Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Impact Wrestling General Discussion

I was saying Boo-Urns. lunchbox1981's Avatar
    Comeback home Hulkster. TNA doesn’t need you as that money can be wisely spent elsewhere. More importantly you should be at WrestleMania XXX. Even if it’s just to show up and pose for the crowd.

Goldberg Rules!
    On a wrecking ball.

Mr. D
    Do we think Hulk Hogan will be at Bound for Glory?

Goldberg Rules!
    On a wrecking ball.

Don't know, don't care. I can't believe there are people in 2013 that would buy a wrestling ppv based on Hulk Hogan being on it--with or without the wrecking ball.

Henchman 21
    I saw yesterday that they were doing an Impact taping in Chattanooga the first week in December and was thinking I might be going through there then and would stop and go. Now today it was cancelled. I wonder if this means they have decided on a permanent place to do Impacts or had some issue with that date and place. I know when I saw the headline I thought it meant multiple dates had been cancelled and thought it was a real bad sign.

On another note, am I the only one a bit horrified over T.O.'s obsession with Hulk on a wrecking ball.

It is slightly more disturbing than his anus getting wrecked by Orton's balls over the years.

Goldberg Rules!
    On a wrecking ball.

Mr. D
    What's the line up for bound for glory sunday? Anyone getting it?

From the Main Page:

No DQ Match for the TNA World Heavyweight Title
    AJ Styles vs. Bully Ray

Ultimate X for the TNA X Division Title
    Jeff Hardy vs. Chris Sabin vs. Austin Aries vs. Samoa Joe vs. Manik

TNA Knockouts Title Match
    Brooke vs. Gail Kim vs. ODB

TNA Tag Team Title Match
    Winners of pre-show vs. Gunner and James Storm

Kurt Angle vs. Bobby Roode

Sting vs. Magnus

An appearance by Ethan Carter III

Is it just me or this card just not that good? The World Title match is gold, of course, but Sting vs Magnus? Austin Aries, Samoa Joe, and Jeff Hardy in the X-division title match? I still don't think Kurt Angle should be the second Hall of Famer and it really bugs me that they are treating him like a conquering hero and throwing what appeared to be a building, more than year-long storyline, in order to shoehorn him in against Roode; plus he'll probably beat him again. This card just bugs me. Anybody else?

Goldberg Rules!
    I say we draw and quarter Chris Sabin. He's the one responsible for the massive downfall of TNA lately.

And we do it...on a wrecking ball.

Reality Champ
    I really want to know a breakdown of how much it cost TNA to leave the Impact Zone. What a disaster to be forced to go back so quickly.

I don't understand why they would go back there. They may need to stay at one location, but one that tickets aren't sold specifically for? That I don't get.

Reality Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by XanMan View Post
    I don't understand why they would go back there. They may need to stay at one location, but one that tickets aren't sold specifically for? That I don't get.
    My guess: Because they billed it as an attraction, it cost them very little, or possibly nothing, to rent out the Impact Zone. They're in such financial trouble that they couldn't rent out, say, The Arena in Philly multiple times a month.

Super Moderator
    If they're going to be in once place each week, it needs to be in a tourist town and, unfortunately, the IZ fits the bill. Running a weekly show in one location quickly burns out the town, no matter how good the show is, but a tourist destination has a revolving door of people coming through.

Maybe TNA bit off more than they could chew and are realizing it. I saw a report that they're looking for shoot 4-6 weeks worth of Impact if they get back to the IZ for November. They might as well fly guys in, shoot a month and a half of TV and shut down for six weeks to conserve some capital and catch up on the bills. Then, go back on the road. But not every week. I wanted them out of the IZ as much as anyone, but perhaps the cost of running a different town every second week as too much.

Start off live at the IZ every week, then three week a month an somewhere that's within a 5-hour drive for the fourth. See how that goes. Then try being on the road twice a month.

Let it be gradual.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAman View Post
    My guess: Because they billed it as an attraction, it cost them very little, or possibly nothing, to rent out the Impact Zone. They're in such financial trouble that they couldn't rent out, say, The Arena in Philly multiple times a month.
    But if they rented out The Arena in Philly--or went back to the best place they've been, The Asylum in Nashville--they can sell tickets. They can't at the Impact Zone. They just get whoever wanders in and paid admission at Universal Studios.

Henchman 21
    Selling tickets is only good if it covers more than the cost of renting a place. Also Universal Studios would mean no competition for them as no one will be looking to rent the place like at other arenas.

The multiple weeks taped in early November might be due to the holidays.

What I think would be best is stay at one location for majority and do occasional tapings from the road especially the PPV type Impacts.

Henchman 21
    Veda Scott of RoH worked a dark match for TNA before BFG. I wonder if we could slowly be seeing a working agreement between TNA and RoH again. I think it could be beneficial for both if done right. Imagine guys showing up from one to the other without a 90 day waiting period so there is more of a wow factor. It would work more so for TNA due to RoH being so far behind in their taping of shows but RoH could still get it for their iPPVs.

Henchman 21
    Well story on MP says TNA might be going back to the 6 sided ring. I think that would be a great idea. I have seen people on here talking about it and wishing for it so let us keep our fingers crossed. The only problem is it seems for a future Impact and not tomorrow. But then again it might be a surprise and they have redone the seating to accommodate it already.

Also it seems SI will be doing a story on Dixie. This should be the kind of thing TNA needs. Main stream exposure.

Lastly it is obvious TNA is having problems but I think part of it is a wrestling issue in general. WWE has been doing some real good stuff lately and Bryan is over almost as anyone in a long time yet Raw viewership went down this last week. It seems interest in wrestling has been waning some.

Oliver
    The story on the MP said that a venue in 2015 has put up a seating chart featuring a six sided ring. Who books somewhere for a show two years in advance? And who advertises for a show that's two years away? It's weird.

The Brain
    Did it say 2 years? Damn, that's gotta be a mistake on someone's part.

Word is that Bischoff may be gone... please, PLEASE be true...

Super Moderator
    Fuck that, Bischoff is the best thing to ever happen to TNA production values.

The love/hate towards the backstage wrestling workers always confuses me, because as the audience, we have no real clue who is doing what. In WWE, Stephanie gets creative blame, yet no credit when the ship has been righted. The purpose of Bischoff backstage is a lot less clear as TNA doesn't share as many of those details. So why hate him, or be happy he's leaving when you don't know what he really brings to the table? I don't know if it was a Hogan/Bischoff creation, but one of the best things TNA does that WWE has no answers to is how they film backstage segments. I liked the ones where Hogan had an office and had the wrestlers coming by to make their case for matches, or how the camera is hiding in some way to at least give off the impression that the segments are filmed without the wrestlers knowledge. It's a nice touch, and well done most of the time.

Oh, and for the record, I started Bound for Glory last night, and so far it's a better PPV than anyting WWE has put out since Summerslam. Not by much, but at least their card had a structure. The Ultimate X was a lame spotfest match, and nowhere near as organized and developed as WWE's Money in the Bank matches, but was a great way to kick things off. The Bad Influence segment was damn good, and made me wish both companies delivered more segments to this caliber. Everything just clicked well, and the Abyss return was well handled. I love WWE's recent tag team rejuvenation, but TNA does a much better job using the upper-midcard guys in their tag ranks. Kaz and Daniels, nowhere near my favorite wrestlers, have a great team and characters to pull off being cool and funny heels. EY and Park/Abyss seem like a very interesting tandem. Then the champions had a backstage interview, and it made me miss the days of Sean Mooney and Gene Okerlund conducting them in this manner. I don't know if it's indicative of all of TNA, but that interview was amazing. Maybe not the actual content, but the presentation of having these guys talk about their opponents just before going out to the ring built up the match had a great late 80s/early 90s WWF feel to it. I know we see Renee Young interview guys before their matches on Raw, but it doesn't have the same feeling to it at all. Not sure why.

Anyways, I turned it off to watch TV with the GF mid-match, but I can honestly say I'm looking forward to watching the rest.

I haven't seen Gunner in months, but I really dug this Modern Day Viking persona, and he looked the part teaming with Storm. Knowing the results of the match beforehand, I was sad to see that this team would lose.

Goldberg Rules!
    I'm interested to hear your thoughts on Roode/Angle when you get to it.

It might end up being column material, a delayed review and thoughts on TNA going forward.

Looks like Rampage is free to rejoin MEM, since Tito injured himself while training.

From the main page:

- A former TNA World Heavyweight Champion is scheduled for this Thursday's episode of Impact Wrestling. TNA Wrestling President Dixie Carter revealed in this "#IMPACT365" video that she received a phone call from a former World Title holder this morning, and that individual will be on hand for Thursday's show in Cincinnati, Ohio.

"He is one of the greatest of all time," said Carter. "I can not wait to welcome him home. Stay tuned."

Jarrett?

Maybe. Could be AJ, also.

Quote Originally Posted by Section ( 8 ) View Post
    Looks like Rampage is free to rejoin MEM, since Tito injured himself while training.
    He's actually having a different fight on the 15th, I believe, now.

Goldberg Rules!
    Please be Shamrock.

A Professional Sort Of
    Quote Originally Posted by T.O. View Post
    Please be Shamrock.
    Which one?

Henchman 21
    Quote Originally Posted by T.O. View Post
    Please be Shamrock.
    This seems likely since he has been in the news, well gossip or whatever passes for news on dirt sheets, lately. He could be there to talk to Angle about passing on HoF. Maybe even made he has not been inducted. Jarrett is also possible. I can see the official return of Abyss as Dixie tries to get him on her side. I would be happy if it was Raven. Especially if done right. Other than that is could be Rhino, again recruited by Dixie. Besides that I think there is only Christian and Ron Killings and I do not see it being either of them. Or RVD.

I want it to be Raven. So it won't be Raven.

My guess is Jarrett; they have easy access to him, and he easily fits into the storyline.

Henchman 21
    Yea Raven would be awesome. Of course I can see TNA having him come in with some mysterious agenda, maybe with a guy or two following him and then people saying they are ripping off WWE and the Wyatt Family. And since TNA has done a bad job of following through with story lines lately that would just add to the comparison. I do see Raven fitting in if the things Bully and Aries have hinted at are true. About TNA getting a bit more real and gritty. Perhaps EY brings him in to help control the monster Abyss. I would LOVE a feud between a returning Raven and returning James Mitchell. Each using wrestlers as their pawns in a chess match of diabolical mayhem.

Oliver
    If it is, specifically, a TNA World Heavyweight Champion, aren't RVD and Mick Foley the only two people not currently employed by TNA anyway? The history of the belt only goes back to 2007.

In fact, including the NWA:TNA period, there's only Shamrock, Jarrett, Raven, R-Truth, Christian and Rhyno that aren't in TNA right now. Pull out everyone there that it simply won't be due to WWE ties and you're left with four people - Shamrock, Jarrett, Raven and Rhyno. Much as I'd mark like shit for it, I don't see a Raven return being something TNA should be looking at right now, and the same for Shamrock - it just adds to the ~50 year old guys on the roster. The one that would make the most sense in terms of the roster as it is and someone who could come in at any level, midcard, main event or anything else, would be Rhyno - and I'd mark a little for, too, especially if he just came out and gored James Storm in half. Jarrett's probably the most likely, though, building up the Dixie/AJ story.

Henchman 21
    Well like I said, I would see Raven in a manager role more than in ring. And even if he did get in the ring it would be some hardcore type match and only for a match or two for a feud. But even that I do not see. I just like his mind and think he would be great for TNA. From what I have heard, he was behind a lot of what heel Jeff Hardy was doing and it seemed to me he was getting better as he went with that character.

Whoever it is, it seems Dixie is kissing up to them. So Jarrett could be very likely. Like you said he fits in her story.

per the front page...

TNA President Dixie Carter revealed that the former "World Champion" that will be returning to TNA on Thursday's Impact Wrestling is former Cincinnati Bengals football cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones. Jones had a very brief run with TNA back in 2007 and is a former TNA tag team champion.

Oliver
    ...Who????

Reality Champ
    Not exactly a former cornerback...considering he still plays. I mean, they have a bye this week...but really?

A Professional Sort Of
    Quote Originally Posted by Macho Mourn View Post
    per the front page...

TNA President Dixie Carter revealed that the former "World Champion" that will be returning to TNA on Thursday's Impact Wrestling is former Cincinnati Bengals football cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones. Jones had a very brief run with TNA back in 2007 and is a former TNA tag team champion.
    Talk about a letdown...

I know this next phrase is cliche but...

Dixie Carter should stop doing announcements for like... forever...

The Brain
    Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck