Page 3 of 155 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: WWE General Discussion Thread

I was saying Boo-Urns. lunchbox1981's Avatar
    If he is returning for a WrestleMania run who would you have him face? I still believe that all signs are pointing to Brock facing the Undertaker, but Lesnar vs. Batista would be thoroughly enjoyable.

Super Moderator
    Cool, even if i know about them in advance i love Rumble returns.

Imagine the (kayfabe) force of a Shield/Batista Bomb.
    I think it's awesome that the word lisp has an "s" in it.

wfrw07
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox1981 View Post
    If he is returning for a WrestleMania run who would you have him face? I still believe that all signs are pointing to Brock facing the Undertaker, but Lesnar vs. Batista would be thoroughly enjoyable.
    If, for example, they bring him back in a bit of an Evolution role where he sides with H and Orton, he can be the opponent for whoever is facing Orton at Mania at Elimination Chamber (or whatever PPV that February will have).

Not as sure for Mania itself.

Quote Originally Posted by wfrw07 View Post
    If, for example, they bring him back in a bit of an Evolution role where he sides with H and Orton, he can be the opponent for whoever is facing Orton at Mania at Elimination Chamber (or whatever PPV that February will have).

Not as sure for Mania itself.
    If Bats came back and sided with HHH and Orton, then you need to being out Flair and have a true Evolution renunion. That would be awesome!

I never considered him coming back and siding with Orton and Triple H. I am not really wild about this idea myself because I think that there are bigger and better matches that Daniel Bryan could have at WM. But perhaps he ends up working with Batista. The Animal can act as the muscle that The Authority finally thinks will be enough to get rid of the bearded thorn in their side. If they do decide to tie Batista into this storyline I believe it’s more likely he returns as a face and in opposition of the Authority.

Who exactly make up The Authority? Is it just McMahon/Helmsley Era 2.0, or are Shield and Orton official members?

What I read into it is that it’s just Triple H and Stephanie. You could include Orton but he always seems to be on uneasy ground with them. While The Shield are sort of on the outside looking in. They aren’t official members but more like hired muscle to do Triple H and Stephanie's bidding.
    Last edited by lunchbox1981; 12-21-2013 at 03:31 PM.

My best guess is that Bats has nothing to do with the Authority because he is going to face Lesnar.

Don't WHAT? Me.
    If it is Bats V Lesnar let's hope it's better than when Bats faced Umanga.....

Honestly I do not car as long as we get Cena vs Taker

The Good End Of Long Island...Brooklyn, NY
    So there's a story on the main page saying Vince has told creative there are no more babyfaces or heels. See, I really wish the WWE Network was going to be a channel because a reality show on the creative team and them having to work around Vince constantly torpedoing everything with his wacky edicts would be must see television.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Lord View Post
    So there's a story on the main page saying Vince has told creative there are no more babyfaces or heels. See, I really wish the WWE Network was going to be a channel because a reality show on the creative team and them having to work around Vince constantly torpedoing everything with his wacky edicts would be must see television.
    we are probably getting this third-hand. Honestly vince could have said he hates the terms babyfaces and heels. I think its obvious that he likes a hero/villian dynamic. This isnt the 80s and other than Bo Dallas, Zack Ryder and John Cena, there isnt a traditional whitebread babyface in the WWE.

wfrw07
    Quote Originally Posted by Irishsara View Post
    we are probably getting this third-hand. Honestly vince could have said he hates the terms babyfaces and heels. I think its obvious that he likes a hero/villian dynamic. This isnt the 80s and other than Bo Dallas, Zack Ryder and John Cena, there isnt a traditional whitebread babyface in the WWE.
    And, let's be honest, Cena gets his best overall reaction when he is as edgy as he is going to get, and turns it up just a bit.

From the main page, where there is selected Q&A with Bully Ray.

