Page 144 of 155 FirstFirst ... 4494134142143144145146154 ... LastLast
Results 5,721 to 5,760 of 6194

Thread: WWE General Discussion Thread

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Cult Icon View Post
    From what I've been able to gather, Mauro is done with WWE; he has no plans to return and WWE seems to have no plans to bring him back, though they'll wait till the contract is up to formally get rid of him (this likely to prevent him from commentating on the New Japan shows in Long Beach in July, especially since Meltzer has already said Mauro is expected to work with New Japan again once he's free). Johnathan Coachmen's situation is related to this; last night Meltzer quite publicly called out ESPN for not reporting on this story and Coach ended up getting into a Twitter war with him that...well let's just say it didn't make ESPN or Coach look better. I guess after that he's decided to step away, or someone forced him to. Either way this Mauro-JBL thing is ballooning into something bigger than JBL merely bullying Mauro on a couple of shows, and it wouldn't shock me if things get really bad for JBL and maybe even WWE if more info comes out (which looks to be a possibility at the moment).
    Like I said: fuck that guy. If him being a bully is the reason Mauro is leaving, fuck him. That statement has nothing to do with Mauro or his ability, just that they shouldn't keep a bully around just because of who he was.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smart_Mark View Post
    Not to intentionally change the subject but should Brock's reign include a feud with Balor? Ideally I'd like to see him get owned for a few months until SummerSlam where the Demon King makes his triumphant return a year after the biggest victory of his career.
    I do not want to see Balor vs Brock. I know I'm probably the only one, but if Brock didn't feel like doing shit for Ambrose, what makes you think he's going to want to do shit for someone 30-lbs lighter? That match would likely be a slaughter. Or 13 minutes of Suplex City only for Balor to backflip through a German, land on his feet and hit his comeback (how are you going to slingblade that giant bastard?).

Now, the concept of Balor getting destroyed for a PPV or two, only to earn one more shot and bring the Demon back would be pretty cool, but he'd need to come back with a bit of a new moveset, too.

See, that's precisely why I think this angle would work. Once the bell rings there's next to nothing to differentiate Finn from the demon, so seeing his alter ego come in and do something that Finn failed at would really get over the significance of the aura of the Demon King. It's no different from the Undertaker. His moveset and gimmick didn't change when WrestleMania rolled around.

Unless the injury gave Vince cold feet about his push, I really don't see how long you can reasonably keep the only undefeated Universal champion in history out of the title picture. Hell, maybe the fans will confuse Brock with a CM Punk chant and he'll sell like it's 2013.
    I think it's awesome that the word lisp has an "s" in it.

They are really only to have Brock face bigger or multiple men to show off the "Power of Lesnar". So don't expect Balor to go one on one with Brock, unless they throw guys like Owens and Rollins in there too.

They are going to drag out his title reign until he faces Roman Reigns at SummerFest.

I just keep thinking that if they dig Balor enough to give him one of the biggest pushes ever then they're gonna have to get used to putting him over guys like Roman, Brock and Cena.

Don't WHAT? Me.
    Apparently Finn suffered a concussion on RAW. FUCK.

Mahal mistimed a forearm and nailed Balor.. almost knocked him out. Hope he's back for payback

Super Moderator
    Man, the hate I'm seeing online for Jinder is bullshit. Just because Balor is everyone's favourite indy guy. Balor ate a stiff forearm and got rocked. It's not like Jinder was trying to KO him or anything.

Can you really blame Jinder, though? That was the highest profile match of his career and he's going out there to try and get over. He's working a little more snug to try and get some attention and maybe win the crowd over a little. Something went wrong. It's nobody's fault, it happens. I've been rocked by what should have been simple shots before, too. It happens. Everyone goes out there knowing that it could just as easily happen as not.

