Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Roman Reigns

Quote Originally Posted by Kleckamania View Post
    I really dont think WWE is stupid enough to believe a face Reigns beating Lesnar will work. If it happens though, they are going to eat it pretty hard.
    Kleck...Kleck...have you not been paying attention to anything these past three years? The dude has been loathed (save for a brief period or two) consistently since before the first Brock match, and through it all has main evented three straight Wrestlemania's, won two of them and was going to win the first till the WWE realized an out with Seth Rollins. They are absolutely stupid enough to go this route and they are going to go this route. Maybe they'll make him seem a tad more heelish in the build up to the Lesnar fight like they did with the Taker match last year, leading to everyone thinking he's finally turned, but when Mania season is over he'll be back doing the same thing he's always been doing and you'll all be wondering why you got fooled again. Accept the inevitable; he's beating Lesnar, he's beating him as a face and that's not changing until something drastic changes. And he sure as hell isn't turning on Jason Jordan, a guy who isn't over himself and who, from what I read last night, is on the verge of having surgery that'll keep him out for the year.

The Brain
    Yeah, it's extremely easy for me to believe WWE will plow forward with Reigns/Lesnar. I'm not even convinced it's the wrong decision at this point, it's not the one I would make it but Roman is less hated lately and the overarching story of Roman trying for long to overcome Brock isn't actually a bad one, even though it's been (very) badly executed at times.

Squared
    Anyone seen the rumour that there are people in WWE who want Roman Reigns - after defeating Brock Lesnar at Wrestlemania - to become the next 'Paul Heyman guy'?

It runs counter to everything Heyman has said about not becoming a generic manager for just anyone, and I don't see it happening for a millisecond, but at the same time it's fun to ponder.

@lopprimetime

The Brain
    Are people still into Heyman like they used to be? Honestly curious, some people still seem to praise him as the greatest manager ever, others feel he's gotten pretty stale.

Squared
    I sort of understand where the people who say he is stale are coming from. But at the same time, he's that much better than everyone else at talking that a stale Heyman is still the most entertaining interview the company has. He might be the most entertaining interview in wrestling. And judging by the crowd reactions, I think the majority of people agree with that.

@lopprimetime

I would say he has become patterned/formulaic, but I don't know if that makes him stale. All the best talkers had patterns and certain structures they followed.

I'm a big fan of Heyman but putting him with Reigns now is just... Too little too late? I would have done it in their first Brock match when Reigns probably needed it more.