Page 52 of 152 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,080 of 6074

Thread: WWE General Discussion Thread

  1. #2041
    Interesting, because it always seemed to me like the heel turn was hinted right before the second match. Then again, "Embrace the Hate" did happen before "Once in a Lifetime."


  2. #2042
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    3,605
    When he lost,the story was Cena failed and how would he deal with that. Course he dealt with it like he always does. The problem I have isn't that Cena won't turn heel, I understand why he thinks he himself doesn't believe its a good idea and agree but his character never grows. Now this is true for alot of guys but it shouldn't be that way.

    You don't have to turn heel to have character development, just show a progression of the storyline.

  3. #2043
    So...how bout that Steiner-Hogan real life feud?! Am I the only one excited by it?


  4. #2044
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    3,605
    it reminds of the east coast/west coast rap wars if Biggie and Pac were old men in need of walkers..

    And yeah Savage hated Hogan but apparently from Hogan they made up. The man is dead so we don't know for sure but all these guys getting butthurt over it are lame.

  5. #2045
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    4,043
    Why does anyone care about Hogan inducting him? He came out, said some good stuff about Savage, recalled some memories and threw to Lanny. Who else are you going to realistically have induct him? Steamboat, because of one match?

    The sad reality is that so many of his contemporaries are dead, but when you think of WWF in the 80's, Hulk Hogan and the Macho Man are one and two. And of the people who are left and are related to him in the eyes of fans, Hogan's the one who is going to be the best speaker.

    Besides, Randy seemed to be all about forgiveness and moving past old grudges in that last year. He was on his way back to the WWE family, something that most thought would never happen, and probably would have been inducted in 2012 if he'd been alive. Doing Edge so early was kneejerk because the guy that they really wanted to headline the class had just died.

    Ultimately, we'll never know who he would have preferred induct him. Maybe, had he been alive, it would have been Lanny. Maybe Steamboat or Flair or Vince himself. Maybe it actually would have been Hulk. Really though, a posthumous induction isn't about the guy going in anymore, that ship has sailed. It's about the fans remembering him and his own legacy. Whether he loved Hulk or hated him, that legacy is tied closely for Hogan forever so he was just the right guy to induct Savage.

    Steiner is a prick. If he needs help, I hope that these most recent charges force him to get it, but I doubt he ever will. You can hate a guy all you want but it doesn't give you the right to intimidate his family. I hope someone beats his ass.

  6. #2046
    Already have Coach. Or do you not remember?! T.O. remembers. He was there of course.


  7. #2047
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    277
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Farrell View Post
    Steiner is a prick. If he needs help, I hope that these most recent charges force him to get it, but I doubt he ever will. You can hate a guy all you want but it doesn't give you the right to intimidate his family. I hope someone beats his ass.
    My closest encounter with Scott Steiner was at Backlash in 2003. I was in the front row and after he finished up his match on Heat (defeating Rico, if I recall), he headed our direction. The kid behind me had been chanting "steroids" but it was clear that he didn't have all of his mental faculties about him. I'd say he was in his late teens. Steiner leaned over the barricade (and my left shoulder) and started screaming "what the fuck did you say? Say it to my face?" The kid looked terrified and didn't say a word. Scott then dropped, "look at you, you're a fucking retard." Class act.

  8. #2048
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    394
    Eeesh, that's a pretty f'd up story.

  9. #2049
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,106
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Farrell View Post
    Why does anyone care about Hogan inducting him? He came out, said some good stuff about Savage, recalled some memories and threw to Lanny. Who else are you going to realistically have induct him? Steamboat, because of one match?

    The sad reality is that so many of his contemporaries are dead, but when you think of WWF in the 80's, Hulk Hogan and the Macho Man are one and two. And of the people who are left and are related to him in the eyes of fans, Hogan's the one who is going to be the best speaker.

    Besides, Randy seemed to be all about forgiveness and moving past old grudges in that last year. He was on his way back to the WWE family, something that most thought would never happen, and probably would have been inducted in 2012 if he'd been alive. Doing Edge so early was kneejerk because the guy that they really wanted to headline the class had just died.

    Ultimately, we'll never know who he would have preferred induct him. Maybe, had he been alive, it would have been Lanny. Maybe Steamboat or Flair or Vince himself. Maybe it actually would have been Hulk. Really though, a posthumous induction isn't about the guy going in anymore, that ship has sailed. It's about the fans remembering him and his own legacy. Whether he loved Hulk or hated him, that legacy is tied closely for Hogan forever so he was just the right guy to induct Savage.

