View Poll Results: Who will win the Lethal Lockdown Steel Cage Match?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Team MVP

6 66.67%
  • Team Dixie

3 33.33%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Impact Wrestling PPV Discussion Thread

Exclamation Bound For Glory 2014

Welcome to the TNA Bound For Glory 2014 Discussions Thread in the LOP Forums.

Listed below are the matches we can look forward to on Sunday night.
    We're in for a special evening of matches, thanks to TNA's decision to broadcast from Tokyo, Japan, and to feature stars from the Wrestle-One promotion. Most of the matches will be inter-promotional, and we'll have the 3rd TNA Hall of Fame induction, with Team 3D getting the nod. Check out the matches below, which will be accompanied by a sentence or two to describe the story, and decide if you will tune in. I hope you will!

Please share your thoughts, opinions, and predictions in this thread before, during, and after the event!

LOCAL TALENT MATCH
    Andy Wu & Hijo Del Pantera vs Kuroshio Ikemen Jiro & Yusuke Kodama
    I might be ignorant of who these guys are, but I remain confident that they'll put on a fantastic match.

HIGH FLIERS MATCH
    Manik vs. Minoru Tanaka
    Fast-paced action, top-rope insanity, and intense competition will drive this match. It should be a fun one to watch.

KNOCKOUTS CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
    HAVOK (Champion) vs Velvet Sky
    It's been 4 months since the last PPV and we have a new champion and a new #1 contender. The Knockouts Division has been fairly competitive. Will this match meet the expectations of TNA fans?

X-DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
    Samoa Joe (Champion) vs. Low Ki vs. Kaz Hayashi
    A three-way dance between three very mean men. Can Samoa Joe retain by being the killer TNA fans know he can be? He's going to be pushed to the limit by his opponents.

GRUDGE MATCH
    Ethan Carter III (EC3) vs. Ryota Hama
    Ethan Carter gets another opportunity to prove why he is the best upcoming wrestler in TNA today. Ryota Hama will set out to squash this Carter's pride on his home turf.

MVP vs Kazma Sakamoto
    MVP's been injured for quite some time and now he must face one of Wrestle-One's top wrestlers? Will strong style be too much for MVP and will Sakamoto show MVP up?

HALL OF FAMERS vs. HALL OF MAIMERS?
    Team 3D vs Abyss & Tommy Dreamer
    I will be surprised if this contest doesn't end up getting a little extreme...as all four men are more than capable of laying their bodies on the line (or on tacks, tables, barbwire) to get the win.

MAIN EVENT TAG TEAM MATCH
    The Great Muta & Tajiri vs James Storm & The Great Sanada

This one's personal. Storm's influence on Sanada has twisted him into thinking he is the next Great Muta. In this teacher vs. student story, will the Great Muta show he is still the better wrestler, or has his time as a legend come to an end?

Event is scheduled to begin at 8PM EST on pay-per-view.
    Looking forward to your questions and comments below.
    Listen to LOP Radio and IMPACT: The Revolution to get caught up on the storylines before the PPV.
    http://www.blogtalkradio.com/lordsofpain

Attached Images Attached Images
    THE SCHOOLHOUSE

The Schoolhouse: Now Showing on the LOP Main Page

Winner of the 2016 Davey Boy Cup

Almost impossible to predict this PPV. I'll go out on a limb though and predict Havok retains.

StormDragonZ
    No one wins tonight.

This really should have been one of those Joker's Wild PPVs, where they tape it and play it months later, for whatever reason.

The idea of doing a big PPV in Japan sounds great in theory, but if you don't plan it out, you get this.

Good 45 minutes of action so far. Manik/Tanaka was a solid opener.

StormDragonZ
    I'm never going to get used to a semi-silent Japanese crowd and accept it as being some kind of honorable thing.

Japanese wrestling = theatrical performances. Quiet crowd = quiet crowd.

Good show, as was expected. Shame it means so little.

Quote Originally Posted by StormDragonZ View Post
    I'm never going to get used to a semi-silent Japanese crowd and accept it as being some kind of honorable thing.