EDIT: Also, there are a bunch of stories reporting loud and overwhelming "fire Bradshaw" chants that weren't heard on TV last night. From what I can gather watching the videos, they're pretty scattered and die quickly. They aren't even as loud as your average CM Punk chant. Want to make a difference, folks? Forget CM Punk exists and chant about Bradshaw every night. Raw, Smackdown, House Shows, everywhere. CM Punk wanted to leave, Mauro didn't.
    Last edited by Team Farrell; 04-12-2017 at 01:42 PM.

It's pretty funny to see so many people wanting Jinder punished, especially when most of the fans calling for his head are the same who idolize dudes in New Japan for doing the exact same thing (sometimes even worse). On top of that it's pretty clear (at least from the gif I've seen) that Finn actually turned his head into the gorram blow. All he would've needed to do is run straight in, get his hands up, take a flat bump and you've got a safe but still devestating looking sequence. Instead Balor turns his head right into position to get walloped and Jinder walloped him. It's just an unfortunate instance of both guys timing it wrong and one paying the price; unfortunately for Jinder he's never been looked at as anything more than "just kind of there" while Balor is beloved for reasons I still don't quite understand. Of course he's the villain.

And Coach, it's not really a surprise the "Fire Bradshaw" chants died quickly. The Mauro/JBL story is a big deal to us, but it's still hasn't gotten a ton of media attention, certainly not enough to spill over from a story hardcore fans know to one all fans do. It's going to take time before that movement really grows, if it even does; remember, this is the same company that has convinced itself (and some fans) that any reaction these days is good because "fuck it, we have your money." For all we know them chanting "Fire Bradshaw", "We Want Mauro" or whatever will just lead to Vince snickering and doing nothing.

Super Moderator
    It's pretty funny to see so many people wanting Jinder punished, especially when most of the fans calling for his head are the same who idolize dudes in New Japan for doing the exact same thing (sometimes even worse). On top of that it's pretty clear (at least from the gif I've seen) that Finn actually turned his head into the gorram blow. All he would've needed to do is run straight in, get his hands up, take a flat bump and you've got a safe but still devestating looking sequence. Instead Balor turns his head right into position to get walloped and Jinder walloped him. It's just an unfortunate instance of both guys timing it wrong and one paying the price; unfortunately for Jinder he's never been looked at as anything more than "just kind of there" while Balor is beloved for reasons I still don't quite understand. Of course he's the villain.
    That's exactly what I was thinking. Jinder hit him flush with the forearm. I'd take that shot every night of the week. But the point of the elbow caught Balor in the back of the head. Grit your teeth, tuck your chin and eat it, bro.
    And Coach, it's not really a surprise the "Fire Bradshaw" chants died quickly. The Mauro/JBL story is a big deal to us, but it's still hasn't gotten a ton of media attention, certainly not enough to spill over from a story hardcore fans know to one all fans do. It's going to take time before that movement really grows, if it even does; remember, this is the same company that has convinced itself (and some fans) that any reaction these days is good because "fuck it, we have your money." For all we know them chanting "Fire Bradshaw", "We Want Mauro" or whatever will just lead to Vince snickering and doing nothing.
    I think that this is one of the few crowd responses that could lead to something. I'm the first to defend the "Be A Star" campaign, because the company recognizes that these bullies are people playing characters, but this has been picked up by SI, Yahoo Sports and a few other mainstream outlets. If some of WWE's corporate partners pick up on this shit (and force them to, any time there's a down point in the show chant about it) it's a black enough eye that costs them a lot of social credit. That's the kind of stuff Stephanie is concerned with, and could lead to action.

It's easy to put Steph on a stage at a conference touting Be A Star or other corporate initiatives when characters on your shows are bullies and bad people -- they're TV characters. It's another entirely when mainstream outlets are picking up that you're running anti-bullying campaigns with a real life backstage bully on TV every week.

I hope it gets picked up by more mainstream entertainment outlets. I don't want to see JBL fired, I really don't, but I want to see change. I'm all for good natured hazing; I put trainees through it to break them in. But JBL seems to latch on to someone or some thing and just pick at it until either the person breaks or he gets bored.