Who would his dream match be against?
    "Bully Ray vs. CM Punk would be the match. Paul Heyman has told me directly that me and Punk standing across from one another with a microphone in our hands would be deadly. Given the opportunity to have absolutely no restrictions on what we’d say and to just go at it, you’d be looking at the two guys who can spit venom better than anybody else out there in the industry. And I know we could back it up in the ring."
    I have been thinking this for a while. Bully Ray has always been one of the most underrated talkers in wrestling. If I remember correctly, Mizfan wrote a column on Bully Ray indicating this. And I for one, would agree and love to see a Punk/Ray feud.

At the risk of getting yelled at for double posting:

I want to ask a general WWE question that has nothing to do with the previous post.

Given the following wrestlers: Ric Flair, Hulk Hogan, Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, HHH, Steve Austin, The Rock, John Cena

Is there anyone else, besides the Undertaker, who has beatten them all? I know adding Cena's name might make it tough, but take off Cena from the list, and has anyone else?

I actually like Rock's resume more. The order might be arguable, but it's a given fact that the top 4 superstars of all time are Hogan, Rock, Austin, and Cena. Only one of those have beaten the other three at WrestleMania. Quite impressive, kayfabe or not.

Tricky question, though. I wanna say Hogan is the closest. His last run saw him beat both members of DX, so there's that. I think he got his win back from Flair, but I'm not sure as I wasn't watching back then. Having faced him twice, he should've got one on Rock, but that didn't happened. Did he ever face Bret in WCW?

A Professional Sort Of
    Tricky question but if I were to take John Cena and Bret Hart off the list, I would guess Chris Jericho...

Though I'm not entirely sure on that one.

I am not sure that Jericho beat Flair. And no, Hogan I do not believe ever faced Hart one on one.

Quote Originally Posted by dpowder View Post
    I am not sure that Jericho beat Flair.
    Unforgiven 2002

Hogan-Hart;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQKVtxXN51s

It's a bit unclear from that who won though. Also, Hogan/Hart on a random episode of Nitro? Silly WCW.

Also;

I actually like Rock's resume more. The order might be arguable, but it's a given fact that the top 4 superstars of all time are Hogan, Rock, Austin, and Cena. Only one of those have beaten the other three at WrestleMania. Quite impressive, kayfabe or not.
    I like that stat. I think Rock might have a win over Flair somewhere as well, just for good measure.

Goldberg Rules!
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5t...ic-flair_sport

Though I don't remember The Rock ever facing John Cena.

A Professional Sort Of
    You don't remember Mr Trololo?

I'm pretty sure they faced each other twice before...

Are those events in your repressed memories section because a certain someone lost? Apart from the fans.

For some reason I believe that Big Show/the Giant has beaten all of the listed. That is also impressive. I know someone will correct me if I am wrong but I think Show did too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Chop View Post
    Hogan-Hart;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQKVtxXN51s

It's a bit unclear from that who won though. Also, Hogan/Hart on a random episode of Nitro? Silly WCW.

Also;

I like that stat. I think Rock might have a win over Flair somewhere as well, just for good measure.
    I don't think so. Flair's only 'Mania "win" came in a match against Rock.

I think the WWE is fucking up this lebron james tweet. Why not have Randy come out for an interview on the Youtube channel and tell Lebron that the only way to get a REAL WWE World title is to take it from him ...

A Professional Sort Of
    Have LeBron come out in the middle of a Randy Orton segment perhaps? No physicality though as Lebron is recovering from injury but I would imagine that the crossover between NBA and WWE can only boost number for both parties.

I want to ask a general WWE question that has nothing to do with the previous post.

Given the following wrestlers: Ric Flair, Hulk Hogan, Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, HHH, Steve Austin, The Rock, John Cena

Is there anyone else, besides the Undertaker, who has beatten them all? I know adding Cena's name might make it tough, but take off Cena from the list, and has anyone else?

Real good question. If you take The Rock, Cena, and Triple H off the list, I *think* Lex Luger might actually have done it (I'm guessing that he beat Austin at some point in WCW and probably HBK on the house show circuit when he was in the WWF).

