Page 151 of 152 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152 LastLast
Results 6,001 to 6,040 of 6067

Thread: WWE General Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Powder View Post
    I do not think that Steph and HHH want to sell. I honestly believe that HHH wants to have complete control so he can make the WWE more similar to NXT. He wants to make the WWE good again. You can practically hear HHH's ideas get crushed by Vince.

Now, in 30 years from now when HHH is almost 80 and Steph is 70, that may be a different story.
    I do think that HHH would be a noticeable improvement over Vince, and that HHH does good understanding and mind for the business. However, I think that this idea is vastly overstated, he would not be *that* great. In many ways (not for the best), his thinking mirrors Vince's, and he has many of the same blinkers that Vince does and has been complicit in many mistakes. He has the same obsession with body-builders. Some writer once said (Alex Greenfield, I think) that HHH has an uncanny and off-putting ability where you can put all the greatest stars of the last 30-40 years in front of him, and somehow he will find a way to fault them, 'they can't do this or that, they won't get over because of this or that...' He thought in 2006 (just like Vince) that Rey Mysterio was just a 'good hand' and wouldn't be much of a main-eventer. Rey Mysterio turned out to be one of the biggest merchandise sellers of that time, probably one of the biggest ratings draws of the last 15 years (especially among Latinos and kids). He is alleged to have thought near Rumble 2014 that Bryan was 'merely a good hand' and wasn't really a 'real' main eventer, even though by that time he was the most over guy on the roster. And he backed that ill-fated Batista/Orton match as well. He was also a 110% supporter of the Reigns push and thought alongside Vince that he should be #1. And then there is the Punk stuff, which he rather than Vince, single-handedly almost killed in 2011. He has a tendency to think too highly of his own work and drawing power, and this leads to all sorts of undesirable over-pushing of himself. This is pure speculation, but I think he was the one that arranged that Survivor Series match that way, and not Vince (Vince has never treated Cena that way). He also has a burning inferiority complex that manifests itself in harmful ways.

So yes, I think the WWE will be unquestionably better off once HHH takes over, but he does have his blind spots.

Quote Originally Posted by mizfan View Post
    Hard to imagine HHH or Stephanie selling. WWE is their only claim to celebrity and fame, what would they even do if they sold it? It's not like they have any transferable skills, and I don't see them as folks who would just sit back and relax. I also don't think there's much danger of the company growing too big for them, they're doing well but not that well.
    Hunter never even went to post-secondary education, and lacks that elusive - for corporate America - MBA. I know there has been slight worries in WWE's stockholders/Wall Street, that he won't be as good as Vince (they regard Vince as the Walt Disney of wrestling, and thus irreplaceable), and also his lack of MBA. No MBA and *wrestling* (which swathes of people, least of all respectable media and corporations look down upon) on his resume. Can you imagine him getting anywhere else high up in corporate America? It would be tough for sure. Although I agree that I don't think HHH would even want to sell, he does sincerely love wrestling. And they have 2-3 daughters who are still super young, so there is time to initiate them into the family business.

Anyone else think that Steph may have political ambitions like her mom?
    You wanted the best, you got this instead -

http://kwangtheblog.blogspot.com

My one-stop blog spot for full reviews of wrestling pay-per-views, TV supercards, and Network Specials.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Anyone else think that Steph may have political ambitions like her mom?
    She seem attracted to the notion of marketing herself as a 'feminist icon' or trendsetter without actually doing any of the work of actual feminist icons (witness her disingenuous claiming of credit for the 'Diva's revolution' even though it was initially a failure, and every promotion from several in Japan to TNA had had their own women's revolutions way before WWE), but she probably would not fare any better than Linda, and waste probably as much money.

On the camera work, I think a fair amount of the stuff that's actually happened on Raw/Smackdown recently has origins on NXT. You often see an idea trialled on that and then put into practice on TV once it's perfected. Things like having a camera over the ring post and stuff.

As for Steph having political ambitions - I can't see it. I think she likes running WWE, and likes the fact that it is still in essence a family business. Linda never really seemed that involved in WWE behind the scenes outside of merch/TV deals, whereas Steph has a very active role and seemingly a few pots she dips her fingers in.

If there's anybody who I think might get board and chance their arm at a political run, it's Shane I'd worry about.

So now that Daniel Bryan is the second referee, with Shane, which one turns heel on Sunday? The entire story line just screams for Bryan to turn as KO and Zayn have repeatedly, including last night, pointed out that they are being persecuted and held back just like he was. Not exactly the same, but one can make those connections, to see why Bryan ould side with KO and Zayn.

However, with that seemingly the most obvious route, but a Shane turn would be better in the long run. This would be the ultimate long con. That once KO was drafted to Smackdown there was this plan between KO, Zayn, and Shane to partner up.

I can see either side of the argument, but I guess we will have to wait until Sunday.

Rumble match is allegedly going to be Brock vs. Kane vs. Strowman. This will surely be worlds better and more exciting than Lesnar/Joe or Lesnar/Balor, and will have people in attendance and at home on their feet like AJ/Lesnar did. Totally.

As i said in the Strowman thread, this is to protect all involved. Strowman will dominate the match and have most of the big spots, and Lesnar will pin Kane for the win. Strowman looks strong and doesn't take another loss to Lesnar and Lesnar looks strong by winning the match while keeping the title warm for Reigns to take it from him at Mania.

Kane taking the pin does nothing to him as that is what he is there for.

But it will be a forgettable dud-fest. Why waste a special Brock appearance at a big event on something so telegraphed in advanced for this? It will also be a difficult match to watch as Kane and Brock will be relied on to do the heavy lifting. If it were me, I would protect Brock in every appearance, not just by having him go over (which WWE does), but by making him look like a monster who is in exciting killer bouts. Brock works best when he has someone of average or even smaller size who he throws around and beats on. His worst and least exciting matches are when he's placed with another big man and he isn't allowed to be a monster. The one exception to this was the Summerslam 4 way, but that was expert agenting.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Powder View Post
    So now that Daniel Bryan is the second referee, with Shane, which one turns heel on Sunday? The entire story line just screams for Bryan to turn as KO and Zayn have repeatedly, including last night, pointed out that they are being persecuted and held back just like he was. Not exactly the same, but one can make those connections, to see why Bryan ould side with KO and Zayn.
    If Bryan is hell bent on leaving WWE at the end of his contract and wrestling, they will turn him heel and try to destroy any drawing power that he might have on the way out.

Also, why in the FUCK do they keep calling the team Breezango? That's the worst goddamn name ever. They have a perfectly acceptable name in Fashion Police that people might be able to buy into as a tag team. This is like The Bar: they call themselves The Bar, they have Bar gear and Bar merch and the commentators refer to them as The Bar but that are introduced and keyed as Sheamus & Cesaro. Are they worried that people won't know who The Bar are or will forget their names?

Quote Originally Posted by Team Farrell View Post
    If Bryan is hell bent on leaving WWE at the end of his contract and wrestling, they will turn him heel and try to destroy any drawing power that he might have on the way out.

Also, why in the FUCK do they keep calling the team Breezango? That's the worst goddamn name ever. They have a perfectly acceptable name in Fashion Police that people might be able to buy into as a tag team. This is like The Bar: they call themselves The Bar, they have Bar gear and Bar merch and the commentators refer to them as The Bar but that are introduced and keyed as Sheamus & Cesaro. Are they worried that people won't know who The Bar are or will forget their names?
    I think it really will have no affect at all if Bryan turns heel and the WWE is trying to "destroy" drawing power. Bryan is huge name in the industry and most people now-a-days know all about Bryan, his injury, and why he wants to leave the WWE. Especially those fans who go to ROH, EVOLVE or any other indy promotion.

If and when Bryan ever goes somewhere else, it will be a huge match. I could see NJPW picking him up and immediately facing off with Cody, or even Kenny Omega. So whatever the WWE does to Bryan will do nothing damaging to his drawing power.

