Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829
Results 1,121 to 1,156 of 1156

Thread: Impact Wrestling General Discussion

No idea really. Gaburick, D'Amore and Sonjay have been doing creative, but I have no idea who's in charge. Also, what happens to the GFW talent? Did they sign with Impact or was that just assumed since a merger was happening. And if they didn't sign, are they out?

The Brain
    Good question. Also wonder about the various working relationships they were forming with other promotions, AAA and Crash and NOAH and such. Wonder if that will continue or fall apart now, I know Jarrett was part of putting some of that together.

So Impact Wrestling has lost a few more talent in the past week or so. Reno Scum, who were a part of GFW have both left, and if you look at how much they were on TV and the way Impact tapes, they actually only worked for them for like a week.

The bigger name might be Rockstar Spud. After having a phenomenal year a couple years ago that resulted in a fantastic match with EC III, and what looked like a breakout moment, Spud got relegated to nothingness. Thus, he's gone. Will be interesting to see where he turns up next.

Also of note is that Anthem, the company that Owns impact also owns the fight network and last night effectively killed Live Audio Wrestling, firing pretty much all of the hosts of their wrestling podcast shows and putting their Live Audio wrestling show on Hiatus.

Not looking good for Impact's future tbh

The Brain
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazyking View Post
    Not looking good for Impact's future tbh
    It never has!

Letting Spud walk out the door is yet another bad decision, but at this point it feels like it hardly matters unfortunately. I believe the company will probably continue to limp along past anyone's expectations but it's hard to imagine them bouncing back in any significant way. They do seem to have rectified some of the bad decisions of earlier this year (ADR being a standout) but... yeah, it is what it is.

So Mizzie, ADR is not gone. He's apparently going to be back very shortly with another monster push. The latest news I heard was that James Storm will probably be out the door for good when his contract is up at the end of the year.

The Brain
    FUCKING FUCK, stop it with the ADR shit!!! This is insane at this point.

James Storm being out the door is fine with me though. Hasn't been a whole lot of use in the last few years.

But I would take 20 more years of James Storm to avoid more ADR.

Apparently the released Hebner as well as another ref and are using refs from Canada for the next tapings. Marshe Rockett is gone too

The Brain
    Which Hebner?? Old Hebner I don't mind, that guy should retire anyway. Younger Hebner is a good hand though, if he's gone he should get a run in WWE. Always remember him from early 00s Smackdown doing a good job. If another ref is gone, it's probably Stifler, who is another good hand that can hopefully get work in WWE or elsewhere.

Poor Marshe. We hardly knew ye. Always thought Da Soul Touchaz should have been a bigger deal than they were.

Brian Hebner and Robert King (??)

The Brain
    They fired Brian but kept Earl??? Fucking fuck!

Robert King is a mystery to me.

Squared
    At this point choosing Earl over Brian is like taking NSU over Chocolate Cake.

The Brain
    It's like picking ancient chocolate cake over fresh chocolate cake!!

Squared
    Yeah that's a more apt analogy but I wanted to make a dick joke about Earl!

Apparently Stiffler is also gone and the only remaining referee on the roster is Earl Hebner

Squared
    Sounds like they are circling the drain.

Quote Originally Posted by TripleR View Post
    Apparently Stiffler is also gone
    Impact hired Seann William Scott?

The Brain
    I don't even really watch the American Pie movies, but I too always think that.

I don't think they are necessarily circling the drain so much as they are relocating and cutting costs. I don't really agree with this line of thought but it's not too hard to imagine Anthem execs deciding they can get any random scrub to ref a match for a few bucks, instead of paying yearly salaries to veterans.

As seen on Twitter

"Heard from a few people that Impact management is making talent pay for parking at the arena for the next week. Not kidding."

What a dumpster fire lol.

The Brain
    Yeesh. I mean, this is the same management who decided to take a slice of the indy bookings their talents arranged for themselves, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Super Moderator
    Taking a cut of outside bookings is pretty standard practice. Even WWE used to do it when their guys were allowed to do outside dates.

And, again, this is a company and it's a part of road life. My company doesn't pay for my parking, does yours?

The Brain
    It was my understanding Impact didn't take a cut until recently? I could be wrong about that.

My company provides free parking, so I guess I figured it was pretty standard.

Earl Hebner also gone. They now have no officials on the payroll

The Brain
    Watch out Coach, they may end up stealing whoever refs for your shows!

Overall, does it matter if they have no contracted referees? I mean, NXT hired Drake Younger and almost immediately debuted him as a ref. Seems to be a job that can be (reasonably) well filled and if not outsourced to a handful of local indy refs for a pay check each time they film.

Looking forward to a taping block that just full of special guest refs now, mind you.

Coach probably has more knowledge than anyone here about local refs but from what i understand, its not an easy job. Drake Younger was a seasoned vet who likely had ref training coming up and he knows where to be in the ring... He's also still in NXT and not working main roster. Hiring a local young kid who's never dealt with wrestling at this scale just seems like a bad idea.

Taya now out of BFG so no match with Rosemary. Apparently there are visa concerns with her getting back into the US. so she's off the tapings as well

The Brain
    Yeah, refereeing is not easy. When you see a bad one, it can stick out by a mile.

Sucks for BFG to lose out on Taya. I heard Rosemary still did something but didn't catch what.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazyking View Post
    Coach probably has more knowledge than anyone here about local refs but from what i understand, its not an easy job. Drake Younger was a seasoned vet who likely had ref training coming up and he knows where to be in the ring... He's also still in NXT and not working main roster. Hiring a local young kid who's never dealt with wrestling at this scale just seems like a bad idea.
    Good refs are hard to come by, and are worth the price to pay them. A strong ref is as important as a wrestler to the overall card.

BFG had decent reffing. I think that a big part of that is that Jimmy Korderas works with a lot of the refs in the area. I'm sure they wouldn't have just hired whomever.

So, is Impact officially based in Ontario now? Like are we done with the Impact Zone and being based in Orlando? I'm confused.

The Brain
    That's what I thought I heard, that Anthem was going to try to centralize them closer to home. I'm not sure if that means they won't ever do the Impact Zone anymore now.

If so, that's the end of a (very mixed bag) era.

Super Moderator
    Interesting. Maybe I'll apply for a jobski...

Go watch Impact in Canada, make $50 a day. Seriously, they're paying people.

Squared
    So... saw Sam Callihan putting over the guys in charge now. Says they're righting the ship and will be in the right direction and turning heads, changing minds within the year.

Also, Madison Rayne is back for this knockouts tournament they are doing.

The Brain
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime Time View Post
    So... saw Sam Callihan putting over the guys in charge now. Says they're righting the ship and will be in the right direction and turning heads, changing minds within the year.
    Millionth verse, same as the first...

Quote Originally Posted by Prime Time View Post
    Also, Madison Rayne is back for this knockouts tournament they are doing.
    What did I just say?? Unless she's putting someone over early, this feels very unnecessary.