Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Wyatt Family

Quote Originally Posted by PEN15 View Post
    I hate to repeat my post, but this disputes nothing I wrote. Sure, it could work if Bray was rebuilt. But that tweet, if taken the way you are interpreting it, is not about waiting until then, it's about an immediate impact.

You're jumping on the slightest piece of circumstantial evidence. You've got nothing. Trust my debating win/loss record - this isn't about Sting.
    I wasn't disputing, I was giving you a scenario/possibility on how/why Wyatt could face Sting. When he most likely won't.

As long as you agree it most likely won't happen. But jumping to conclusions that the scorpion clearly means Sting is fucking ridiculous.

The rumors that the Wyatts may be splitting up, that Bray might turn face and Luke Harper is going singles, and the unified Wyatt Clan is a thing of the past are just such a perfect example of the ineptitude of the Creative department.

After roughly 14 months, the WWE is plum out of ideas for this group? How can this be? It certainly isn't the fault of the workers, all 3 of whom have played their roles masterfully.

Talk about a very promising stable that most fans had no problem "fantasy booking" into a dozen different angles, yet the WWE itself, according to rumor, has opted to give up on them so prematurely it is mind-numbing.

Here's hoping I'm jumping the gun with these complaints, but if the WWE does split up the group in 2014, I'm calling the Wyatt Saga one of the biggest Creative bungles of the past 5 years.

I hate to be that guy but if the WWE is actually going to break up the Wyatts (a terrible decision in my book), it seems like further evidence that the Cena feud was a massive catalyst. And look, I'm not blaming Cena at all; I don't think he's backstage asking to go over wrestlers and then have their entire momentum cut out from under them. But it's pretty clear at this point that if you're an up and coming guy who feuds with Cena, the booking team is going to destroy you once it's over. The Nexus, Ryback, Sandow and now the Wyatts (and I could argue for more guys) have all feuded with Cena and then watched their momentum sink afterwards because the creative team had no idea what to do with them. That's a problem the WWE needs to address, because there's no reason for creative to have nothing (or to have had nothing) for a group that has too much potential left to be broken up now.

The Greatest of All Time LWO4Life's Avatar
    See, I don't see the feud with Cena as that. I see the break up as creative not having a clue what to do with interesting characters, period. It almost feels like when they have nothing else to do with them, they throw them to Cena just to see if it sticks and bury the talent. The best example is Ryback. Ryback was a HUGE face, and then he turned heel just to get beat by Cena. That's creative not having a clue on how to do their job. Nexus was different, you knew when they came in they'd be broken up to make individual stars, and Sandow I think is similar to Ryback.

When you see someone who has not been on the roster for more than a year, maybe 2 years, get hot shotted to go against Cena, the top guy, that's a BAD thing. No matter how loud the smarks cry that we need new faces in the main event scene, those new faces should NOT be people in their first year. In the case of the Wyatts, before Cena you had to have slowly build them up. Bray was staggering because the Family got handed by Daniel Bryan. So when they go against Cena, unless that feud was going to result in a Cena heel turn, Wyatt should have been in that position. If Bryan could handle the family, the Super Cena would cut through them like a hot butter knife. My hope was that Cena did turn heel. But when he didn't, then it was a complete waste.

Right now I feel there is no direction on the main show, there is no development of mid-card guys to move up to the main event spot. Idealistically, The Wyatt Family would have gone over some veteran face wrestlers, and they would build up the Wyatt Family to these huge monsters in which Luke Harper would rise out and become a star eventually. After all, Harper was one of the best big men in the Indy scene for a very long time. He is so good, I'm surprised he wasn't signed by the WWE 10 years ago.

But I don't blame Cena is the Wyatts break, I don't blame his character or I don't even blame his character for existing. The reality is that you will always have a top guy, if it was Bruno Sammartino, Pedro Morales, Bob Backlund, Hulk Hogan, Bret Hart/Shawn Michaels, Steve Austin, the Rock, Brock Lesnar or John Cena. These characters are critical to the show, even in the old days every territory had a Jerry Lawler, Fritz Von Erich, Vern Gagne, Harley Race, Funk Brothers main eventer at the top to sell tickets. So I know everyone is, well if they didn't put them with Cena. But Cena has to exist, Cena has ALWAYS existed for as long as wrestling was a work. The problem is the creative team pushing new talent to the top spot right away in an act of desperation when they have no direction at all. Hell, they don't even have direction for Cena, as over the last 9 years I feel like he has just existed and been at the top of the card waiting to fight Randy Orton again.

