Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Paige

The Brain
    I feel she'll have to earn it, but the initial response has been good so I think she has a good chance to regain a prominent position.

Squared
    I mean, one thing is for sure, it'd be good to have a long run with Paige where the things about her that got people talking were on camera. Feels like it's been a couple of years since that has been the case, so hopefully she's on the verge of that now.

Does the WWE have any set of balls to put Paige and Woods in a program together? Or does Wood's wife have the power of veto?

The Brain
    Why the hell would that even be interesting? For the sake of some shooty shoot bullshit? Just let it lie. It's not like they're going to wrestle each other or anything, nor should they.

Squared
    I don't know in what universe that becomes a question of having the balls to do it and not just a bad idea, full stop.

Rumor floating around is that Paige's career is through.

She had neck segery before. Well, if you are unaway, she was in a match with Sasha and Sasha kicked her from behind and the match had to be stopped.

Supposedly she lost feeling in her hands (like Arn did) and WWE is telling her that she'll never be cleared again.

Take this as rumor until WWE issues a statement.

That said, if true, as much as I criticize her, this blows. She's way too young to lose her career like this.

There's very little I've liked about WWE since 2015; Paige has been one of the constants. If this is true, it's absolutely devastating, especially after all the issues she had over the past year. It's also infuriating; having seen the spot that injured her, I cannot for the life of me understand why a spot that called for her to kicked hard in the upper back/neck area was allowed. Unbelievable.

That's very awful news if true. Her whole life is grounded around wrestling.

Super Moderator
    I'm gutted for Paige if that's true. It's well known that I'm not her biggest fan but to have her career end when she's 25 is heartbreaking. Tamina just turned 40, imagine if Paige could have had that longevity.

There's some up sides, though. They'll likely keep her around in some fashion, maybe even as a manager to other girls. And at 25, she's got so much life ahead of her that she can make that transition easier than some others.

I genuinely hope that, if her career is done, she can get to a place like Edge where he's not living in constant pain and he's enjoying himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Cult Icon View Post
    There's very little I've liked about WWE since 2015; Paige has been one of the constants. If this is true, it's absolutely devastating, especially after all the issues she had over the past year. It's also infuriating; having seen the spot that injured her, I cannot for the life of me understand why a spot that called for her to kicked hard in the upper back/neck area was allowed. Unbelievable.
    Honestly, it's not a dangerous spot. No more dangerous than landing a little high on a bump. If you're healed you should be able to do that no problem. I mean, she was going to be in the Rumble. I've seen a dude separate his shoulder simply going through the middle rope funny and guys taking high, hard bumps on the apron after being tossed over the top and not quite sticking the landing.

As cold as it is to say -- if you're too banged up to do simple spots, you're too banged up to be in the ring at all.

Which begs the question; why did WWE let her back in the ring to begin with? She even said herself on a podcast with Lillian Garcia that a few doctors had told her it probably wasn't wise to keep wrestling. I'm really supposed to believe WWE didn't know this, that they didn't know it be unwise for her to take that spot so soon back? Come on now. Paige should share some culpability as it was her decision to return, but there's absolutely no reason she should've been put in a position to take that bump. For a company that won't let Daniel Bryan come back despite every doctor but their own clearing him, they should fucking know better.

I don't think the WWE approves specific moves per se, or tells people to 'be safe with X guy'. You're either cleared or you aren't. If you are, it's basically up to you and your opponent. I can remember when Daniel Bryan came back in 2015 after his first injury, and he was all over the place being completely reckless even on random Raws, taking neck bumps. If they didn't put down any guidelines then, I doubt they ever really do.

Just found out she has retired. What a sad tale, even though it feels like she has been around for ages her career barley even got started on the main roster. She was young and looked to be coming back healthy and firing for the first time in a long time.

Yes, it seems that house show injury was a stinger but she lost all feeling in her extremes. Same sort of thing that led to the Edge retirement previously, I think.

Thing is, even though she's only 25 she's been wrestling for something like 12 years. That's a long old time.

Squared
    It's pretty awful news really, to seem to be on the way back to the big time and turning things around only to then have it taken away.

Starting wrestling at 12 seems downright crazy given how the human body develops.

Her instagram post seemed to indicate that she still wanted to return. Obviously I don't know much about the actual injury but I wonder how much of that is just her trying to be optimistic or if a return in a year or two is realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by SirSam View Post
    Starting wrestling at 12 seems downright crazy given how the human body develops.
    Seems to be a fair bit of that in the UK - Pete Dunne is often talked up on WWE TV as having started at 13, Tyler Bate debuted in PCW at 16 so must have been training at the very least before that.

Even further back - Regal debuted in Blackpool at 15.

I imagine if it is spinal stenosis like both Edge and Austin had, and I think Sheamus is reportedly suffering from, and it's gotten bad enough for what happened to happen, then WWE won't clear her again. Edge has said he lost feeling in his arms for 20 seconds at a time just before needing to retire, I think. I think it may also be what caused the issues with Sting that forced him out of the ring, with the Rollins powerbomb just a trigger to set it off.

Complicated to know for sure, though. I can't for a second believe that, say, Kurt Angle hasn't got some kind of spinal stenosis after years of broken necks and corrective surgery for them, but they've cleared him. So who knows.
    Last edited by Prime Time; 01-15-2018 at 10:37 AM.