Chris Benoit did if you count Tag matches (Hogan was a motherfucker with Crreative Control)

Ric Flair - WWE Unforgiven '04
    Hulk Hogan - WCW Nitro Jan 25th 1999
    Bret Hart - WCW Nitro Nov 16th 1998
    Shawn Michaels - WWE Monday Night Raw May 3rd 2004
    HHH - WWE Backlash '04
    Steve Austin - ECW Philadelphia Show August 28 1994
    The Rock - WWF Monday Night Raw May 15th 2000
    John Cena - WWE Smackdown Dec 2nd 2003
    Last edited by Irishsara; 12-30-2013 at 10:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Irishsara View Post
    Chris Benoit did if you count Tag matches (Hogan was a motherfucker with Crreative Control)

Ric Flair - WWE Unforgiven '04
    Hulk Hogan - WCW Nitro Jan 25th 1999
    Bret Hart - WCW Nitro Nov 16th 1998
    Shawn Michaels - WWE Monday Night Raw May 3rd 2004
    HHH - WWE Backlash '04
    Steve Austin - ECW Philadelphia Show August 28 1994
    The Rock - WWF Monday Night Raw May 15th 2000
    John Cena - WWE Smackdown Dec 2nd 2003
    You must be mistaken, this man does not exist in the WWE.

Don't WHAT? Me.
    On 12/26 WWE Superstars Ziggles faced Cesero and the match was awesome. If you got some time to kill you can see it on Hulu

With the news that Ziggler suffered a concussion last night, does anyone think maybe he should hang up the boots? Two concussions in less than a year is very bad news and it seems once you get one, you do get more and more susceptible to them.

If he gets another one I would try and get him to do something else. If he ain't with that let him go. Its on him tho at the end of the day. Nobody will ever really know how bad it affects him [Now] unless he says something. Outside of drugs tho I think that should be their biggest concern as a company. Everyone reacts differently so how do you police them? Really cant unless make an official three strikes rule. Which I think they should. That or three in a certain time period. 3 in 3 - 5 years would make me want to release them just to cover my own ass at the end of the day.

WWE clearly aren't behind Ziggler so if I was him I would cut my loses and move on. Brain function is a something I like in life. Nigga had to dye his hair pink just for some attention.

Super Moderator
    Ziggler's in a tough situation right now. Bumping the way that he does is putting his career in danger, but those bumps are all he really has anymore.

Maybe it's time to cut bait and start fresh? It's hardly the place to do it, but heading over to TNA and changing up his style a bit might at least get him established again. Either that, or he should take to Christian and work on changing up his style a bit.

I've been to concussion town before, and it's not a place I like to visit.

rahman82
    sucks for Ziggler hope he can return to the ring but if not then maybe he can take on a nonwrestling role. Its a shitty deal for the company to cut him if it comes to that but i understand it from a business standpoint. With that said i think serious punishments should come down on those responsible for causing injuries, its one thing if its an accidental concussion but if the person responsible has a history of being reckless and unsafe then something needs to be done to them.

Reality Champ
    It was a pretty ugly shot. He went down in a heap and quickly rolled out of the ring. I was surprised, they wrestled for a few minutes after the injury.

Don't WHAT? Me.
    Considering Ziggles is one of my favs in WWE atm moment I don't wanna see him go....but he prolly should. It suck having a head injury because what other fed could he even go that's safer than WWE? As much shit (and praise) he gets for his bumping, he got hurt on 2 normal moves. Shame....

Goldberg Rules!
    Cut him. Useless turd.

Push The Ryback.

Super Moderator
    He doesn't have to retire, unless he winds up in a Nowinski situation.

Like I said, sit down with a similarly-sized guy like Christian and try to master getting, and staying, over without taking stupid bumps.

Goldberg Rules!
    How does that push The Ryback, though?