And regards to the Bar, you are completely correct.

But when has that ever worked with Bryan? Isn't his whole career in the WWE that they tried burying him at every step and he got more over? Like literally. And if someone like Cody Rhodes could go from a laughingstock mid-carder on WWE to an Indy talent of some star-power, I have no doubt that Bryan would instantly be the hottest star outside of WWE the moment he leaves. No amount of burying is going to change that. It happens to virtually every top WWE star that leaves them for the Indies, no matter how badly they're treated, they retain retain their star-power, and usually get huge nightly payouts for a while. Flair (after his 2008 retirement), and Mysterio after 2014 (I think), were getting like 10-20K grand for a while weren't they? ADR did well too. Bryan is bigger than any of them, and he was an Indy darling to begin with. He has stated he wants to work with guys like Zach Sabre and Will Ospreay and basically set the Indies and NJPW on fire.

Also, it was hinted that the WWE might let him wrestle again if he passes Maroon's testing after the treatment that he is undergoing right now, as early as Summerslam 2018. The question is, if that happens, does he stay in WWE where he will undoubtedly be under-utilized and mismanaged or go to NJPW (which he has said he likes) and does cool stuff with their top guys? He openly mocked WWE's handling/booking of him over the years in his book, if you'll recall (which somehow the WWE let go uncensored). The Indy scene is pretty hot at the moment, with plenty of great top stars for him to wrestle with. And Daniel Bryan is probably the only wrestler in WWE that does not care about money - and he would probably would make a very good living on the Indies anyways.

Super Moderator
    It's as easy as turning him heel, making him look like a fool and then sending him home to ride out the contract. I'm not necessarily saying that it'll work, but they'll do it. They'll try and Punk him, and kill any interest that he has in being a part of the business anymore.

That said, I did read that Vince ultimately will let him wrestle if Maroon clears him. And if Vince were to let him wrestle, I think he'd stay. I don't think that he's going to leave either way, personally. He said just recently that if he gets a negative test, he won't wrestle. So, if he gets a positive result, Vince will let him wrestle though probably not on a full time schedule. If he gets a negative result, he won't wrestle and has no reason to leave guaranteed money and a potential agent or trainer role.

He can go to New Japan if he wants, but even with a good test result it's not like he can go balls to the walls like he used to. He won't be going out there putting on the matches people have become accustomed to in New Japan. Or, if he gets a good test result he can make better money working an occasional schedule where he'll be protected and, frankly, not held to the standard or expectation that he would in New Japan.

Also, if he is cleared to wrestle Bryan can structure his new contract the way he wants it, or he can always leave. The ball will be in his court if/when he is cleared.

There is one more very important piece to all of this. Brie and Birdie. Does Brie want to go to live in Japan with a 1-2 year old, and not have her entire support system of her sister, mother, Johnny Ace and Bryan's family?

It's as easy as turning him heel, making him look like a fool and then sending him home to ride out the contract. I'm not necessarily saying that it'll work, but they'll do it. They'll try and Punk him, and kill any interest that he has in being a part of the business anymore.

That said, I did read that Vince ultimately will let him wrestle if Maroon clears him. And if Vince were to let him wrestle, I think he'd stay. I don't think that he's going to leave either way, personally. He said just recently that if he gets a negative test, he won't wrestle. So, if he gets a positive result, Vince will let him wrestle though probably not on a full time schedule. If he gets a negative result, he won't wrestle and has no reason to leave guaranteed money and a potential agent or trainer role.

He can go to New Japan if he wants, but even with a good test result it's not like he can go balls to the walls like he used to. He won't be going out there putting on the matches people have become accustomed to in New Japan. Or, if he gets a good test result he can make better money working an occasional schedule where he'll be protected and, frankly, not held to the standard or expectation that he would in New Japan.
    Bryan has said he is working on developing a different and much safer style. He's one of the most creative and intelligent workers out there, I think he can make it work. He could probably Nakamura it: go all out on a big show, conserve on everything else. The crowd expects less more from people who are super over anyways, they can away with doing less at that stage.

He seems *obsessed* with wrestling, it seems to be one thing he really wants to do, which is why hasn't been let it go.

Super Moderator
    There's only so "safe" of a style that you can possibly create, though. Is he gonna wind up working like Hogan in 2000 WCW when his "bumps" were gentle drops to a knee and a roll to his back? No thanks! A "safer" style still has to mesh with other guys. What he's alluded to in past interviews sounds like a style that wouldn't work with too many people.

You can adapt more of a lucha "roll" style of bump where they rarely take flat back bumps...but how the hell is that going to work when Omega gets you up for a OWA, or Naito goes for Destino?

I honestly believe New Japan to be too far ahead of a "safe" style.

People say that the NJPW style is tough, but analyses done by various people (including Meltzer) have revealed that their injury rate is actually lower than WWE's, because while they do work super stiff, they hit hard in 'safe spots'. Their training system is also apparently quite adept at conditioning people and preparing them for this style. So I think that concern isn't really founded.

By safer style, I mean cut out the flips, manage the bumps (particularly with regards to the neck), and work a more technical style.

Bryan's testing, from what little has been made public indicates he would able to wrestle relatively well. He isn't going to be anything like Hogan. His body isn't completely broken down like Hogan's was (though no doubt he has mileage on there). He can take bumps, doesn't feel pain during training or anything, *but* his reflexes have deteriorated from 'athlete level' to 'above average level'. The main concern seems to be that he has a lesion on part of his brain and Maroon was worried that in 10-15 years from now that there might be serious problems (brain damage) that aren't manifesting in the testing at this point. Bryan's counter to that was 'well, I've gone to all these other neurological experts at top institutes, I've undergone emergent testing with new technologies who say I'm no worse than a regular college athlete, my brain function is fine, and not really at risk of brain damage and will probably be fine, and I'm undergoing treatments right now to attempt to restore what lesion there is.' My summary, of course.

See here: http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/dan...n-test-return/

Maroon hasn't cleared him, that doesn't mean that Bryan is waiting for his test to be cleared or not. He wants somebody independently to say he shouldn't wrestle, especially after all the work he's doing to get back. Maroon is thinking down the line and Bryan in his mind, thinks he can go and work a limited schedule. So imo WWE won't clear him and he'll leave. Brie will support that and in an age of Skype, Bryan can go on a Japan tour for a week or two and be home probably just as much the rest of the month unlike WWE. Alot of options where Bryan can work safer, work less and even less travel.

I don't want to see him wrestle again, period. His family and child and health should be the most important thing to him. If you were in his shoes, Coach, what would you do? And I personally can't ever see WWE clearing him. They've got a million stockholders and all that crap to think about and I don't think they'd want to take on the liability if something happened. It only takes one bump. One. And I can't see him working a match without taking a bump where his head isn't in risk of coming in contact with the ring. That's what happened in the cage match. He took the superplex and got the concussion. It just takes one bump. The dude has got seizures from concussions. And I can tell you those seizures don't go away. Once you get them there's always the possibility of getting them again. Nothing can take them away.

Even though he's my favourite wrestler I don't know if I could watch him in a match live. Which would take my enjoyment out of his match. I'd have to wait to know he got through the match perfectly fine before I could watch it. I couldn't watch it live and see something happen to him. Lucha is the safest option if he ever does get back in the ring though. Go to CMLL and grow your hair and beard back out and do a mask v hair match on their anniversary show. It doesn't matter what the WWE does with him storyline wise he will easily be the biggest thing on the indies if that's what he wants to do. He could sell out arenas easily. Even though I loathe him, Punk, could come back and sell out that show Cody wants to do by having a match. It's all about the name. I want Bryan v Okada and Bryan v Omega. Those have always been the two matches I've wanted. But I also don't want them. I care more about his health and don't think he should ever step back in the ring.
    Last edited by Eddieg2005; 12-14-2017 at 12:40 AM.

