Thread: Aces and Eights question

Aces and Eights question

I have not watched TNA in a long time, since the beginning actually.

I have seen people post that Aces and Eights was the worst gimmick of the year (PWI rated it as much, TWICE). Other have said it helped TNA when it was on.

I was no longer a fan, so my question is, was it bad? Was it good? Why is it so hated by some and loved by others?

Thanks

Goldberg Rules!
    It made no logical sense. How did they invade TNA to begin with? What was their end goal? Why did they need to win a match to get unfettered access to the Impact Zone if they could come and go as they seemingly pleased anyways?

Most important, HOW DID THEY DRINK BEER WITH THOSE MASKS ON?!

It had great moments, but as TO pointed out there were some serious jumps in logic throughout their run. At times it was a great stable, though TNA didn't truly conclude their storyline- it just kind of fell flat to it's death.

The highlights of the stable were Doc, and Bully Ray.

Super Moderator
    Doc Gallows got his name out of it, so that was pretty cool.

The Brain
    It's an underrated group/angle in my book, admittedly it's not perfect but I enjoyed a good portion of what I saw. It peaked for me during Bully's first title reign.

Squared
    Just wondering if time has changed how people viewed this angle?

For me some of it was enjoyable and worked well and some of it wasn't. I actually think the better early stuff was the end of the good TNA that I was really into, and then the less successful stuff was the beginning of the end.

@lopprimetime

The Brain
    It's kind of a complicated angle to judge from start to finish. People criticized some of the early stuff for being generic "invading force" stuff and thought the group lost too many matches, but I actually appreciated that because it was revealed that most of those losses were designed to make Bully Ray look strong and become trusted by TNA and Hogan. When Bully turned and won the title, they had their best run over that summer, some really on point stuff. It started to fall apart when they brought in Tito Ortiz and tried to make a big deal out of it, and then guys started leaving the group and messing up the long terms plans, not to mention the random Sabin title win. I liked some of the final run stuff with Anderson and Bully, but the best of the magic was gone by then. Still, overall I'm a fan of the angle and don't understand why it gets a lot of hatred from some corners of the net, although I guess almost anything from TNA will catch hate at some point.