Thread: Comments section on the main page

Blunt Force Balls

Comments section on the main page

Does any of the admins/mods have a full list of the none-expletive words that are banned in the comments section of the main page?

It's infuriating when you put a lengthy reply on one of the columns, click post and get 'this comment has been deleted by the administrator' straight away because you have put a none offensive word in there such as 'free'. I know some of the columist themselves such as Super Chriss and Wayne have had the same issues trying the reply to the comments.

I've got into the habit of typing it up on Word first and copy and pasting now before I post because it doesn't even retain your post either so you can't decipher what it could be.
    Last edited by Blunt Force Balls; 11-15-2013 at 10:11 PM.

So wait...if Hector and Penny are saying they know the real Vickie while implying she is unsavory irl...

How exactly is that different from what we see???"
    This is what I just tried to post 3 times on an article up on the main page and it got insta deleted by the administrator every single time.

Anyone know why that is deemed inappropriate? What word(s) in there make it unpostable?

I gotta say with that many restrictions on word choice, it is a surprise we see any feedback up there...

It certainly prevents me from posting as much up there as I would
    Last edited by Kleckamania; 06-30-2014 at 09:14 PM.

I cant even get intenseDebate board to log in properly through my ipad, and my home computer as well.
    And Jacob wrestled with God.

Quote Originally Posted by JacobWrestledGod View Post
    I cant even get intenseDebate board to log in properly through my ipad, and my home computer as well.
    Yep. I've seen quite a few people mention this same issue. On my phone I will log into Intense Debate. Write a comment (like 2 minutes) then when I hit submit it will tell me I'm not logged in...

I often have to press submit over and over until it actually submits. Add in the risk of being insta deleted for a random word use (Like the knights who say Ni! He said IT! Ugh now I said IT. Ohhhh now I've said IT again! ) and I genuinely think we only see about 2/3rds of the feedback/replies we would see up there. Not as much a bicker as much as some food for thought for the mods.

As has been explained every single fucking time, there are no mods for Intense Debate. We have absolutely nothing to do with it.

Forgotten Ponder RantingRandall's Avatar
    I haven't been able to comment the past 5 days, keeps saying "deleted by administrator" as soon as I hit send/comment. Any ideas on what the craic is?
    Chat sh1t, get banged.

#EatSleepGameRepeat

#MrMustDrink

@Darth_Hoody

Super Moderator
    You'll have to contact Lords of Pain admin directly. There's a contract link on the main page.

We have no control over main page comments and many of us don't even use the service to know how it works.

When comments are deleted automatically, it usually means the post contained a word that is on the banned list. Things like "stream", etc, tend to get filtered out. Of course, only Calvin knows what the full list of words is, and it's apparently pretty lengthy, as that tends to happen to a lot of people.

Weird. Nothing I type involves anything like that (that I'm aware of) lol. Ta anyway folks!

I must be banned or something. I'm typing "Ric has a Flair for the Blood, it seems" but it gets deleted. A comment above has "Where their is Flair, there is blood." I don't get it, there is nothing wrong with what I've typed lol.
    Chat sh1t, get banged.

#EatSleepGameRepeat

#MrMustDrink

@Darth_Hoody

My comments must now be approved by admins. I think it was because I made a comment about how Eve was included in the Supercard update and that will be the next headline regarding her return rumours. My fatal error was putting "Here's to you Marc Middleton" at the end, in a jokey tone, as opposed to being insulting.

This is going to be highly annoying when looking to reply to people on my columns. I guess I'll have to contact Calvin or someone.

It's a bit petty really, but that's the way the cookie crumbles.

Quote Originally Posted by Leaf View Post
    My comments must now be approved by admins. I think it was because I made a comment about how Eve was included in the Supercard update and that will be the next headline regarding her return rumours. My fatal error was putting "Here's to you Marc Middleton" at the end, in a jokey tone, as opposed to being insulting.

This is going to be highly annoying when looking to reply to people on my columns. I guess I'll have to contact Calvin or someone.

It's a bit petty really, but that's the way the cookie crumbles.
    The only way it was because of your comment about Marc is if many many people reported the comment, and ID decided you were a risk.

Once again, LOP has absolutely nothing to do with banned comments, users, or admin approval on ID. Calvin won't be able to change that for you.

I am baffled by this, because you aren't the type of guy to be reported on for your comments. If I can get away with what I tell people, than what you said had to have been ultra offensive. Obviously this wasn't, or maybe you have a history of it. I don't know.

My comments are also being "approved by admins" before being posted. I've only commented thrice in the past 8 weeks. The last comment I made before the change was:

"Congrats, Dan! Long time coming..!" on Dannokaboom's column

Quote Originally Posted by PEN15 View Post
    The only way it was because of your comment about Marc is if many many people reported the comment, and ID decided you were a risk.

Once again, LOP has absolutely nothing to do with banned comments, users, or admin approval on ID. Calvin won't be able to change that for you.

I am baffled by this, because you aren't the type of guy to be reported on for your comments. If I can get away with what I tell people, than what you said had to have been ultra offensive. Obviously this wasn't, or maybe you have a history of it. I don't know.
    Yeah I've heard about that but I just wanted to make sure. I hope it changes at some point because it's a real pain otherwise.

It literally was something like:

"Well, Eve has been added in that last update. So here's your next headline: WWE Supercard Update Fuels Diva Return Rumours

Here's to you Marc Middleton!"

It's an odd one.

I can't think of anything ultra offensive that I've told anyone, so this is bizarre

Ah well, there goes any chance of speedily replying to my feed-backers.

Thanks for the heads up Pen!

Super Moderator
    Might present an opportunity for more reader involvement by responding to the best feedback directly at the end of your next column?

Quote Originally Posted by Team Farrell View Post
    Might present an opportunity for more reader involvement by responding to the best feedback directly at the end of your next column?
    That's something I always told myself to do, but never have. It's a great idea. I just forget on Mondays to go back and check.

That's a great idea Team Farrell, awesome stuff.

It isnt just you guys. I have to be approved as well and although my comments are typically sarcastic, they are light hearted and overall good natured.

So it appears a whole bunch of people now randomly need their comments approved before they can be posted.

I usually see no reason to post comments on the main page, save for like three or four times. Usually, if I have a comment to make, it is to a column and never to a "news" article or results feed. Since most of the main page guys still have active accounts in the forums, I simply send them a pm here if I wish to discuss something from their main page work.