Thread: WWE UK Championship Special May 19th, 2017

Don't WHAT? Me.

WWE UK Championship Special May 19th, 2017

It's a Friday and we are talking WWE Wrestling.....and it's not on MyNetworkTV, it's on the WWE Network! This first airing is at 3PM EST....but will also be shown in primetime at 8PM EST as well.

Today we are from Norwich England for the 2nd broadcast for WWE's UK edition. Hosted by a commentary legend making a long-begged for return to the company and an in-ring legend who's gonna get some experience sitting next to a great.

Hosted by: "Good Ol' J.R." Jim Ross & Nigel McGuinness
    (Note: I'm doing this spoiler-free, so I'll only speak of the 2 announced matches)

Both of our two signed match revolve around the WWE United Kingdom Championship...one is for a shot at it, the other is a defense of it.

#1 Contendership for the WWE United Kingdom Championship at NXT:Takeover Chicago

(WWE's graphics dept really let me down for this show, but the internet is undefeated)

Our main event is for the WWE United Kingdom Championship.

Also expect to see more of the UK roster, and a couple main roster talent appearances as well.

Bloody right there's another VIDEO OF THE WEEK. Let's take a look at what some people call the best wresting fed in the UK: PROGRESS, with a rundown of their best matches of 2016....featuring a lot of the talent we will see later today.

Before I get back to Doctor Who reruns (that isn't a cheap joke btw, I just started watching it) let's get another QUESTION OF THE WEEK going.

Would you like to see William Regal have one last match? If so, against whom?
    Enjoy the show and join us tomorrow for NXT Takeover: Chicago *waves like Tyler Bate*

Super Moderator
    Hmm, I probably won't be able to check this out til tomorrow night.

Don't WHAT? Me.
    Yeah, having the first airing of anything at 3 in the afternoon is a bad idea (it's the time the Network uploads things that aren't live for the day....so it's the earliest they can give the show to us). I would guess more people will check it out tonight and before Takeover.

I just got lucky that I was off work today, or else I would've just stayed off online until tonight.

No spoilers, but JR & Nigel sound great on commentary together.

It was a fun show. I like how it's different kind of wrestling from the other shows. 205 Live is fun but they should try to be more different in the ring like the UK division.

Jim Ross looked in rough shape. Not even trying to be funny but I wonder if he had another bout of Bell's Palsy. He sounded fine for the most part though.

Super Moderator
    I've managed to catch a few minutes. Big props to Dunne. Do you have any idea how awkward it is to work the right after working the left forever?

EDIT: I like Seven a lot. He's got a terrible physique, but looks like a tough brawling dude that could beat your ass. I've liked Dunne for a long time.
    Last edited by Team Farrell; 05-19-2017 at 09:57 PM.

Hour two was great. If are watching NXT tomorrow night, you should seek out those two matches.

Don't WHAT? Me.
    No love for Wolfgang? I think he's gonna become champ eventually.

The cruiserweight match comedy match isn't requiered viewing, but the armbar spot was new to me and had me cracking up.

Kinda surprised they didn't have a Black squash on the show, they didn't go the whole 2 hours so they had time for 1 more bout IMO.