Page 142 of 152 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142143144 ... LastLast
Results 5,641 to 5,680 of 6067

Thread: WWE General Discussion Thread

The Greatest of All Time LWO4Life's Avatar
    I think the seeds are planted for a heel Roman turn. I just don't see it happening fully without the backing of Vince McMahon onscreen, or the "Authority."

Has Vince McMahon Lost Confidence in Roman Reigns.

Don't WHAT? Me.
    https://twitter.com/WWE/status/842074228312559616

Might wanna catch the network friday.

Quote Originally Posted by phemom View Post
    Might wanna catch the network friday.
    OMG, The WWE Network Debut of SEX FERGUSON. This might be the greatest moment in the history of the network.

Don't WHAT? Me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irishsara View Post
    OMG, The WWE Network Debut of SEX FERGUSON. This might be the greatest moment in the history of the network.
    There's pretty much 0 information about this, so I'm really looking forward to it. I kinda hope it's like a parody of an 80s territory show with squash matches and then ridiculous promos afterwards.
    Last edited by phemom; 03-15-2017 at 09:49 PM.

Dont get me wrong. Funny dont draw money and I am against this in principle ... but Sex Ferguson has been making towns from one side of this country to the other. "My Mama blew George Hackenschmidt. That's pedigree in this business morherfucker.” - Sex Ferguson

https://www.instagram.com/p/BRrdvlJgOZy/

This is on John Cena's instagram.

Oh my god. I just realized, I might have to relisten to all my Talkin' Shops and write a worked Sex Ferguson Column entitled ... Sex Ferguson : I met him and all I got was a faded 8X10, The Clap and a kid who looks exactly like him.

Reality Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by Irishsara View Post
    Dont get me wrong. Funny dont draw money and I am against this in principle ... but Sex Ferguson has been making towns from one side of this country to the other. "My Mama blew George Hackenschmidt. That's pedigree in this business morherfucker.” - Sex Ferguson
    Funny don't draw money is a ridiculous line that's been proven time and time again. But besides that, this isn't a primary program. It's a fun side thing. I can't wait. It'll probably be a complete trainwreck like Camp WWE where Vince or someone thinks something is hilarious when it's not. But I'll give it a chance.

Goldberg Rules!
    Camp WWE was fun for an episode or two. Then I just lost allllllllll interest. WWE should stop with original programming like that and instead do more stuff like WWE 24.

I WANT UPDATED EPISODES OF LEGENDS OF WRESTLING! JR and Gene probably would not host, why not have someone like JBL or King lead the discussion?

I agree, we need new Legends of Wrestlings. You can have Angle, Booker T and King on the panel. As for host, I'd personally love for JR to comeback, as I can't see anyone else doing it. Mean Gene is getting older, but JR would be who'd I'd put.

Goldberg Rules!
    I don't care who it is, as long as they have an extensive knowledge of wrestling outside of WWE as well. So basically, no Michael Cole (not a knock on him, but I doubt he has much personal knowledge of stuff outside of WWE).

Heyman or Cornette would be fun to have if you wanted to watch the thing burn down, but they should realistically never host. Cornette would never be given the spot anyways so I'm rambling for no reason.

If we are talking about the Network. I wish they would do more with the old tapes. Sit someone down like Todd Phillips and have him narrate through some stuff like The Midnight Rider or Dusty and his Gorilla or trim down some of those classic Hogan stuff like the Hogan and Orndorff feud or Freebirds Vs. Von Erichs with the whole Pin Him stuff or the crazy Blackjack/Sullivan stuff from Florida. I think you could trim up Midnights vs the Rock and Roll and present it in a way that is interesting. You could do Funk/Lawler and bring both guys in with Todd Phillips and freshen it up and show some of the promos to build to a match or two at the end of the show ya know.

You take these feuds that are on for weeks on the WWE network and you trim them up, then you link to all the episodes in the WWE library. It would serve 2 masters, it would promote what is already in the Library, it might get people interested in what happens next and it would get a second use out of content you already have with limited costs by repurposing footage.

When I think of it, Mean Gene was of the 80's, JR was of the 90's, so who would represent the 00's other than Cole. Unless they hire Mr. Obama is a Muslim himself, Joey Styles... dear God no. Well, if they keep him on track, I think I really could get behind bringing Joey Styles back.

