Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: UFC/MMA Discussion

Woodley Diaz would be good to watch, very interesting match-up

Squared
    Been reading that Kelvin Gastelum is once again having problems making weight for Shanghai.

Ever since McGregor's Dublin incident, every time I have heard his name he is being mentioned in connection with fights against boxers. First it was Pacquiao, who I can only assume is trying to follow Mayweather's lead because that's been kinda the way things have rolled before, but now I hear rumours (in not very reliable places, mind you) that a fight with Malignaggi is already agreed. Just makes you wonder if Conor McGregor is on the way out of MMA for the few big paydays that might be available in boxing.

What are your thoughts on the upcoming Heavyweight Championship bout?

Nganou seems to just be a beast but I love Stipe. He is the kind of guy that could come out seriously to a Bruce Springsteen song and is just so likeable.

The division needs some star power and I think the win will launch either of them up into the stratosphere as either the scariest man on the planet or the guy who skated the scariest man on the planet.

Late As Usual

Follow me on Twitter - Sir_Samuel

Generally in bouts like this I'd favour Stipe. He just knows how to get it done, it takes something special to beat him, if he's beaten, we have someone who could match Cain as a top top heavyweight

Cain is a hard one, if he had stayed at his peak he would be the best ever unfortunately his body just keeps giving out so he can't sustain that peak.

Squared
    Not long until this match now, interesting to see that the champion is coming in as the underdog at the bookies.

I’m gutted Whittaker won’t be defending against Rockhold. That whole card is pretty awful now, they don’t even have the best Aussies in there

Can we get Mundine in???

Just watched UFC 220, what a couple of main events fights. I know everyone would have loved two highlight reel knockouts but I absolutely love the kind of masterclasses Stipe and Cormier put on against two very dangerous opponents.

This is what the Stipe/Nganou fight reminded me of:

Both of these guys have been overshadowed by others throughout their career but are numbers wise amongst the greatest all time of their division. Where do you rank them in terms of all time standings?

I'd have to say at least for Cormier that with the question marks over the entire career of Jon Jones, Cormier is right up there with Liddell as the greatest Light-Heavyweight Champion of all time.

Miocic though I feel like has largely reigned over a very shallow division with a string of injuries keeping perhaps his best ever matchup Valazquez out of action for too long.

Anyway thoughts for you guys.

Late As Usual

Follow me on Twitter - Sir_Samuel