Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 80 of 136

Thread: Paige

  1. #41
    It's totally that. She wanted out the first time and only didn't get out because she's under contract for three years and WWE didn't want to let her go. The only recourse after that is to fail the Wellness Policy over and over until she reached that third strike or forced their hand to fire her before then.


  2. #42
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    3,607
    I'm not saying she's not trying to get fired but if you need a painkiller for a lingering neck injury, its kinda bullshit that it's not approved.. imo

  3. #43
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,107
    She is either trying to get fired and get out of her contract, because the WWE are dicks are who have a hobby of forcibly trying to get talent to stay, or it's the neck injury option. Both look pretty bad for the WWE.

  4. #44
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    2,313
    Quote Originally Posted by Allystare View Post
    She is either trying to get fired and get out of her contract, because the WWE are dicks are who have a hobby of forcibly trying to get talent to stay, or it's the neck injury option. Both look pretty bad for the WWE.
    Yes, the deal where WWE was trying to split her and Del Rio up, true or not, did look back for the WWE. But getting popped twice in a row for Wellness, that's on Paige. No one is going to fault WWE for re-testing someone who recently failed their last test.

  5. #45
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,107
    Quote Originally Posted by Section ( 8 ) View Post
    Yes, the deal where WWE was trying to split her and Del Rio up, true or not, did look back for the WWE. But getting popped twice in a row for Wellness, that's on Paige. No one is going to fault WWE for re-testing someone who recently failed their last test.
    They only seem to 're-test' certain people though, while bending over backwards to write off violations for other people (I'm looking at you, Orton). Nothing surprising, big stars get preferential treatment, but still.

  6. #46
    I beat up Kong! Powder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    4,842
    Quote Originally Posted by Allystare View Post
    They only seem to 're-test' certain people though, while bending over backwards to write off violations for other people (I'm looking at you, Orton). Nothing surprising, big stars get preferential treatment, but still.
    Makes you think about Cena. With all of Cena's injuries, and his miraculously rapid healing times, makes you wonder if he ever took HGH. HGH does exactly that, helps muscles, tendons, etc all heal quicker than "normal".

    But I would bet that IF, and a huge IF Cena was ever discovered to take anything to violate the wellness policy it would be swept under the rug. The WWE can't afford to have Cena's name be ran through the mud. Orton is a top star, but he is NOT Cena.

  7. #47
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    4,043
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazyking View Post
    I'm not saying she's not trying to get fired but if you need a painkiller for a lingering neck injury, its kinda bullshit that it's not approved.. imo
    A talent has to have the drug prescribed, the prescription submitted to WWE's medical department and I believe that they also have to approve it. At any point in that process, if she was tested it's technically a fail.


    Quote Originally Posted by Powder View Post
    Makes you think about Cena. With all of Cena's injuries, and his miraculously rapid healing times, makes you wonder if he ever took HGH. HGH does exactly that, helps muscles, tendons, etc all heal quicker than "normal".

    But I would bet that IF, and a huge IF Cena was ever discovered to take anything to violate the wellness policy it would be swept under the rug. The WWE can't afford to have Cena's name be ran through the mud. Orton is a top star, but he is NOT Cena.
    The only problem with that conspiracy theory is that WWE is still a publicly traded company with a history of leaks. It's one thing to arrange things so that Cena doesn't get tested while he's on IR (or long enough afterwards that his system goes back to normal), that's clerical and scheduling bullshit. But it's another entirely to cover up test results.

    Covering up test results is the kind of thing that brings up memories of 2007 and tanks your stock price. It's the kind of thing that turns a board on the chairman and costs Vince his job. Unless Vince has plausible deniability and someone to hang out to dry, he'd be a fool to try and cover up drug test results.

  8. #48
    The Greatest of All Time LWO4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The AWA Territory
    Posts
    1,876
    I truly think Paige wants out. I think there is a good chance she returns home, and Del Rio leaves with her. I think Del Rio is actually smitten with her, and this might be a long term thing. It looks like he's chances in Mexico are drying up very quickly and he could get a good following in England. At first I thought she was a little girl in love with a guy who wouldn't love her back, but I think he's truly smitten and would follow her to England. I have no idea what the connection is, maybe it's a second generation wrestler thing, I'm not sure; but I think there is a bond there. But it's obvious she's trying to get fired.

