Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mos Eisley Cantina - Star Wars Discussion Thread (Warning: TLJ Spoilers)

CoachBrief

The Mos Eisley Cantina - Star Wars Discussion Thread (Warning: TLJ Spoilers)

http://www.buzzfeed.com/adambvary/st...i-cast?bffbent

I expect this will get more traffic closer to release date, but I figured with the cast revealed we can get some discussion going.

I don't watch GIRLS, can someone tell me how Adam Driver is as an actor?

The Hurra Duff
    I would assume that Andy Serkis is motion capturing someone/something?

A Professional Sort Of
    I'll be honest, I only mustered up enough 'fucks' to type how many 'fucks' I will devote to this movie. Which is none.

Oscar Isaac? Brilliant.
    Catch up on my column series, Sound Of The Underground, only on Lordsofpain.net

All I needed to see was Issac and Serkis and I was sold. They are easily two of the most underrated performers today; Serkis literally has turned four movies (the last two LOTR's, King Kong and Rise of the Planet of the Apes) from good ones into great ones, and Issac was able to be good in Sucker Punch. Have you guys seen Sucker Punch? That movie was like one of the five worst movies of this past decade, and that man managed to be good in it. That's an achievement if I ever saw one.

The official title of Episode VII has been announced: The Force Awakens.

No sir, I don't like it.

When was it asleep

BADACHA!

Everyone ready for the patented Star Wars stereotypical slightly racist feel good character? Taking bets on name.

How about Flar Flar Dinks?

That's the name of Jar Jar's grandson, who just happens to be played by Andy Serkis.

Supposedly according to Reddit the teaser trailer is coming on Friday. Take that rumor with a grain of salt.

A Professional Sort Of
    Hmm... it'll be leaked on Thursday I reckon...

The teaser didn't show much but I loved seeing the Millenium Falcon.

The new teaser was released yesterday. MIND BLOWN!!!

I didn't like the use of Harrison Ford in that trailer just because that particular scene looks like an outtake from an SNL sketch or something where Harrison Ford arrived late, threw on a costume and mailed in his lines. Loved seeing Chewy though. I've always wanted to see a prequel on how Han Solo and Chewy met.

4 days until opening night. Anyone else get advanced tickets. I'm going Friday night.

Thursday at 7PM

Just under 58 hours here till the midnight screening.

lol, just under 58 hours.

Are you going, Eddie?

I'm gonna leave it a few days and try an arvo session and hope it's not absolutely packed.

48 hours in 6 minutes! Haha.

Yeah going to the midnight screening then the Mrs is taking me for the "first time" on Sunday. What she doesn't know won't hurt haha.

lol

I've just booked for Sat arvo. Can't wait.

Reality Champ
    Seeing it on one of the seven real IMAX screens in the county to be showing it in laser projections. I'm pumped.

Reviews don't hit til midnight, but premiere reactions are overwhelmingly positive. More than one person is calling it the second best ever, and pretty much everyone agrees it's better than all the prequels.

Booked Imax for Friday night... cannot wait now

I won't spoil it for you, Chris. Don't worry....

Where are these "premiere reactions" from, Smart Mark?

I'm trying to keep a level head here, but the world has Star Wars fever right now.

EDIT: Don't worry. 108 reviews up on Rotten and counting, 97% fresh!
    Last edited by Ej84; 12-16-2015 at 08:51 AM. Reason: FUCK OFF IT'S STAR WARS

5 minutes!!!!! Cinema is packed out. So pumped for this! Enjoy it guys when you get the chance!

Edit: WOW.
    Last edited by Eddieg2005; 12-16-2015 at 01:05 PM.

Going Friday night. Haven't been this stoked since TDKR.

No spoilers, but HOLY SHIT was that an amazing movie!

I was saying Boo-Urns. lunchbox1981's Avatar
    I dont think its possible for this movie to live up to all the hype, but man am I looking forward to seeing it. Although it will be hard to wait a week I will probably wait until Christmas weekend and see it with my brothers. Since those movies were a big part of our childhood it just seems appropriate.

Do not fret, the movie completely lives up to the hype and probably surpasses it.

I usually maintain that "hype" is subjective. Then again, Google Chrome doesn't usually roll out an extension for the sole purpose of avoiding spoilers. I wanna test it out but I'm not willing to risk anything falling through the cracks.

I wouldn't trust the non-spoiler chrome, but just I can tell you that it is possible to avoid spoilers. What was funny was that after the movie last night, the staff was saying "no spoilers please" to the audience as we left.

However, I do not think that people in their 20s and up are the problem, there were lots of kids who saw it last night, and they do not know how to keep their mouths shut.

But again, the movie delivers in every aspect.
    Last edited by Powder; 12-18-2015 at 09:15 AM.

On that, I think a kid passing by nearly spoiled something today. He was just going out of earshot after he said a name. Lucky, saved himself a curb stomp.

Since it's winter wouldn't it be more appropriate to cut open his stomach and use his burrowed out carcass to stay warm?

WWLD (What Would Luke Do)

I was saying Boo-Urns. lunchbox1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smart_Mark View Post
    I usually maintain that "hype" is subjective. Then again, Google Chrome doesn't usually roll out an extension for the sole purpose of avoiding spoilers. I wanna test it out but I'm not willing to risk anything falling through the cracks.
    I think you are right about hype. I have.heard nothing.but good.things about.the movie so I am.sure that I will enjoy it. However if for some reason it fails :to deliver somewhere it will be in part due to how much I have built it up in my mind and my anticipation about the movie.

If it is better than the prequels, and hopefully Return Of The Jedi (worst of the OG's imo), that is all I care about.

Nothing can possibly top Empire Strikes Back. So they have room to work within.

From what I understand Kleck it apparently fits that exact criteria.

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox1981 View Post
    I think you are right about hype. I have.heard nothing.but good.things about.the movie so I am.sure that I will enjoy it. However if for some reason it fails :to deliver somewhere it will be in part due to how much I have built it up in my mind and my anticipation about the movie.
    You do not have to worry about what you built up, every aspect of the movie delivers. Have faith.

Quote Originally Posted by Kleckamania View Post
    If it is better than the prequels, and hopefully Return Of The Jedi (worst of the OG's imo), that is all I care about.

Nothing can possibly top Empire Strikes Back. So they have room to work within.
    This movie not only is better than the prequels as it destroys them completely in quality, you could argue that it is equal or better than Episode IV and approaching Empire in quality. I can also see it getting a nod for the Best Picture Oscar. It is that good. Remarkable storytelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Smart_Mark View Post
    From what I understand Kleck it apparently fits that exact criteria.
    Better than the prequels it is.
    Last edited by Powder; 12-18-2015 at 10:20 AM.

Speaking of ESB, will there be pressure on Episode 8 to deliver a pop culture defining revelation on par with Luke's daddy issues?

Also, I have yet to see anyone else point out how it took the lions share of half a century to finally get a Star Wars movie in proper chronological order.