Page 152 of 152 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152
Results 6,041 to 6,067 of 6067

Thread: WWE General Discussion Thread

NFL team ownership seems a possibility, especially since the Panthers were just announced as being for sale at the end of the season.

You do realize that he didn't even want to let go of XFL in the first place after week 2 when it tanked, right? He didn't want to throw in the towel in 2001, despite the enormous amount of money he lost and was going to lose, and eventually only backed down because no one would give him a TV deal.

Vince is (or rather was a genius) in certain things about wrestling, but outside of that he has a very narrow view, can often be out of touch, and can be single-mindedly obdurate once he resolves to do something. He's a smart guy, no doubt, but he has his flaws and blinders, and increasingly so in the past 15 years. Every venture, without any exception that I can think of, outside of wrestling has failed for him. He also his this desire (always had) of being *more* than just the 'wrasslin' promoter' which probably stems from his well-known latent self-loathing about the wrestling business, so he isn't just content to be successful/good at wrestling. He has to be more than that. And part of him, because he is super competitive, wants to avail the XFL failure, and all the ridicule that was poured onto him in the aftermath of that. He went from being perceived as the Walt Disney of wrestling in 2001 to being an utter low-rent laughingstock because of the XFL.

I'm not sure if he's bringing the XFL back, but I do think he wants to make some sort of - probably ill-advised - move into the NFL, in 2018 of all years.

He does have WWE Studios which has well over 30 movies made. Most are straight to video, but there has to be a profit otherwise why continue to make the movies?

Quote Originally Posted by Powder View Post
    He does have WWE Studios which has well over 30 movies made. Most are straight to video, but there has to be a profit otherwise why continue to make the movies?
    It's pretty much a failure, with a few exceptions.

See here for detailed figures: https://indeedwrestling.blogspot.ca/...rofitable.html

I wonder why WWE don't do more in the vein of sporting movies, you'd think that would be far more suited to the their audience and also the skills of their lead actors.

Can we get WWE to remake Mighty Ducks?

Why? No more remakes. Why doesn't the WWE make an actual wrestling movie. Why don't they create a fictional guy or girl and create a story about the struggles of becoming a professional wrestler? You could have the entire performance center and NXT roster be the supporting cast.

WWE Superstars will be on the Nickelodeon show Paradise Run next week. It's like a kid obstacle course kind of game and from the commercials I saw the Uso's, Naomi, Kalisto, Bayley and Apollo Crews, but there are three on each show so there should be more.

Any chance Vince will ever let anyone use this double moonsault?

Not many can actually do it. Except Ricochet and probably Neville.

I don't see why not though. Its not dangerous.

Just thinking here, and throwing something out there to see what you all think.

I know that there has been the debate to who is the actual "biggest star" of wrestling really is. The four names that are always paired together are Hogan, the Rock, Austin and Cena. My thought is that even with this huge debate, I think that the debate could be over, and the biggest star is the Rock.

We can list all of their merits, drawing ability, and all the usual data for the comparison, BUT in the years of discussions, I do not think that anyone prior to me (I could be wrong) ever used one simple fact. The Rock has beaten all three, Austin, Hogan and John Cena all at Wrestlemania. These are the three other names that are associated with the biggest star, and the Rock is the only person with victories over all three at Mania. This one simple fact should answer some of the questions.

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by mizfan View Post
    It's insanely dangerous...

Yeah for people who shouldn't do it.. yikes. I mean I said Ricochet and probably Neville. That's it, who would even attempt something like that.

Super Moderator
    It's a pretty dangerous move, man. That kid probably wasn't busting it on on a whim -- he's probably nailed it a thousand times in the past and in training. It just takes that one time where you don't quite get that rotation or you're blown up or the ropes are a little loose or slippery.

Look at Brock with the shooting star. He'd done it so many times over in the past easily, but when he was sweaty and blown up and trying to cover a little too much distance, he broke his neck.

A lot of these guys are doing a lot of these moves on cables. WWE uses ropes and it's a very different proposition.

Fair enough. However, I don't think the move would be banned per se. I could see someone being allowed to try it. maybe i'm offbase but seems most moves are banned because they're dangerous to the opponent's head.

Squared
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Farrell View Post
    A lot of these guys are doing a lot of these moves on cables. WWE uses ropes and it's a very different proposition.
    I think the impact of this on really basic stuff, never mind something like the move in the video, can't be overstated and is quite often overlooked.

That's not something I'd ever considered.

Isn't Ricochet due to be signed in the not too distant future? I thought the story was that post-LU3 finishing up he basically had the contract to sign and was set to be a big deal in WWE.

I think his last appearance will be either this weekend or next when he appears at PWG's Mystery Vortex to drop the belt. After that he's off to WWE with War Machine. As for being a big deal...LOL. Maybe eventually, but he's definitely going to NXT first and, unless they're going to make him Prince Puma 2.0, I have serious doubts that his ceiling is much higher than Neville's unless he learns how to cut a promo. The bigger deal is War Machine; they have a chance to not only be huge in NXT but huge in the whole company. Them vs. Harper and Rowan will be something when it happens.

Something very, very hairy.

I don't know with Ricochet - I feel like he'll probably end up on 205Live, but I hope he gets an NXT run before hand because Full Sail is going to go nuts for him doing his shit.

Super Moderator
    I'm torn. On the one hand, I'd love to see him as the top baby on 205 Live. On the other hand, he's billed right now at 197. He could easily put on five pounds, up that billing to 215 and tear it up on the main roster.

He's so talented athletically, that I would love to see Ricochet get a real shot on the main roster. They can easily hide his flaws if they want.

Edit: They treat Balor like a star and he has no mic skills at all.
    Last edited by Lazyking; 01-11-2018 at 06:51 PM.

Squared
    US title tournament final has been bumped from the Rumble onto the Smackdown before hand.

So I already put up a Ricochet thread, as WWE have now confirmed his signing, but they've also just confirmed they've signed War Machine from RoH/NJPW.

Apparently EC3's terms of release mean he is pretty much free to sign wherever he wants immediately too. Could be a big few days for signings.

Would and EC3 Rumble appearance get a pop, do you guys think?

Squared
    Good question. Maybe? I can see him getting a pop of recognition, but I wouldn't want to bet my house on it.

I hope so. Always loved the guy. Not many go from WWE to TNA and make a bigger name for themselves. I'd certainly pop for him and who I'm hoping one of the surprise entrants are.