Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ring Of Honor General Discussion

ROH will now be on Destination America in a national TV deal starting June 3rd at 8/7c. It is now the lead in to Impact Wrestling when TNA changes time slots. Replacement grooming or a move by Discovery to have more wrestling content as the two promotions get split to different nights ala what USA is doing with Raw and Smackdown on the same channel?

Reality Champ
    Also the same timeslot as NXT. Not inconceivable that Samoa Joe could be on two programs at the exact same time.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAman View Post
    Also the same timeslot as NXT. Not inconceivable that Samoa Joe could be on two programs at the exact same time.
    Man does that make WWE look stupid for giving him that deal. They either have to let him go or have to give him whatever he asks for. Dude has full power over negotiations now. Bravo Joe!

Goldberg Rules!
    I think they'd have little problem letting him go if it became an issue.

The Greatest of All Time LWO4Life's Avatar
    They may just role with the punches until he's dates are done. I don't think this worries WWE at all.

Has Vince McMahon Lost Confidence in Roman Reigns.

It's going to if he shows up on ROH the same night he appears on an NXT taping. And that's possible.

It's very possible, but it looks like RoH will be shown originally on the Sinclair affiliates, then on Destination America, so it's not like we have to pick and chose what to watch on Wednesday. On top of that, nXt in on on-demand so it's not like it's that bad.

They still aren't going to want a talent they have appearing on another TV network, re-run or not. They hated it back in the 90's when Luger and Rude did it to them, what reason is there to believe they'll like it now?

I think now they'd be annoyed, but I don't think they'd hate it. Especially because in this case, it's not Joe's fault and Triple H agreed to these arrangement. And I think Vince is letting Triple H do this, because he would have known this could happen, which is why he always has exclusive contracts. But right now, I don't think they are irate at Joe at all. It seems like no one knew this was coming.

Maybe the WWE finally realizes that a wrestler wrestling on shows other then theirs will only hurt them if he is injured or made to look like absolute shit.

They aren't worried about ROH being on DA especially when they are replay shows of shows all ready aired by Sinclair themselves...

Reality Champ
    It's also possible that they could turn around and say "Wait a second, no, we were cool with ROH before, but not now" and Joe would probably agree not to be on TV (though would wrestle in a dark match or something).

its not like they HAVE to show the match on tv.. you tape the whole show anyway, just pick a different match.

They're about to be on Destination America beginning June 3!!

Am I to understand that both TNA and RoH will be on the same channel? Crazy!

Reality Champ
    ROH can now take the next step forward with a champion they can truly promote. Good for Jay Lethal, this should've happened so long ago.

So happy for Lethal. Wouldn't say it should have happened that long ago though. he really hit his stride in ROH when he joined house of truth and built him up to take the title..

Reality Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazyking View Post
    So happy for Lethal. Wouldn't say it should have happened that long ago though. he really hit his stride in ROH when he joined house of truth and built him up to take the title..
    Oh yeah, he's been truly fantastic over the past year. I just expected him to be the one to take the title from Steen.

Would ROH fans be interested in watching a TNA vs ROH legitimate wrestling angle?

Recently, TNA and ROH had a coordination meeting at Destination America. Would you watch crossover matches? Any matches you'd invest your time or money in?

Jay Briscoe vs. EC3 could be something intresting given their characters.. Angle vs. O'Reilly possibly.. Young bucks vs the wolves or dirty heels.. even though I think that match has happened already.

I can't say I would totally be into a crossover.. unless the goal is to keep both shows on DA and actually produce ROH first run content on DA then the only one really benefiting would be TNA imo.

I can't say I would totally be into a crossover.. unless the goal is to keep both shows on DA and actually produce ROH first run content on DA then the only one really benefiting would be TNA imo.
    See, its funny, I thought the exact opposite. I thought an ROH invasion to TNA would only benefit ROH. It would use AJ Styles notoriety to the TNA audience to put over ROH, TNA might be off the network soon. So you want to get as much of the TNA Audience watching ROH. And yeah id love to see AJ Styles and the Bucks vs Angle and The Wolves. I mean imagine if The Bucks won the TNA tag titles. Wouldnt you love to see the Young Bucks spit in the Hardys faces? Id love to see Alberto work Austin Aries. Id pay money hand over fist to see The Briscoe Brothers vs. Homicide & Low Ki in some sort of ridiculous hardcore gimmick. Hell put ECIII up against someone like Jay Lethal with him playing up the whole Carter thing? I also think Angle could work Rodrick Strong well.

I think a legit invasion angle would draw eyes to TNA in a time when TNA is desperate for the eyes of the IWC. I think ROH has a potential to use TNA to take their spot and gaining as many of their viewers as possible is a bonus. Also perhaps two wrestling companies running a legit invasion would be something to get interest in an already loud wrestling landscape (with NXT and the WWE network using up a lot of the oxygen and NJPW pulling surprising ratings of AXS.

