made my younger brother convert from an NBA Live Loyalist to a 2k devotee. I know guys who play the sports games purely for the individual career mode option. I rarely get into those modes, but I could see myself enjoying it in a wrestling game. With the developmental brand nxt, you have plenty of possibilities there. I mean you can even make the my player start in a generic regional indy before getting an offer to join nxt. You can go a bunch of different ways with it. I can see it becoming a very popular mode with some online integration possibilities(like the my player online pick up games from past nba 2k games)

We have seen past editions of WWE games highlighted by some major addition or focus so the my player thing could easily be the focus they use to market the game.

With the Factions dvd coming out and the success of the Wyatts and Shield on screen, I wouldn't mind seeing more attention being paid to faction making. More than just the superficial ability to make 3 guys come out together during an entrance. Maybe triple team maneuvers and other things associated with faction life. Maybe the option of designating one member the faction's leader.

In the WWE gm franchise mode, they should let you be able to edit every aspect of the WWE's programming down to ppv names, tv show frequency, announcers, arenas and set designs etc. Like if you wanted to revive WWE Jakked or breathe life into ECW, or bring back WCW Saturday Night or the King of The Ring, its there. The option of creating a one night title tournament or contender tournament should be available. Maybe throw in the Beat the Clock Challenge. Complete roster control for those who want to make an Smackdown brand full of created players or unlocked legends. Have the ability to merge, vacant and separate titles. Revive titles like the european title, cruiserweight or lightheavyweight. Use past incarnations of a title belt..etc. Basically, all the armchair bookers can create their own wwe fantasy world.

Those were just a few of my rambling ideas. I haven't even played a wwe game since the 2k12 game so I'm not up on the year to year improvements since then.

It's confirmed to be released in October.

Bork_Lazer
    The first batch of WWE 2K15 new has came in via game informer. Here's what the article says:

"Last year's WWE 2K14 was too far along when 2K Games took on the license from THQ for it to make many big changes, but now there's no holding back.

WWE 2K15 will be the new-gen debut of the series on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One (in addition to PS3 and 360). Developer Visual Concepts is taking on a much bigger role this time around alongside longtime developer Yukes. Visual Concepts is incorporating its impressive scanning tech made famous in its NBA 2K games. The team has hounded WWE's roster of wrestlers during their nonstop travel schedule and already has 90 percent of the in-game roster scanned in. Interestingly, I saw a photo of Hulk Hogan getting scanned. While a classic version of him is in the game (alongside announced wrestlers John Cena, Bray Wyatt, Roman Reigns, and Cesaro), it's unclear what role today's older Hulk would serve. Maybe he shows up for a hosting role as he did for the recent Wrestlemania XXX.

This new tech is already showing impressive results. I saw side-by-side character models for wrestlers like John Cena, A.J. Lee, and Daniel Bryan, and they all looked leaps and bounds closer to their real-life counterparts. Hair, skin, faces, and ring gear are all majorly upgraded. VC is capturing a variety of facial expressions so that wrestlers will express more realistic emotions in the ring. A John Cena facial rig demo showed off lifelike expressions of pain, excitement, and exertion.

The ultimate goal of all this is to closer match WWE's TV presentation. I couldn't get any specifics on actual game mechanic changes, but Visual Concepts is working toward more realistic match pacing and flow. The key to all of this is a new mo-cap studio that contains an actual WWE ring set up by a real WWE ring technician. This will result in five times the number of animations than 2K14. A new months-later cutoff date for inclusion of the latest WWE content will help ensure that the game is that much closer to the latest roster and storylines.

Audio is getting a complete overhaul as well, with five times the sound of last year's game. For the very first time announcers Jerry "The King" Lawler and Michael Cole will be recorded in tandem, creating more natural conversation threads. I heard a sample clip of the two discussing Undertaker's Hell's Gate submission and it already sounds much improved. There will be a massive 30 to 35 hours of commentary per announcer to keep things fresh and prevent hearing constant repeats.

2K is not discussing what the overall theme of the game is this year (previous years included Wrestlemania and the Attitude Era), nor did it show the full game in action. All of the details I heard sound promising, but it's tough to fully accept without further along footage. WWE 2K15 is set to launch on October 28, which doesn't leave a whole lot of time for all of the ambitious advances the team is planning. Despite these reservations, I'm looking forward to the next 2K15 reveal to see how the total package comes together."

So the covers been unveiled.

Thoughts?

Whatever. The cover doesn't matter a whole lot to me as long as the game is good. Plus they'll likely have the alternate cover thing again this year and chances are that will be better.

I'm calling it now; I think there's going to be some heavy WCW content in this game. The WWE has quietly been including more and WCW content in the games the last few years (whether it's older wrestlers, titles, ect.) and have gone through all their important eras. That doesn't even mention the fact that Sting is going to be a huge deal in this game as well from what we're hearing. I'm guessing we'll see a WCW mode in the same vein as The Attitude Era/Wrestlemania mode from the last two games.

A my career is a must, anything to add to the replay value of the game. I haven't played in awhile simply cause after doing wrestlemania mode and beating the streak, I'm not that intrested in playing. I mean Gameplay is fun but there is not enough reason to keep playing.

Super Moderator
    If he's in it, there will be a Sting pre-order cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Farrell View Post
    If he's in it, there will be a Sting pre-order cover.
    Honestly I think Sting will end up being that special pre-order character like Warrior or Tyson were on the last two.
    Still not sure why they are given to people who don't pre-order.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazyking View Post
    A my career is a must, anything to add to the replay value of the game. I haven't played in awhile simply cause after doing wrestlemania mode and beating the streak, I'm not that intrested in playing. I mean Gameplay is fun but there is not enough reason to keep playing.
    I know a lot of people feel that was but I'm not in that camp. Creating my "WWE Universe" is usually enough to keep me interested periodically. I play it in the same way I would a franchise mode in a sports game and would be really disappointed without it.

McDaygo
    Just preordered my Hulkamania eddition.

I for one am hoping for the nWo again. At least the core three members and Hollwood and Kevin have been confimed.

Reality Champ
    This sounds absolutely amazing. The MyCareer mode doesn't just take into account wins and losses, but how good your matches are.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/09/...(IGN+All+News)

Super Moderator
    Yuck. I traded in SvR 2008 because it had a similar mode. I want to play video games when I'm done at the gym, I don't want to play virtual gym.

Nice to see that wins and losses don't even matter in the WWE games anymore, though.

I guess I'll buy 2K14 and NHL 15 this year, it'll be a WWE skip year.

I was thinking about getting this game for PS4 when it comes out since I haven't gotten a wrestling game in years but the reviews for the old-gen systems were so bad I'm not sure what to expect for the new-gens. I know a lot of the modes that aren't in the games for older-gen consoles are in there for PS4 and Xbox One but still...

I don't have a next Gen system, pre-ordered for PS3 and now I see the reviews are shitty. Do I send it back? I do NOT have 14, but do 13.

Considering it doesn't have really the next gen new features or an abilty to create your own stories, I'd bring it back. I saw a review and while visually it looks a little better, everything else is shit. Even the NXT mode is bare bones.

Wwe 2k16

Despite their relentless marketing this year, Terminator actually being a playable character caught me completely off guard. Think he'll have Triple H's 'Mania entrance? What could his moveset possibly be?

Also, if they really wanna make these games realistic we need to hear Cena calling his spots.

That is the oddest addition to a game I have seen in a long while,

I hope they add a remotely interesting story mode to this year, or a working universe mode, the game was pretty much giving out throwaway PPV booking oblivious to the time.

they just need to have a proper CAW and CAE before anything else.

Goldberg Rules!
    Having fun with my nXt roster and shows on Universe Mode.

Am I the only one playing this?

I rented it for a few days and enjoyed it. I hadn't played a wrestling game in years. Probably will never play it again though.

I did most of my playing in Universe mode. Retired a lot of the waste like Big Show and Kane, sent a few to NXT; it was fun.

Just bought it. Was torn between it and Battlefront, but it's kind of a tradition for me to commemorate a new system with the newest WWE game.

I've had it for a while. Austin's storymode is fun. It's nice to really test myself and see just how much of Austin's run I remember. The gameplay is a lot smoother than 2k15, I find. Chain wrestling is better. Submissions are a little wonky still, but it works.

Overall, I've had fun with every aspect of the game. MyCareer can get a little long winded, but it's worth it.

3-2-0

Thoughts after one match (Lesnar v. Rollins):

- Something off about Brock. His face looks like a human Pug.
    -Lol at three announcers but only two waters.
    -"Suplex city" chant was awesome.
    -Besides Brock everything looks amazing so far.

Squared

WWE Video Game Discussion

WWE 2K18 is out now. I don't know if it sounds all that different from previous games in the series, but I'm that well versed in the 2K series to offer much expertise. From what I hear it does sound as if they've turned the backstage area into something that more closely resembles a sandbox game.

Samuel Plan
    Sainsbury's have it on sale for Black Friday for 25 quid. I'm sorely tempted; but having just started to get into Zelda I'm in half a mind.
    101 WWE Matches To See Before You Die: The Book is now available to buy on Amazon UK, Amazon US and Amazon Europe! Just search for "101 WWE Matches" and it'll pop up!

~ Samuel Plan

Squared
    Did you bother?

I haven't played one of the 2K games. So my favourite modern one was still the legends of Wrestlemania one. Wasn't as involved or powerful as some of the others but it hit a lot of fun notes.

@lopprimetime

Samuel Plan
    I couldn't justify it in the end, what with Christmas looming and a bunch of work needing doing on the house.

It's on my Amazon wish list, though, so you never know; maybe one of the parents will pick it up as a present for me if I'm lucky! Preferably on the Switch.
    101 WWE Matches To See Before You Die: The Book is now available to buy on Amazon UK, Amazon US and Amazon Europe! Just search for "101 WWE Matches" and it'll pop up!

~ Samuel Plan

The Brain
    If there's a better WWE game than Here Comes the Pain, I've yet to play it. I still go back and play that a few times of the year with friends or my brother.

Squared
    I don't know that one. We were mainly on the X-Box around that point so there was a fair amount of Wrestlemania 21 and Raw 2 going on, but that was about it.

The last one I had other than the Legends of Wrestlemania would have been one of the Smackdown vs Raw on the Wii, but it wasn't up too much in my opinion. Not helped by the fact that I didn't know who several of the guys were after I'd started watching wrestling again and they'd already been cut/demoted.

@lopprimetime