    Steiner is a prick. If he needs help, I hope that these most recent charges force him to get it, but I doubt he ever will. You can hate a guy all you want but it doesn't give you the right to intimidate his family. I hope someone beats his ass.
    I disagree that inducting dead people isn't about them anymore. Obviously to a lot of people, it is about honoring the dead and it rubs people the wrong way that they disregarded that aspect of Savage's life. It's insulting. Yes, Hogan and Savage were linked together in their careers and particularly the characters, but obviously real life trumps characters. The HOF is about honoring the man behind the character, not merely the character. And it's not just Scott Steiner, other people such as Bret Hart have also spoken about it. There's a very strong case as to why Hogan shouldn't have inducted him.

    Who knows? Maybe Hogan did reconcile with Savage. But the only evidence we have for that is Hogan's own word, and he's a known fabricator and tall tale teller of the worst order. To a lot of people this is yet another instance of Hogan being phoney and manipulating a situation.

    That still doesn't excuse what Steiner did, and he's a lunatic of course.

  10. #2050
    Senior Member Kia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    250
    Steiner is a freaking idiot. An entertaining idiot. But still an idiot.

  11. #2051
    Queen of Extreme Irishsara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    5,327
    I would have had Luger induct him ... Oh wait ...

    So is it bad that when i read about a "code of silence" in WWE all I could think of was Kayfabe brother Kayfabe!

  12. #2052
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    3,605
    Honestly DDP would have been a great choice for Savage.

  13. #2053
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazyking View Post
    Honestly DDP would have been a great choice for Savage.
    Agreed. I get why WWE didn't ask Page, seeing as his feud with Savage was a strictly WCW thing (and there's no way WWE would choose to highlight that over the Mega Powers exploding), but that's who I would've liked to have seen. Hell, I would've also liked to have seen Flair do it, as him and Savage never had a bad angle with each other. In the end, WWE went with the biggest name associated with Savage to induct him. I'm not going to fault them for that. Would I have personally liked to have seen someone else though? Yes.


  14. #2054
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    4,043
    Quote Originally Posted by Irishsara View Post
    So is it bad that when i read about a "code of silence" in WWE all I could think of was Kayfabe brother Kayfabe!
    More boo-hoo'ing from people who got into the industry, couldn't hack it and now claim to have not known the risks.

    Sara, you know better than me, will the fact that the crux of this case appears not to be the fact that they were mistreated, but the fact that WWE actively kept information about the risks associated with professional wrestling away from them going to be what kills the case (unless they have some major evidence).

    There's probably a case to be made for people being "strongly suggested" to work through injuries, etc., but one would think that the risks associated, to the extent that current science knows, would be clear.

    I have little to no feeling in my right knee. Am I going to sue the guys I was in there with when it happened, or did I know from the first bump I took that there was probably serious risk of injury. (In fact, the waiver I signed on day one of training stated that professional wrestling is inherently dangerous and there is a risk of death or serious injury.)

  15. #2055
    The Brain
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    3,643
    I'll admit I only skimmed the piece, but I thought the point of the issue was not that they got injured in the first place, but that they didn't receive proper medical advice or attention afterwards? I'm not sure if that makes the case stronger legally due to the whole independent contractor thing, but it certainly makes more sense as a suit to me that way.

  16. #2056
    Queen of Extreme Irishsara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    5,327
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Farrell View Post
    More boo-hoo'ing from people who got into the industry, couldn't hack it and now claim to have not known the risks.
    Well yeah, the problem most of these people has is that they didn’t just work for the WWE. It is very hard for Ryan "Keiji" Sakoda for example to prove that his injuries didn’t come from Zero1 or Wrestling Society X or other work he did in professional wrestling. Russ McCullough was an offensive Linemen in College and semi-pro Football and that job could easily have picked up those concussions and injuries elsewhere. This is the fatal flaw of wrestlers like Big Vito LoGrasso/Skull Von Krush. There is plenty of evidence that the WWE is only a fraction of concussions that a wrestler might have been exposed to. What evidence is there that these wrestlers receive these concussions while working for the WWE.


    Quote Originally Posted by Team Farrell View Post
    Sara, you know better than me, will the fact that the crux of this case appears not to be the fact that they were mistreated, but the fact that WWE actively kept information about the risks associated with professional wrestling away from them going to be what kills the case (unless they have some major evidence).
    Firstly, I am not a Lawyer, this is not legal advice. There does not seem to be actual proof presented that they concealed research into the danger of repeated head trauma from wrestlers. They might argue that the WWE pressured wrestlers back to work before they were healed from their concussions but the burden of proof for malpractice like that is high.

