Page 149 of 155 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151 ... LastLast
Results 5,921 to 5,960 of 6193

Thread: WWE General Discussion Thread

The Brain
    I can think of more Roman matches that I like than Jinder matches, but I don't really care to watch either these days.

Quote Originally Posted by mizfan View Post
    I can think of more Roman matches that I like than Jinder matches, but I don't really care to watch either these days.
    To be fair, the Roman/Strowman matches were good.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I have been informed that Booby Heenan has passed away.

That's shit. RIP Bobby. A true legend in the business.

One of the voices of my childhood. Truly a sad day.

I was saying Boo-Urns. lunchbox1981's Avatar
    Unfortunately I've seen a lot of my favorite wrestlers and wrestling personalities pass on over the years. This one however for me has been the saddest since the Macho Man. RIP The Brain.

The Brain
    God, that one hits me hard. I'm still processing it. The best pure performer in wrestling history, there was never another one like him and probably never will be.

I think it is pretty interesting that the WWE has not tried to sure/prevent Ford and Burger King for their recent commercials promoting their products. Both companies have been using the catchphrase "we don't set the bar, we are the bar" on their TV spots.

Vince is so adamant on copyrighting names, likenesses, and phrases, that I am surprised that there has not been anything said by the WWE.

God, that one hits me hard. I'm still processing it. The best pure performer in wrestling history, there was never another one like him and probably never will be.

The greatest all-around talent possibly. I've read and heard stories of how he was a great in-ring wrestler too. "Pretty Boy" Bobby Heenan.

Just another reason why the Rock is awesome:

22045995_10155191427717424_1303487391073752833_n.jpg

Enzo a savage on the mic to end RAW. Cruiserweights in main event slot for first time I think.

Wrestling heroes Owens, Zayn, Nakmura really putting butts in the seats on SD this week. 5 tool players indeed.

Super Moderator
    Did the show not draw a house? Because they were only 400k viewers short of Raw this week.

The Greatest of All Time LWO4Life's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Farrell View Post
    Did the show not draw a house? Because they were only 400k viewers short of Raw this week.
    Nope, looked like a TNA/Impact/GFW house show.

Place was empty and I mean EMPTY

it hurts being on the west coast and running shows at 5pm on a Tuesday.

One for the Brits... 5 star wrestling have a television deal!

From February 1st they'll be live on the "freesports" channel. I've give them a go. They're spunking money on big names.

Likes of RVD and Rey Mysterio appearing.
    Last edited by anonymous; 10-01-2017 at 11:52 AM.

isn't that the same five star wrestling that offered 1Mil to Punk for a tournament they were running and then they canceled said tournament?

I imagine so. They seem to be throwing money around for fun. Arena tour too.. https://5starwrestling.co.uk/

More potential departure news; Jimmy Jacobs has been let go of his creative position, allegedly because he took a photo with The Young Bucks, Adam Page, Cody and Marty Scurll during the Bullet Club's invasion of RAW a few weeks ago. Guess that means he'll be wrestling again soon!

Super Moderator
    Jimmy Jacobs looking super GQ in that picture, BTW.

I gotta say, I watched a pay per view AND a Raw back-to-back for the first time...since WrestleMania, maybe?

...I mean, it was a SmackDown PPV but still.

Ummm...i just read a pretty nasty, and by that I mean, awful rumor. The WWE wants as the main vent of Survivor Series to be Universal Champion Brock Lesnar to face WWE Champion Jinder Majal in a non title match.

Ugh.

I'm into that.

I read that rumour. Hope it happens as it means I won’t have to watch them both have shit matches with other people. I’ll get an early night too.

Yeah, but Lesnar just beat Reigns, Joe and Strowman at SummerSlam, and then Strowman clean at No Mercy. Does anyone really expect Jinder to hold a candle to any of those guys and have a legit shot?

AND the WWE expects Lesnar to sell for Jinder Majal? My guess is that Lesnar and Heyman laugh at that. Or worse, the WWE has Lesnar squash their WWE Champion.

Quote Originally Posted by anonymous View Post
    I read that rumour. Hope it happens as it means I wonít have to watch them both have shit matches with other people. Iíll get an early night too.
    When does Brock have shit matches? The match with Joe was amazing, and only hampered by the fact that it was only given 6 minutes (so that Roman could have like 40 minutes for his dramatic post-match angle with Braun), which was obviously the wrong thing to do. Then he had that fantastic 4-way match, followed by that lackluster match with Braun, but it's Braun, so that was to be expected. Brock can still go though, clearly.

The Brain
    Going off recent memory, the Ambrose and Orton matches were godawful. I know some people like his stuff with Goldberg and Taker but a lot of people hated that stuff too. He usually seems to do well in multi-man matches, possibly because he can hide his terrible cardio. Do people really expect lackluster Braun matches? I feel like he has a much better track record than Lesnar recently, especially in singles matches.

Super Moderator
    What leads anyone to believe that he has bad cardio? Because he sweats? Bro, some of the fittest dudes I know sweat standing up, they're just sweaty dudes.

I really enjoyed Braun and Brock's match. I'm not entirely sure what people expected it to be other than two hosses going at it. Braun moves well for a guy his size, but you're never going to get high spots or a pace like some of the smaller guys set, and you don't always need that. I thought that it was a great match that accomplished what it needed to accomplish.

But, I also like Jinder. I like his style. I don't like 79 high spots in a match and find it really refreshing to see a guy take a hold, work it and wear a guy down...you know, the thing that all wrestlers are taught to do.

