Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Miz

The Cool No. 9

The Miz

Okay so lately I've been wondering what everyone's opinion is on Miz these days. It's obvious that the most must see WWE champion in history is nowhere near on the cards as he was a couple years ago as a heel, is this a problem for you? Do you want to see him make more of an impact and reclaim the WWE title at some point? How would you book Miz if not for the way he currently is being done. Go
    Last edited by The Cool No. 9; 11-07-2013 at 10:43 PM.

Goldberg Rules!
    Bury him on Main Event, jobbing to Axel.

The Cool No. 9
    That certainly wasn't the buzz around LOP when he had the belt.

Or did you not like him.. I can't remember who was pro-Miz or anti-Miz.

Obviously mizfan was the former.

Goldberg Rules!
    It most certainly was from me.

I'm loyal to my charges.

A Professional Sort Of
    He's just... there... R-Truth is in the same boat.

Miz should get himself a tag team partner while he waits for something worthwhile.

The Cool No. 9
    Hell I wouldn't mind if he won the Rumble and beat Orton at Mania. Dude is money on the mike and has some sick moves. I've always been a fan.
    Last edited by The Cool No. 9; 11-07-2013 at 11:30 PM.

The Brain
    Miz is still better than most give him credit for, but he doesn't have that much to offer as a face.

I heard rumors that might be fixed soon though...

Dead In The Flesh
    It's hard to believe this guy main-evented Wrestlemania just three years ago considering where he's gone (or rather hasn't gone since).

I've personally never liked The Miz. His schtick seems forced and corny compared to those that came before him, and it always seems like he's doing an imitation of a charismatic superstar. Mind you, WWE certainly didn't help his case by hotshotting the title to him via the "How not to build a legitimate main-eventer" briefcase. And besides his awful catchphrase, his entire character was buried by The Rock. After months of talking about how the future is now, his time is now, a new era is upon us, he was completely proven wrong by having his ass handed to him by The Rock every time they met in the ring.

The Brain
    There were plenty of problems with that feud, but don't even pretend this wasn't awesome:

And make no mistake, Miz was OVER when he won the title. The heat was incredible then, and all through his title reign. It wasn't until Over the Limit that Miz was suddenly castrated, and next thing you know he was jobbing to Alex Riley. After several months of being treated like a nobody, the crowd started reacting to him that way.

AnamariaSanborn
    He is definitely not worth discussing i guess.

Miz is a much better wrestler than most seem to give him credit for, but it doesn't mean he's limitless. I don't think it's entirely fair to blame him for a failed face run. His face turn was poorly delivered, and he's barely had a real angle since. He'll have these mini-feuds that consist of matches, but very little in terms of promos or segments to get the feuds to the next level (Barrett is my prime example). Even the recent angle vs the Wyatts made him look like a complete tool, as he never came out on the winning end, and the angle was dropped suddenly.

I still feel like he could be a decent midcard face if he was given time and freedom to do something with it, but there are only so many hours of Raw for the midcard. And let's be honest, the midcard tag division stuff has been blowing the singles midcard out of the water.

I don't know if a heel turn is the right answer either, because he'd still be a midcarder.

I say a tag team is his best option, but I know I tend to say that for 50% of the roster.

The Brain
    Miz & Morrison was one of the best times for the guy, even back when he was far less capable than he is now. That team made more of both men than they ever could have been alone at the time.

The Cool No. 9
    It's almost like he's purposely doing the bare minimum as a face and is completely against it. He will probably only go the extra mile as a heel, like the Miz we're used to. That's my theory, but the sheetwriters are just as responsible. A couple years ago they looked at the landscape and said they were going to Push Punk to the moon, bring the Rock back, have Cena beat him, then start Daniel Bryan's push, and meantime they could just have Miz turn face and host Miz TV because they didn't need him in the WWE title picture. I could see him getting to the #1 contender spot at least as a face but they won't put the belt on him like this. I think he can be a lot better, but is just one of the guys who is more comfortable being a heel. He will get to the top of the mountain again, but when I don't know.

I also think Miz is a victim of being too much of a cheap heel when he was at his height. The Ric Flair mentorship fit in a lot of ways because just like Flair, Miz never won clean. Shit, Flair is retired, but we'd still hear comments about how little he won via Figure-4. So now that Miz is face, how can we expect him to win credibly?

He isn't blameless, but to blame him entirely is just wrong. WWE has done this all too often recently, with the worst case being Dolph Ziggler.

The Cool No. 9
    Yeah! I forgot all about the Flair mentorship angle. That would have been the best thing he could have done as a face and they could have ran further with it. Flair was probably not available as much.

And speaking of the figure 4 finish, I miss the skull crushing finale.. hopefully he gets that back at some point. Probably when he goes heel again.

I've always maintained that Miz is/was the weakest WrestleMania main eventer of all time. It wasn't even about him. At least Lawrence Taylor was relevant in the media.
    I think it's awesome that the word lisp has an "s" in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Smart_Mark View Post
    I've always maintained that Miz is/was the weakest WrestleMania main eventer of all time. It wasn't even about him. At least Lawrence Taylor was relevant in the media.
    This wasn't his fault. If the WWE kept Rocky as just the guest host, and left the main event happen without him, then things would/could have been different with the Miz. The 'E screwed over the Miz by throwing the Rock into the match. They still could have had all of the interactions and set up for the next WM the following night on RAW.

They could have let Miz have his match/moment without shitting on him with the Rock.

I would not be surprised if Miz never wins the Big One ever again in his career.

Super Moderator
    Has anyone ever fallen so far after being WWE Champion? It seems to me that every other Champion in history has some level of reverence attached to them except The Miz. Did even Sgt. Slaughter fall this far after dropping it to Hogan?

Hopefully a heel turn can rejuvenate him a bit. It'll take a lot of work, but I think he can work his way back up as a top-level heel. Maybe give him a flunky like A-Ri again and let him get on a bit of a roll.

He's in a real rebuilding phase, though. Transition the US or IC title after a few months and let him roll as a heel. Keep him as far away from Cena, Bryan or Punk as possible. Maybe start him off in mini feuds with his former partners that are still on the roster. He can beat A-Ri for a few weeks in December, then move on to R-Turth and best him (maybe give them a spot on the Rumble PPV), he can beat Christian after that on the Elimination Chamber pre-show and then maybe build a short feud into WrestleMania with someone.

The guy's not dead, but his face run is hopeless.

Goldberg Rules!
    I dunno, Bret Hart disappeared for 13 years after dropping the title. That's gotta be a record.

The Cool No. 9
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Farrell View Post
    The guy's not dead, but his face run is hopeless.
    Here, here.

The Brain
    Has anyone ever fallen so far after being WWE Champion? It seems to me that every other Champion in history has some level of reverence attached to them except The Miz. Did even Sgt. Slaughter fall this far after dropping it to Hogan?
    I don't think any other former champion has been asked to repeatedly put over a jobber immediately following their title reign... I'm sure if someone was getting pinned left and right by Barry Horowitz their credibility would have pretty damaged as well.

Damn Alex Riley...

Reality Champ
    Extenuating circumstances to be sure, but RVD fell quickly.

The Cool No. 9
    There, now he's heel and the world is back to normal.

Sort of.

Goldberg Rules!
    Just fire him.

Afraid he'll main event 'Mania over Orton again?

Me neither.

He can main event Summerfest. Once he's allowed to show up for it.

He shouldn't even main event Main Event.

A Professional Sort Of
    I just want to see Miz powerbombed through a table.

And then again.

And again.

And again.

Etc Etc

I was saying Boo-Urns. lunchbox1981's Avatar
    I think that with the crowning of a new IC Champion and the return of Rey Mysterio what perhaps should’ve been a pretty significant moment on RAW will now be more of an afterthought. He wasn’t getting over as a face so it makes sense to return him to a role that he was much more comfortable in and familiar with. That doesn’t necessarily mean that he is going to be relevant again though. Let’s wait and see.
    Last edited by lunchbox1981; 11-19-2013 at 08:27 PM.

