Thread: Who will dethrone the current WWE title holders?

Blunt Force Balls

Who will dethrone the current WWE title holders?

OK, this forum is for your predictions about which superstar will dethrone the current holders of all the belts in the WWE. Provide your predictions and if possible, when and why you think this. We can revisit this once all have lost their respective titles and see who got the most correct.

The current champions are:
    WWE Champion: Randy Orton
    World Heavyweight Champion: John Cena
    Tag Team Champions: Cody Rhodes and Goldust
    Intercontinental Champion: Big E Langston
    United States Champion: Dean Ambrose
    Diva's Champion: AJ Lee

If you want to post in this thread after one has lost the title- state who you think that individual will lose the title too.

================================================== ===================
    Here are my predictions:

Next WWE Champion will be: The Big Show

People have been crapping all over his match with Randy Orton at Survivor Series and sure, the ratings for the PPV will suck, but I think the logic is to get the title off Orton. Have Triple H beat The Big Show for the title at The Royal Rumble (thus avoiding an IWC outburst that he "buried" an up and comer) then lose it to Rumble winner Daniel Bryan at Wrestlemania. Maybe Show doesn't win at SS but think he will by TLC.

Next World Heavyweight Champion will be: Brock Lesnar

I was 51/49 between Brock Lesnar and CM Punk on this. It appears that the Punk v Heyman feud is over for now at least. I gave my reasons on the Wrestlemania thread about thinking Sting will come in at Mania which I think will mean Undertaker is then tied up with Sting at Mania, and has been both Brock Lesnar and John Cena much rumored Wrestlemania dance partner. Therefore I think these two could be set to collide and would give Lesnar a reason to return as he has never held this title before. I was thinking that perhaps Bryan and Punk's current partnership can lead to a Eddie/ Beonit moment at WMXXX, but of course Lesnar could face Punk at Mania for the title if he beats Cena at the Rumble or Elimination Chamber. I did a some maths in my head about the possibilities of Sting not coming and Rock returning (which I don't see), and I slightly favor Lesnar to be the man that beats Cena for the title as I found it harder to envisage Cena losing to Punk again.

Next Tag Team Champions will be: The Uso's

Plenty of tag teams at the moment to choose from at the moment. I think the 10 man tag at Survivor Series will lead to a 4 way ladder/ TLC match between the four team involved. I also think Goldust and Cody will face each other at WM so I can't see them holding the titles until then. I don't think the Shield will need them as I imagine them facing the Wyatt's at WM in a six man before spliting and The Unamericans might also split soon. I considered The Wyatt's but can't imagine a PPV match where they will face Cody and Goldie and like The Shield, may not need them (although they would be my number 2 choice). So I'm going with The Uso's to win at TLC.

Next IC Champion will be Damien Sandow

While the company may have the best of intentions at the moment about pushing Big E to the moon, I don't see enough in Big E to see him as he won't be excempt from the WWE's stop/star booking of midcard champions. As his replacement I picked a solid midcarder in Sandow to win his first title.

Next Us Champion will be Bray Wyatt

I'm going for Bray to beat Ambrose at Elimination Chamber (after they clash in the Rumble), to build toward a rematch between the two triads of terror at WM.

Next Diva's Champion will be Mickie James

With James being a free agent now, I think the company will resign her and have her beat AJ at either WM or Extreme Rules.
    =============================

Over to you.

Good idea for a thread.

WWE Champion Randy Orton- I think he'll eventually drop his title to John Cena, unifying the belts. That said...

Undisputed champion (in WWE) John Cena- I don't see Bryan, Punk, or a part timer taking his title. I'll guess Roman Reigns late in the summer.

Tag Champions Goldust and Cody Rhodes- A tag team not currently formed. I don't see any current team taking their title.

Intercontinental Champion Langston- Bray Wyatt

US Champion Ambrose- Roman Reigns

Divas Champion AJ Lee- Brie Bella

Tushy
    Unfortunatly I think John Cena will win the title unification match at TLC which makes it a shame WWE made Damien Sandow another victim of Cena as this would have been the perfect time for a cash in!
    Tag titles- With my personal choice of the Usos having exhausted their oppertunites at the titles I believe with the Wyatts popularity with management that they will be the next in line for the titles freeing up the brothers Rhodes for their proposed WrestleManis match
    IC title- If he hasn't turned on his Shield team mates at the Royal Rumble then my choice is Roman Reigns if not then a heel Miz
    US Title- If he has turned on his Sheild team mates at the Royal Rumble then my choice is Roman Reigns! if not then Rey Mysterio
    Divas title- I honestly don't think any of the current Divas will dethrone AJ I think that honour will go to an NXT DIVA receiving a call up to the main roster such as Paige or Emma

Unfortunatly I think John Cena will win the title unification match at TLC which makes it a shame WWE made Damien Sandow another victim of Cena as this would have been the perfect time for a cash in!
    Yeah, that would be interesting. Sandow's contract was for the WHC. If he pins Cena after winning a unification match, what's the ruling?

