Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The John Cena Thread

Blunt Force Balls
    Anyone else think the product is an awful lot more entertaining without Cena?

The Brain
    It's certainly a breath of fresh air creatively. I haven't been a full blown Cena hater for years now, I appreciate some of the things he brings to the table, but it's not hard to admit even for a Cena fan that his usual booking cycle was long stale. Very much hoping WWE doesn't just fall back on it when he returns. Please no Orton/Cena at 'Mania...

I agree that creative has been working overtime, in a completely good way making compelling, and interesting storylines without John Cena. ratings may be taking a hit, but that is fully expected with the start of Monday Night Football. So he drop in the ratings cannot be held to the lack of Cena's presence alone, but the product is getting better without him.

When Cena does come back, I can only hope that he becomes part of the ongoing storyline, not the sole focus, which would kill it.

Blunt Force Balls
    Yeah, the best thing about Bryan in the role as lead face is he show's vulnerability- he's not Superman, which allows you to suspend your disbelief. It's hard to imagine the segment on Raw, where Orton beat Bryan down- to the point his fiance had to beg for him, despite Bryan throwing the first blow, happening with Cena in Bryan's position.

Oliver
    So, Cena's coming back early from his surgery to challenge Del Rio for the WHC. Guy must just laugh at whatever the doctors say is his return timeframe when he gets injured.

That's just the WWE propaganda machine working in full force. There is no way that Cena was actually scheduled to be out for 4-6 months.
    Last edited by Subho; 10-08-2013 at 07:46 AM.

Well at least they are keeping him away from the WWE title scene.

They kept him off because that would have made sense.

Cena facing ADR does kind of make sense though. Cena has a surgically repaired elbow, and he is facing a guy whose finisher is a cross arm breaker submission hold. If the WWE was smart, and they truly believe in *gasp* ADR, then have Cena submit to ADR's finisher. This could finally make ADR.

It also makes Cena look stupid. He is returning early from a tricep injury to face a guy that excels in attacking and injuring his opponents' arm.

And there is no way Cena is tapping out to ADR. Cena had the opportunity to put ADR over back in 2011, but we saw what happened. His return would hopefully be used to establish Sandow.
    Last edited by Subho; 10-08-2013 at 09:40 AM.

Back in 2011 ADR was still an experiment. And he failed, but this time around, no matter how much I hate him, is doing a much better job.

Ha! That is why I think 2011 was the best time to put him over. He would have been made then and there and possibly would have gotten over. Now, no matter how great his matches are (I've been enjoying them myself) his character is already stale (if it wasn't in 2012) and a failed face push has really affected him. But I have to agree that he's better as a champion rather than chasing it.

Don't WHAT? Me.
    I have a question for the older folk...

I'm only 29, so during the Hulkamania days I was a child. So every event & story seemed big to me.

When Hulk was gone, like during the Macho Man reign.....did rating drop everywhere & everyone go into panic mode like when Cena is away? No snark, honest question.

Mom....In the Hogan era, from 83 - 93, I was 8 - 18. I cannot honestly tell you if ratings took a dive when Hogan was away, but everything was much different then. Yes, the entire main event scene was built around Hogan, and he was THE FACE of the company, he was the icon, in the forefront etc. BUT the main difference was that the lower tier (midcard, IC and tag teams) wrestlers were hugely over as well. I can tell you that the Hart Foundation, the Foreign Legion (Shiek and Volkoff) the Killer B's, Tito Santana, Rick Martel, The Rockers, Macho, DiBiasi, Demolition, Big Boss Man, Warrior, Earthquake, Tugboat etc all had their place and they were the ones you saw on TV every week. And they had their own action figure, pillow buddies, and all were treated as equals on TV, with each given appropriate TV time, and storylines. Each performer knew that they were going to be given a push.

There was also no RAW or Smackdown. What we had was Saturday morning superstars, and another program to watch. And Hogan NEVER wrestled on the weekly TV shows. All he ever did was cut pre-taped promos. And the TV wrestlers only faced jobbers (Barry Horrowitz, Barry O (Orton's uncle), Steve Lombardi, Iron Mike Sharpe etc). We all knew the stars were going to win, but we got to see our favorites wrestle on TV.

