Thread: Well.. It's the Big Show (thread)

The Cool No. 9

Well.. It's the Big Show (thread)

Looks like my homey's back in that #1 contender spot.

Doesn't make sense for him to win the WWE title though. The Authority has momentum right now with Kane joining them and I don't see Orton's run stopping in 2013.

And the more chokeslams we see, the better. I think the one he put on Roman Reigns on Raw was nice.

The Brain
    My only fear is that we are likely to see another Big Show vs. Kane match before all is said and done... I like both guys, but that match never goes well.

It will be their 23rd televised singles match...

A Professional Sort Of
    It's likely to happen. Two bohemoths colliding one more time.

Granted, having two big guys against each other doesn't really promote much high flying, but a different style altogether.

I'm not having much hope for that match to surpass 2 stars.

Quote Originally Posted by mizfan View Post
    My only fear is that we are likely to see another Big Show vs. Kane match before all is said and done... I like both guys, but that match never goes well.
    C'mon, who can forget their classic technical match from several years ago?

The Cool No. 9
    Quote Originally Posted by mizfan View Post
    It will be their 23rd televised singles match...
    Are you serious? I don't doubt that at all.

I don't know how possible this is but in my opinion it'd be easier (and better) if Kane starts a world title feud with Cena, and maybe wins it. That way the Authority will have all the power with the WWE and world titles at least for a short time. I could see them going that way with it.
    Last edited by The Cool No. 9; 11-07-2013 at 10:29 PM.

Dario
    For fucks sake, keep Kane far away from Cena. Actually, keep everyone far away from him. He has gold, just let him be happy. Don't bother him.

The Cool No. 9
    Even if the alternative is Kane vs. Show?

Dead In The Flesh
    I wouldn't be so disappointed about him being in the WWE title match at Survivor Series if they used it as an excuse to make some excellent elimination matches. But they won't. They never do.

The Cool No. 9
    Yeah the whole Show becoming #1 contender thing caught me by surprise I thought he was going to be in an elimination match like Team Show vs. Team HHH or something.

Squared
    I don't know if Big Show is going to be an interesting enough topic of conversation to even finish our this first page, but what the hell, I've got a question to ask, and I'm gonna ask it.

Big Show is apparently off after hip surgery right now. He said earlier this year that he was probably going to hang up the boots in February 2018, when his full-time contract expires.

So, this there much chance of seeing Big Show before that date comes around? Is he done? Is he likely to have much of a role as an ambassador, could be be brought back as a special attraction, or do you think when he's done, he's just... done?

I haven't been a massive fan of Show's for some time now, if I'm honest, but it'll still be weird when he is gone. Dude was a huge deal during the Wars and the immediate aftermath.

Big Show should retire, but he should be given a chance to go out with a live mic, like the rest before him and receive the standing ovation that he deserves. He's earned that.

He should retire in February when his contract is up, and be inducted into the 2019 Hall of Fame. If not as the headliner, then the #2.

The Greatest of All Time LWO4Life's Avatar
    I think Show should go out at WM, extend him. Have him put over one last person (like he hasn't put over half the roster... LOL) and have him go out at Wrestlemania. He's a HoFer though, first year in my opinion.

Has Vince McMahon Lost Confidence in Roman Reigns.

Unless the WWE has Big Show return for the ARMBAR and have him win it again as one last thank you, then he retires on RAW the next day under the same umbrella as his debut. First billed as Andre's son, then winning the Andre Battle Royal (again).

The winner of that match is given a trophy and nothing else. It did nothing for Cesaro, Corbin, or Mojo, so let Big Show win it again.

Actually the Andre Battle Royal would be a perfect send off. Win or lose.

Has Vince McMahon Lost Confidence in Roman Reigns.

Squared
    I think if they put guys like Show into their HOF at the first opportunity they'd quickly run out of inductees people have heard of....

So, no one thinks Show should go out on his back then? Too big for the whole helped out thing? Better question, if that happened, would it even still give a rub to his vanquisher?

The Brain
    The latter part is probably more relevant. Big Show has jobbed to pretty much everyone over the years.

He should still go out on his back though. I'd say have Cesaro toss him around like a ragdoll, but WWE already did that and then fucked up the follow up...

I like the idea of being dumped out again in the battle royal. But they messed up the first time, so they better not screw it up again.