The Cool No. 9
    That heelturn resonated and made an impact with a lot of the 'universe' last night, maybe not LOP's neck of the woods, but nonetheless. The bandwagon is taking off so if anybody doesn't want on.. Forever hold your peace

Didn't catch Raw but I don't recall reading about him doing anything overly heel-like. Maybe Kofi's just a dick.

Honestly though, I find Miz to be as bland as ADR is to most people. Maybe even more. He's an established veteran, yet he has no distinguishing features whatsoever. Literally everything this guy does has been done before. He should be the default template for CAW's in the games. The one that takes all the moves as you're looking through them.
    Last edited by Smart_Mark; 11-19-2013 at 04:27 PM.

Super Moderator
    If Miz can claw his way back to that character that was running around with Alex Riley and generating a pile of heat, then this is a good thing.

For now, pair Tyson Kidd with Kofi (or a returning Evan Bourne) to re-form Air Boom, pair Miz with a returning Brad Maddox (they share that grating personality), "A-List" Otunga, "Better Than You" Sandow or selfie guy from NXT and have them feud for a bit before entering the tag division full-time for a little while.

I'd prefer Miz gets paired with Maddox or Selfie Guy after a few weeks of winning, though, because I thought he worked really well with a lacky in A-Ri it it could be a decent way of either introducing a new character or re-introducing Maddox a wrestler since his run as GM appears to have been ended last night (and thank goodness, what's the point of a GM on a show featuring The Authority?).

TeslaMouse
    Didn't catch Raw but I don't recall reading about him doing anything overly heel-like. Maybe Kofi's just a dick.

Honestly though, I find Miz to be as bland as ADR is to most people. Maybe even more. He's an established veteran, yet he has no distinguishing features whatsoever. Literally everything this guy does has been done before. He should be the default template for CAW's in the games. The one that takes all the moves as you're looking through them.
    The Miz refused to tag in when Kofi tried to tag The Miz in. That's pretty heelish.

The Cool No. 9
    "No distinguishable features"? about the Miz? He has unique moves, attire, charisma and is definitely not bland on the mic..
    Last edited by The Cool No. 9; 11-19-2013 at 06:13 PM.

Moves? Jericho was using the "Skull Crushing Finale" during the Attitude Era. Attire? Not sure if you're talking about the trunks or the kickpads, as that's about all there is. If anyone wanted to push the issue I'd concede on the charisma part, but that's it.

Super Moderator
    Oh no! Chris Jericho used his finish first! But that would mean that there's no new, unique wrestling moves left that don't involve maximum physical risk!

There are only so many moves to he had, but his signature moves are his.

He wrestles a very "WWE" style...but so do Damien Sandow or Cody Rhodes.

He has a decent look. Much more marketable than a Daniel Bryan or Zack Ryder.

He's charismatic and can cut a promo.

He's everything you want a top heel to be and, if not booked like a complete buffoon (though, given how WWE likes to book heels, there are no promises) he can easily get back to that point. Let him use Miz TV the same way Piper used Piper's Pit and give him a few wins over some lower-level babies and he's on his way. Maybe he can throw Kofi through that giant, upside down scratch logo.

Shit, give him Ric Flair now that he's able to let loose.

A Professional Sort Of
    Oh no! Chris Jericho used his finish first! But that would mean that there's no new, unique wrestling moves left that don't involve maximum physical risk!
    Not everyone is good enough to use Jericho move #327: Full Nelson Facebuster.

Jericho knows a lot of moves/holds, there is bound to be some crossover sometimes.

Alberto Del Rio uses the Armbar a lot.

You completely disregarded the context of my post. Cool #9 said his moves are unique. They aren't.

Reality Champ
    You completely disregarded the context of my post. Cool #9 said his moves are unique. They aren't.
    Who truly has unique moves anymore?