The Brain
    I heard somebody pitch an idea for TNA guys coming in to support Lethal. I admit I'm less familiar with ROH but that sounds like it could be pretty damn effective, any TNA guys would get instant heat from the ROH crowd and Lethal would be even more over as a hell by association. The idea of EC3 endorsing Lethal alone makes my mouth water a little, and the storyline opens the door for ROH to send guys to retaliate. Aries would also make a perfect swing guy, with strong ties to both companies and the skill to play the angle perfectly and put people in doubt. A light-ish touch would be required I think but I see good potential for both companies there, if everyone can work together well. Seems like a big if, but one can dream.

I think Roderick would legit break Angle though, that guy looks more fragile every time I see him.

I really think it would benefit both companies, but I don't think it would ever go off. The problem that you run into, what any multiple wrestling organization would run into, would be the willingness of either company to have their talent lose. It's different when you have an in-company angle like the "WCW Invasion" of WWE, which quite frankly should have gone a lot differently than it did, but even with that the WWE talent was less than willing to lose to WCW talent even though they were all one company now.

Put Ring of Honor and TNA together and have them try and work out match outcomes when both are jockeying for position on Destination America has disaster written all over it. Would I like to see it happen? Yes I would, but I doubt it will occur.

I'm probably too late for this but I didn't know Corino had a son that old. He interfered in his buddy Page against Watanabe, swift kicking him in the process. His similarity mirrors Steve Corino

Final Battle was outstanding.

That it was. Dalton's got his boys back, new tag champs were crowned, and the Lethal-Styles tilt was pretty exciting (even if Styles is still waiting for his first ROH World Championship.) I really hope Taven's okay, though.

Taven and Bennett might be leaving ROH but hate to see a guy get injured.. looked like Taven's leg was fucked

It seems ROH is doing what Jeff Jarrett tried to do. Their relationship with NJPW and PWG means they have a much deeper talent pool (which means some talent will struggle to get full time contracts.) I really dig the idea that The Briscoes are going to wrestle on Wrestle Kingdom.

the PWG deal helps their contracted talent get more work and helps PWG with Talent.. The new japan deal has really helped ROH try to become more of a global brand. They have a presence on Wrestle Kingdom, running shows there in February and of course all the top japanese talent they get for shows.

All-star Extravaganza was a pretty good show. Not as good as Death Before Dishonor, but the Ladder War was great.

Reality Champ
    Hardys vs. The Bucks! THIS IS NOT A DRILL!

They actually have squared off before in House of Hardcore, but not since the rise of Broken Matt. Gonna be awesome.

They've wrestled 5 times together but ROH would be their biggest stage

Steve Corino wrestling his last ROH match against Cody Rhodes in the ECW Arena - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YSG2CHgRrk

Steve Corino wrestling Dusty Rhodes 16 years ago in ECW - http://www.tagtele.com/videos/voir/73361/

Here is to living your dreams.

ROH Television has been really good the last few weeks. Episode 179 was excellent for anybody who missed it.

figured i'd bump this thread since the Hardys won the tag titles tonight in New York and Bully Ray powerbombed Adam Cole thru a table at the end of the show.

I went to this one. Really fun show. Hardys were a complete surprise, making it it even more surprising that they had the match with the Young Bucks, since they just fought another team.

Matt said they are working all shows up to the April 1st show. So whatever comes after that is up in the air, I guess.

Bully Ray made it sound like he's in it for a longer haul.

I get bringing in the hardys to lead up to mania weekend but Bully Ray is a questionable one... He's a wonderful heel but he's also in his mid 40s and has never been what i would call an ROH worker... if ROH had a babyface to bring to the next level, sure.. but Dalton Castle is like the only guy and i doubt they do that.

And...he's not a heel at the moment, lol. They really miss Kyle O'Reilly right now and I'm really hoping Daniels goes over Friday.

I'm happy the Hardys signed with ROH instead of WWE. This could be a nice boost for their TV product, and they get to continue their broken gimmick for as long as they see fit (unless those reports about TNA owning the gimmick are valid). I was fearful that WWE would revert back to spelling 'boyz' with a 'Z' and just completely drop the gimmick altogether. They at least get to have a proper "Series Finale" for the gimmick in the future after ending so abruptly on TNA.
    Don't Touch That Dial!

its been reported that the Hardys are with ROH until 4/1 which is actually a date for ROH they were originally scheduled for. This way, they can be on the PPV friday and the rest of the dates.. I don't think they will be in ROH for a long time.

I didn't think they fitted in with WWE's Wrestlemania plans this year anyway

I get bringing in the hardys to lead up to mania weekend but Bully Ray is a questionable one... He's a wonderful heel but he's also in his mid 40s and has never been what i would call an ROH worker... if ROH had a babyface to bring to the next level, sure.. but Dalton Castle is like the only guy and i doubt they do that.
    Rumor is that there is a possibility that he is up for Corino's spot. He may not be fulltime as a wrestler instead he could end up on the mic.

Bubba Ray Dudley can work those old Stan Hansen style late 90s All Japan matches. He can run through guys and be used sparingly. He needs to establish himself as an ROH guy by working a few matches a year then bring in Bubba and Joey "Grabbed by the Pussy" Styles to lock down commentary.

And we all miss Kyle O'Reilly.