Has Vince McMahon Lost Confidence in Roman Reigns.

Quote Originally Posted by Cult Icon View Post
    I hate to be that guy but if the WWE is actually going to break up the Wyatts (a terrible decision in my book), it seems like further evidence that the Cena feud was a massive catalyst. And look, I'm not blaming Cena at all; I don't think he's backstage asking to go over wrestlers and then have their entire momentum cut out from under them. But it's pretty clear at this point that if you're an up and coming guy who feuds with Cena, the booking team is going to destroy you once it's over. The Nexus, Ryback, Sandow and now the Wyatts (and I could argue for more guys) have all feuded with Cena and then watched their momentum sink afterwards because the creative team had no idea what to do with them. That's a problem the WWE needs to address, because there's no reason for creative to have nothing (or to have had nothing) for a group that has too much potential left to be broken up now.
    It'sm ore that Creative has a hard time booking someone to lose. It doesn't matter if it's John Cena at all; how often does someone lose a feud in WWE and end up still having momentum to work with? There are too few examples of someone losing, and still having credibility. Jack Swagger, of all people, seem to be the only one who can say that with his recent feud with Rusev still has some possible heat to work with. How many others can say the same thing in 2014? The only time it really happens is when the stars has enough credibility from before the feud to carry over, meaning main event guys can suffer the losses and still move forward. Consider how credible Kane still is, despite him having a record of 4-152 in the last 2 years. I'm not saying he can win the WWE Title tomorrow, but if The Authority wanted to piss off Dolph or Sheamus tomorrow, and send out Kane to punish them, we could logically see a new champion without any complaints about the champion not having credibility.

It's a midcard issue more than anything. And while I want to blame WWE creative, I don't think it's something I have the right to complain about. How many other feds and promotions have been able to book losers to succeed after their major losses? I'm not saying it's impossible, but it's incredibly difficult. It would be doubly difficult in WWE with all the talent on their roster.

Consider how it helped Jack Swagger to disappear for a few months before returning with Zeb Colter in 2013? Just the time away after a disastrous run since losing the World Title on Smackdown (and I would argue since he left ECW) helped rebuild him in some way. It wasn't a perfect return, but the losing streak was not fresh in our minds, and there was something WWE could work with. He belonged in the mix with Del Rio and Ziggler, which was nothing something that could be said just 8 months earlier.

If anything, what they are doing with the Wyatts might be the best idea, and something they should do more often. It's also something TNA does that I wish WWE would copy. If someone is without momentum and credibility, but you know you want to work with him down the line, the answer is to take him off TV temporarily (or create another brand split, but that's a different discussion). Bray Wyatt, along with Rowan and Harper, could even return to NXT for a couple of months. Have them chase someone like Sami Zayn, or The Ascension. NXT stars that are essentially the NXT version of WWE's main event guys who can suffer a loss without killing the rolls they are on. Wyatt can be dominant for the most part, and then when the story is over, WWE can bring him back with something fresh to do.

That's just an example, because refocusing Bray's attention on promoting Luke Harper also works. It keeps Bray around, without giving him too many downfalls for the fans to remember. Back to a Roddy Piper role, managing Bob Orton Jr more than competing, being a true antagonist who doesn't get in the ring near often enough.

But to blame Cena or the booking around Cena is short sighted. It would have been the same had Bray lost to Sheamus, or Roman Reigns, or Dolph Ziggler. The key to booking anyone strong after a big loss is to rebound and get them back on track, and that means more than a forgettable feud with Chris Jericho. The initial return was tremendous, but it flaked after that. Had the angle been presented in a stronger light, those wins on PPV would have meant more. But by treating the angle with Jericho as a midcard feud and with less attention from creative than the Bella drama or Ambrose vs Rollins, the perception to the audience was that this feud did not matter in the grand scheme of things. That has so little to do with the loss to Cena, and much more to do with booking of a loss in general.

So with the rumor o the Wyatt Family getting a new member, who do you suppose it will be?

The first obvious choice is Bo Dallas.

An NXT call up?

Bull Dempsey?