The other problem is that there was an element of rushed in this. The WWE is acting from pure motives (I don't buy the idiotic conspiracy theories that they are deliberately trying to ruin Bryan's career), but this was all rushed from Bryan's perspective as he mentioned in the interview linked above. They found the lesion on Daniel Bryan's brain because Maroon did special testing/brain scans that he does not normally do to talent. Why did he administer special testing to Bryan? Because Bryan has had tons of concussions (like well into double digits) in his career, and he admitted of his own will to Maroon that he was having seizures. If he had kept the seizures part to himself, he probably wouldn't have been administered the testing. That's all fine and good, but if you think about it, there are plenty of people on the WWE roster who have amassed multiple concussions over their lengthy careers and are still wrestling. And yet only Bryan was given the testing. How many concussions has someone like Orton or Cena had? If they were to give others on the roster that same testing, chances are quite a few people might have lesions on their brain or be in a similar position to Bryan. Yet they're still allowed to perform because they've been fortunate enough to escape the testing. Bryan feels that he retired prematurely without understanding what his lesion was (he thought it was a 'cut on the brain', he told Vince, who told him to immediately retire), and then was later told by other doctors that actually it wasn't, so he became double-minded about retiring.

The other thing is that, Dr. Maroon has been heavily criticized in the 2015 biographical movie - which included Will Smith, and had an actor play Maroon - Concussion for his handling of certain talent, and in other places he was also criticized for how quickly he cleared football players from concussions, so there's a feeling that in Bryan's case Maroon was *super* vigilant and was perhaps over-compensating.

If I were in Daniel's shoes, I would retire, but still, this is a complicated situation, and he does seem to singularly love wrestling. Is he really any worse than others who had families and kids, and broken down bodies and yet continued to wrestle? Even Austin went doctor shopping after his broken neck and managed to wrestle for several more years.

Seizures. The most important word you said in your three paragraphs. They aren't ever going away. Perhaps he is different than I as I have epilepsy, but that's why I don't lace them up anymore. Cult knows about it. He's seen photos. The brain is the most complex organ for a reason. And I don't think people will ever figure it out. But they don't go away for me and they more than likely never will. That's something I have to live with every single day. Now that may not be the case for him and I have no idea if he's had a seizure since he retired, but there is no guarantee he'll never not have another. And with the amount of concussions he has had it makes the likelihood of him having another that more likely. And that's exactly why he shouldn't ever get back in the ring or why he should be cleared. You don't hear about people with epilepsy making it in the business. It's just not safe. Who here seriously wants to watch him have a seizure in the ring cause of a bad bump? There's no guarantee he'd have one and no guarantee he wouldn't. It's just not something you should risk. And he should know that and think about his child and family. There's a time where you have to stop being selfish and put family first.

Bryan has consulted the top experts (I am not exaggerating here) in the country on this, and many have fiercely disagreed with Maroon's diagnosis. So this is an open question, and more complicated than Bryan just being in denial or selfish. Getting a second or even third opinion is a perfectly legitimate thing to do. And the seizures have gone away. Can they come back? I obviously don't know, I claim no expertise on this subject whatsoever, but the experts he is consulting seem to tell him that he can wrestle. This industry is filled with people who were told to retire or were in banged up shape and continued to wrestle for years to come. Ric Flair was told in 1975 that he would never wrestle again. He wrestled for another 30 years and is regarded by many as the greatest wrestler of all time. Austin broke his neck, went doctor shopping and and managed to wrestle for another 5 years, which ended up being his highest grossing years and some of the hottest years in wrestling history. Undertaker was said to be in such bad shape in the late 90's, that he was going to retire any year now, and he managed to wrestle a semi-regular schedule for another 10 years after that.

Bryan is an extremely intelligent person, and he consulted with his family, and the top experts and doctors, and still says he will only return to wrestling if the tests clear him. If they don't, he has said he will put family first. Whether you agree or disagree with this, he is clearly thinking about this rationally, and getting all the information, expertise, and testing done. He is not acting recklessly or foolishly. At the end of the day, if this is what he loves, and he is making a rational decision while being fully informed, it's his choice.

