Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The Miz

If it’s The Miz vs Strowman then it will be my personal main event. The two best guys on raw against each other. I’m really up for it. And Strowman needs a title run. Cena had one and it did him wonders.

I think I'd be alright with that too. I mean, it makes a lot of sense for both guys, and Miz can play that chickenshit heel really well.

He can. It needs to be a BIG deal though. A major event. As Lesnar is part time though I guess this would be the main thing on Raw.
    Last edited by anonymous; 01-26-2018 at 07:26 AM. Reason: very very drunk

It's going to be the 3rd or 4th biggest match on the card, at best. If not worst. There's no way this match main events or is a 'major event', unless like 6-8 other guys on the card get injured and can't make it. It doesn't mean it can't be memorable, but it isn't remotely even a main event. Also, Miz and Braun will probably a fun outing, probably not great, but then not everything needs to be a 5 star classic.

Squared
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymous View Post
    then it will be my personal main event.
    Take a look at that bit again.

@lopprimetime

I know, I was referring mostly to his 2nd post and suggesting that it probably won't be a major deal and will be overshadowed by other matches at Mania. That's just the way WWE books their Manias, part timers take center stage, no matter who you are, or how good of a year you had prior to Mania. It's an idea that could work for Summerslam or Survivor Series, or even the Royal Rumble. Remember the days when Ziggler would get world title shots at Rumbles? The WWE is open to taking chances outside of Mania, which explains why Kane of people and Braun are main eventing this Sunday.

I'm not really interested in this match. I mean I like Miz and Strowman, both had great years but I'm not looking forward to the match.

Yeah it just seems like something to keep Braun busy even though he should be fighting for the top title.

Given that Brock isn't going to be there week in week out, making the IC title, Miz, and Braun as a grouping the main focus of non-Brock episodes is really sensible.

Part of my problem is, Miz hasn't faced unstoppable monsters like Braun really and so they'd really have to key on his heel work to get enough sympathy onto Braun to make it work and not be a total squash.. Also, they have EC after the rumble, its a Raw show and so you don't need to set up Braun and Miz til after and can still make it Braun vs. Roman vs. Brock in a Triple threat and have Miz feud with Balor at Mania. Balor is a guy who could really use Miz to rehab his character.

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
    Given that Brock isn't going to be there week in week out, making the IC title, Miz, and Braun as a grouping the main focus of non-Brock episodes is really sensible.
    That's Roman's job.

The Brain
    I think Braun murderizing Miz and his goons would be the perfect thing for 'Mania. There is going to be plenty of traditionally good matches on the show, this should be more of a big moment.

I get that but I guess I would say is I don't think Braun needs to have a squash type match at mania. Gimme Miz vs. Balor and Raw's 3 biggest guys Roman vs. Brock vs. Braun.

The Brain
    Miz/Balor doesn't actually interest me that much to be honest, but that main event does sound kind of appealing so maybe you're on to something there.

I like Miz/Balor for a lot of reasons, not least that I think Balor could learn a few promo things working with Miz, but also think it's a good way to give you Club Vs Miztourage for a while and you can keep the thing that seems to have given Balor a spark together for a while.

I so want Braun in the main. Quite honestly, if Rumble ended with Braun as Uni Champ, Roman as Rumble winner, and Brock on the hunt I'm down with it. I figure the end of Mania is still Roman winning while essentially overcoming his biggest rivals from the last couple of years. Like, Roman has struggled against Braun constantly and the Lesnar arc with him is all about him losing to Brock.

Equally, coming out of Mania you can easily build to Braun/Roman (after Roman 'won' the Uni title by beating Brock but not Braun at Mania) but then you've kind of got to keep Roman on top for at least his first challenge. So does that subsequently nerf Braun's hotness?

You already have took shots at Braun when he didn't beat Brock the first time, so if he loses at the rumble which is what everybody thinks and then gets kayfabed demoted to work with miz doesn't that hinder his hotness as well?

Super Moderator
    I don't think so. The Miz is super hot right now, too. It's two hot wrestlers in a hot undercard match.

Miz is over as shit on the strength of his work over the past two years and I think you'll have a really good crowd for that match. That might easily be considered third or fourth from the top, even above the WWE Title match.

I like Braun at the IC level for now. They have done a wonderful job of making that title mean something over the past year, between Miz and Reigns as Champions. A white hot Braun Strowman with that belt would only add to that. Plus, remember, Austin was white hot 20 years ago and it took some nurturing before they put the top title on him. There's something to be said for "striking while the iron's hot", but nobody is begging for Braun to run with that belt. Give him the IC, let him continue being over and make people beg for them to put that belt on him.

Did I take shots at Braun? If so I don't recall.

Shots at the booking, I'm sure - I still think it was the wrong decision to have Braun lose in the manner he did to Brock. There were ways to handle that better than they did, and the ending was SO flat. That was the match that deserved the Samoa Joe style booking from before.

And Braun needed rebuilding after that loss. He got it, of course, partly thanks to surviving death by garbage truck and partly by being so frigging boss.

I don't think having him obliterate Dallas, Axel, and Miz week in week out hurts him at all. Arguably they're putting him against the most over heel on the show. And the end result is Strowman as IC champion, which gets him hotter.

Ollie, I worded that wrong, i meant booking took shots at Braun by not putting the title on him by beating Brock. I feel like a guy like Braun, the way he's booked has a shelf life and is a character that should get his run before people don't want it.

Ah cool, I get it now.

Completely agree, though. Plus, everyone is taking the Brock retention for granted. Why not create some intrigue and chuck the title to Braun?

Personnally, I would love it if since they're going to do Elimnation chamber for Raw if they did a title switch there in the chamber or have Brock in it trying to reclaim his title. The idea right now is for Brock to survive the Rumble, pin Kane, then at the Elimnation chamber, have Roman win the title shot and then pin Brock in the main event at Mania, clean. But Braun is really over right now and I feel like Vince can and should call a bit of an audible. Just because its predictable, doesn't mean its bad but that doesn't mean you have to always stick to the plan.

I'm not even suggesting pushing Roman out of the picture but I think Braun has earned more than just a IC title match with Miz. Plus, I don't think Roman and Brock can recreate the magic of Wrestlemania 31

Here's the problem with Braun vs. The Miz; the match itself. I have no doubt the build up will be acceptable to people because The Miz, even if he's better at talking than he is talking people into matches, is an above average mic worker and Braun destroying things over and over again doesn't seem to be getting old. But the match itself? Unless there's a stipulation there it's problematic. I've said it once I'll say it again; that Lesnar match not only hurt Braun's momentum briefly but it also revealed, despite his improvement, there's only so far you can go with him in the ring. He needs a great worker on the other side to compliment him in order to make the match good, or he needs a shit ton of chaos and overbooking. The Miz isn't going to give you that. As such, I'd expect the feud to go a lot like that Cena/Nikki vs. Miz/Maryse thing last year; everyone loved the angles going in, then the match happened and everyone was left wanting.

Frankly I think the best course would be Roman-Braun for the title with Braun winning. They'll never do that because Vince has to have Roman go over Brock and they've kept the title on Brock this long for a reason (the only way this changes is if the steroid controversy around Reigns hits critical mass), but that's the right call. I don't think Braun is the guy long term either (at some point, his shtick is going to get old and his in ring work isn't good enough to make him viable as long term option in this day and age), but he's the hottest guy they have right now and I'd say ride him until you find the right one or realize he's been under your nose all along (Sami Zayn! SAMI ZAYN!). So give him and Roman twenty minutes, make it an absolute demolition derby and have Braun walk out as champion.

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
    Ah cool, I get it now.

Completely agree, though. Plus, everyone is taking the Brock retention for granted. Why not create some intrigue and chuck the title to Braun?
    Because it makes no sense to do so? The entire point of having Brock have the title for a whole year, from Mania to Mania, was specifically so Roman could finally be the 'one' that beats him and have his 'epic' coronation (4th one, but whatever). Swerving it to Braun 2.5 months when you've already gotten through the first 9 months of your plan, makes no sense. It's predictable, it's boring, it probably won't work, but this is classic Vince booking.

This is basically what Vince wanted for WM 31, to have Brock dominate for a year after beating Taker, and then putting over his next boy Reigns. He was forced to change plans because of the fan reaction, but this is Vince, he's old, incredibly calcified in his beliefs, and resistant to change, so he was always going to come back to his original idea to prove the whole world wrong. Just like with the XFL.
    Last edited by Allystare; 01-26-2018 at 07:29 PM.

But surely you can work that plan with anybody? The long-term Brock/Roman story is there from 31 to now, including that SummerSlam four-way where Brock beat him to retain, but there's no reason why you couldn't put someone else in that spot. It's why I want Brock/Braun II at Mania instead - throw a No Holds Barred stop on it and have them go balls out for 15 minutes then put Braun over.

And I think adding a wrinkle of Braun as champ with a triple threat at Mania would still make the general plan of Roman having a 'coronation' at Mania work - both Brock and Braun are the biggest thorns in the side of Roman over the past year or more. Having him effectively beat them both at Mania, with the visible pin coming on Brock, would be huge.

Thinking short-term - Raw just did it's first 4m plus number in ages. Some of those might think about checking out the Rumble. If they're jaded fans from the Roman experience, what's more likely to pull them in on Monday night - Brock as champ, Roman as Rumble winner? Or Braun as champ, Brock chasing him, and Roman as Rumble winner? The latter is more interesting, right?

Putting someone else in that spot, or even modifying it via triple threat(it's what everyone but Vnce would do), but it would in Vince's mind be an admission that his original grand idea was wrong, so of course he won't do it. Buckle up for the ride, pal!

Miz is gonna face Shane as Bryan's substitute. Heard it here first.

Squared
    Rumours I am hearing are Miz/Balor, which I guess chimes with what people were saying further back. I can see how Balor could benefit from it while it's still going to be seen as another 'top match' for Miz.

@lopprimetime

The Brain
    I feel like Miz deserves a more interesting opponent, but I'm not that big a Balor fan these days so maybe that will create more buzz in the minds of others.

Congrats to the Miz on becomming #2 on the combined IC Title holder list!

He needs 77 more days to become #1, and by Mania he will have another 56 days. So my guess is that the Miz will hold the title until Mania, then lose the title to most likely Balor, and then the Miz should regain the title at SummerSlam to get reign 9, and then his 22 days to become #1.

Miz’s Promo on Monday was excellent. It made you believe he could have a chance against Brock. It made you want to see the match. And I’d quite like to see Miz carry Brock to a match.

I imagine most of us will be pissed when he wrestles Baron Corbin on the pre show @Mania.