Goldberg Rules!
    I really just want one episode with Hogan as one of the panelists. The bullshit meter would break seconds into the show.

Good God. Too bad Savage ain't alive, Hogan and Savage on the same screen would be must watch TV.

Goldberg Rules!
    An "updated" panel of Sting, JBL, Nash (great business mind, gotta give him that), Bryan, and Booker T, maybe? Trying to think of people within WWE's good graces...

Don't WHAT? Me.
    Quote Originally Posted by T.O. View Post
    Camp WWE was fun for an episode or two. Then I just lost allllllllll interest. WWE should stop with original programming like that and instead do more stuff like WWE 24.
    They really do a good job with WWE 24/7 (supposedly Finn Balor's is next).

I think what the network needs to do is stop playing the mid with everything and be more adult.

I've always wanted a more in depth break down of matches and why they work or don't work... Like I know that will likely never happen but it would fun to have that kinda of breakdown.

I want more Breaking Ground.

Don't WHAT? Me.
    Sex Ferg.....uh Luke Gallows tells us more about Southpaw Regional Wrestling....

“Southpaw Regional Wrestling is a concept of this … basically 1980s southern regional wrestling promotion or territory, and it’s a lot of stuff that the guys have been doing for years backstage to entertain each other. I know my character in particular has been an ongoing thing for the better part of a decade.

It was really us getting to kind of take the gloves off and use our… comedic style, if there is one. You’ll get the chance to judge for yourself, but you’ll see a lot of people step outside of the realm of what you’ve seen them do, character-wise, and as in-ring performers as a part of WWE. So it’s kind of a chance for everybody to let their hair down. I didn’t get to because I don’t have any, but everybody else. And we had a blast doing it, man. That thing drops tomorrow. I just watched the teaser myself, I was trying to get them to shoot me a link but they won’t do it.”
    I need this.

Don't WHAT? Me.

WOO! Crispy
    Last edited by phemom; 03-17-2017 at 07:05 PM.

Brilliance. That was gold.

Tghe sad thing is that this was the most amount of personality that the Club has shown in the WWE. But bsides, Slater, Cena, the Club and jericho, who were the other guys? I couldn't figure them out.

Who's idea was this to produce? I love it. LOL. Makes me glad the 80's are over, yet miss the 80's all at the same time... LOL

edit: pt. 2 with RUSEV FTW!
    Last edited by LWO4Life; 03-17-2017 at 01:46 PM.

It just gets better and better and worse.

If by worse, you mean it go so bad it's good. Then I agree.

What I have learn, you can make something so bad it's brilliantly good, which was the first 3 episodes. Then the 4th was basically so horrible, not in a brilliant way, that it was damn good. All of it, I want more.

yes, exactly. So, so horribly bad, that it is so good. As you can tell by my Avatar, I am a huge Godzilla fan, and those movies are so bad, that they are so good.

One of my all time favorite movies is King King vs Godzilla which is the epitome of terrible. Kong's arms keep changing lengths, the special effects are awful, you can see the antennas on the tanks for the remote controls. All in all, a horrible movie, but it is sheer brilliance.

Just like Southpaw Regional Wrestling. A guilty pleasure. And as a boy growing up in the 1980s, this was what you saw on TBS with NWA and early WCW.

But I want a list of perfomers, the obvious ones are obvious, but not sure who everyone was, the Ascension was great. Who was the luchador?
    Last edited by Powder; 03-17-2017 at 02:07 PM.

Don't WHAT? Me.
    People seem to be split on the luchadore... some think it's Luke Harper, others Seth Rollins. I think it's Seth because Harper is a bigger guy.

The Ascension are the surfers, TJP is the champion, Fandango is the co-host, Breeze is the guy who bought the house. Everyone else is noticeable.

Super surprised that New Day & Becky aren't in this, seems like this would be perfect for them.

