Thread: The Mos Eisley Cantina - Star Wars Discussion Thread

The Mos Eisley Cantina - Star Wars Discussion Thread

There have been other threads for specific Star Wars films, but I'm anticipating this being more as a general discussion thread.

I used to be a massive Star Wars fan, but I found that I kind of fell out of love with the franchise a bit as I got older. But every so often they drop something that makes me feel like a kid again and I just love it. I felt that way about Rogue One. I've not seen it a second time yet, but it's something I'm keen to do because I felt it was probably the first Star Wars film since Empire Strikes Back that has really challenged its status at the top of my list.

I guess the other big thing for the franchise is the death of Carrie Fisher, and the effect that losing such a central player is going to have on the 'main list' films going forward. From what I understand the next film was pretty much in the can, but it's the one after that which has had to be massively rewritten.

Anyway - any and all Star Wars discussion (except spoilers, as per usual) welcome in here. What's your favourite film? When did you first encounter the franchise? What are your hopes for it going forward?

Vader at the end of Rogue One is the greatest thing ever. No contest.

There's now less than six months until the release of the 8th film in the main series - The Last Jedi.

After the successful (but for some, limited) 7th film, and then the big hit that was Rogue One, what do we think that this new film has to achieve?

Also, what are people's thoughts on the Han Solo film slated for next year?