    Quote Originally Posted by Team Farrell View Post
    There's probably a case to be made for people being "strongly suggested" to work through injuries, etc., but one would think that the risks associated, to the extent that current science knows, would be clear.
    Independent contractors. The WWE can release injured wrestlers legally. If the wrestlers chose to hide their concussions for fear of being fired then the issue of disclosing injuries is the problem of the wrestler themselves. There MIGHT be an argument that the WWE may have acted with disregarded for wrestler’s health and safety but there are probably certain contractual restrictions.

  17. #2057
    Don't WHAT? Me.
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Little Caesars Arena
    Posts
    4,620
    I don't think this case will make it to trial...the question is will WWE give them a check and send them on their way, or have the lawyers crush them?

  18. #2058
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    394
    According to Jericho's latest book, Vince HATES settling out of court by offering cash, so, I'm thinking he'll use his legal team to fight this off.

  19. #2059
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,106
    I remember it was reported that one of the reasons why there was heat with Lashley shortly before he left was that he was injured, so he wanted to take time off and get the surgery, but they wanted him to work through the injuries (since there weren't super severe) like all the other guys, and they thought he was a young healthy guy with a good physique, he can work through injuries. He said no, and they were super upset. And Lashley was a top star at that point.

  20. #2060
    Reality Champ
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    6,688
    Due to a separate lawsuit, WWE had to show their upcoming schedule layout for the next year. DC getting the go-home RAW to Wrestlemania for the 3rd time in 4 years. Nothing too interesting on a worldwide level, other than it reveals the dates of the upcoming NXT Takeovers (May/August/October)

    http://indeedwrestling.blogspot.com/...arch-2016.html

  21. #2061
    Don't WHAT? Me.
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Little Caesars Arena
    Posts
    4,620
    Thank you Aman for posting that. My city getting the run around this year SMH.

    2 House shows is all we get the rest of the year...and one of them is the day after Christmas (which guarantees a shitty show).

    Then I get a SmackDown in 2016, which may not be that bad because it's after the move to USA.

  22. #2062
    Queen of Extreme Irishsara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    5,327
    Quote Originally Posted by phemom View Post
    Thank you Aman for posting that. My city getting the run around this year SMH.

    2 House shows is all we get the rest of the year...and one of them is the day after Christmas (which guarantees a shitty show).

    Then I get a SmackDown in 2016, which may not be that bad because it's after the move to USA.
    Dont bank on those dates. The WWE released them because they HAD to and they are subject to change. they could be the wishlist or they could depend on venue availability. The regions are probably right but the cities might not be.

    I just want to go home right now.

  23. #2063
    Is Your Superior PEN15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,987
    Halifax gets a house show once every three years. Phenom, stop complaining, haha.

  24. #2064
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    3,605
    So only Cena shirts are sold in kid sizes at live events? lol.

  25. #2065
    Reality Champ
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    6,688
    Quote Originally Posted by Irishsara View Post
    Dont bank on those dates. The WWE released them because they HAD to and they are subject to change. they could be the wishlist or they could depend on venue availability. The regions are probably right but the cities might not be.

    I just want to go home right now.
    For the most part, they do have to reserve the dates 8+ months in advance, sometimes more, so they're made before the NBA/NHL schedules are released and can be reserved. So while it wouldn't surprise me if the list wasn't 100% accurate, I'd bet it's pretty close to what it is, especially for the televised events.

    EDIT: Also, looking at what the lawsuit actually was, it's a lawsuit filed BY the WWE, not against, and it includes a restraining order for counterfeit merchandisers, which is why the dates and locations are included.
    Last edited by TheAman; 04-12-2015 at 03:20 PM.

  26. #2066
    Senior Member Kia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    250
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazyking View Post
    So only Cena shirts are sold in kid sizes at live events? lol.
    I am glad someone brought this up. What do others think of this??

    I for one can understand it to an extent. Yes Cena merch is ridiculous and they have a new shirt every month along with caps, wristbands, bags, towels and all that. However, with how much he sells, surely it comes down to supply/demand?? I mean Cena must sell the most online, and live events would reflect online sales?? I have not been to a live event as i live in NZ so i cant comment and am wanting to get all your opinions on this.

    I am not agreeing with the way WWE handles merch, however to an extent i can understand it a little bit. Although not have any Orton kids shirts is a joke seeing as how he is the #2 face atm.

  27. #2067
    Reality Champ
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    6,688
    They do a lot of weird things at live events. Don't think they sell any women's style shirts for anyone, which drives my girlfriend crazy when I take her. I think they've found that they have trouble selling out kids sizes of anything besides Cena at live events, and just figure it's more of a pain in the ass than it's worth.