Japanese wrestling = theatrical performances. Quiet crowd = quiet crowd.
    Japanese crowds are respectful but they do get excited when they are into something. Not surprising if TNA couldn't do that.

Reality Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by Subho View Post
    Good show, as was expected. Shame it means so little.
    This is the thing. You could have the greatest technical matches ever, but if there was no reason to care about said matches, they aren't great matches.

Maybe it's silly to post this so long after the fact, but I really enjoyed most of the matches. The X-Division contest was impressive; I'm becoming a big fan of Low Ki.
    THE SCHOOLHOUSE

The Schoolhouse: Now Showing on the LOP Main Page

Winner of the 2016 Davey Boy Cup

Bound For Glory 2016

Anyone watch TNA's flagship PPV on Sunday night?
    Any comments from those who did?

Pretty decent night of wrestling from what I saw....something to like for everybody and major props to Gail Kim for her HOF induction.
    She is one of the best of this generation and it was good to see her getting recognition for it....and a 6th Knockouts Championship reign too.

The Brain
    I liked it quite a bit, Grand Championship stuff aside. I just can't get into that format, it's so awkward. Zema/Trevor might be the sleeper match of the night, they seemed to be trying to go the extra mile. Great War was crazy and fun as expected. Lot of good story payoff stuff. the Maria/Gail arc especially. Main event was good but underperformed slightly, too much finisher kickout. I blame Kurt Angle's influence. Thinking we get Moose/Lashley now for the title, that could be a phenomenal hoss battle.

Thought the show was solid, need to do a rewatch.. it was everything i expected.. Great War was bonkers although i will say the way its done is wearing thin. Don't overdo it. Lashley and EC3 was good but shows EC3 is not a great in ring performer. he had a bad night

The Great War was a masterpiece and I disagree with Lazyking in saying it's wearing thin; this was the best thing they've done yet and judging from what I saw Matt's got far more left in the tank. Everything else ranged from okay to very good, with the DJ Z-Lee match and Gail's HOF ceremony being the highlights. It needed to be a blow away show though in wake of all the speculation, and other than the Great War it didn't have any of that (and I agree that EC3 was awful, which was a shame because Lashley was really good). It was a good show with one unforgettable match that should've been better.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Cult Icon View Post
    The Great War was a masterpiece and I disagree with Lazyking in saying it's wearing thin; this was the best thing they've done yet and judging from what I saw Matt's got far more left in the tank. Everything else ranged from okay to very good, with the DJ Z-Lee match and Gail's HOF ceremony being the highlights. It needed to be a blow away show though in wake of all the speculation, and other than the Great War it didn't have any of that (and I agree that EC3 was awful, which was a shame because Lashley was really good). It was a good show with one unforgettable match that should've been better.
    I'm with you 10000% on this! I was saying last night that I was absolutely floored that they managed to take the Final Deletion format and bring it to a live Pay Per View. It was really smart the way that they did it, with the pretaped backstage brawl, but I was really skeptical that they'd either try and have a generic hardcore match and lose out on what made the previous two installments so much fun, or they'd go too balls out and try fireworks and shit in the Impact Zone.

I loved that match. I think that there's definitely something there with that general type of production idea. Sort of like when the hardcore matches caught on in the late 90s and they'd do the backstage segments, but with more thought and production. Knowing who the wannabe Emmy-winning director is, I'm actually surprised that we didn't see something like this tried 15 years ago with the hardcore division.

Reality Champ
    The Great War was, well, great, but I'm a bit concerned that they're going to go to the well a bit too often. The random Hardy fan showing up felt like they were simply stretching for ideas, and ended up with a dud on that bit. It's still fantastic right now, but I could see it hitting a wall soon.

The Brain
    I enjoyed the "fan" showing up, even more so when I was told it was the same guy whom Decay stole a car from in "Delete or Decay". That's the kind of zany continuity that I can get behind. The wacky stuff may be better in moderation but I don't think they are at too much risk of overdoing it yet, there's a lot of potential for these kinds of things.