The only time we saw Hogan wrestle on TV was on Saturday Night's Main Event. Those 3-4 "TV PPVs" were absolutely huge. I remember that everyone would watch those. There were also no PPVs, only WrestleMania, then eventually SummerSlam and Survivor Series. Then when RAW came around, is when the monthly PPV happened. And we got to see all our favorite in prime time. But the first few years of RAW was still big name talent facing jobbers. Only later on did the WWE drop the jobbers, and then we got to see matches that were better.

So my guess is ratings were good not spectacular, but good enough to keep it in the air, because it was all we had.

But my best guess to why ratings matter so much now, is a direct result of the Attitude Era and the Monday Night Wars. The ratings for both shows were off the charts and advertisers were flocking in droves to come aboard. And like any and all businesses, once you hit your apex, you constantly drive to reach that level once again. The problem with the current ratings, is that the WWE got really complacent in having the product for the past few years become the John Cena show, with out competition to drive other storylines. So if/when he went away, there was no one to take his place, and the lower ratings fell further. If the WWE had a solid all around card and pushed talent on different levels like they did during the Hogan Era and the Attitude Era, they would not have the problem that they do not, in trying to fix the problem retroactively.

If/when Hogan left there were others to slide into his spot i.e. Macho and Warrior. In the Attitude Era there was Austin, Rock, HBK (for a time) Taker, Kane, Foley, HHH, Angle etc, that all filled in for the top spot when someone got injured or filmed a movie. They WWE was not centered around one and only one performer. The WWF/E champ was the top dog, but the show did not solely revolve around him.

The WWE could prevent this in the future if they build up credible talent on their existing roster. They have talented performers that just need the push. They all do not need to be main event level superstars, but given the opportunity, or injury, the WWE would not have to scramble.

Right now Bryan is hugely over, and so is Punk. They could take Cena's place if the WWE would not screw up their positions. The Miz, Ziggler, The Shield, Cody, even Kofi, ADR *gasp*, Sandow etc all could be built up to be maineventers or top tier midcarders, but the WWE keeps them down. I am not saying that Cody should jump into the WWE title picture right now, but he could be a hugely over face and vie for the IC or US title and be build up strong. Not losing while retaining the belt.

As Pen usually suggests, the WWE owns all or most of the libraries of the past 50+ years of prowrestling. They can look to their past to see how midcarders are to be treated and pushed. Same with the tag division. Not everyone will be world champ, and that is ok, but to have a 3 hour show, which revolves around 1-2 storylines is terrible. They could have all WWE titles given their own storylines and be interesting.

Look, in the Attitude Era, the IC and Tag Title title feuds were amazing and compelling. Austin/Rock/HHH all had an awesome fued(s) over he IC belt, and it established them all as potential mainevent players. Now they belts mean nothing and who hold the midcard belt is still nothing more than a glorified jobber. Even the nEurpoean and hardcore belts were treated better than the the midcard belts today. How many times does the US or IC champ lose matches? Why? What does that do for the champ? Keep the IC and US feuds in the midcard, but treat them at legit titles. That is why, IMO the ratings suck. Outside of the NewCorp and Punk/Heyman storylines, there is absolutely nothing else. ON A THREE HOUR SHOW! Back 15 years ago, on a two hour show, we got more.

Quote Originally Posted by Blunt Force Balls View Post
    Anyone else think the product is an awful lot more entertaining without Cena?
    It's refreshing. I never hated Cena, but his face needed a rest from being on tv every week.

Cena will win the WHC, win the Royal Rumble as WHC, and unify the belts at WM 30.

^ This was my first thought, BUT I always come back to the "Two Touring Brands" thing.

If there is only one World Title and let's say its on the RAW tour, what headlines the Smackdown tour?

Years ago, one could argue that you could have The Champ on one show and DX or the Undertaker on the opposite tour. In fact, I believe that WAS what was going on for at least a short stretch of time.

But nowadays, the only way I think it would work is to have the Champ on one show and Bryan & Punk on the other - and how long can that really last? How much of a draw will they really be?

If I were the WWE, I'd be skeptical about dropping a World Title when having 2 has probably gotten them out of some jams in terms of house show bookings in the past.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    ^ This was my first thought, BUT I always come back to the "Two Touring Brands" thing.

If there is only one World Title and let's say its on the RAW tour, what headlines the Smackdown tour?

Years ago, one could argue that you could have The Champ on one show and DX or the Undertaker on the opposite tour. In fact, I believe that WAS what was going on for at least a short stretch of time.

But nowadays, the only way I think it would work is to have the Champ on one show and Bryan & Punk on the other - and how long can that really last? How much of a draw will they really be?

