Thread: Extreme Warfare Revenge

Extreme Warfare Revenge

EWR isn't a video game and is old as hell, but it's awesome. If you're unfamiliar, it's basically a largely text based game where you are put in charge of a wrestling company. You do everything, from the obvious things like booking shows and signing/releasing talent and such, to signing sponsorship deals and setting the merchandising budget and things of that nature. There are a massive amount of mods for the game out there that span pretty much every year since 1986, with a few older ones floating around, too. There are even still message boards out there where people create updated rosters and such on a monthly basis. Some of the better mods have it set up so that you can play as your preferred WWE brand against all the others and the random other companies like ROH, Lucha Underground, Impact, etc.. I've had some fun building NXT into a powerhouse and snaking away ROH talents and such.

I still get hit with the urge to play from time to time and find myself sitting for hours putting together my perfect federation, usually as either a resurgent ECW or, if playing an old school mod, as actual ECW. It's fun to try and see if you can succeed where they failed.

I recently got the itch and downloaded a couple of mods. One was January of 2001 so I can try and save WCW. The other was a much more modern one from October of last year, as I want to see if I can help pull the nose up on Impact before the shit hit the fan and they lost the Hardys and such. First thing I did was fire Josh Matthews and hire Jim Ross.

Did any of you guys ever play Extreme Warfare Revenge back in the day? Or hell, do you still play?

Heads up that if anyone who hasn't played but is intrigued wants to know where to find the game and stuff, I know where to grab safe downloads and can walk you through the process of adding mods or whatever. It's pretty straightforward, but there is a little learning curve if you're completely unfamiliar with it.

Squared
    Yeah, I used to play this quite a lot. I think I've still got it saved on a hard drive somewhere.

Just found a fun mod which I might take a crack at. WCW, 1st January 1999. Just after Nash beat Goldberg.
    Last edited by Prime Time; 10-11-2017 at 10:36 AM.

Squared
    I can't believe we're the only two to have played EWR....

@lopprimetime

That is weird as hell. I thought it was a lot bigger back in the day. I wonder if the younger folks are just unaware of it? If so, hell, it's still out there and you can even find modern roster updates. I've got an awesome brand split game I've been playing here and there.