This is one of those things where, if fans can get the attention of corporate partners and give WWE a black enough eye, action will be taken.

Reality Champ
    I don't think that it would be the fans that did it. They need a mainstream source to specifically highlight the connection between WWE's bullying culture and their sponsors. While mainstream sources have started to pick up on the JBL story, they've failed to go after that side of it. All it takes is for one of those, legitimate, mainstream, outlets to reach out to one of them for comment, and that's when change may happen.

Just hearing that Matt Anoaʻi (rosey) passed away at 47.

Far too young, RIP.

Real shame about Rosey. He was the SHIT.

Seriously, we need more guys who can take horrible gimmicks and get them over.

Super Moderator
    It's really too bad. Any word on the cause? I know he went into heart failure a few years ago.

I never noticed until today that he looked so much like fat Roman Reigns. I mean, I get that they're brothers but still.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Farrell View Post
    It's really too bad. Any word on the cause? I know he went into heart failure a few years ago.
    From what I heard he got extremely obese the last few years.

Shame.

On a side note, it's reported that Maria and Mike Bennett are signing with WWE and will go straight to the Smackdown roster. I guess with both Bellas pretty much done traveling with WWE, it's safe for Maria to come back.
    Last edited by Section ( 8 ); 04-18-2017 at 07:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Section ( 8 ) View Post
    From what I heard he got extremely obese the last few years.

Shame.

On a side note, it's reported that Maria and Mike Bennett are signing with WWE and will go straight to the Smackdown roster. I guess with both Bellas pretty much done traveling with WWE, it's safe for Maria to come back.
    What exactly happened between The Bellas and Maria?

Quote Originally Posted by Teslamouse View Post
    Probably the same thing that happened between Maryse and the Bellas. Chick stuff.

Don't WHAT? Me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teslamouse View Post
    Apparently right before the Bellas came back WWE was gonna sign Maria,re-sign Maryse,Victoria and a couple others (this was around WM25, which is why all those women were apart of the Kid Rock performance Santina thing) and the Bellas got re-signed, and they didn't. Maria was the main one saying that "the Bellas blocked the signings".

I think it turned out the best for Maria, she got her name up and is alright in the ring now. The interesting part of the story is they would be going straight to SDL and won't see NXT.

Now I'm gonna bring to you guys a question that my non-internet wrestling friend asked me.

Is Mike Bennett right now better than Rodrick Strong?
    He says other than height and having a hot (not asian) wife Bennett is no better than Roddy and doesn't deserve the spot. What do you think?
    Last edited by phemom; 04-19-2017 at 12:43 AM.

Unless Roderick Strong has had all of his talent sucked out of him in the past year, there's no way in hell Bennett is better than him. Frankly from what I saw from Bennett in TNA and ROH I don't see a whole lot there; he has moments of decent character work, but he's overall inconsistent on that front and he's bland as holy hell in the ring. He's basically a really, REALLY poor man's Miz and the only reason he's probably been signed is because WWE wasn't going to get Maria without him. The best case scenario for both (as Maria isn't a good worker still and probably would balk at being separated from Bennett in any scenario) is that they do a Kingdom style faction where Maria can cut awesome promos, Mike can be the second banana to a more talented dude and they go from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Smart_Mark
    Real shame about Rosey. He was the SHIT.

Seriously, we need more guys who can take horrible gimmicks and get them over.
    It's a lost art indeed. Crazy how both members of 3 Minute Warning are gone now.

Super Moderator
    I like Bennett ten billion times better than Strong. Man, if I wasn't so bored by him I'd actively dislike Strong.

