Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GAA Thread

They did, both at a canter. And I got a scalding in both the semi-final against Donegal and at the weekend in the Final against Down. Clones is a goddamn sun-trap.

Everything's went as predicted so far to be honest, other than Galway beating Mayo in the Connacht semi final then getting turned over by Roscommon (which I personally faniced but the bookies weren't expecting) we've had no real shocks.

There's a great round of qualifiers happening this weekend with Mayo playing Cork and Galway facing Donegal. Mayo have been soooooo poor this year so far, but I still expect them to get by Cork. Donegal haven't been much better so it's hard to call if they'll be able to put Galway away, but the Northerner in me means I'll be backing my neighbours.

The following weekend see's Armagh play Kildare and Monaghan face Down in a rematch of the Ulster semi-final. Unfortunately for all concerned all they're really doing is playing to see who gets beaten by Tyrone and Dublin in the quarter finals.

For me it's still a three horse race between Tyrone, Dublin and Kerry, with the latter having an easier route to the final as the other two meet in the semis. After a fairly comfortable Ulster Final victory I'm feeling quietly confident that we have what it takes to go all the way, but only time will tell!

SportsJoe.ie and WeAreUlster have been putting out some fantastic podcasts on the Championship to date if you're interested in some more enlightened analysis and catch up.

Squared
    I've kind of lost track of this after the BBC coverage has finished, but still have one eye on it. Appears Mayo have surprised you, Golden. Also saw there's some ructions about the ref appointment for the all-Ireland final?

Try and give this a bit more life. I see the inter-provincials are going on at the moment - semi-finals in December.

Squared
    Been very quiet in here for a while but been reading about the integration of commercial concerns within the GAA and it all sounds pretty fraught, so I thought I would see if some of the Irish lads could give us a closer perspective?