Good buzz coming from this from the IWC to the normal crowd... so I think we'll get more of this. Give me 10 eps 30 minutes each on the network please.

the length and how it was done seems like it was a side thing people wanted to. i could see more happening but to do 30 mins worth of footage for each ep on top of what they already do is probably a big ask

Don't WHAT? Me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazyking View Post
    the length and how it was done seems like it was a side thing people wanted to. i could see more happening but to do 30 mins worth of footage for each ep on top of what they already do is probably a big ask
    I get that, but if you get everyone else involved I don't think people would get stretched thin, it prolly wouldn't have as much cena tho.

Actually I take that back you're right.... how about ten, 15 minute eps.....like WWE Story Time is. That'd work.

Oh and the ref is John Cone....who seems to be always down for some nonsense.

I miss my father. The fact that WWE did like 3 days of promo suggests that this was the wrestlers idea, if it was WWE's there would've been a ton of hype for it.

Edit: Watching the second time, Breezy, Fandango & Jericho do such a great job....everyone does really, but those three are tops for me.
    Last edited by phemom; 03-17-2017 at 07:01 PM.

I don't think the Luchador is Rollins, as Rollins is more in shape. It does look like Harper, but Harper seems bigger than what we see.

EDIT: La Barba Grande is Harper....

Read this article and it explain everything with the exception of the Sea Creature, where speculation is that he is Cesaro.

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/southpa...special-589487
    Last edited by Powder; 03-17-2017 at 08:45 PM.

Don't WHAT? Me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Section ( 8 ) View Post
    I went to watch one of Xavier Woods' UpUpDownDown videos....

...and well...

You know what's weird about this gif, I remember this UpUp vid....Paige & Woods didn't even have much chemistry in it compared to other ladies that have been on. Odd...

Also, the person behind SRW is the current Vice President of Digital Video at WWE: Brian Pellegatto. Cena tweeted to ask him for more SRW eps so at least John wants to do more.

I forgot where I read it, but someone said they should do a SRW show at the small place NXT does houseshows at, that'd be dope. I bet the talent would have fun doing it, and it would be one of the unique things the WWE Network need IMO.

Super Moderator
    I forgot where I read it, but someone said they should do a SRW show at the small place NXT does houseshows at, that'd be dope. I bet the talent would have fun doing it, and it would be one of the unique things the WWE Network need IMO.
    Man, WWE guys doing parody gimmicks with John Cena doing his Ron Burgandy impression on commentary in a VFW hall for $5 with a max of 200 tickets...that would be my WrestleMania. I would travel to see it.

Also, the person behind SRW is the current Vice President of Digital Video at WWE: Brian Pellegatto. Cena tweeted to ask him for more SRW eps so at least John wants to do more.
    I would watch the fuck out of that. Honestly I mark for Terry Gene Ferguson.

I find the whole Paige thing really gross. I feel for her knowing there is naked stuff out there of her and now she is what ELSE will slip out.

But I always liked Brad Maddox. Hope this helps him get over on the indies.

Best part about Southpaw is seeing the potential guys like Fandango and the Ascension have if given freedom. Chet Chetterfield steals the show.

Don't WHAT? Me.
    At tonight's SmackDown Live, WWE announced to the live crowd that their next show in the state of Connecticut will be the return of the Bad Blood pay-per-view. It will be a RAW exclusive show, and it will take place on July 9th at the XL Center in Hartford, CT. This marks the first WWE pay-per-view to take place at the XL Center since No Way Out in 2000.
    Of all the PPV's to bring back....they use a name that they prolly won't deliver on. It's damn near false advertisement.

It's an early July PPV, why not use the Great American Bash? Or since SD gets MiTB why not have RAW run King Of The Ring?
    Last edited by phemom; 03-22-2017 at 03:50 AM.

Super Moderator
    Of all the PPV's to bring back....they use a name that they prolly won't deliver on. It's damn near false advertisement.
    The term Bad Blood has nothing to do with bleeding.
    It's an early July PPV, why not use the Great American Bash? Or since SD gets MiTB why not have RAW run King Of The Ring?
    They don't like tournaments. Yeah, yeah "But CWC!", that was a special occurance with a limited roster. A show like King of the Ring requires considerably shorter matches, fewer people on the card or more multi-man matches. Even if you just have the semis and finals on the card, that's three matches.

I like tournament shows because they cost me less money, but WWE doesn't feel the same way.

Don't WHAT? Me.
    Uh.......WWE is talking to Sinclair Broadcasting about buying ROH.

I don't really think it's gonna happen, but if the network had ICW,Progress,ROH,205 and NXT that'd be fucking crazy.

Trips is kinda ruthless. Still curious about what WWE does in Japan.
    Last edited by phemom; 03-23-2017 at 12:58 AM.

anyone who thinks ROH would be bought out by WWE and then run touring still and air on the network are the same people who thought WCW would live on.

Also, any one bitching about SBG selling to WWE is a moron too. SBG is TV station company, they don't give one shit about providing wrestlers work... ROH is probably a tax writeoff.

Super Moderator
    From every account coming out of ROH, Sinclair is really interested in the company and its success. They've helped to grow it, and now it's a successful, self-sustaining, profitable division of their company.

The people at Sinclair are really happy with ROH. What started out as a play to own a, hopefully break even, content generation system for their stations, has become a mutually beneficial, revenue generating division of Sinclair. This is exactly the blueprint Anthem is hoping to replicate with Impact.

WWE wouldn't scuttle ROH, what's the point? They'd use ROH. ROH is everything NXT wants to be: a profitable, super indy with a dedicated fanbase. Try as they might NXT is a money loser. A purchase of ROH might just help turn that around.

With WWE branching out seemingly into the UK as a territory, it wouldn't surprise me to see them want to own a profitable company like ROH to run as a completely separate division all the while generating Network content. NXT is almost too full to fit everyone and they keep signing people. It would be a great place to have contracted talent go to tour and train to cycle people in and out and gain quality, and different, experience.

They sent Riddle to EVOLVE. Where would Enzo be today if he could've spent a year in ROH? How would the company view Breeze if they could have cycled him to ROH instead of keeping min in NXT entirely too long?
    Last edited by Team Farrell; 03-23-2017 at 01:29 AM.

Uh.......WWE is talking to Sinclair Broadcasting about buying ROH.

I don't really think it's gonna happen, but if the network had ICW,Progress,ROH,205 and NXT that'd be fucking crazy.

Trips is kinda ruthless. Still curious about what WWE does in Japan.
    Heard someone suggest WWE to try partner with All Japan. Giving All Japan a presence in the US market and allowing WWE to have content for their network from their past and present.

Cool your jets dudes. There's definitely discussions going on between WWE and Sinclair (with most people saying WWE wants to the tape library and that's that) but that's all; there hasn't even been an offer made yet and the two sides have apparently been talking for awhile. Nothing is close to done and probably won't be (if ever) for months. The likelihood is this will end up exactly like the TNA thing, where WWE wanted the library, everyone thought they would get it and in the end Anthem got it. The real big story is that Sinclair may be looking to sell ROH more than anything else.

If it were to happen it likely wouldn't be a good thing. For one they're not bringing that whole roster there. The Young Bucks for example are still contracted with New Japan and even if there was a way out of it they still seem like they want to control their own schedule and merch sales at the moment. They wouldn't be coming. Older dudes like Colt Cabana, Chris Daniels, Frank Kazarian (who had a bad experience with WWE years ago anyway) wouldn't be brought in. Really the only guys you can guarantee would be brought aboard are Cole, Lethal and probably War Machine, which is a decent haul but it's still not going to be enough to placate the fans who want this deal to happen strictly to see so many dudes brought to the mother ship. Second and most importantly, it's another potential competitor taken off the board and either wiped out or turned into another cog in the WWE machine. Sure you can paint it as some sort of piece in a worldwide developmental system and all but at the end of the day ROH, at best, would be just another piece of wrestling property that Vince McMahon and Triple H have total control over. Isn't that what got wrestling into a rut in the first place post 2001; Vince being the only important voice? Perhaps WWE takes ROH in, puts it on the Network and does nothing with it, but their history doesn't suggest that and it's more than likely that ROH (and all these other promotions involved with WWE) eventually just become mini versions of WWE and NXT themselves, much like ECW did. And that's if Vince decides he doesn't just want to scrap ROH for good and buy it just so he can highlight Seth's early years or the Owens-Zayn battles.