Super Moderator
    Bo is a tough one because outside of a tag run back in FCW, I don't think that they've really acknowledged that they're brothers.

Bull was my first thought, too, if they're going to keep with the big-ish and bearded look.

Don't WHAT? Me.
    I'm going with the guy that has been tweeting vaguely about his problems and deleting them....Jack Swagger.

Repackaging could do that guy some good, and unlike a call-up can hold his own in such a big feud. A lot of people wouldn't see it coming either.

Plus with the right situation you can have him un-brainwashed and pair him back with Zeb and have him feud with Wyatt later on (I mean like months from now)

...and for my super long-shot choice: Marcus Louis. He has the look of a crazy-ass wildcard and would creep the kids out, plus looks like he would follow someone like Wyatt. He just doesn't have the experience for something like this tho.

How about Baron Corbin?

Corbin is 2 years away from being ready for the main roster. Swagger is the most likely i would think. Bray as his mouth piece and just gives Swagger (who is very talented) some fresh appeal.

I was just wondering, is there any way that Bray Wyatt can become a face character? His character is that of a cult leader who now sees himself as the new face of fear. How can he become a face?

Mankind is a similar character but it took the interview with JR and the 3 faces of Foley and the bedpan to the head of Vince for Mankind to change. I do not see that type of change or Bray.

So how could Bray ever turn face?

I think they need to worry about giving Bray a feud to win and getting his momentum back before they focus on a face turn.

Super Moderator
    Undertaker has been a babyface. He just started doing his Undertaker stuff to heels instead of babyfaces.

Bray's time to turn baby was a year or so ago when he was getting his hottest. At this point, like Cult said, he needs a solid win or two before they even consider it.

I'd have him squash midcard people on Raw and Smackdown for a few weeks in completely one-sided contests until they decide what's next for him as a single. He really should be brutalizing guys, I'm talking beating them and then continuing to kill them after the bell, and then handing their carcasses to his family.

If they're not going to do something to hugely strengthen him than maybe position him as a manager for the Family for a few months and then when he steps back in to the ring after someone at Mania his losses will be far enough in the rear view mirror that he can move on.

EDIT: A combination might be the way to go. I'd almost want to see Bray vs Brock at Mania. Have him murder some midcarders for the mon of December and then pull him from the ring. Have him manage the Family and turn them against Brock. At this point, four-on-one might be what it takes for someone on the roster to touch Brock.

Then you can spend three months having Brock struggle to get through the Family. Do something at The Rumble similar to what they did with Big Show a few years ago, but have Brock be the one that's destroyed. Then they can basically spend three months with Brock going through Bray's heaters. They don't need to be in matches (maybe Harper vs Brock at EC), he can take them out in angles and whatnot and you slowly whiddle them down to just Bray vs Brock at Mania.

I know that it's another loss for Bray, but if he can take Brock absolutely to his limit and win convincingly in his next feud, it'll elevate the whole family.

Plus, four-on-one is a good way to get Brock sympathy and the change of him having to attack from behind to take out Wyatt Family members is completely different from anything we've seen from Brock to this point.
    Last edited by Team Farrell; 11-28-2015 at 08:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Farrell View Post
    Undertaker has been a babyface. He just started doing his Undertaker stuff to heels instead of babyfaces.

Bray's time to turn baby was a year or so ago when he was getting his hottest. At this point, like Cult said, he needs a solid win or two before they even consider it.

I'd have him squash midcard people on Raw and Smackdown for a few weeks in completely one-sided contests until they decide what's next for him as a single. He really should be brutalizing guys, I'm talking beating them and then continuing to kill them after the bell, and then handing their carcasses to his family.

If they're not going to do something to hugely strengthen him than maybe position him as a manager for the Family for a few months and then when he steps back in to the ring after someone at Mania his losses will be far enough in the rear view mirror that he can move on.

EDIT: A combination might be the way to go. I'd almost want to see Bray vs Brock at Mania. Have him murder some midcarders for the mon of December and then pull him from the ring. Have him manage the Family and turn them against Brock. At this point, four-on-one might be what it takes for someone on the roster to touch Brock.

Then you can spend three months having Brock struggle to get through the Family. Do something at The Rumble similar to what they did with Big Show a few years ago, but have Brock be the one that's destroyed. Then they can basically spend three months with Brock going through Bray's heaters. They don't need to be in matches (maybe Harper vs Brock at EC), he can take them out in angles and whatnot and you slowly whiddle them down to just Bray vs Brock at Mania.