    Has Vince McMahon Lost Confidence in Roman Reigns.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Section ( 8 ) View Post
    Yes, the deal where WWE was trying to split her and Del Rio up, true or not, did look back for the WWE. But getting popped twice in a row for Wellness, that's on Paige. No one is going to fault WWE for re-testing someone who recently failed their last test.
    It's more complicated than that. You can have a perfectly legit reason for using a substance, but if you don't file it with the Wellness Policy people in time then it doesn't matter. I don't know how believable Paige is to people here but that's what appears to have happened according to her and her family both times. It wasn't the drugs; it's that she didn't file the paperwork in time to do so. If that's true, then this goes from her being a junkie with an issue (which I don't believe to be the case anyway) to someone using a loophole to get out of a company that's keeping her there against her will. It's now time to see if she does it and I hope for both her and WWE's sake she does; I get that she's valuable to them but that won't be the case if things continue like this. Let her go, let her land on her feet and explore a possible business relationship again in a few years, when she'll still only be in her mid 20's and will potentially be a better performer than she is now.

    As for what LWO said, the only thing I disagree with is that I think Mexico is on the table for both of them. Del Rio and AAA are fine despite the whole stabbing fiasco and he should be appearing at their next show. He also appears to be associated somewhat with The Crash promotion in Tijuana and may or may not be helping the guys running that to get a few notable American names to appear (I know Ryback, Cody Rhodes and Jeff Hardy were all contacted and it's hard to buy Del Rio didn't at least help the two sides connect). So he'll be around and if Paige gets out she will be too. I know for a fact she was in the meetings with Del Rio when he negotiated with AAA and CMLL and the only reason neither side talked to her was because she's under WWE contract. If she isn't I definitely think she'd look into a deal that would allow her to freelance down there like Del Rio is doing, which would allow them to spend part of the time there and part of the time in the UK.


  10. #50
    Queen of Extreme Irishsara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    5,327
    Quote Originally Posted by meandi View Post
    Any conspiracy theories that she purposefully failed and that she's planning on failing a third so she can be fired?
    They dont HAVE to terminate the contract. I always thought the WWE gave itself a sole discretion way out where they can freeze the contract (and perhaps even activate that vicious illegal non-compete)

    But honestly, I think it is more likely she got hit by the mandatory unannounced follow-up testing from section C.

    It also makes no sense because Paige is getting neck surgery in a minute, so it would be stupid for her not to cash the WWE's downside checks while she is hurt. It isnt like they can job her out.
    Last edited by Irishsara; 10-11-2016 at 06:41 PM.

  11. #51
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,107
    Paige is apparently getting surgery soon. One of the problems is that the WWE doctors don't think she needs surgery, while her own doctor thinks she does. So she's going forward with it, though they likely won't pay for it. She does want to stay, to be on the WWE dough, while she's not wrestling (understandably), so we can rule out the 'she's purposely trying to get fired' theory.

  12. #52
    Don't WHAT? Me.
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Little Caesars Arena
    Posts
    4,620
    Speaking of procedures, apparently WWE believes so much that Paige isn't injured that they may not pay for the surgery.....add that Paige isn't getting paid because of the drug failure and I guess Papi is gonna be on an indy show near you VERY soon.

  13. #53
    Queen of Extreme Irishsara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    5,327
    Quote Originally Posted by phemom View Post
    Speaking of procedures, apparently WWE believes so much that Paige isn't injured that they may not pay for the surgery.....add that Paige isn't getting paid because of the drug failure and I guess Papi is gonna be on an indy show near you VERY soon.
    The issue isnt that she needs surgery, she does, but the WWE thinks it is just the one that Paige needs to shaved down calcium buildup, bone spurs, and some minor disk stuff but Paige has opted for a more extensive surgery to repair nerve and spinal damage and may involve spinal fusion. The WWE wants Paige to remove the spurs and portions of the discs because the recovery will be quicker (like what Kurt got back in the day) but Paige knows that she will almost definitely need the full one that Nikki got eventually so get it now where the WWE would comp it. Paige's personal doctor is Nikki Bella's doctor.
    Last edited by Irishsara; 10-15-2016 at 02:08 AM.

  14. #54
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    2,313
    I doubt any of this Paige drama, which now includes a marriage proposal, is going to be included in the Total Divas show...

    ...And that's huge mistake on E!'s part. All this insanity has be to more interesting than the other stuff they put on that show.

  15. #55
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    4,043
    Quote Originally Posted by Irishsara View Post
    The issue isnt that she needs surgery, she does, but the WWE thinks it is just the one that Paige needs to shaved down calcium buildup, bone spurs, and some minor disk stuff but Paige has opted for a more extensive surgery to repair nerve and spinal damage and may involve spinal fusion. The WWE wants Paige to remove the spurs and portions of the discs because the recovery will be quicker (like what Kurt got back in the day) but Paige knows that she will almost definitely need the full one that Nikki got eventually so get it now where the WWE would comp it. Paige's personal doctor is Nikki Bella's doctor.
    It's a tough call. WWE wants what's best for their wrestlers to get them back into the ring as soon as possible.

    The stuff ADR posted on Twitter make it seem pretty serious, but does it require surgery? Her doctor believes that it does, but a lot of doctors are too quick to propose surgery when there are other options. WWE's doctors seem happy to propose surgery on torn muscles/ligaments, but might not think that a 24-year-old needs an invasive neck surgery. A potentially career ending invasive neck surgery. Is it possible that time off, physio and maybe a minor surgery will fix things?

  16. #56
    Did it fix things for Kurt Angle long term? From where I'm standing Paige's scenario isn't that much different than Angle's, who back in 2003 had to choose between minor surgery on his neck that would've kept him out three months or a more invasive procedure that would've kept him out over a year. He chose the former, was back in three months and was gone two years later because WWE was afraid he was going to die from abusing painkillers (he also had numerous other drug and alcohol issues afterwards). I have no idea if Paige's injury is as serious as Kurt's, but I would reckon that time off, physio and minor surgery isn't going to fix everything and will just lead to her needing the surgery further down the road or worse puts her in a position similar to Angle, which is problematic considering WWE is suggesting currently that Paige is a potential drug addict. It's also worth pointing out that Paige's doctor is Nikki Bella's doctor and I don't seem to recall anyone questioning whether he was giving the correct diagnosis to her when she needed neck surgery earlier this year.

    In the end it's impossible to know. I don't trust either side; Paige is definitely trying to get out of WWE and will do anything to do so, while WWE will do anything to keep her there as long as possible while also trying to get her back as quickly as possible. They both have ulterior motives and both have agendas, which means that without definitive proof either way trusting either side to be correct is foolish. Thus I don't. I just hope that Paige is okay, that the two sides can get this shit resolved and everyone can move on. Simple as that.


  17. #57
    The WWE can't release Paige due to the bad PR it'd bring. I'd wager that's the only thing stopping them. If they release her now, it would appear to the general public as though the WWE is releasing her just for being injured and needing surgery. Guarantee that when that is no longer an issue, they will release her. OR they will release her prior to and will announce it as both mutual and amicable so that it's clear it was Paige's idea and not theirs. They're just waiting for the right opportunity to be businessmen.

  18. #58
    Queen of Extreme Irishsara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    5,327
    Quote Originally Posted by TimR View Post
    The WWE can't release Paige due to the bad PR it'd bring. I'd wager that's the only thing stopping them. If they release her now, it would appear to the general public as though the WWE is releasing her just for being injured and needing surgery. Guarantee that when that is no longer an issue, they will release her. OR they will release her prior to and will announce it as both mutual and amicable so that it's clear it was Paige's idea and not theirs. They're just waiting for the right opportunity to be businessmen.
    Why? Shes under contract. The WWE has her contract frozen (well they arent even paying her a downside right now). She is a year into a 3 year deal. Paige is one of the featured characters in the animated movie “Surfs Up 2: WaveMania” (set to be released in the spring of 2017). Her contract doesnt move if she doesnt work dates. Shes gonna do her time. She isnt going to Kurt Angle Vince. Unless she signs the Mysterio limited no compete, shes not going anywhere.

  19. #59
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    4,043
    Quote Originally Posted by Cult Icon View Post
    Did it fix things for Kurt Angle long term? From where I'm standing Paige's scenario isn't that much different than Angle's, who back in 2003 had to choose between minor surgery on his neck that would've kept him out three months or a more invasive procedure that would've kept him out over a year. He chose the former, was back in three months and was gone two years later because WWE was afraid he was going to die from abusing painkillers (he also had numerous other drug and alcohol issues afterwards). I have no idea if Paige's injury is as serious as Kurt's, but I would reckon that time off, physio and minor surgery isn't going to fix everything and will just lead to her needing the surgery further down the road or worse puts her in a position similar to Angle, which is problematic considering WWE is suggesting currently that Paige is a potential drug addict. It's also worth pointing out that Paige's doctor is Nikki Bella's doctor and I don't seem to recall anyone questioning whether he was giving the correct diagnosis to her when she needed neck surgery earlier this year.

    In the end it's impossible to know. I don't trust either side; Paige is definitely trying to get out of WWE and will do anything to do so, while WWE will do anything to keep her there as long as possible while also trying to get her back as quickly as possible. They both have ulterior motives and both have agendas, which means that without definitive proof either way trusting either side to be correct is foolish. Thus I don't. I just hope that Paige is okay, that the two sides can get this shit resolved and everyone can move on. Simple as that.
    Kurt was also a lot older than Paige with a decades long history of neck problems (including a broken freakin neck!).

    Who knows how bad Nikki's injury was compared to Paige's. It sounds like an injury in the same area, but when you're dealing with neck issues there is such an incredible range. By all accounts, Nikki's injury was so bad that it could have ended her career entirely. On top of that, Nikki is almost 10 years older than Paige.

    I think that WWE doctors are trying to avoid Paige having an incredibly invasive fusion surgery. That's a huge thing to have done, especially at 24. That's the kind of surgery that will impact you for the rest of your life. WWE's doctors are seemingly trying to get her to try another option and avoid a surgery if at all possible.

    If their way, which I thought focused on rehab rather than any surgery, doesn't work, then maybe a fusion is the answer. But it's not like Vince McMahon is standing in the room during her appointments being vindictive and telling WWE doctors not to recommend this procedure so that he can torture her. For a good doctor, cutting you open is the last resort.

    I don't really see any reason not to believe both sides completely. Doctors disagree. I don't know why ADR would tweet a false report. WWE doctors would face a malpractice suit if they were purposely holding back a necessary surgery, and a doctor who just preformed a successful surgery on one of his other patients might get a little quicker to recommend it for another with a similar, but less serious, issue. I really do think that it's as simple as two doctors disagreeing, but I don't blame WWE for not being willing to pay for a medical procedure that their doctors deem unnecessary.

    If she wants out that bad, she'll pop another test on purpose. Maybe she will. She's young and dumb and in love, so maybe she wants out bad enough that she's willing to burn bridges to get it. Or maybe WWE is right and she took something illegal, got caught and her family tried to cover for her.

  20. #60
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    3,607
    if Paige has a drug problem and fails a third test, that's not getting popped on purpose, that is someone with a serious problem not getting the help they need.

  21. #61
    But does she actually have a problem? I see everyone assuming she does, but aside from WWE's statement there's no evidence she does. On top of that, if Paige truly did have a problem and was in need of help, why haven't we heard of from Meltzer or any of the other dirt sheets about WWE requesting she go to rehab? Even if she declined, that's something we would've heard at least speculated about as WWE is known for helping past and present talent in paying for rehab stints to get clean. The fact that we've heard nothing on that leads me to believe that the whole "drug addict" angle either doesn't exist or is far overblown.

    But again, who knows? Like I said earlier, both sides have agendas, both sides have points and nothing yet provides a definitive answer.


  22. #62
    Broken Kleck Kleckamania's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    DELETE!!
    Posts
    1,374
    There is a TMZ interview with Paige and Del Rio where they ask her if she is looking to leave WWE like Del Rio did and she laughs incredulously at the notion. And it wasnt a fake laugh. She is getting a massive paycheck in WWE. Even if it is soul sucking to work there.

    I actually believe now that she wants to stay and WWE maybe wants her to go. They just need her to breach. And I'm sure she will. She is going down a dark path that has ruined a lot of careers, hopefully all it does to her is remotivate her when she is older. I'm sure Brian Kendrick or Jake Roberts could tell her all about that path. Though neither would be as resolute and determined now if they didnt go through that period in their lives. Paige has been sheltered her whole life. She's young, she just wants to be free for awhile. Hopefully it doesnt kill her.

  23. #63
    Again let me ask; what proof is there that she's going down a dark path? Because she's dating Del Rio? Because people have it in their heads that she's a drug addict, even though the only evidence we have of that is from WWE? I'm far from being the biggest Del Rio fan but the two of them are both adults and her choosing to be with him doesn't mean she's heading down a dark path. And as far as the drug addict speculation goes, all we have is WWE saying she failed a test for illegal drugs. That doesn't automatically mean she's addicted to cocaine, heroine or the works. Furthermore, if she were in fact a drug addict, then why have we not heard a damn thing about WWE reaching out to her about going to rehab to get clean? They've done that with numerous former and current talent in the past and yet there hasn't even been a whisper of WWE trying to get her to go (and that would be news that would help their case, especially if Paige declined to go). So if there's no word about them even suggesting it, then whatever she's going through can't be that bad. That or the WWE doesn't care, which I find very hard to believe considering all the trouble they went through to break them up.

    This is why jumping to conclusions is a terrible thing. We truly don't know if Paige is spiraling out of control, or if she's just a 24 year old in love doing things plenty of 24 year olds in love do; stupid shit. Silly me, I'm not ready to declare she's on a dark path. I need more than a bunch of conjecture and one side saying something before I buy that.


  24. #64
    Broken Kleck Kleckamania's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    DELETE!!
    Posts
    1,374
    Part of it is WWE going out of their way in airing out her dirty laundry in retort to her being cute on social media (emphasizing that she got popped for an illegal substance) and part of it, honestly, is her appearance and mannerisms as of late. She looks different. She walks, talks and acts different. She looks like she is using. Maybe Im wrong, but I grew up in a small town filled with drug use, and work in a field where I deal somewhat regularly with drug addiction/dependence. She looks like someone that is hooked on coke, to be completely blunt. And WWE sure as hell pushed hard as they could to break her and Del Rio up. That is pretty telling. They know Del Rio and yes, he has a history of being a bit wild. I do think WWE was initally trying to protect her, and it backfired big time, as she was already trying to break free from that kind of control from her family. And now her family and WWE are trying to prevent her from being with Del Rio, which means she will do the exact opposite no matter how strong her feelings are or aren't for him. She is going to be wild now literally to spite everyone who is trying to control her. She doesnt see it as them protecting her, she sees it like they dont trust her to make her own decisions.

    Maybe she isnt using regularly and the pop was a one time thing, or maybe WWE already knew she was using, and popped her intentionally to kind of passive aggressively point out that they know what is going down, and the shit needs to stop, or she'll be smoking brick weed in Mexico for a while on limited funding after she burns through her WWE money. Might just be speculation, but the signs are there.

  25. #65
    If that's true Kleck then why have we not heard anything about WWE offering to put Paige into rehab? That's why it doesn't make sense. If Paige is legit abusing drugs then one would figure that WWE, a company that's paid for numerous past and present employees to go to rehab in order to clean themselves up, would've at least offered to send her to a clinic. Not only that but given how easy it is to get information on this whole story one would also figure we'd have heard about an attempt by them to do so by now, even if the story ended with Paige declining. And yet nothing. And that's the problem I have with this story and people speculating that Paige is some out of control drug addict. If that were true, then why has no one heard anything yet about WWE trying to help Paige beat her addiction? The only answers one can give is that they a) don't care (which makes no sense given their track record with other performers) or b) she doesn't have a drug problem and the second failed test is far less a big deal than everyone thinks. I'm not saying that's the case and I'm not saying that she doesn't have a problem. But I'm also nowhere close to being ready to say she does when there's only one piece of evidence potentially pointing at it.


  26. #66
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    3,607
    Thing is, no "reporter" is going to say Paige is a coke addict, its one thing to speculate, another to write a headline and chance making yourself look bad. Maybe WWE isn't talking cause they don't want to torch Paige any further....who knows? Maybe she has no problem, no one wants their to be a problem... but before Del Rio, Paige had no issues with the wellness and now she has 2 in the matter of months?

    Look, even if she has no drug problem, there's something wrong if she's getting popped and not stopping what she's doing so she can keep her job.It is good money. Women don't get paid good money elsewhere really. If her injury is that bad where she needs the pain killers, in a normal situation, she would work it out with WWE to get them approved..

    Her behavior of late shows a lack of caring for her job if not her well being.. I don't think that can be disputed.

  27. #67
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The Island
    Posts
    64
    Didn't her own father publically condemn her relationship with Del Rio? Something clearly isn't quite right.

  28. #68
    I publicly condemn her relationship with Del Rio, honestly. It's not a relationship with me.

  29. #69
    Goldberg Rules!
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    West Saint Paul, MN
    Posts
    4,835
    You're holding out for Romo or Prescott.

  30. #70
    The Greatest of All Time LWO4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The AWA Territory
    Posts
    1,876
    Quote Originally Posted by Cult Icon View Post
    Again let me ask; what proof is there that she's going down a dark path? Because she's dating Del Rio? Because people have it in their heads that she's a drug addict, even though the only evidence we have of that is from WWE? I'm far from being the biggest Del Rio fan but the two of them are both adults and her choosing to be with him doesn't mean she's heading down a dark path. And as far as the drug addict speculation goes, all we have is WWE saying she failed a test for illegal drugs. That doesn't automatically mean she's addicted to cocaine, heroine or the works. Furthermore, if she were in fact a drug addict, then why have we not heard a damn thing about WWE reaching out to her about going to rehab to get clean? They've done that with numerous former and current talent in the past and yet there hasn't even been a whisper of WWE trying to get her to go (and that would be news that would help their case, especially if Paige declined to go). So if there's no word about them even suggesting it, then whatever she's going through can't be that bad. That or the WWE doesn't care, which I find very hard to believe considering all the trouble they went through to break them up.

    This is why jumping to conclusions is a terrible thing. We truly don't know if Paige is spiraling out of control, or if she's just a 24 year old in love doing things plenty of 24 year olds in love do; stupid shit. Silly me, I'm not ready to declare she's on a dark path. I need more than a bunch of conjecture and one side saying something before I buy that.
    Let's keep it real, people think she's going down a dark path because she's with a Mexican and most don't like this Mexican well they love Paige. It's what it is. But they are adults and you can only let adults do what adults so.

    Has Vince McMahon Lost Confidence in Roman Reigns.

  31. #71
    Broken Kleck Kleckamania's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    DELETE!!
    Posts
    1,374
    Quote Originally Posted by LWO4Life View Post
    Let's keep it real, people think she's going down a dark path because she's with a Mexican and most don't like this Mexican well they love Paige. It's what it is. But they are adults and you can only let adults do what adults so.
    I suspect a few people hate the pairing simply because they like Paige, but racist? Idk, maybe. I simply think Del Rio has a history of being a bit wild, plus he's still fucking married. The guy has been running around on his wife with quite a few girls in the industry before Paige. Doesn't really seem like he has her best intentions in mind. Having said that, I worry nearly as much for him! Paige seems a bit crazy to me. Like the kind that may chop your dick off, skin you, and wear your skin as a pantsuit if the relationship doesn't end well.

  32. #72
    I beat up Kong! Powder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    4,842
    Quote Originally Posted by Kleckamania View Post
    I suspect a few people hate the pairing simply because they like Paige, but racist? Idk, maybe. I simply think Del Rio has a history of being a bit wild, plus he's still fucking married. The guy has been running around on his wife with quite a few girls in the industry before Paige. Doesn't really seem like he has her best intentions in mind. Having said that, I worry nearly as much for him! Paige seems a bit crazy to me. Like the kind that may chop your dick off, skin you, and wear your skin as a pantsuit if the relationship doesn't end well.
    now that would make an awesome WWE character. Have Paige come back as the True Face of Fear: Sister Abigail wearing a pantsuit made from ADR's skin. Awesome.

  33. #73
    The Greatest of All Time LWO4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The AWA Territory
    Posts
    1,876
    Quote Originally Posted by Kleckamania View Post
    I suspect a few people hate the pairing simply because they like Paige, but racist? Idk, maybe. I simply think Del Rio has a history of being a bit wild, plus he's still fucking married. The guy has been running around on his wife with quite a few girls in the industry before Paige. Doesn't really seem like he has her best intentions in mind. Having said that, I worry nearly as much for him! Paige seems a bit crazy to me. Like the kind that may chop your dick off, skin you, and wear your skin as a pantsuit if the relationship doesn't end well.
    I do think that much of the dislike in Del Rio period seems to be from him being Mexican. I'm not even saying racism, most would counter with they liked Eddie Guerrero who was also Latino. But much of the fans online have expressed dislike for Chavo, Rey Mysterio, and basically other Mexican wrestlers not named Eddie Guerrero. When these wrestlers were on top of their game, they still got hate. So I've come to accept that most fans online have some subconscious prejudices. I wouldn't call it racism, racism is a VERY strong word that has to do with superiority. But people may hold judgements on Mexican or Latino wrestlers that makes it hard for them to relate to them, so therefore they do not like them.

    With Del Rio, talk of him being wild wasn't even a thing until he started dating Paige. Men online LOVE Paige. And so I think there is fear that this greasy Latino is going to ruin her, when she already had a very wild rep. Del Rio is known as a serial cheater to his wife, that has not been a secret at all, and his wife is also white. So I think it's easier for fans to hate on Del Rio, bring his personal life into it, and think he's ruining Paige. But in all honesty, Del Rio is basically doing what most the roster has done for years. Even the great Eddie Guerrero had a kid outside his marriage well still married to Vicky. In that case, the Guerrero's were separated, and in this case the Rodriquez family (Del Rio's real last name) is also separated. So I don't see what the big deal is. He's still making business moves, and nothing outside that weird stabbing case makes me think Del Rio is out of control. It's not like Jake where he's going to rehab. WWE isn't talking about sticking Paige into rehab. I do think it's a very, very unhealthy relationship, but two adults in a relationship is none of my business so I will only comment with that.


    Quote Originally Posted by Powder View Post
    now that would make an awesome WWE character. Have Paige come back as the True Face of Fear: Sister Abigail wearing a pantsuit made from ADR's skin. Awesome.
    HOLY! I can picture it too.

    Has Vince McMahon Lost Confidence in Roman Reigns.

  34. #74
    I beat up Kong! Powder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    4,842
    LWO, you know that I have hated ADR since his beginnings with the WWE so my dislike for him has nothing to do with his Heritage or him being Mexican. I simply hate the guy. He is all around terrible IMHO. What I find is very interesting is that the WWE Universe shit all over Roman Reigns for being the chosen one, and pushed to the moon, and they still will not fully accept him, yet they love ADR. He was pushed tremendously and a rocket was strapped to his ass over guys that deserved it. The WWE put the title on him for the tour of Mexico and killed his push and killed CM Punk's at the exact same time. Still the IWC and most of the WWE Universe love him.

    I just wish that he stays away for good this time.

    Also, I do not get the Paige love. She is not that pretty, and not that sexy. Same with Charlotte, she has a great body but no face.

    Sasha on the other hand.... and Becky.....

  35. #75
    The Greatest of All Time LWO4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The AWA Territory
    Posts
    1,876
    You know, I try to keep my experience between LOP and the rest of the IWC separate, as I keep coming back because it is different that the noise and garbage I see out in the general IWC. So I get what you say, kind of.

    What WWE did to Punk, I put that on Vince and Triple H. I think they wanted to keep John Cena on top, and the best way to do that was have Del Rio have the belt and eventually have Cena beat him at Survivor Series. When it was all happening it was very obvious they were trying to find a way to get the momentum Punk had, transfer it to Cena, then have Cena beat Del Rio. Del Rio was never the chosen one like Reigns was, he was a Vince favorite that Vince saw as a new person to sell to the southwest region well also having him put over Cena. Vince was tone deaf from the start, as even myself, a huge Del Rio fan, wouldn't have had Del Rio win the title from Punk. But that was a long time ago, and it has nothing to do with Del Rio and Paige's relationship. As for Reigns, I think at least Del Rio has the tools to be a transitional champion. I was all for Reigns at first, but I've turned on him because I don't see a big star. Not what WWE wants at least. They want the next Hogan, Cena, Rock, Austin, Bruno. Reigns at best is the next Edge, that's at best. So far he hasn't reached that ceiling.

