Page 149 of 149 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149
Results 5,921 to 5,937 of 5937

Thread: General WWE News Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Teslamouse View Post
    Doesn't AJ Lee have money? And how could he be hurting for money? Surely he has millions.
    Millions? Sure maybe he has a few mil but if the the Forbes article that showed some of WWE's highest paid performers is correct, we can guesstimate that Punk was probably making about a Million a year on his last contract. Add in a percent of merch and whatever else, I don't know, he did pretty well for himself. It was a short run though. He doesn't do movies, has no endorsements, I don't even think he's the kinda of person to invest his money....So what it comes down to is, he can sit on his ass for the next five years, be okay but then the well would dry up.

Unless he keeps his name out there and keeps doing stuff. Even stuff like an MTV reality show.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazyking View Post
    Millions? Sure maybe he has a few mil but if the the Forbes article that showed some of WWE's highest paid performers is correct, we can guesstimate that Punk was probably making about a Million a year on his last contract. Add in a percent of merch and whatever else, I don't know, he did pretty well for himself. It was a short run though. He doesn't do movies, has no endorsements, I don't even think he's the kinda of person to invest his money....So what it comes down to is, he can sit on his ass for the next five years, be okay but then the well would dry up.

Unless he keeps his name out there and keeps doing stuff. Even stuff like an MTV reality show.
    CM Punk may be a selfish asshole, but he was never stupid. What makes you think that he was not smart enough to invest his money? My guess is that before he left the WWE, when he was making all that money, he had a financial advisor, and an investment portfolio, and he ran the numbers. I would also bet that before he took his ball and went home, he made sure that he and AJ would be financially ok for the rest of their lives. Otherwise he would have to be working now and earning money. The UFC paid him, but how much? A few hundred thousand? That is sufficient for a couple of years, but no the remaining 30-50 years of the rest of his life.

I would bet that CM Punk is financially fine, and he also probably has income coming from sources that we do not even know about.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by phemom View Post
    https://streamable.com/0iswk

Can anyone explain what Aliyah is doing here?
    My best guess is this: https://youtu.be/IWQsjAox5hE?t=1m45s

But she doesn't have the mechanics of the sell down.

I do the same thing from time to time on a big whip spot...but I don't release them and take a needless bump.

Fuck, sometimes I forget just how fluid and good Triple H was. He works a couple times a year now in big, epic main event style matches. But, man, when he was doing it week-to-week there weren't many as good as him.

I'm far from a CM Punk fan but what inside information do you have about him that makes you think he doesn't invest his money? Or are you just making that up ?

I seem to recall everyone and their brother saying back when Punk left that he was significantly well off, saved his money really well and wouldn't have to work again if he didn't want to. And that was before he made cash off of writing comics, making convention appearances and the UFC fight. I'd reckon whatever reason he has for doing The Challenge has nothing to do with needing money. Maybe the dude is just bored and really wants to do it, as odd as that would seem to me.

Don't WHAT? Me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Farrell View Post
    My best guess is this: https://youtu.be/IWQsjAox5hE?t=1m45s

But she doesn't have the mechanics of the sell down.

I do the same thing from time to time on a big whip spot...but I don't release them and take a needless bump.

Fuck, sometimes I forget just how fluid and good Triple H was. He works a couple times a year now in big, epic main event style matches. But, man, when he was doing it week-to-week there weren't many as good as him.
    Ah....she took the bump so wrong that I thought she was selling a move that never happened LOL. Everything I've seen of Aliyah's works suggest she doesn't have it....but perhaps she'll get that magic taping most of the NXT women have when it all starts clicking.

Trips was the better of the top 4 (Austin,Rock,Taker) at TV matches IMO.

I'm not trying to disparge Punk in any way, i'm a fan of his, its just speculation that he doesn't trust alot of people, especially with his money.. (Seeing as how his brother stole from him)

I could be wrong and he could be okay money wise, invested in the right things with an advisor. I didn't mean to imply he would be broke. Just that very few wrestling guys can just leave the business at his age and do pretty much nothing.

Don't WHAT? Me.
    In Ridiculous news: RAW will have a ppv on July 9th called "WWE Great Balls of Fire"

I wish I was making this up. The show will have Brock's first title defense.

They should introduce an interim championship.

Quote Originally Posted by phemom View Post
    In Ridiculous news: RAW will have a ppv on July 9th called "WWE Great Balls of Fire"

I wish I was making this up. The show will have Brock's first title defense.
    What was wrong with Great American Bash?

The Greatest of All Time LWO4Life's Avatar
    I loved that name for the July PPV. I loved GAB for Smackdown in the first brand split. It made no sense that WCW had Bash at the Beach for July. I'm all for WWE bring back Great American Bash for sure.