I strongly disagree with the idea that EC3 is a bad ring performer in general, but this wasn't his best night by a long shot. Too much attempt to make it "epic" while neglecting the basic building blocks. It was definitely the Kurt Angle school of finisher kickouts, plus a few awkward moves didn't help at all either. I loved the start of the match though, Lashley taking out EC3 during the ring introductions was pure gold.

You missed it Aman; as mizfan pointed out that wasn't a random fan at all. That's the same dude whose truck the Decay hijacked from Delete or Decay; he even mentions it with the line "nobody sodomizes me and gets away with it", which is why he declares he's now on Team Hardy. That just makes the whole thing even more brilliant than before and I wouldn't doubt that guy now becomes a big part of this thing alongside Senor Benjamin and Vanguard One.

I thought it was a fun show, but a couple of way too predictable points in the women's title match and that awful performance from EC3 really brought down the show, in my opinion. The right guy won Bound For Gold, the Great War was better than great, and unlike Mizfan, I really like the Grand format. I thought Miracle vs Moose was pretty good, too, and Gail Kim's induction was overdue. All in all, a good show, but the last two matches and the way Cody's arrival was handled let it down.

As far as the Great War is concerned, that was pure entertainment. I watched this PPV in the early morning hours after a shift at work and I didn't doze once during that match. I loved the intro with Reby playing the theme live on piano...I loved the in-ring to backstage/parking lot transition and that Brother Nero/Jeff got his big moment on the ladder. That's the kind of stuff that plays on our nostalgia of the team but in a fresh way due to all of the "delete" motions and quirky characters involved.

The Cody Rhodes debut was cool but somewhat underwhelming, I suppose. I didn't have an expectation for how that ought to have gone down, but the fact that he's arrived is interesting enough. How quickly will he gain a following in TNA and rise to the top? Aron Rex has moved quite quickly. That format's kinda cool. I want to see it a few more times before I decide if I like it.

As for Miracle/Moose, that was one of my favourites, one that will likely not be given too much attention by people. Moose is really getting over with people and Miracle's a great heel.

Considering the last few BFG's, I'd say this one was probably the best since 2012/2013 when they had the actual tournament still happening.

Global Force Wrestling Slammiversary XV

You can call it TNA, TNA Impact, Impact or GFW. No matter what, you cant deny the 15 years that "Impact" has given us. Now it's time to celebrate via Slammiversary XV. Before we look at the matches, I will say that I like the build to this PPV. This wasn't just something that was thrown together in two weeks (technically, it was when you factor in the actual dates of taping, but stop being so technical LOL). Hopefully they use this recipe going forward. Personally, I would like to see 4 PPV's per year with 2 months of storyline building leading to each. Similar to what has happened leading to the biggest wrestling event of the summer, Summersla....I mean Slammiversary

I'll start with the matches that are the most intriguing and work my way down.

Main Event - Unification Title Match: Impact Champion Lashley vs Global Force Champion El Patron

El Patron's dad will be in his corner while King Mo will patrol the corner of Lashley.
    NSF Rating: Must Watch
    111111.jpg

Full Metal Mayhem: The Lone Wolf Davey Richards with Angelina Love versus Eddie Edwards and Alisha Edwards
    This will probably be the end of the feud and it's fitting that its a FMM match. This has the chance to be match of the night. Both Love and Alisha have proven they can take some bumps and we all know how good Eddie and Davey are.
    12121.jpg

2 out of 3 falls X Division Championship: Challenger Low Ki versus Sonjay Dutt
    Love the build to this rivalry. Low-Ki got some serious heat in India (obviously) while Sonjay was living like a king. We haven't really seen a rivalry like this in the X-Division where a fan really cares about the outcome. Technically, this one could have the makings of match of the night and quite possibly make a run for match of the year. Both men work well together and it should be nice. However, I just think this one may not get the time that it deserves. We will see.
    1515.jpg

