Thread: Stranger Things

Stranger Things

This show is a new Netflix original, and so far only 1 season consisting of 8 episodes is out. Though the episodes seem to average out to be about 48 mins each. Anyone here seen it yet? What did you think?

I loved it. Time pieces are so hard to truly nail and I think this show found a perfect balance of displaying that the storyline took place in the 80s, but it didnt bash you over the head with that fact. Great acting, though particulary out of Wynona Ryder and the girl who played 11. Character development and plot pacing were spot on. And the story is intensely interesting.

I also have heard season 2 has been green lit, but I wonder what it would be about? All new characters?

I loved it. It's perfect for binging because each episode ends with you wanting more right away. A lot of homages to 80s-style movies and TV, which is really well done.

I really liked it. Brought me back to those old ABC mini-series.

There's a side by side video, showing the influences of the show. There's a ton of E.T. in Stranger Things. Lots more than I realized.

Just found an interview with the writers confirming not only season 2, but that the cast from season 1 will be back for it. And they made it sound like it won't be a new premise each season like American Horror Story, but essentially a continuation.

Pumped.....

Spoilers? Considering it started with a D&D game, and the creature they fought wound up being the irl monster, I wonder if the monster they encountered playing D&D in the last episode will be next season's threat?

Also, what was the deal with the cop hopping into the back of the vehicle with those agents at the end? Possibly a foreshadow of something to come?

So pumped for another season.

Squared
    I've had some recommendations IRL to watch this show. Guessing from the tone of the thread here as well I should probably give it a go.

The Brain
    I strongly recommend it! One of the better new shows I've watched recently.

Squared
    Stranger Things 2 is here now and getting rave reviews. Think I need to sort my life out and catch up on this.

Watched the first episode. Haven't really gotten into it yet, but super excited for it. Great throwback to the 80's.

I marathoned the whole season. It was enjoyable; although I wanted more Eleven/boys interaction.

I watched four episodes of the new season so far, and it's been really good so far.

I feel like this season they're more subtle pointing out things to remind us that the show is based in the 80s and are focusing more on the main story. Not that I didn't dig the 80s references, having been born in 1980 myself, but I enjoy the main storyline a lot. Looking forward to how the rest of the season plays out.

The Brain
    Definitely gotta catch the second season in the near future, enjoyed the first a lot. Just gotta find the time!

Squared
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime Time View Post
    Stranger Things 2 is here now and getting rave reviews. Think I need to sort my life out and catch up on this.
    Fuck sake, still haven't gotten around to this!

@lopprimetime

The Brain
    Yeah, I've only watched the first episode. The downside of having watched with a group is now they all want to be coordinated to watch the 2nd together, but it's like herding cats sometimes, I swear.

The Brain
    Finally watched the 2nd episode of the new season of Stranger Things. For some reason having a much tougher time getting into this season. Possibly because someone pointed out that they often use 80s nostalgia in lieu of actual writing and it's hard to unsee!

Quote Originally Posted by mizfan View Post
    Finally watched the 2nd episode of the new season of Stranger Things. For some reason having a much tougher time getting into this season. Possibly because someone pointed out that they often use 80s nostalgia in lieu of actual writing and it's hard to unsee!
    It does, though season 2 is pretty damn good. Id still rate that show in the top like 10% of current shows.
    Last edited by Prime Time; 02-11-2018 at 04:57 PM.

I watched the season 1 in a go.I loved the show and yes the season 2 is getting amazing reviews

Stranger Things I thought was phenomenal, first season better than the second IMO but you might have to grow up watching 80s movies/tv to really fully appreciate it.
    Last edited by Prime Time; 02-11-2018 at 04:56 PM.

Or just be a kid of the 80s and had the same clothing, games, toys, phones, furniture, etc...