Goodbye Emma. I never liked her original goofy gimmick but her heel gimmick worked fine with me. Emmalina was brutal however.

Darren Young and Summer Rae also gone. Might be a fall cleaning day for WWE.

Oh man, gutted about Emma. Thought the Asuka stuff might have been a little show of trust in her ability.

I was shocked to see how much offense Emma got in in the second Asuka match, on TV. Is it possible that she went into business for herself that night, and got fired for it?

Quote Originally Posted by Colder Fusion View Post
    I was shocked to see how much offense Emma got in in the second Asuka match, on TV. Is it possible that she went into business for herself that night, and got fired for it?
    They would've fired her immediately if that were the case, not days later. This is either a case where Emma requested her release or WWE decided to let people go and she was one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
    Oh man, gutted about Emma. Thought the Asuka stuff might have been a little show of trust in her ability.
    Looks to me like they knew they were gonna let her go so they used her to give Asuka a semi-credible victory for her debut. There are several other women with higher profiles they could've used.
    I think it's awesome that the word lisp has an "s" in it.

The Greatest of All Time LWO4Life's Avatar
    I know that Emma and Asuka had great matches in NXT, so I wouldn't be surprise if they just worked that way. Emma probably didn't know she was being released and the WWE was trying to get a great match out to make Asuka's debut feel special. After that they probably felt like they got all out of Emma after that and released her.

Going off recent memory, the Ambrose and Orton matches were godawful. I know some people like his stuff with Goldberg and Taker but a lot of people hated that stuff too. He usually seems to do well in multi-man matches, possibly because he can hide his terrible cardio. Do people really expect lackluster Braun matches? I feel like he has a much better track record than Lesnar recently, especially in singles matches.

The Ambrose match was lame because Brock was unmotivated, didn't respect Ambrose, and the company didn't care for it either. The Orton match was okay, but nothing special because Orton phones it in and doesn't do anything creative, and the whole match was the angle. The Taker and Goldberg matches were pretty good, you could accuse them of being 'smokes and mirrors', but they were pretty good for what they were and all things considered.

I disliked Brock/Braun (and I think most people did too) because it was supposed to be an epic battle of the hosses (because of all the Summerslam carnage Braun did), and ended up just being an average match. The only good matches that Bruan has had were his matches with Roman, because Roman has some chemistry with him, it isn't a squash, and the matches were highly gimmicked, protected, and choreographed. Outside of that, it's been 4 ways/multi-man matches where Braun's looked good. I don't have a problem with that, he should be protected and his weaknesses masked, but the celebrations of him as a great worker are premature.

Brock on the other hand I find pretty great. He's been put into pretty limited situations this year and still pulled through. He was put with a 50 year old Goldberg and ended up having the perfect Goldberg match with him. Then he was given a mere 6 minutes with Samoa Joe of all people and managed to make it memorable.

Super Moderator
    On a slightly different topic, I had some down time this weekend so I finally got to enjoy the Network for the first time in a long time. I watched Survivor Series '02-'04 (started with '02 mainly to watch Steiner's debut again and autoplay kicked in) and I had two takeaways.

1) People complain about the 2002 time suffering a major drop in quality and being the start of Triple H's reign of terror, but that shit was my favourite. It was the most stacked the roster would ever get. Seriously, 2002 was just about everyone that I loved in the Attitude Era, in one place at the same time and in their physical peaks.

Plus there was a women's division to rival today -- '02 had Trish and Victoria in a brutal hardcore match, '03 had Molly Holly and Lita in a really underrated match, and '04 had Trish vs Lita in what was more of an angle but still satisfying given the context of the video package that they aired beforehand. (Plus heel Trish is the best.) It's really unfortunate that Victoria, Lita, Molly Holly and Trish couldn't all stay healthy on the roster at the same time with Lita breaking her neck and whatnot.

Triple H looks like a beast through all three shows; HBK is in true showstopper mode in '02 and '03 (that 03 match might be the best Traditional Survivor Series match); Batista is on approximately all the gear; Brock's moving great; Kidman, the rest of the Cruisers and the SmackDown Six both look and wrestle like a million bucks and could easily hold up to anything on any card today.

Triple H vs Goldberg in '03 is a wildly underrated putover for Goldberg, dispatching all of Evolution with and injured Triple H doing his best Ric Flair impression and selling fear of Goldberg.

But...

2) The drastic drop in overall show quality as the new generation starts to come up is striking.

'04 is a pretty rough show, lacking in stars with a great Cruiser opener and not much else. Angle, Brock, Cena, Eddie, Benoit, Jericho, Orton, Edge, H and Batista are all hidden in Traditional Survivor Series matches. Taker tries to drag a match out of Heidenreich. The show ends very suddenly after the Raw Series match.

No McMahons, no HBK, no Kane, Brock is gone.

Kudos for SmackDown for legitimately trying to push some younger stars and letting Jindrack and Luthor Reigns go 50-50 with the established SmackDown guys, but still...what a tremendous drop in quality year-over-year.
    Last edited by Team Farrell; 10-31-2017 at 12:52 PM.

I guess there's rumors that Gallows and Anderson are out the door. No confirmation yet, but something to keep an eye out for.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Cult Icon View Post
    I guess there's rumors that Gallows and Anderson are out the door. No confirmation yet, but something to keep an eye out for.
    Honestly, good. They're better than what they've been given. It almost seems like they signed them just to hurt the Bullet Club with no intention of using them or pushing them. There was a minute where they started using the Bullet Club gimmick, but it's like after they realized that they couldn't get the name, they moved AJ to SmackDown and killed it.

Man, a Club vs Revival program would be awesome!