  28. #2068
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,106
    Apparently there is no mention of AJ Lee in Daniel Bryan's upcoming book. Absolutely no mention of AJ's storyline relationship with Bryan, or her involvement in the WM 28 fiasco, or the YES/NO thing. Another successful whitewash.

  29. #2069
    Is Your Superior PEN15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,987
    Ally, I'm not sure AJ's participation is all that important. We know what took place on TV; I want to read Bryan's book to find out stuff I know nothing of. If CM Punk is going to be mentioned, then I doubt there's any whitewashing going on. I'm not saying Punk is included or not (I don't know), but his story is much more essential to the Daniel Bryan story than AJ.

    If Punk is excluded, I'll agree it's a whitewash. But AJ not being included really seems fine as she's just not essential.

  30. #2070
    Reality Champ
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    6,688
    I doubt this is a WWE thing. When the book was written she was still under contract, so it would seem odd to whitewash it. Do we know how far into his career the book is going?

  31. #2071
    Is Your Superior PEN15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,987
    Yeah, WWE fucks up a lot, and IWC has some legit reasons to complain... this isn't one of them. This is an example of looking for something to bitch about.

  32. #2072
    It is odd though that AJ wouldn't be in the book, unless it's only covering everything up to when he won the first World title. I'd venture to guess it's likely something like that. If it's not, then it's on Bryan, not WWE as to why she isn't in it, especially if Punk is included.


  33. #2073
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    465
    Maybe he doesn't feel the need to discuss her, and as it is his own book, about his own life and stories, maybe he deems her unimportant.

    I'm sure all you IWC sceptics would rather read some fascinating indy story than "I went for a few drinks with AJ, I did a storyline with her, I got kicked in the face because of her."

  34. #2074
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    3,605
    just depends on what kind of book it is, and how deep the stories go

  35. #2075
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    2,520
    According to WWE, Rochester (N.Y.) is just like Daniel Bryan, a B+ player. At least Buffalo got an A.

  36. #2076
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,106
    Quote Originally Posted by PEN15 View Post
    Ally, I'm not sure AJ's participation is all that important. We know what took place on TV; I want to read Bryan's book to find out stuff I know nothing of. If CM Punk is going to be mentioned, then I doubt there's any whitewashing going on. I'm not saying Punk is included or not (I don't know), but his story is much more essential to the Daniel Bryan story than AJ.

    If Punk is excluded, I'll agree it's a whitewash. But AJ not being included really seems fine as she's just not essential.
    But the book isn't just a book about his life outside the ring. It's going to cover his career, pretty much all of his other feuds as well, it will be real life stuff, sprinkled with a slight dose of kayfabe and backstage insight into his career and the various programs he's done. Also, apparently the book is only going to mention the 12 second loss to Sheamus very sparingly and is going to present it in terms of how both Sheamus and Daniel Bryan didn't get a chance to show what they could do that year. Which is true of course. But it seems like a complete whitewashing to not acknowledge the significance of that loss and AJ - that's basically the chain of events that got Bryan over and made him a star. It'd be like doing a book on Punk's WWE career and only sparingly mentioning the Pipebomb promo, or doing a book on Cena and only sparingly mentioning the rapper gimmick.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheAman View Post
    I doubt this is a WWE thing. When the book was written she was still under contract, so it would seem odd to whitewash it. Do we know how far into his career the book is going?
    The WWE has basically had their share of ups and downs with AJ Lee ever since Punk left, according to the rumor mill. They're upset at her at times, and desperately want her back at other times. Wouldn't surprise me at all if this was one of those moments when they were mad at her.
    Last edited by Allystare; 04-14-2015 at 09:56 PM.

  37. #2077
    The Brain
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    3,643
    Bit of a side point, but I'm not sure it's fair to say that Bryan's 'Mania loss and what followed was what got him over. His popularity was gaining fast even before that (check out how much "YES" stuff there is in the crowd when Bryan comes out at 'Mania 28), and though the loss did catalyze fan support into a kind of outraged "movement" that grew further... I guess you could say it comes out to the same thing, I just dislike the idea that the loss "made" Bryan. Maybe I'm just quibbling though.

    Regardless, you would think it would be mentioned but I'm not stressed if it's only brought up sparingly. If it's about Bryan's life in general, I'd much rather hear all the untold tales of his pre-WWE career which are much less well known.

  38. #2078
    Reality Champ
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    6,688
    Speaking of Daniel Bryan, he was sent home from Europe today. Not good.

  39. #2079
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    3,605
    Not good at all.

  40. #2080

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •