Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1100

Thread: Global Force Wrestling General Discussion

The Brain
    It's about trying to assert control, and it's really stupid and counterproductive. These attempts to pretend everything was terrible before the current regime came into power are pretty pitiful.

They aren't done with these odd decisions either. You guys know how TNA/IMPACT/whatever they are now have a deal with Konnan's promotion The Crash? Well apparently they're about to go back on that and enter into an agreement with AAA instead, starting tonight at AAA's Rey de Reyes event. Unless Konnan has suddenly made up with Dorian, it's very possible he reacts very poorly to this, the Crash/TNA deal goes up in flames and Konnan, LAX, Garza Jr. and the Laredo Kid are out almost as soon as they arrived.

Speaking of out the door, peace out to Aron Rex. They just never knew what to do with him. And when they finally found something (or when HE finally did)- he loses his title. The Liberace gimmick was... interesting... but with the strength of the performer behind it (plus being backed by the always entertaining Spud), there's no telling what could have came from it. This doesn't hurt as bad as losing the Hardys, Jade or the Bennetts, but it still sucks that they never bothered to try to lock down one of the more entertaining guys in the biz.

Good luck pushing Karen Jarrett as a face authority figure.
    Don't Touch That Dial!

Quote Originally Posted by JSR-13 View Post
    Speaking of out the door, peace out to Aron Rex. They just never knew what to do with him. And when they finally found something (or when HE finally did)- he loses his title. The Liberace gimmick was... interesting... but with the strength of the performer behind it (plus being backed by the always entertaining Spud), there's no telling what could have came from it. This doesn't hurt as bad as losing the Hardys, Jade or the Bennetts, but it still sucks that they never bothered to try to lock down one of the more entertaining guys in the biz.

Good luck pushing Karen Jarrett as a face authority figure.
    Aron Rex was so damn bland when he first arrived at Impact, but he definitely started to generate some buzz with his new Liberace gimmick. While I thought him and Spud was interesting, I don't consider this a huge loss considering personally, I'm really loving the talent that's being brought it in/back. The Liberace gimmick would have needed airtime and with just two hours for a week, I rather see some other wrestlers get a bump and a push.

Mauro announced on twitter that he isn't done calling pro wrestling. His WWE contract is up in August I believe. A safe bet would have him return to Japan, but is it a long shot for him to wind up in the Impact zone? Mathews is now gone from the booth (most likely only in kayfabe, but also in real life if Impact were smart), so that leaves Pope and JB, but I'd rather see Pope with a beast like Mauro while JB can go back to ring announcing and interviews. Oh, and Spud can go back to being a wrestler too.

I can dream, can't I?
    Don't Touch That Dial!

Anthem just filed trademarks for "Broken Matt", "Brother Nero", and "Broken Universe". Will wonders never cease...
    Don't Touch That Dial!

I don't really follow Impact anymore but I read the taping son the main page. I won't give spoilers but from what I read I looked up some clips from last week and Scott Steiner is back and Josh Matthews is a wrestler? I'm sure there are positives about the show too but good Lord.

Steiner looked so old.

Quote Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
    I don't really follow Impact anymore but I read the taping son the main page. I won't give spoilers but from what I read I looked up some clips from last week and Scott Steiner is back and Josh Matthews is a wrestler? I'm sure there are positives about the show too but good Lord.

Steiner looked so old.
    Sigh. Yep. I mean- there's more to the show than that. But unfortunately, this has been the feud that receives the most attention for some reason.

Steiner indeed has aged, and I'm still struggling to understand why they spent the money to bring him in.
    Don't Touch That Dial!

The Brain
    Because they want to exclusively employ people who are loyal to Jarrett or desperate for cash/exposure, and Steiner probably matches both criteria pretty well.

I was surprised at the silence when he "debuted." I figured there'd be some sort of reaction, but there was zero.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by JSR-13 View Post
    Sigh. Yep. I mean- there's more to the show than that. But unfortunately, this has been the feud that receives the most attention for some reason.

Steiner indeed has aged, and I'm still struggling to understand why they spent the money to bring him in.
    He's still a recognizable name, especially to TNA's average viewer. He probably didn't coast a ton either, since he owns a restaurant and this requires like three days of work per quarter for him.

I fumed. Fucking lost it when I heard two radio hosts on the LAW that probably couldn't find a fucking gym with a map shitting on his physique. He's 54! He probably still looks better than 85% of wrestlers on today's scene. I shut the show off and it's 50/50 if I'll listen again.

Man, I almost want to be in charge of posting news for Impact on the MP. Gail Kim was interviewed and said that she's not under contract, but she is still very much part of Impact. She is cleared to return, but will do so when the taping schedule opens up. That's one lady off the checklist of who will be appearing in the Mae Young Classic.

Hey- that's good news to me. The knockouts division needs her, and lord knows we don't need everyone being snatched up by WWE.
    Don't Touch That Dial!

I haven't been keeping up with the product, but it finally happened. TNA is no more. Not even Impact Wrestling.

It's now Global Force Wrestling. Guess it's time to change the this forum's name.

I'd imagine this was Jarrett's plan all along. He must have known the problems Dixie was having. And people say pyramid schemes never work.

LOL this is so dumb..

Super Moderator
    Either way, it's a good idea for Anthem.

Distance yourself from the TNA brand.

What kind of bullshit is this? "Impact" was perfectly fine. GFW has never had a shred of credibility to justify this dumb decision. Fuck Jarrett.

Super Moderator
    For the love of god...I'm normally a defender of GFW, but it looks like this battle over the Broken gimmick might be wrapping up sooner than later because somebody done fucked up.

It's like nobody at Anthem knows how to file a trademark?

They were too late on Broken Matt, because Matt already filed. They shit the bed on Brother Nero and Broken Brilliance, and Vanguard1 is too close to other things to trademark.

Womp womp...

Quote Originally Posted by Team Farrell View Post
    It's like nobody at Anthem knows how to file a trademark?
    In that case, I'm going to go get that owl.

Super Moderator
    Take the owl. It can be yours.