Page 153 of 153 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153
Results 6,081 to 6,101 of 6101

Thread: WWE General Discussion Thread

Enzo a savage on the mic to end RAW. Cruiserweights in main event slot for first time I think.

Wrestling heroes Owens, Zayn, Nakmura really putting butts in the seats on SD this week. 5 tool players indeed.

Super Moderator
    Did the show not draw a house? Because they were only 400k viewers short of Raw this week.

The Greatest of All Time LWO4Life's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Farrell View Post
    Did the show not draw a house? Because they were only 400k viewers short of Raw this week.
    Nope, looked like a TNA/Impact/GFW house show.

Has Vince McMahon Lost Confidence in Roman Reigns.

Place was empty and I mean EMPTY

it hurts being on the west coast and running shows at 5pm on a Tuesday.

One for the Brits... 5 star wrestling have a television deal!

From February 1st they'll be live on the "freesports" channel. I've give them a go. They're spunking money on big names.

Likes of RVD and Rey Mysterio appearing.
    Last edited by anonymous; 10-01-2017 at 10:52 AM.

isn't that the same five star wrestling that offered 1Mil to Punk for a tournament they were running and then they canceled said tournament?

I imagine so. They seem to be throwing money around for fun. Arena tour too.. https://5starwrestling.co.uk/

Big if true; Neville may have asked for his release last night. The story is that he was supposed to face Enzo last night instead of Kalisto, but walked out before the show and is now looking to get out (unlike Kalisto, he was supposed to lose, though how much that factored in is unclear). No word yet on if WWE will grant the release, but it does appear this story has legs.

The Greatest of All Time LWO4Life's Avatar
    This is so stupid on WWE's part. First off, they shouldn't have ever booked him to lose to Enzo twice. That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. If they wanted Enzo to defend against Kalisto, then you have Enzo come out, brag about no one being able to touch him, he's untouchable, then Neville comes out, beats the hell out of him again, Angle has to fire him, then he moves to Smackdown where he can move up from the Cruiserweight division and wrestler great talent like AJ, Zayn, and others. They spent this whole year building Neville to be the King of the Cruiserweights, why do that if you don't move him up. This is super frustrating because it all made sense until you had the whole cruiserweight division beat the hell out of Enzo. Neville beats up Enzo, can't get his rematch, then moves up. They used the CW title to build him all year, and he made the CW title a legitimate title because it was nothing when he won it. Now it means something. WWE's mistreating of Neville is just straight up horrible on their part.

I will say I am happy Kalisto finally won the cruiserweight title. For years, and I mean YEARS, I've wanted the cruiserweight title back, and I wanted Kalisto to hold it. I only have a feeling it's only going to be a couple of weeks. This has story line cop out all over it, as they booked themselves into a corner, and the only way anyone else can challenge Enzo is if they get a new champion, then Enzo wins back the title at the next PPV. Once I heard Kalisto vs. Enzo that night, I knew Kalisto is winning because WWE booked themselves into a corner. This has transitional champion written all over it, but I'm enjoying it for now.

Still, I'm SO pissed how they've treated Neville. I'm sure Pac will go back to the International scene (dude is International, not Indy, NJPW is NOT an Indy, wrestling in the UK is NOT wrestling the Indy's) and build on his time in WWE. He should be worth a lot of money and I'd love to see him join a Bullet Club. His heel run really added more to his character which he can build on outside the WWE. WWE really, really dropped the ball, as I really loved everything he did for the CW title, I will always see him as one of the greatest CW champions in WCW/WWE history, up there with Rey Mysterio, Chris Jericho, and Eddie Guerrero himself. Happy travels Neville, you will truly be missed by this fan.

Has Vince McMahon Lost Confidence in Roman Reigns.

Part of me sees this as him making a stand. I don't know anything, but I could see WWE granting his release, or granting a demand that gets him out of the division. Vince loves people who do this shit. If they value him, they'll appease hiim. He's one of HHH's boys. this isn't an outsider like Aries who is known to rub people the wrong way. This is Neville. A for NXT champ and a guy they were pushing pretty well before he got that ankle injury.

More potential departure news; Jimmy Jacobs has been let go of his creative position, allegedly because he took a photo with The Young Bucks, Adam Page, Cody and Marty Scurll during the Bullet Club's invasion of RAW a few weeks ago. Guess that means he'll be wrestling again soon!

Super Moderator
    Jimmy Jacobs looking super GQ in that picture, BTW.

I gotta say, I watched a pay per view AND a Raw back-to-back for the first time...since WrestleMania, maybe?

...I mean, it was a SmackDown PPV but still.

Ummm...i just read a pretty nasty, and by that I mean, awful rumor. The WWE wants as the main vent of Survivor Series to be Universal Champion Brock Lesnar to face WWE Champion Jinder Majal in a non title match.

Ugh.

I'm into that.

I read that rumour. Hope it happens as it means I won’t have to watch them both have shit matches with other people. I’ll get an early night too.

Yeah, but Lesnar just beat Reigns, Joe and Strowman at SummerSlam, and then Strowman clean at No Mercy. Does anyone really expect Jinder to hold a candle to any of those guys and have a legit shot?

AND the WWE expects Lesnar to sell for Jinder Majal? My guess is that Lesnar and Heyman laugh at that. Or worse, the WWE has Lesnar squash their WWE Champion.

Quote Originally Posted by anonymous View Post
    I read that rumour. Hope it happens as it means I wonít have to watch them both have shit matches with other people. Iíll get an early night too.
    When does Brock have shit matches? The match with Joe was amazing, and only hampered by the fact that it was only given 6 minutes (so that Roman could have like 40 minutes for his dramatic post-match angle with Braun), which was obviously the wrong thing to do. Then he had that fantastic 4-way match, followed by that lackluster match with Braun, but it's Braun, so that was to be expected. Brock can still go though, clearly.

The Brain
    Going off recent memory, the Ambrose and Orton matches were godawful. I know some people like his stuff with Goldberg and Taker but a lot of people hated that stuff too. He usually seems to do well in multi-man matches, possibly because he can hide his terrible cardio. Do people really expect lackluster Braun matches? I feel like he has a much better track record than Lesnar recently, especially in singles matches.

Super Moderator
    What leads anyone to believe that he has bad cardio? Because he sweats? Bro, some of the fittest dudes I know sweat standing up, they're just sweaty dudes.

I really enjoyed Braun and Brock's match. I'm not entirely sure what people expected it to be other than two hosses going at it. Braun moves well for a guy his size, but you're never going to get high spots or a pace like some of the smaller guys set, and you don't always need that. I thought that it was a great match that accomplished what it needed to accomplish.

But, I also like Jinder. I like his style. I don't like 79 high spots in a match and find it really refreshing to see a guy take a hold, work it and wear a guy down...you know, the thing that all wrestlers are taught to do.