I know that it's another loss for Bray, but if he can take Brock absolutely to his limit and win convincingly in his next feud, it'll elevate the whole family.

Plus, four-on-one is a good way to get Brock sympathy and the change of him having to attack from behind to take out Wyatt Family members is completely different from anything we've seen from Brock to this point.
    A loss to Brock won't elevate anyone in the Family, least of all Bray. At some point Coach, people are going to stop taking the Family seriously if they can never go over anyone not named Dean Ambrose or Ryback. Hell, you could make the argument that no one takes them seriously right now. Unless he were to go over Lesnar (which, let's be honest, he should if they were in a program. It's not like a loss will kill Brock), that feud does nothing for him. Really, I'm not sure any feud does anything for Bray at this point.

I'll be blunt; I don't see WWE getting it right with this guy. You know how there's always one or two dudes that always look like they're going to be top stars, only they fall short for a variety of reasons and never end up making it? Bray strikes me as one of those guys. He should arguably be the top heel in the company right now, and instead he's never quite had the same momentum since his feud with Cena, all while WWE has failed to put the pieces back together. Unless they do a long term rebuild, I could see it just not working. Which would be shocking considering Bray's ability, but stranger things have happened.

Don't WHAT? Me.
    Well you can't make Bray face anytime soon....because he'll get cheered more than Roman.

After Mania tho I would like to see it because the list of opponents would be fun.

V Barrett
    V New Day
    V Henry
    V The Authority
    V Owens

....all are feuds I would be down to see. Come to think of it if Wyatts became face soon you could book

Wyatt Family V Sheamus,Barrett,Authority Goon 3 & 4 at Mania.

Admittedly, I would also love to see Wyatt take on Brock at 'Mania for a number of reasons but eh... Bray would be forced to job again and he's really only been booked strong twice. In the lead up to WrestleMania 30 & 31 when WWE fed him to Cena and Taker.

Quote Originally Posted by Cult Icon View Post
    I think they need to worry about giving Bray a feud to win and getting his momentum back before they focus on a face turn.
    Agreed, but my point was in general, not specifically for now.

Why is Bray Wyatt off TV? I know he is hurt, but why is he off TV? Wyatt's gimmick is that he is a Sadistic Preacher/Cult Leader. So why can't he be the mouth piece for the Family and walk down with a cane? The rocking chair would have never made more sense than right now. The family comes the stage, Wyatt cuts his promo while sitting the in the chair. The family can still do his dirty work, while he just sits and watches.

Once Wyatt heals, then he comes back to the in ring action, but they way I see it, there is no reason for him to be off TV.
    Last edited by Powder; 04-20-2016 at 12:47 PM.

The Greatest of All Time LWO4Life's Avatar
    My guess is he can't walk right now. But I agree with you. Once he is better, I'd get him on TV right away. Even if he's in a wheel chair. He needs to be on TV talking. He needs to get under Roman's skin and have his family do their thing. First week with no Bray and the ratings drop! To me, that's no coincidence!

Has Vince McMahon Lost Confidence in Roman Reigns.

I am posting in this thread for two reasons:

1. Because I think it will be pretty cool that (if the rumors are true) that Wyatt will win his first WWE Title in an Elimination Chamber

and

2. I got tired of seeing that the Jack Swagger thread was the last Superstar thread to be written in.

Squared
    Is it worth re-purposing this thread for either The Bludgeon Brothers (as Harper and Rowan seem to constantly gravitate back towards each other), or for Bray Wyatt as a singles wrestler?

Been a big year or so for Bray, but so far as I can tell he's still doing that thing where he says a whole lot of nothing but makes it sound good.

As for Harper, I think there's a lot of support for him in certain sections of the crowd, but for whatever reason they don't seem to know what to do with him as a solo act.

The Brain
    It's been a big year for Bray on paper, but... a cup of coffee with the title, an all time lame feud with Orton, and yeah, now he's dressing up as Sister Abigail. Eventful, but not exactly quality.

I freakin' love Harper and would probably actually watch if he won a top level championship. Yeah, no idea why they can't wrap their minds around a solo use for him. Kind of mind boggling, actually.