If I were the WWE, I'd be skeptical about dropping a World Title when having 2 has probably gotten them out of some jams in terms of house show bookings in the past.
    Gotta agree with this. But there has to be some format that would work. What are they doing now with, essentially, only one World title (holy shit, it just dawned on me that ADR is the top Champion in the WWE right now)?

What's interesting is that they probably could make it work by dropping one title and having Cena as the top draw on one tour with the Champion on the other.

I wonder how much of a draw a Champion really is, though. On their last swing through these parts, they didn't have either champ on the card. The main was Ryback vs Jericho (if I'm being honest, I don't think that they even announced a card in advance). Of course, the real main event was Team Rhodes Scholars vs NAO w/ HBK that happened earlier in the night.

It's a tough one and I think it might even be one of the reasons that they seem to be trying to build another genuine drawing babyface.

I see no real reason to merge the championships, but it is easily possible to have 2 touring groups with only 1 champion. The problem is that it will take the extra effort to promote these shows better ahead of time, and develop top draws. Would anyone really go as far as to call Daniel Bryan a top draw? Or CM Punk? I know I'll pay to watch them headline, but the few numbers we do get publicized shows I'm in the minority.

With the main event titles merged, there would need to be even more care into the tag division, and possibly have the tag titles headline the B group. The Shield vs Rhodes is the type of match that could headline for the rest of October, but with the way TV moves storylines forward so quickly, would it work in November? It seems straight forward for us armchair quarterbacks, but it's a lot harder in reality. The extra title makes it easier to accomplish without the extra effort. Sad, but true.

Super Moderator
    Again, though, how much of a draw is the Championship?

The fans of the show, the ones most likely to be reached by advertisements, are going to recognize the names of the stars schedule to be attending. I guess "World Heavyweight Champion" might draw in some non-fans or fans that have dropped off or fan from 25 years ago that used to watch with their parents, or someone who thinks that it's a UFC event and wanders in accidentally.

The sight of a guy with a big belt on a poster or a TV spot will catch attention, no doubt, but I don't think that they really use posters anymore and from what I've seen most of their TV spots are during the broadcast of Raw/Smackdown (again, only hitting the audience that you already have). And really though, those giant airbrushed trucks that roll through town with John Cena holding the WWE Title are a better advertisement than 1000 posters with Alberto Del Rio holding the WHC, whether Cena is currently champ (or even on the card) or not.

If my experience in dealing with them for their last house show is any indication, if smaller markets where they're unsure as to what ticket sales are going to look like, they try to spend nothing on advertising. They (the regional promoter that they were using) sent us some graphics to use on Facebook to promote for them and bought a few radio spots the week before the event. Otherwise, it seems that they expected the TV ads during their shows, word-of-mouth would be fine and that the arena itself would do all the work.

It isn't just about how many number of fans can the Championship by itself draw in. It's a matter of the Championship giving a sense of coherency and structure to the show. Sure, it's Sports Entertainment, but it's still partly a pseudo-sport isn't it? There should be a prize or something that they are fighting for. If you take away the WHC, then what is the top prize, in terms of storyline and structure, on SD? The US or the IC belts? Which have long been discredited and sort of relegated to lowly prize status? I don't know what the lack of the WHC on SD will do in terms of drawing -- but it's sort of irrelevant, it will affect the show in a storyline/structural/logical sense in a very real and bad way.

The Brain
    Man, I really like the idea of heading up the B tour with the tag belts. I always thought they should be the 2nd biggest titles in the company, considering they are the only belts that are truly in a separate division from the others (Divas excluded, of course). As in, the tag champs should be the team that is best in the world at tag wrestling, just as the WWE champ is supposed to be the best singles wrestler in the world. That's really the whole idea of championships, so to me it makes a lot of sense to have the tag division lead the 2nd tour. I think they would need to do a lot more work to have it be an effective draw long term, but it definitely could be done.

That said, seems more likely to use Cena as the secondary draw and continue revolving the WWE title around Bryan, Orton, possibly Show, possibly Punk, or whoever else gets involved in the current A storyline.

It's that time of year where more and more people suggest a Cena heel turn. I still don't get it. It looks like he is headed towards a Wrestlemania match with a midcard heel. To me, that's early proof that he can take a step back at times without a full turn. Aside from that, he takes on faces, heels, tweeners, it makes no difference. A popular idea is for Cena to join up with the authority and put Daniel Bryan over. He just put Bryan over at Summerslam as a face. Not only is that a bigger deal but Batista would fit that role much better and would be a fresh challenge. I'll probably never think the time is right but it certainly isn't now.

Not that the timing is right but WWE is in a major need of more heels. Hard to get a face over when the heels suck. it's frustrating because Cena could be a great heel.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieMac View Post
    It's that time of year where more and more people suggest a Cena heel turn. I still don't get it. It looks like he is headed towards a Wrestlemania match with a midcard heel. To me, that's early proof that he can take a step back at times without a full turn. Aside from that, he takes on faces, heels, tweeners, it makes no difference. A popular idea is for Cena to join up with the authority and put Daniel Bryan over. He just put Bryan over at Summerslam as a face. Not only is that a bigger deal but Batista would fit that role much better and would be a fresh challenge. I'll probably never think the time is right but it certainly isn't now.
    Why did you avoid my post covering this subject where it blew up in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by PEN15 View Post
    Hylton, while I'm not 100% a Cena heel turn, I think your reasons are bullshit. Most heel turns happen out of surprise, or when most of the audience does not want to see it. Was there ever a clamoring for Andre to turn heel? Or Rocky in 1998? No, they were massive and successful faces who used the heel turn to rejuvenate their careers. And if anyone in WWE needs rejuvenating, it's John Cena.

I understand the risk of not wanting to lose the face of the company without having a solid back up plan. Yet, in 2001, when Austin turned heel, who was around to be his main adversary?
    No one. Austin was so hated that the fans were ready to cheer for Jericho and Benoit, midcard guys at the time. And Austin's heel turn wasn't a great success, but somehow the fans still found new heroes.

With a strong villain, you can actually operate with average face stars. Flair's success in the 80s was that he was so hated that the NWA fans got behind everyone who had a chance to dethrone him, be it tag team guys like Ricky Morton, or genuine threats like Lex Luger.

When I think of John Cena turning heel, I truly wonder how many fans might tune back in. While in 2014, I highly doubt Cena is driving anyone away, I'm fairly confident that many fans have given up on WWE because of Cena since 2005. The ratings and other numbers show that. Cena might be their top draw, but he's also been the face of the company while it was going downhill. I'm not saying he's a failure in the same vein that you say Raw slumped with Punk as champion. I just think that the numbers show that over the time he was at the top, more and more people slipped away, with a high possibility that he was the cause of it.

At this point, the number slippage has plateaued, but so has his career. WrestleMania is generally one of the events that can bring people back in after not watching for a while. Barring the idea that Cena would refuse to do it, and the Make a Wish Foundation appearances, there is no good reason not to turn him heel at an event like Wrestlemania, or the night after. I'm not saying you need to shock for the sake of it, but the post-Mania Raw is usually a big one with a shock value. Cena turning heel would most likely resonate in the world of wrestling even more than the return of Brock in 2012, and definitely more than Ryback's attack last year. Cena turning heel would help the entire card in some fashion. I would even repeat a lot of the 2001 Austin turn by siding Cena with HHH and the Authority. If there is anyone that can be the type of heel to ensure no one boos Botoxta anymore, it's John Cena.

As for merch, I really don't think there's any question that the fans will just buy someone else's stuff. As much? Maybe not a single person, but if you have a face dynamic of Batista, Punk, Bryan, Ziggler, and Reigns going into the summer of 2014, I think the 5 of them together will do a decent job.

No matter what, it's wrong to depend on one man as much as WWE does, because eventually he'll be gone. You need to capitalize on the right times when they come by. This year might be the best time.

Quote Originally Posted by PEN15 View Post
    Why did you avoid my post covering this subject where it blew up in the first place?
    I saw it obviously. I just didn't want to derail the Punk thread.

I don't think WWE needs Cena as a top face or for merchandise or any of that stuff. I just don't think turning him heel will add a lot to the product. It would certainly gain some attention in the short term but I don't see it bringing many fans back. They might come back to check out this "Yes! movement" but it's not as if they won't order Wrestlemania because Cena is in the middle of the card facing Bray Wyatt. At the end of the day, if he does turn, the kiddies will boo and I have no doubts that he'll be so good at what he does that people will begin cheering for him in six months. (if it takes that long) John Cena is entirely unique. Until he stops getting reactions, good or bad, I wouldn't mess with him. In the next few years, I think of him taking on the Shawn Michaels roll.

Maybe it's just a personal preference. I hated the Austin heel turn, which you referenced.

OK, that's fair. But what you're suggesting seems rather bland and boring: let him continue as is, but with lesser valued angles and opponents? Is that really the option you think is best?

I think you're right in saying that a heel turn wouldn't last long until he's a cool heel being cheered. So what? At least take those 6 months and use them for something interesting, if only to elevate Daniel Bryan. Losing to Bryan at SummerSlam was huge, but is largely moot at this point. Is there any doubt that Cena is still above him in the rankings? It was a one-off match that had no real storyline going into it other than Bryan wanting the chance to prove himself. I know there was more to it, but this is what it boiled down to. And once the match was over, WWE forgot about it. Giving them a better rivalry where Cena is the heel will definitely be more memorable.

There's no secret WWE is lacking top heels. The #1 right now isn't even a wrestler, he's a COO who hasn't been in the ring for almost a year. #2 is Orton who will need new direction once he loses the title between now and Mania. Who's #3? Del Rio? The Real Americans? Rollins and Ambrose?

Someone is most likely turning heel soon, and Sheamus or Botoxta won't be great choices. I don't think either of them are ready to be turned and be the top heel. They are top guys, but they just returned and need some momentum. I didn't expect this to be needed for Batista, but his first week was beyond shitty, so all bets are off. Something needs to be done.

That would leave Cena, Punk and Bryan, and Cena makes the most sense. It would have the most impact, and the other 2 (if Punk is still onboard) are recent heels who are riding strong waves as faces right now. Cena is not. Cena is very much in the same position Hogan was in before Bash at the Beach 1996.

I didn't love the Austin heel turn either, but it wasn't because Austin couldn't be a heel. He was an amazing heel, but was booked terribly.

Not only that, Orton and Del rio are the only ones I'd say are disliked but more in the go away type of heat. There is no heel that you even love to hate or a guy that's a badass monster heel like Henry was. If Cena turned heel, he could run around, playing up being SuperCena and no sell like everyone lol.

I don't know what I'd do but give me some heels that people really care to see get their ass kicked or at least enjoy.

I would say that Orton is getting legit heat. The problem in 2014 is that the line is so fine between legit heat, X Pac heat, and heel so good he gets cheered. It's very tough to get legit heat in the Reality Era, but I think Orton is doing an amazing job so far.

Meh maybe it's just me but I just can't take him seriously when his balls have been cut off and he's basically a corporate lackey.

Precisely.

McDaygo
    So my question is this:

If (or when) Cena finally does turn heel; does anyone here believe it will have the same impact on the wrestling world that Hogan made when he first became Hollywood Hogan?

Don't WHAT? Me.
    Only if it doesn't leak beforehand, and (more importantly) puts a new face over. If Cena went heel on Kofi or Cody or Big E. as champ and then at some point lost to them, then yes I would be big for the WWE.

I don't think anything will have the NWO impact because there was a legit competitor to WWE....but if done shockingly and correctly it could be the biggest thing in US wrestling in a long time.

If Cena could never be as big as a face superstar as Hogan, then I don't see how that would change with a heel turn. And it's not even Cena's fault in the slightest. By all accounts he's a thousand times better human being than Hogan. It's just where the wrestling world is right now. It's only cool to like wrestling if you were already cool to begin with (i.e. celebrities).
    I think it's awesome that the word lisp has an "s" in it.

I also think unlike the Hogan turn, the fans would be more snarky/know it all about Cena.. There will be fans who will automatically cheer for him just because of the heel turn.. Plus, it wouldn't be as shocking as Hogan's turn.

DBPanterA
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazyking View Post
    I also think unlike the Hogan turn, the fans would be more snarky/know it all about Cena.. There will be fans who will automatically cheer for him just because of the heel turn.. Plus, it wouldn't be as shocking as Hogan's turn.
    The only thing I will add in regards to Hogan is that I feel a lot of people don't always take into consideration the environment at that time. Vince was not in a good financial situation after being on trial for steroid distribution and many of the WWF wrestlers left. The fans of WCW really disliked Hogan from the very beginning because he was from "up north" and they knew Turner opened the Brinks truck to please Hogan. I actually just watched on youtube Hogan vs. Sting (a face/face match to hype the PPV World War 3 one week later) from November 20, 1995 (8 months before the creation of NWO) and even then the fans were booing him in a way you don't see with Cena. Cena is polarizing, and yes a significant portion of the fans don't like him, but Cena doesn't generate that animosity that Hogan did in WCW.

I personally think Cena will never become a legitimate heel. Being an uber dork I watch Total Divas and he said at one point that too many people depend on him for him to change when Nikki was being a stupid spoiled whore telling him she wants to get married. I read into that comment as not only does he need to do this for his family, but also for all the sick kids.

SoulPhoenix316
    Just a random little note, Cena's been cast in the new Judd Apatow movie, Trainwreck, so expect the commentators to start bringing that up roughly every 20 seconds starting Monday

Hylton
    They can put it on the WWE App and show it when they're showing us how to download the WWE App to watch the WWE Network on the WWE App.

Speaking of which, I tried to download the WWE App yesterday but apparently you can't on a rotary phone. Stupid WWE.

Quote Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
    Speaking of which, I tried to download the WWE App yesterday but apparently you can't on a rotary phone. Stupid WWE.
    You can make it work, but you gotta get the Zack Morris Cell Phone adapter.
    I think it's awesome that the word lisp has an "s" in it.

A Professional Sort Of
    John Cena is in a Trainwreck.

Then he makes a comeback and pins the train one, two, th...

Kickout by the train.

Train loses by countout when it starts rolling on the tracks again.

Seriously, WWE what are you waiting for? The Time is NOW! (couldn't help myself) for a Cena heel turn. All they have to do is look to the past. In 1994-1996 Hulk Hogan's superman in peril superhuman face gimmick was wearing thin and the fans starting booing him. Real boos, real heat. Then out of no where, in the best twist in all of Sports Entertainment, Hogan turned heel, and it worked!

I know, I know that since 2005, Cena has been "the most polarizing man in the WWE" and he has gotten booed all the time. But over the past few months, more in the past few weeks, and especially last night, Cena has been, and was treated like a heel. I would even go as far and say that the boos that Cena received last night were in the similar fashion to the boos that Batista is getting. They are not the same, as Batista's boos are for different reasons, and his are justified, but the crowds are booing Cena, because they are tired of his act. They want something different. The Universe is asking/no telling you they do. The Universe respects Cena, unlike Batista, and all they want is something different with the character.

Before anyone jumps down my throat, I know that NYC (Brooklyn) is a traditionally smarky crowd, and they showed it, but that still does not change the fact that crowds are liking the SuperCena gimmick less and less. I believe that the heat that Cena was getting last night was for two reasons. 1. The fans are really loving the Bray Wyatt/Wyatt Family gimmick and they are cheering for them to show their support and 2. They are just really sick of the SuperCena gimmick, 10 years is enough of it.

One of the biggest arguments against the proposed Cena heel turn is "who will take his place" as the top face? The answer is simple, Daniel Bryan. Bryan already is the top face, with the biggest pops, and WrestleMania has been fixed and is now centered around him and his WWE WHC title chase. Bryan can and will have a lengthy face run as the top face of the company, and there still is another person on the roster that has the potential to become the next face of the company. And as we all have suggested (including the WWE) the next "Cena" could be Roman Reigns. Given another year being built up correctly, Reings will be seasoned enough to jump up to be the main event level superface.

Look, I know we all are smarky enough to know what a Cena heel turn would/could mean for the entertainment factor, but what about the secondary, but not less important factor? That by turning Cena heel, he would elevate the younger talent already on the roster. The main purpose of a heel is to torment the face he is feuding with, and eventually lose the feud to put over the face. Now imagine if we had the superstar talent of John Cena as a heel feuding with and putting over the future of the business. I know, it seems too good to be true. Character development, and a look to the future all in one great move.

With that being said, I do not want a revival of the nWo storyline, where after Hogan turned heel, he was the main focus of the show. While a Cena heel turn would be ground breaking, and a HUGE story, it does not mean that Cena should then win back the WWE WHC right away and go on a year long title reign. Cena should feud with Bryan over the belt, and maybe take it off of him, but he should lose it back to Bryan, thus cementing Bryan's face run, and passing the torch.

A heel Cena can feud with the following, and by doing so, elevate their status.

Daniel Bryan
    All three member of the Shield, but especially Reigns
    Ziggler
    Big E
    Cesaro
    Sheamus
    Zack Ryder - yes Ryder. He has untapped potential. All he needs is a push and a chance. And by feuding with Cena could be jus that, especially if he comes out on top.
    Last edited by Powder; 03-25-2014 at 08:57 AM.