Page 154 of 154 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154
Results 6,121 to 6,128 of 6128

Thread: WWE General Discussion Thread

Ellsworth is gone. I thought he was hitting his stride as a male manager during the MITB stuff.

The guy turned a squash and quick pre-match interview into a memorable moment though and eventually got himself a job in a place he had no business being in. They really should make a movie about him.

The Brain
    Well some will be happy about that, specifically the people who were having conniption fits when he was involved with AJ during his title reign. I always see value in a guy like Ellsworth and I'm a little surprised he was released. He'll probably be able to make quite a bit more on the indys now, so good for him for hustling and making way more of an opportunity than most are able to.

Super Moderator
    Man, he'll do good on the indies while he's still a novelty. He's tailor made for comedy spots on indy shows. It wouldn't surprise me to see him pop up in a couple major indies over the next few months for a laugh.

The Brain
    Exactly, he's not about to win BOLA or anything but he'll get smaller bookings for quite a while based on the run he had.

Reminds me a bit of Colin Delaney. Though I like Colin better as an actual wrestler, they had similar runs and Colin was able to parlay his WWE experience into additional bookings, so no reason Ellsworth can't do the same. Fun Colin fact, he still works extensively in the mid west and the New York area.

He's from the Rochester, N.Y. area (just like Harper) and one time during Delaney's ECW run I saw him walking out of the bank as I was walking in. I go "Colin Delaney?" And chatted with him for a minute or two.

The Brain
    That is awesome! I love random wrestler encounters. Was in line at the airport with Tozawa and Tyler Breeze recently. It was like 5am so I didn't bother them but still, was cool to see.

I was thinking about this the other day, what do you think Ellsworth's base salary was for one year? I guessed $80,000 without having any knowledge whatsoever.

Darren Young was on 200K so Id say there, or even 50 or so higher.