Undisputed part 8: The Rise of the AWA

WCW had great Ppv names

Great Balls Of Fire is a fucking travesty for a PPV name. WCW was always way better at PPV names, ECW was too honestly. I'd like it if WWE brought back 1 or 2 WCW PPV names for newer events to kind of bring some interest to their old WCW content on the network. Fall Brawl (War Games!) and Great American Bash would be sweet.

If you try to guestimate how much Punk has made in WWE, especially in the year he held the World Title, it would be in the ballpark of 4-5 million (Cena made 10 million in 2015 as a point of reference). Over his career? I'd say it safe to assume he made over 15 million between merchendising and contracts/title runs. And then he easily made a few million in MMA. He was a big attraction/draw, even if for only a match- he got paid 7 figures easily. Add in appearances, comics, e.t.c. and there is zero chance he is hurting for money. There is a good chance he is like Mikey and is a closet fan of the show and just wanted to do a season for the hell of it. Side note: I watched like the first two or three seasons of that a long ass time ago and I thought for sure that show was long dead before you guys mentioned this. Johnny Bananas is still doing that stuff? Dude was such a douche.

Also, Iken, how in the world do you draw a comparison between Bennett and Miz? If Bennett is anyone at all he is a CM Punk clone. Watch his promos, it's like he figured Punk didnt wrestle anymore so he could just lift his style entirely. Despite that, I'd rank him higher on the charisma scale than Roddy, and his wrestling skills are comparable, with Roddy edging him out slightly there. Roderick will be a supporting role type of wrestler in WWE- lots of indy fans will be bitter and frustrated- circle of WWE life.

Don't WHAT? Me.
    Absolutely nothing. There had to be someone around Vince saying "are we really naming it this?" ...I can't imagine Road Dogg thinking this isn't dumb.

ECW did have some solid PPV names....I mean WWE Heatwave rolls off the tongue well IMO.

On the Punk/AJ having money thing, I think they'll be okay because I don't think they live a crazy life. I doubt they drive Maybach's or AJ has a Giuseppe addiction or anything. I see them as people that live like if they if AJ's macbook air went kaput when she was writing her book she can just buy a brand new one w/the apple care. Just a solid good life you know?

Super Moderator
    Great Balls of Fire makes me chuckle. The sick part of me likes it in a "I can't wait to see them try and sell this shit" sort of way.

I avoided naming my shows for a long time because I thought it was cliche. But now that I do, I try and go with one word, or short, names. Names with some punch. And reuse those names each year, not necessarily on an annual basis but the good ones I keep to break out again later on.

The problem, in my opinion, with Great Balls of Fire isn't that it's a stupid name (85% of my shows names come from 80s song titles or 70s-80s action movie names) it's that the name is really cumbersome. Don't get me wrong, it's a stupid name. But is it any stupider as a name to a non wrestling fan than Hell in a Cell?

Roadblock was a great PPV name. Roadblock: End of the Line was terrible. It was so cumbersome to say and sounded really forced when they tried to get it out. This is going to be the same. The announcers trying to sell Great Balls of Fire is going to be terrible. The logo doesn't help given that it's clearly created by an intern using fonts that I'm pretty sure I have on my computer. The callback to flamingtext.com makes it look super low rent.

You're in goddamn Dallas, WWE. Why not call your PPV World Class? That would be a great homage.

EDIT: Just out of curiosity I hit up flamingtext.com...they are actually a halfway decent wordmark generator these days.
    Last edited by Team Farrell; 05-04-2017 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Farrell
    Great Balls of Fire makes me chuckle. The sick part of me likes it in a "I can't wait to see them try and sell this shit" sort of way.

I avoided naming my shows for a long time because I thought it was cliche. But now that I do, I try and go with one word, or short, names. Names with some punch. And reuse those names each year, not necessarily on an annual basis but the good ones I keep to break out again later on.

The problem, in my opinion, with Great Balls of Fire isn't that it's a stupid name (85% of my shows names come from 80s song titles or 70s-80s action movie names) it's that the name is really cumbersome. Don't get me wrong, it's a stupid name. But is it any stupider as a name to a non wrestling fan than Hell in a Cell?

Roadblock was a great PPV name. Roadblock: End of the Line was terrible. It was so cumbersome to say and sounded really forced when they tried to get it out. This is going to be the same. The announcers trying to sell Great Balls of Fire is going to be terrible. The logo doesn't help given that it's clearly created by an intern using fonts that I'm pretty sure I have on my computer. The callback to flamingtext.com makes it look super low rent.

You're in goddamn Dallas, WWE. Why not call your PPV World Class? That would be a great homage.

EDIT: Just out of curiosity I hit up flamingtext.com...they are actually a halfway decent wordmark generator these days.
    Seen a few ppl who are itching for Heyman to hype it.

Hey T.O.-When was the last time Orton got offered a million bucks to work a single event?