I shit on small guys all the time for yuks (and at 210, I'm not exactly Brock Lesnar myself) but Strong is the very definition of vanilla midget. He's got a great face for a babyface, but I've seen nothing in NXT, or before, that makes me think he's as good as people portray him. Don't get me wrong, he's great in the ring...but so is everyone else these days. I feel no more compelled to see a Roderick Strong match than any of the other talented dudes on 205 Live for whom the crowd sits on their hands.

It was the eight man at Takeover that did it for me. I actively dislike Ohno and was more interested in him in that match. Though, to be fair, Riot and Cross were the stars of that match to me. Nikki Cross might be my favourite female wrestler in the company.

Give me a sports entertainer who's pretty okay in the ring with a hot mouthpiece over a talented worker with no personality any day.

You clearly have not watched enough of Roderick Strong then Coach. The guy was a monster not too long ago; some even thought he was right up there with AJ Styles as one of the best American workers alive. The problem with Strong in NXT is that they have him in the wrong role as a face. Strong's biggest strength is as a cocky, wrestling machine style heel like he was in Pro Wrestling Guerilla. Not only was he putting on top flight matches then but he was a captivating character as well. For some reason when he came to NXT they decided to go against that and make him a face who has little character besides "great wrestler" and have pretty much used him as the second/third wheel in the Dillinger/Sanity feud. Put it all together and it's no surprise he's just kind of there (and it isn't just him; WWE has an amazing knack of taking guys who were awesome on the indies and turning them into watered down versions of themselves who leave NXT less over than when they came in).

Trust me on this though; if you put Roderick Strong with Maria, he would do fifteen million times better than Mike Bennett could ever hope. Bennett may be a sports entertainer, but at best he's an okay sports entertainer who has gotten by because Maria is so good and little else. He's legit a poor man's Miz, and that's being kind.

Did the Bellas really have that much influence to block those resigns? What was the reason for them to block it?

The bellas didn't block anything if you believe their story. If I have it right, the company wanted certain people for the reality show, the Bellas being a key part to it and WWE screwed over the others and the Bellas weren't allowed to tell anyone what was going on.

Maryse and Maria went off haresay and Nikki told a story how Maryse tried to get her dad fired.. some real petty shit if true.

Having said all this, Maryse is back with the company and Maria seems to be on her way so I think that settles that.

Super Moderator
    You clearly have not watched enough of Roderick Strong then Coach. The guy was a monster not too long ago; some even thought he was right up there with AJ Styles as one of the best American workers alive. The problem with Strong in NXT is that they have him in the wrong role as a face. Strong's biggest strength is as a cocky, wrestling machine style heel like he was in Pro Wrestling Guerilla. Not only was he putting on top flight matches then but he was a captivating character as well. For some reason when he came to NXT they decided to go against that and make him a face who has little character besides "great wrestler" and have pretty much used him as the second/third wheel in the Dillinger/Sanity feud. Put it all together and it's no surprise he's just kind of there (and it isn't just him; WWE has an amazing knack of taking guys who were awesome on the indies and turning them into watered down versions of themselves who leave NXT less over than when they came in).

Trust me on this though; if you put Roderick Strong with Maria, he would do fifteen million times better than Mike Bennett could ever hope. Bennett may be a sports entertainer, but at best he's an okay sports entertainer who has gotten by because Maria is so good and little else. He's legit a poor man's Miz, and that's being kind.
    I dunno man, I see Roddy and he makes me think of 10 different dudes that I know that are spectacular wrestlers, some even legends overseas, a few who went to the Fed for a bit. I love working em because I know it'll be a good match every time even if I'm on autopilot. I ask them for critique on my work to this day. But I see their tapes and I'm like "yep, I get why you didn't make if big in WWE."

Maybe he's the next Daniel Bryan and I'm crazy? But I saw that weird, goofy, magnetic charisma in Bryan from day one.

In Roddy, I see a guy who guarantees you a great match. But I see enough great matches these days that I need a lot more than that to be sold on a guy.

You're looking at it the wrong way. He shouldn't be the next Bryan; he should be a more wrestling based version of AJ Styles. AJ is great in whatever role you put him in, but there's no question he's a better heel than a face; he's just better as "I'm so much better than you" cocky heel. Roddy is the same. His greatest success in wrestling was when he was a heel in Pro Wrestling Guerilla, where he had the best matches almost every night and rubbed your nose in it (while also adding a hint of insecure, cowardly heel to the mix thanks to his association with the Bucks and Super Dragon). That's his best role. You just haven't seen it Coach because thus far in NXT all he's playing is "great wrestler face." Of course he's not going to get by with that; really the only people who ever got over with that gimmick in WWE (you can get over with it anywhere else, which I think quietly tells you quite a bit) is Benoit. I guarantee you if they turned Strong heel he could be one of the best in the company. Now will they do that? Who knows.

They kind of brought him in as a heel too with Aries in the Dusty Tournament but then Aries got hurt and everything changed.

Roddy Strong has never had Styles look or frankly abilty to do anything in the ring... I'm a huge fan of Roddy but if you expect him to become the next AJ you'll be waiting a long time... I kinda wish he was in a tag team to build his following. Like to me, Gargano and Ciampa while smaller, have a great future because they have built a following in NXT off of great tag team matches. As long as Roddy is in NXT as a singles performer i see him being over shadowed.. its already happening. Even if he was heel, he'd still be second banana to Roode

Reality Champ
    To me, Roderick Strong was the 2nd best wrestler in the world in 2015, only behind Styles. He put on some truly incredible matches that year, at a rate unlike most guys on the planet. Do I see him as one of the absolute top guys? No, partially due to his mic work, and partially due to his size. Do I think he can have a fantastic career in WWE? Yeah, I do.

Is there any chance that on Monday's RAW, Reigns does not get booed out of respect for his brother?

Reality Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by Powder View Post
    Is there any chance that on Monday's RAW, Reigns does not get booed out of respect for his brother?
    They'd have to directly do something with it to have any chance. Do a tribute video directly followed by Roman coming out, without his theme, wearing a Rosey shirt and then get to cut a promo about Rosey. Other than that, no.

if it happened sunday and he was on the show Monday, maybe.. but time has passed and frankly, it would be a cheap trick.. I wouldn't even have Reigns on the show Monday. Save it for Payback

Super Moderator
    After that angle, Reigns shouldn't be on the show until Payback. The most they should do is a "via satellite" interview.

Where Braun destroys Roman again.

Don't WHAT? Me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Farrell View Post
    After that angle, Reigns shouldn't be on the show until Payback. The most they should do is a "via satellite" interview.
    If this were the Attitude Era Reigns would do the interview from the hospital....and then Braun would show up there too.

Quote Originally Posted by phemom
    If this were the Attitude Era Reigns would do the interview from the hospital....and then Braun would show up there too.
    "Oh my God! What the hell is going on? Strowman's at the hospital"

I would pay double the network price to see them troll us all by putting Rosey's cape on Roman and officially change his ring name to Super-Reigns.

S.H.I.T.- Samoan Heritage In Trouble
    I think it's awesome that the word lisp has an "s" in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Smart_Mark
    I would pay double the network price to see them troll us all by putting Rosey's cape on Roman and officially change his ring name to Super-Reigns.

S.H.I.T.- Samoan Heritage In Trouble
    *Sputters*

Reality Champ
    Didn't know where else to put this, but CM Punk is going to be on MTV's The Challenge. As an avid consumer of both wrestling and The Challenge, I am quite excited.

Super Moderator
    Luls. From WWE World Champion, to UFC Fighter-ish, to The Miz circa 2002.

He always seemed above crap like that. I didn't expect his fall to be this quick. I wonder if he's hurting for money already.

Also, looks like WWE paid Mauro to keep quiet about the JBL bullying stuff. JBL escapes trouble again.
    Last edited by comfortablynumb; 04-24-2017 at 05:04 PM.