Glacier
    They should have had Sandow keep his briefcase just for that. It would bail creative out in case the unification doesn't work. Sandow could cash in, win, and take just the world title and carry on that way.

Tushy
    Exactly my thinking guys but instead creative just make Sandow another Super Cena victim. I really don't see the point of WWE ever running another Cena injury storyline real or not because you can be sure they and Cena will ignore it

Roman Reigns.

However, based upon the reactions that Ambrose is getting, the Pop at the Rumble, and the fact that HE was the one allowed to confront Lesnar on Monday and came off looking strong, I'm not so sure that Ambrose might be the one to win at Fastlane.

In all likelihood Reigns is winning with "kind of help" from the Wyatts by attacking Lesnar and pinning Ambrose.

I have no doubt that Ambrose was only put into that match so Lesnar doesn´t eat the loss.

Agreed, but I believe that there is an outside shot of the WWE calling an audible once again and letting Ambrose getting the win at Fastlane. Granted the percentages are probably around 1%, but "You're saying that I've got a chance!". Yes, but realistically, No.

Ambrose has no chance, maybe if he suddenly lost the ic title in the next two weeks..but nope.. If you were to have Ambrose win, then you have no match for Reigns... and that makes no sense in the story that is being told. He just ran over the LON, He's not getting owens, a taker match would be pointless and for what reason..It has to be Reigns winning at Fastlane.

like I said before, this is not the Bryan situation at all. Bryan had a legit story reason to be in that title match that time. Dean doesn't.

Not disagreeing, but who does Ambrose face at Mania for the IC title. Ambrose has/is a problem. He is a midcard champion that is half of the time a main eventer. He just finished his feud with Owens and both moved on. Now he is in the Fastlane main event, so who attacks/challenges him on the RAW following Fastlane for the IC title to set up Mania?

Personally, I would rather have Ambrose in the Main event of Mania than Reigns as he will definitely get the huge face pop when he beats HHH, and because I do not think Reigns will be successful.

Reigns needs another 6 months to a year of seasoning in the ring and on the mic to carry the brand/title. Let Ambrose win at Fastlane, have Reigns support him only to turn on him on the RAW after Mania leading to the summer feud culminating at SummerSlam where Reigns takes the title there as a heel champion.

By that time Rollins should be back as a face, to challenge the heel Reigns.
    Last edited by Powder; 02-04-2016 at 01:18 PM.

if they are turning Jericho and blowing off this AJ feud at say Fastlane since their next match is on smackdown, then you can do Jericho/Ambrose at Mania.

I do think that a credible heel needs to be built up though.. Cause when Trips loses the title, you can't go back to that well right away and no one is in a position to be that top heel... except maybe Owens.. so after Mania, even if you crown reigns as a face champ, you need someone for him to feud with....
    Last edited by Lazyking; 02-04-2016 at 11:14 PM.

RIP Prince
    I'll take on Lesnar at Mania.

Hope your insurance is paid up....so Mrs. T.O. can have a nice payday.

Triple H will be dethroned by Kofi Kingston
    Dean Ambrose will be dethroned by Big E Langston
    Kalisto will be dethroned by Xavier Woods
    New Day will be dethroned by nobody
    Charlotte will be dethroned by Francesa II

It took me entirely too long to realize that was a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by CoachBrief View Post
    It took me entirely too long to realize that was a joke.
    Your first clue was the first line. Kofi Kingston will retire with a record of holding all sorts of mid-card titles 50 times, without ever winning the main title.
    Last edited by Section ( 8 ); 02-19-2016 at 11:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Powder View Post
    Hope your insurance is paid up....so Mrs. T.O. can have a nice payday.
    Don't worry- I pay her well for her services.
    I think it's awesome that the word lisp has an "s" in it.

Let me see.... I'll try to be serious

Triple H will be dethroned by Dean Ambrose

Kevin Owens will be dethroned by AJ Styles

Kalisto will be dethroned by Neville

New Day will be dethroned by Usos

Charlotte will be dethroned by Sasha Banks

But you already know that