Knockouts Title Unification Match: Impact Champion Rosemary versus GFW Champion Sienna
    I don't have the official stats in front of me, but I believe Rosemary may be the longest reining women's champion in Impact history surpassing Gail Kim. Hell, she may be passing Bobby Roode's record very shortly.
    NSF Rating: Very Good Watch
    1312.jpg

Strap Match: The Cowboy James Storm versus EC3
    Impact has built up this rivalry for months now and it's fitting that it's a strap match. Not expecting a five star match here, but should be FUN!!
    NSF Rating: Very Good Watch
    1414.jpg

Tag Team Grudge Match: Parks and Borash versus Steiner and Mathews
    If you are looking for anything more than fun and humor here, you are barking up the wrong tree. Impact has teased Abyss appearance.
    NSF Rating: Not very good but should be entertaining.

4 Way Tag Team Title Match: Champions LAX versus Drago and El Hijo De Fantasma versus Laredo Kid and Garza Jr versus Maru and Ishi
    This was the only match that was thrown together last minute.
    NSF Rating: Interesting watch

Tag Team Grudge Match: Impact Grand Champion Moose and NFL Pro DeAngelo Williams versus Eli Drake and Chris Adonis
    Definitely want to see how Williams has progressed in his training but beyond that, this match looks to just further Drake/Moose feud.
    NSF Rating: Beer break

Don't forget DON WEST and Robert Flores will be calling the action!!
    Last edited by MisterImpact; 07-01-2017 at 09:20 PM.

The opening to #Slamm15...

Awesome awesome tag match. 20+ minute tag match with a bunch of good spots and chemistry.

Super Moderator
    I enjoyed the hell it of that pay per view

Did D'Angelo Williams have the best debut match ever for someone with no experience? I didn't realize he was on the show but I just saw a clip from a Deadspin post and he was impressive.

JB/Joseph Parks vs. Steiner/Josh Matthews was surprisingly entertaining.

Super Moderator
    Anyone actually watch the PPV? Some of what I saw was pretty good. The cage match might have been worst match of the year.

It really did come off as a genuine alternative to WWE. The streetfight was pretty brutal -- a couple of big bumps and a few unprotected chairs thrown right at buddy's head. Lotsa stuff you'd never see in WWE.

The sage though, eesh. They kept teasing this King Mo/Stephan Bonnar confrontation throughout the match that nobody could have cared less about, and the wrong team won.

The ring was mic'd terribly and I hope that they fix it for their TV tapings. You could hear the crowd perfectly but bumps were muted and you couldn't hear the performers. Sienna was talking shit during her match and you couldn't make it out.

The Brain
    Glad to hear it had some positives.

I don't want to see unprotected chair shots to the head anywhere at this point.

I thought the show sucked monkey balls to be honest. I mean guys worked hard but nothing was memorable, Alberto trying to get revenge off domestic violence allegations is a bad look AND you had to have him ruin the main event. I know someone who went to the show, she had a good time but said it was hot and uncomfortable and that alot of people around her didn't know half the people there hence the quiet crowd.

Super Moderator
    I don't mind Alberto's motivations. Yeah, it was a domestic violence allegation, but it was a false one and he was stripped of his title and sat at home despite it coming out that it was a false allegation. I didn't mind at all the motivation of "management listened to online rumors and reports rather than the actual authorities".

I don't love unprotected chair shots, either. I get mad at my guys when they do them, in fact. But at least it's different from the saccharine WWE product. That was my primary takeaway from last night: Impact felt like an alternative product. It felt like a product aimed at grownups, without the Russo go-to of relying tits and on buckets of blood.

There were some production things that I didn't love, and some classic Impact problems. The Jimmy Jacobs cameo was weird. But overall I came away feeling that if this is what they are going to present going forward, it's a step in the right direction and could present a genuine alternative rather than WWE-lite.

However, we need a new announce team. Put Don West back in there on colour and hire literally anyone else. Josh grates on me with his "too cool for school" attitude, and I cannot stand JB anymore. He's become one of those guys who has been in the business for too long and doesn't interact with people outside the bubble so he doesn't know how to talk like a human. I don't want my commentator saying that Dan Lambert has "heat" with anyone.