Thread: New Double Murder Suicide Album

New Double Murder Suicide Album

Hey yo,

New Double Murder Suicide album out today, Razor's Edge Suitcase. $3 download - proceeds go to Cauliflower Alley Club's Benevolent Fund, which provides monetary assistance to current and former wrestlers facing financial hardships.

https://pbrecs.bandcamp.com/album/razors-edge-suitcase

Bhjrm4cCAAAnDLs.jpg
    You wanted the best, you got this instead -

http://kwangtheblog.blogspot.com

My one-stop blog spot for full reviews of wrestling pay-per-views, TV supercards, and Network Specials.

Hey Josh, I thought this music would be a lot worse than it is. Shame about the production but it's actually not bad.

A hell of a lot better music than I can make.

Thanks, Dude!

I'm glad you at least partially enjoyed it. To be honest, I sent press releases out all of the over place and posted it to reddit and found that most people couldn't get past the band name (which I've used since I started the project in 2008).

The craziest part is that, 5 years ago, when I released an album about Ric Flair, it was downloaded over 300 times (which is nothing, I know, but relative to how many times my other albums were downloaded, that was immense) *and* countless websites at least posted the press release. This time around, no website would post a link even with the added note that all proceeds ($3 for download) would go to the Cauliflower Alley Club and help wrestlers in need.

I thought making the album proceeds go to charity + the 10 year anniversary of the Benoit tragedy + the legitimacy of having an actual label put it out on Bandcamp (not just putting on Mediafire) would result in at least the smallest amount of buzz or discussion or whatever. At the very least, I really wanted to send 50 downloads so I could send $150 to the CAC. In the end, we've made about $20 for the CAC, no website posted the press release (too busy posting that the Hype Bros won a dark match? Or what topping Cena likes best on his pizza?), and Redditers down-voted the hell out of it because they were offended by the band name.

I am thinking of re-releasing it under a different band name and the label is interested in a re-launch of it too, but we'll see. Till then, please, if you do find it interesting or fun or different or whatever, tell your friends to check it out.
    You wanted the best, you got this instead -

http://kwangtheblog.blogspot.com

My one-stop blog spot for full reviews of wrestling pay-per-views, TV supercards, and Network Specials.

Yeah, well the name is kinda messed up for a fan of wrestling.

...Who am I to talk though, I like a band called Anal Cunt. Stick a finger up at those fuckers and just carry on making music, man!