The Brain
    The question of whether I would want to see Bryan wrestle again or not is a big one for me. He's one of my favorite guys ever, but I'm also weary to the core of seeing guys completely destroy themselves for the sake of entertainment. It's the conundrum of the well informed wrestling fan, brought into sharp relief. Ultimately, if Bryan gets the ok from a doctor who knows what they're talking about, I think I'd be willing to give it a shot, but I'm not sure if I would still enjoy it or not. If he never wrestles again that's probably the best for all concerned. Then again, I could be wrong.

It is also worth mentioning that, even if New Japan has a lower ratio of injuries, it's also the company where a guy legitimately crippled himself with a shoot headbutt earlier this year, and another guy spent over 3 months in a hospital bed after a match. It's not exactly the poster child for the safest style.

Maybe he should just go to Mexico and learn their secret dark arts of longevity, and put on great matches until he's 65.

I get your point mizfan to some degree but Bryan is not destroying his body for the sake of entertainment, or even the need for more money like Flair wrestling forever cause he was a drunk who ultimately went broke. Bryan can make good money the rest of his life working for WWE as something other than a wrestler. He has a deep passion to wrestle and that's it. Sure, the rush you get from the crowd to do things when you're younger, put on great matches I bet is a motivation but he has the knowledge and awareness now that headbutting the ringpost in ROH was probably not a smart thing to do lol.

So i highly doubt Bryan is going to wrestle in Japan and start throwing around shoot headbutts. Hell, if he's wrestling and he's having what people consider subpar matches due to wrestling lighter or more technical, I think he'd be happy with that cause at least he still got to do his passion.

Super Moderator
    Do you think the Triple H likes and respects Bryan? Do you think that when Vince steps away, Bryan would be one of those wrestling mind guys that Triple H would want to surround himself with, especially as a dissenting voice?

If you read Bryan's book and listen to Meltzer's many segments addressing the perennial 'Will Daniel Bryan ever come back?', he makes it extremely clear that Bryan doesn't care about money in the least. Like not at all. So the allure of 'he could safely cash it out in the WWE for the rest of life' while true would not work on him. Daniel Bryan was literally one of those 'starving artist' types when he broke into the business, and he did so purely because he just loved wrestling. And he could easily make lots of money on just the Indies. The Indies are more profitable than ever for a certain type of top star these days, and there is a life after WWE. In various interviews, he has come across as being really excited about wanting to get involved with the Indy renaissance, and work everywhere from Australia (he thinks he can help revive wrestling there) to NJPW to ROH. Daniel Bryan is basically a true believer. I see him staying in WWE only if he gets cleared and they let him wrestle or if the testing conclusively tells him that it isn't safe for him to wrestle. If he gets cleared but they decide they don't want to risk it, I say there's a pretty good chance of him being on the Indies. He himself said just a month ago that he thinks there's an '85% chance that he wrestles again, but only a 20% chance it's in WWE.'

Source: https://www.si.com/wrestling/2017/11...urn-not-likely

He's clearly dead serious about this.

Do you think the Triple H likes and respects Bryan? Do you think that when Vince steps away, Bryan would be one of those wrestling mind guys that Triple H would want to surround himself with, especially as a dissenting voice?
    I think HHH likes Bryan and respects him, but no? Bryan was not one of HHH's peers (like Taker or Shawn or Austin or Regal), and he wasn't one of HHH's guys either (like Batista, Orton, Sheamus, or even the NXT people). And HHH sided with Vince in late 2013-2014 in his view that Bryan was a 'nice ring hand, but not really a main eventer'. If I had to take a guess - this is pure speculation - I bet he still resents Bryan for hijacking WM 30.

Quote Originally Posted by Allystare View Post
    I think HHH likes Bryan and respects him, but no? Bryan was not one of HHH's peers (like Taker or Shawn or Austin or Regal), and he wasn't one of HHH's guys either (like Batista, Orton, Sheamus, or even the NXT people). And HHH sided with Vince in late 2013-2014 in his view that Bryan was a 'nice ring hand, but not really a main eventer'. If I had to take a guess - this is pure speculation - I bet he still resents Bryan for hijacking WM 30.
    How can you blame Bryan for hijacking WM30? It was the fans that did it. Vince could have dug his feet in and kept the main event as it was scripted to be of Batista vs Orton where Bats got the win and became WWE World Heavyweight champion. But Vince saw, like everyone else did, that if they did not put Bryan into the main event and have him win, the fans would have hijacked show after show including Mania, like they did at the Rumble when Bryan wasn't even a part of the Rumble match.

Vince allowed the "Occupy RAW" show to happen and the changes to Mania 30. He didn't have to, but the FANS made him. Bryan was the right guy who was in the right place at the right time, and the WWE had to respond.

I don't think that HHH resents Bryan, as Bryan did not orchestrate any of this, Vince did.

Vince started it all at Mania 28 when Vince wanted to embarrass Bryan and "make" Sheamus by having him Bryan lose in 18 seconds. THAT was the beginning of the YES! movement. The fans the next night on RAW began their love and support for Bryan by hijacking that show by constantly cheering for Bryan and YESing.

Quote Originally Posted by mizfan View Post
    Maybe he should just go to Mexico and learn their secret dark arts of longevity, and put on great matches until he's 65.
    I'm all in on a return of American Dragon exclusively in, like, CMLL. Even better if they can keep him masked, his identity relatively secret, and then do a Apuestas match in five years to reveal him.

The Brain
    Or in, like, 20 years or something. I can just see old man Bryan shouting "It was me all along!" to Arena Mexico, then going on to kick people's heads off for like 10 more years so he can match Black Terry's longevity. Ok now I'm in fantasy land but it sounds so appealing...

So many people are talking New Japan when mizfan, Ollie and Matt are the only ones who seem to get what he truly wants to do. Bryan would like to wrestle in Japan no doubt but his goal, the one thing he's wanted to do ever since it was rumored WWE wouldn't clear him and he wanted to go elsewhere, is to work CMLL. If you look at his career it's the one thing, save for competing for All Japan I suppose, that he hasn't done. He's worked a Wrestlemania, he's worked for New Japan, he's conquered all of the US indies and he's even worked Triplemania. But he hasn't worked the oldest wrestling promotion in the world and more than anything he wants to do that and do a hair vs. hair or even mask vs. hair match with either Blue Panther (who he has a correspondence with) or Atlantis; I believe he even made note on Edge and Christian's podcast of how bummed he was that Corey Graves' brother (who works for CMLL) got to take Blue Panther's hair before he did. That will be the first thing he attempts to do if he tries to leave.

And for the record, I do believe he will. Let's say that Bryan is cleared and then, by some miracle, WWE decides to clear him too; in the end Bryan going independent is still more likely because a) he's not someone who craves money, b) he has other goals he wants to reach that he can't in WWE (aside from facing Nakamura, a guy who may also be gone this time next year), c) he can always come back later if he proves he's healthy (like Vince and co. wouldn't take him back) and d) he'll have the power to make his own choice on what and what not to do. That's the most important point; Bryan could've been wrestling on the indies right now if WWE had allowed him to go (and make no mistake, while some of it is health/legal concerns, WWE also didn't let him go because they didn't want his star power helping anyone else), and if he were to re-up with WWE there's always the chance he could have one match and be immediately sidelined by WWE after, leading to the same cycle we're in now. As long as the tests come back okay, he's out of there and going off to do his huge Apuesta match in Mexico, a few other high profile matches and, if it happens by that point, the Cody match for the 10K seater.

One more thing; if you're putting more stock into Dr. Joseph Maroon than the numerous independent doctors out there who have cleared Bryan, you're a fool. This is the same guy, as Allystare pointed out, who is on record as saying the long term effect of concussions are no big deal, who may have helped the NFL cover up information about concussions and who just a few months ago was put on blast by Baron Corbin for being a complete moron on the subject in front of the locker room. The guy isn't fit to be the WWE's doctor and the fact that he is and is making decisions like he did for Bryan (which are motivated just as much by WWE's legal issues and Maroon trying to repair his reputation in the face of the NFL scandal) is absolutely alarming. I still can't believe Vince hasn't fired the guy.

The Brain
    Vince doesn't exactly having a track record of firing yes men who always give him the answer he wants.

Seriously, I wasn't joking. I didn't remember that Bryan actually wants to work CMLL but it sounds like such a great fit for him potentially. Also, I had no idea that Corey Graves' brother is Sam Adonis!!

I think Bryan wants to basically do everything. He seems to favor the 'travelling journeyman worker' sort of like Jericho, Eddie, Benoit, etc. were in the 90's. He has expressed interest in CMLL, in Japan, in Australia, in England. He just seems to be someone who really loves wrestling and wants to do as much in it as possible. This will no doubt sound cliched and corny, but he really is a wrestling 'artist'.

Quote Originally Posted by Cult Icon View Post

One more thing; if you're putting more stock into Dr. Joseph Maroon than the numerous independent doctors out there who have cleared Bryan, you're a fool. This is the same guy, as Allystare pointed out, who is on record as saying the long term effect of concussions are no big deal, who may have helped the NFL cover up information about concussions and who just a few months ago was put on blast by Baron Corbin for being a complete moron on the subject in front of the locker room. The guy isn't fit to be the WWE's doctor and the fact that he is and is making decisions like he did for Bryan (which are motivated just as much by WWE's legal issues and Maroon trying to repair his reputation in the face of the NFL scandal) is absolutely alarming. I still can't believe Vince hasn't fired the guy.
    Maroon is such a shifty guy and he's been called out on this in so many articles and places. In addition to the NFL cover-up thing, clearing NFL players too early, downplaying the long-term consequences of concussions, he tried to publish a study to discredit another study which suggested overwhelmingly that most deceased NFL players have the symptons for CTE without disclosing the fact that he has had a 30 year relationship/affiliation with the NFL.

The guy is a perfect exemplification of American-style corruption or 'regulatory capture' where the people entrusted to be watch-dogs and maintain standards end up on the payroll of those they're supposed to be holding accountable.

Source: https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/7/...ct-of-interest

So Will Smith does the 'Concussion' movie in late 2015, and the whole year there's articles basically calling out Maroon, and then he starts taking this stuff seriously and attempts to repair his sullied reputation.
    Last edited by Allystare; 12-15-2017 at 02:13 PM.

Anyone thinks Lashley comes back in 2018?

Quote Originally Posted by mizfan
    Vince doesn't exactly having a track record of firing yes men who always give him the answer he wants.

Seriously, I wasn't joking. I didn't remember that Bryan actually wants to work CMLL but it sounds like such a great fit for him potentially. Also, I had no idea that Corey Graves' brother is Sam Adonis!!
    Just learned that myself.
    Check out justbringingtheraw.com Site dedicated to WWE!

https://twitter.com/MojoRawleyWWE/st...92520949977089

This Mojo promo is freaking awesome.

Wow. That’s intense. Good on him to make his own hype for the PPV.

Guess ticket sales were soft for the WWE's three cruiserweight live events. They added Matt Hardy vs. Bray Wyatt to the tour.

What the hell are the Cruiserweights? I thought that died back in early 2000's.

Vince sold $100 million of shares today to help fund the reboot of the XFL.

Super Moderator
    Vince has other aspirations. I think that rebooting the XFL is a pretty terrible idea, but he's not a stupid guy who's going to toss $100 mil away just because he's stubborn.

He filed for XFL trademarks this week.

However, he states in his SEC filing that Alpha Entertainment LLC was "established to explore investment opportunities across the sports and entertainment landscapes, including professional football."

It's that wording "investment opportunities" that interests me. Maybe he's looking to NFL team ownership. He showed an interest in concert promotion when he worked with The Stones a few years ago.

Maybe this XFL stuff is overblown. On one level it makes sense that he'd file for trademarks just to own the merchandising rights, since XFL is back in the news.