    But I do think the normal fan thinks Paige as attractive. Most WWE women wrestlers have great bodies, that's their job, to have great athletic bodies. Biologically, it's what attracts men, as men are attracted to fit bodies which are healthy and produce healthy children. An older guy I use to work with who was once a scientist and eventually a tutor for high school students once said about men being attracted to women (he was talking about Christina Aguilera), "it's all biology, it's all biology." I personally think Paige is pretty, same with Charlotte. They are pretty girls who I may not like that body type, but I wouldn't say, oh, they ain't that sexy or whatever. I can get why men would be attracted to both. Becky, I'd put her in there too. Now women I did/do find really attractive, AJ Lee, Sasha, Mickie James! LOL

    Has Vince McMahon Lost Confidence in Roman Reigns.

  36. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by LWO4Life View Post
    I do think that much of the dislike in Del Rio period seems to be from him being Mexican. I'm not even saying racism, most would counter with they liked Eddie Guerrero who was also Latino. But much of the fans online have expressed dislike for Chavo, Rey Mysterio, and basically other Mexican wrestlers not named Eddie Guerrero. When these wrestlers were on top of their game, they still got hate. So I've come to accept that most fans online have some subconscious prejudices. I wouldn't call it racism, racism is a VERY strong word that has to do with superiority. But people may hold judgements on Mexican or Latino wrestlers that makes it hard for them to relate to them, so therefore they do not like them.

    With Del Rio, talk of him being wild wasn't even a thing until he started dating Paige. Men online LOVE Paige. And so I think there is fear that this greasy Latino is going to ruin her, when she already had a very wild rep. Del Rio is known as a serial cheater to his wife, that has not been a secret at all, and his wife is also white. So I think it's easier for fans to hate on Del Rio, bring his personal life into it, and think he's ruining Paige. But in all honesty, Del Rio is basically doing what most the roster has done for years. Even the great Eddie Guerrero had a kid outside his marriage well still married to Vicky. In that case, the Guerrero's were separated, and in this case the Rodriquez family (Del Rio's real last name) is also separated. So I don't see what the big deal is. He's still making business moves, and nothing outside that weird stabbing case makes me think Del Rio is out of control. It's not like Jake where he's going to rehab. WWE isn't talking about sticking Paige into rehab. I do think it's a very, very unhealthy relationship, but two adults in a relationship is none of my business so I will only comment with that.
    All of this. Like I said before, I'm no Del Rio defender in the slightest and it pleases me to no end that his decision to leave a place where he was getting paid well and used correctly for more money backfired spectacularly. But there's no question he's been blamed for a lot of stuff here that doesn't fit. I've never heard of him being a party prior to him getting with Paige, while Paige was known for having a wild streak to her. If anything she'd have been a bad influence on him. Meanwhile the whole "cheating" side of Del Rio is something people have known for ages (I believe Konnan referred to him months ago as the "Mexican James Bond") and something no one cared about until now. When Paige and Del Rio first started dating he was married then and everyone was tripping over themselves to say "they're adults, it's none of our business"; now a few months later everyone is tripping over themselves to make a big deal about how he's married, how Paige is a homewrecker and this and that. It's ridiculous and it's why I'm not believing half the stuff people are speculating.

    Here's something that isn't speculation; Paige did indeed have surgery today. No details yet on how serious of surgery it was or if WWE paid for it but it did indeed happen.


  37. #77
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    3,607
    I personally never had a dislike for Del Rio.. I thought he was a good worker who couldn't really connect on that next level. WWE wanted him to be bigger but he's not Eddie and no one is...Nothing to do with him being Mexican...

    I don't believe for a second that Paige is some innocent flower, nor do I care that ADR is still married technically and these aren't facts, just spec but i do really think something is wrong with Paige. Does that mean she needs to be saved from the evil Alberto? Fuck no, she's an adult, one who's been in the business all her life but my hope is that she's okay and she's not rushing into something just because she feels rebellious.

    Everything could be fine but if ADR loves Paige and she does have an issue? That's on him for enabling her problem.

  38. #78
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    2,313
    I went to watch one of Xavier Woods' UpUpDownDown videos....

    ...and well...


  39. #79
    Does anyone here (aside from Mourn) really not know what happened to Paige today? Or are we just ignoring it?


  40. #80
    Don't WHAT? Me.
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Little Caesars Arena
    Posts
    4,620
    Um.......I don't think there's any coming back from this Paige.

    Damn.

    (I didn't know anything about it until like 10 minutes ago because of my joy in #SRW)

    ...I don't think anyone in WWE has been caught out there like this.

    ....Brad is a cuck?!? Really fam....

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •