Page 148 of 148 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148
Results 5,881 to 5,917 of 5917

Thread: General WWE News Thread

Real shame about Rosey. He was the SHIT.

Seriously, we need more guys who can take horrible gimmicks and get them over.

Super Moderator
    It's really too bad. Any word on the cause? I know he went into heart failure a few years ago.

I never noticed until today that he looked so much like fat Roman Reigns. I mean, I get that they're brothers but still.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Farrell View Post
    It's really too bad. Any word on the cause? I know he went into heart failure a few years ago.
    From what I heard he got extremely obese the last few years.

Shame.

On a side note, it's reported that Maria and Mike Bennett are signing with WWE and will go straight to the Smackdown roster. I guess with both Bellas pretty much done traveling with WWE, it's safe for Maria to come back.
    Last edited by Section ( 8 ); 04-18-2017 at 06:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Section ( 8 ) View Post
    From what I heard he got extremely obese the last few years.

Shame.

On a side note, it's reported that Maria and Mike Bennett are signing with WWE and will go straight to the Smackdown roster. I guess with both Bellas pretty much done traveling with WWE, it's safe for Maria to come back.
    What exactly happened between The Bellas and Maria?

Quote Originally Posted by Teslamouse View Post
    Probably the same thing that happened between Maryse and the Bellas. Chick stuff.

King of Cuteville
    Quote Originally Posted by Teslamouse View Post
    Apparently right before the Bellas came back WWE was gonna sign Maria,re-sign Maryse,Victoria and a couple others (this was around WM25, which is why all those women were apart of the Kid Rock performance Santina thing) and the Bellas got re-signed, and they didn't. Maria was the main one saying that "the Bellas blocked the signings".

I think it turned out the best for Maria, she got her name up and is alright in the ring now. The interesting part of the story is they would be going straight to SDL and won't see NXT.

Now I'm gonna bring to you guys a question that my non-internet wrestling friend asked me.

Is Mike Bennett right now better than Rodrick Strong?
    He says other than height and having a hot (not asian) wife Bennett is no better than Roddy and doesn't deserve the spot. What do you think?
    Last edited by phemom; 04-18-2017 at 11:43 PM.

Unless Roderick Strong has had all of his talent sucked out of him in the past year, there's no way in hell Bennett is better than him. Frankly from what I saw from Bennett in TNA and ROH I don't see a whole lot there; he has moments of decent character work, but he's overall inconsistent on that front and he's bland as holy hell in the ring. He's basically a really, REALLY poor man's Miz and the only reason he's probably been signed is because WWE wasn't going to get Maria without him. The best case scenario for both (as Maria isn't a good worker still and probably would balk at being separated from Bennett in any scenario) is that they do a Kingdom style faction where Maria can cut awesome promos, Mike can be the second banana to a more talented dude and they go from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Smart_Mark
    Real shame about Rosey. He was the SHIT.

Seriously, we need more guys who can take horrible gimmicks and get them over.
    It's a lost art indeed. Crazy how both members of 3 Minute Warning are gone now.

Super Moderator
    I like Bennett ten billion times better than Strong. Man, if I wasn't so bored by him I'd actively dislike Strong.

I shit on small guys all the time for yuks (and at 210, I'm not exactly Brock Lesnar myself) but Strong is the very definition of vanilla midget. He's got a great face for a babyface, but I've seen nothing in NXT, or before, that makes me think he's as good as people portray him. Don't get me wrong, he's great in the ring...but so is everyone else these days. I feel no more compelled to see a Roderick Strong match than any of the other talented dudes on 205 Live for whom the crowd sits on their hands.

It was the eight man at Takeover that did it for me. I actively dislike Ohno and was more interested in him in that match. Though, to be fair, Riot and Cross were the stars of that match to me. Nikki Cross might be my favourite female wrestler in the company.

Give me a sports entertainer who's pretty okay in the ring with a hot mouthpiece over a talented worker with no personality any day.

You clearly have not watched enough of Roderick Strong then Coach. The guy was a monster not too long ago; some even thought he was right up there with AJ Styles as one of the best American workers alive. The problem with Strong in NXT is that they have him in the wrong role as a face. Strong's biggest strength is as a cocky, wrestling machine style heel like he was in Pro Wrestling Guerilla. Not only was he putting on top flight matches then but he was a captivating character as well. For some reason when he came to NXT they decided to go against that and make him a face who has little character besides "great wrestler" and have pretty much used him as the second/third wheel in the Dillinger/Sanity feud. Put it all together and it's no surprise he's just kind of there (and it isn't just him; WWE has an amazing knack of taking guys who were awesome on the indies and turning them into watered down versions of themselves who leave NXT less over than when they came in).

Trust me on this though; if you put Roderick Strong with Maria, he would do fifteen million times better than Mike Bennett could ever hope. Bennett may be a sports entertainer, but at best he's an okay sports entertainer who has gotten by because Maria is so good and little else. He's legit a poor man's Miz, and that's being kind.

Did the Bellas really have that much influence to block those resigns? What was the reason for them to block it?

The bellas didn't block anything if you believe their story. If I have it right, the company wanted certain people for the reality show, the Bellas being a key part to it and WWE screwed over the others and the Bellas weren't allowed to tell anyone what was going on.

Maryse and Maria went off haresay and Nikki told a story how Maryse tried to get her dad fired.. some real petty shit if true.

Having said all this, Maryse is back with the company and Maria seems to be on her way so I think that settles that.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Cult Icon View Post
    You clearly have not watched enough of Roderick Strong then Coach. The guy was a monster not too long ago; some even thought he was right up there with AJ Styles as one of the best American workers alive. The problem with Strong in NXT is that they have him in the wrong role as a face. Strong's biggest strength is as a cocky, wrestling machine style heel like he was in Pro Wrestling Guerilla. Not only was he putting on top flight matches then but he was a captivating character as well. For some reason when he came to NXT they decided to go against that and make him a face who has little character besides "great wrestler" and have pretty much used him as the second/third wheel in the Dillinger/Sanity feud. Put it all together and it's no surprise he's just kind of there (and it isn't just him; WWE has an amazing knack of taking guys who were awesome on the indies and turning them into watered down versions of themselves who leave NXT less over than when they came in).

Trust me on this though; if you put Roderick Strong with Maria, he would do fifteen million times better than Mike Bennett could ever hope. Bennett may be a sports entertainer, but at best he's an okay sports entertainer who has gotten by because Maria is so good and little else. He's legit a poor man's Miz, and that's being kind.
    I dunno man, I see Roddy and he makes me think of 10 different dudes that I know that are spectacular wrestlers, some even legends overseas, a few who went to the Fed for a bit. I love working em because I know it'll be a good match every time even if I'm on autopilot. I ask them for critique on my work to this day. But I see their tapes and I'm like "yep, I get why you didn't make if big in WWE."

Maybe he's the next Daniel Bryan and I'm crazy? But I saw that weird, goofy, magnetic charisma in Bryan from day one.

In Roddy, I see a guy who guarantees you a great match. But I see enough great matches these days that I need a lot more than that to be sold on a guy.

You're looking at it the wrong way. He shouldn't be the next Bryan; he should be a more wrestling based version of AJ Styles. AJ is great in whatever role you put him in, but there's no question he's a better heel than a face; he's just better as "I'm so much better than you" cocky heel. Roddy is the same. His greatest success in wrestling was when he was a heel in Pro Wrestling Guerilla, where he had the best matches almost every night and rubbed your nose in it (while also adding a hint of insecure, cowardly heel to the mix thanks to his association with the Bucks and Super Dragon). That's his best role. You just haven't seen it Coach because thus far in NXT all he's playing is "great wrestler face." Of course he's not going to get by with that; really the only people who ever got over with that gimmick in WWE (you can get over with it anywhere else, which I think quietly tells you quite a bit) is Benoit. I guarantee you if they turned Strong heel he could be one of the best in the company. Now will they do that? Who knows.

They kind of brought him in as a heel too with Aries in the Dusty Tournament but then Aries got hurt and everything changed.

Roddy Strong has never had Styles look or frankly abilty to do anything in the ring... I'm a huge fan of Roddy but if you expect him to become the next AJ you'll be waiting a long time... I kinda wish he was in a tag team to build his following. Like to me, Gargano and Ciampa while smaller, have a great future because they have built a following in NXT off of great tag team matches. As long as Roddy is in NXT as a singles performer i see him being over shadowed.. its already happening. Even if he was heel, he'd still be second banana to Roode

Reality Champ
    To me, Roderick Strong was the 2nd best wrestler in the world in 2015, only behind Styles. He put on some truly incredible matches that year, at a rate unlike most guys on the planet. Do I see him as one of the absolute top guys? No, partially due to his mic work, and partially due to his size. Do I think he can have a fantastic career in WWE? Yeah, I do.

Is there any chance that on Monday's RAW, Reigns does not get booed out of respect for his brother?

Reality Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by Powder View Post
    Is there any chance that on Monday's RAW, Reigns does not get booed out of respect for his brother?
    They'd have to directly do something with it to have any chance. Do a tribute video directly followed by Roman coming out, without his theme, wearing a Rosey shirt and then get to cut a promo about Rosey. Other than that, no.

if it happened sunday and he was on the show Monday, maybe.. but time has passed and frankly, it would be a cheap trick.. I wouldn't even have Reigns on the show Monday. Save it for Payback

Super Moderator
    After that angle, Reigns shouldn't be on the show until Payback. The most they should do is a "via satellite" interview.

Where Braun destroys Roman again.

King of Cuteville
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Farrell View Post
    After that angle, Reigns shouldn't be on the show until Payback. The most they should do is a "via satellite" interview.
    If this were the Attitude Era Reigns would do the interview from the hospital....and then Braun would show up there too.

Quote Originally Posted by phemom
    If this were the Attitude Era Reigns would do the interview from the hospital....and then Braun would show up there too.
    "Oh my God! What the hell is going on? Strowman's at the hospital"

I would pay double the network price to see them troll us all by putting Rosey's cape on Roman and officially change his ring name to Super-Reigns.

S.H.I.T.- Samoan Heritage In Trouble
    I think it's awesome that the word lisp has an "s" in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Smart_Mark
    I would pay double the network price to see them troll us all by putting Rosey's cape on Roman and officially change his ring name to Super-Reigns.

S.H.I.T.- Samoan Heritage In Trouble
    *Sputters*

Reality Champ
    Didn't know where else to put this, but CM Punk is going to be on MTV's The Challenge. As an avid consumer of both wrestling and The Challenge, I am quite excited.

Super Moderator
    Luls. From WWE World Champion, to UFC Fighter-ish, to The Miz circa 2002.

He always seemed above crap like that. I didn't expect his fall to be this quick. I wonder if he's hurting for money already.

Also, looks like WWE paid Mauro to keep quiet about the JBL bullying stuff. JBL escapes trouble again.
    Last edited by comfortablynumb; 04-24-2017 at 04:04 PM.

I don't think he's hurting for money really, its just very few can retire at 36 and just go to hockey games for the rest of their life.. He never went to school, he doesn't have many outside skills besides being a wrestler and he probably realizes his fight future is unlikely as well.

I wonder how much he could get paid for a podcast...

I mean, I don't know how competing on one of MTV's longest running popular shows for charity is considered bottom of the barrel.

I just want to see how Punk deals with hanging around a bunch of drunken frat boys.

Ever watch that crap? It's a step above Celebrity Rehab. You act like he's doing it out of the goodness of his heart. He's getting paid to appear.

Reality Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
    Ever watch that crap? It's a step above Celebrity Rehab. You act like he's doing it out of the goodness of his heart. He's getting paid to appear.
    Of course he's getting paid to appear. They all get paid to appear. Johnny Bananas makes some good money off of it.

Of course they all get paid to appear.

Quote Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
    Of course I watch. It's a fun show. Rotating crew of trash talkers taking advantage of newbies. It'll be interesting to see of the Pros fall into the same traps all rookies get into. And it should be noted that Shawne Merriman has wanted to fight Punk in the past. It's also the 1st time they are doing something like this, so it's not like Punk is on the 23rd season of Celebrity Who Gives a Damn.

Changing course. Vince McMahon: The Motion Picture. Who do you cast?

King of Cuteville
    I wonder what type of stuff does Punk (and AJ Lee for that matter) turn down. I'd imagine there's money out there for them if they wanna give us their privacy, which I don't think they wanna trade. We'll see in about 5 years tho....

When it comes to a Vince story I think I'd want a bunch of people I've never heard of. I've seen the McMahons so much throughout my life I don't know if I could take a movie seriously. Not that it shouldn't be made, it's just personally unless there's gonna be some unearthed dirt in it I wouldn't have much interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazyking View Post
    I don't think he's hurting for money really, its just very few can retire at 36 and just go to hockey games for the rest of their life.. He never went to school, he doesn't have many outside skills besides being a wrestler and he probably realizes his fight future is unlikely as well.

I wonder how much he could get paid for a podcast...
    Doesn't AJ Lee have money? And how could he be hurting for money? Surely he has millions.