Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: AAA/CMLL/General Lucha Libre

AAA is live here and CMLL is live here. Enjoy your lucha!

The Brain
    Seeing that new Tito Santana on match listing has fooled me, like, 3 times now. I'm a big fan of the original and I keep getting excited thinking he might still be good somehow. He does still wrestle once in a while!

Is the new one any good, Cult?

Personally I think so. I like Poder del Notre as a whole honestly; them being in AAA however means there's only so much they can show before the overbooking takes over. But yeah, he's a good hand as are Brava and Cota. Some of the matches they had with Aerostar, Drago in Raptor over the summer were quite good.

While I'm here, friendly reminder that CMLL is in Arena Puebla tonight with Atlantis vs. Ultimo Guerrero! Show begins at 10 p.m. EST with that match probably going on around 12. I'll post the video when the show begins.

The Brain
    Love the Ultimo/Atlantis match from last year, if this is as good as that one it's gonna be a great show!

CMLL is live!

Has Dragon Lee got himself in the match yet?

No but Puebla locals Asturiano and Astro are having two great performances right now while teaming with CMLL's Black Tiger.

Well in that case I think we both know who I'm going for in the main.

The Greatest of All Time LWO4Life's Avatar
    I love a rudo trios team. Mephisto, Luciferno and Ephesto does it for me.

Edit: most times I think mask stealing is pointless unless it's a match. But that was well done to continue this feud.

Oh here's Atlantis!!!
    Last edited by LWO4Life; 02-13-2018 at 12:44 AM.

Yes!!!!

The Brain
    Man, I pretty much always mark out for mask attacks/theft. Maybe if I watch long enough it'll get passe, but right now it feels important to me every time.

Mask stealing, I've always like to be more important. Like when I saw AAA 2 weeks ago, they stole 2 mask at the end of the show, cool, but then the dark match was Psycho Clown's mask stealing, and after all three mask stealings, they walked out with their mask back. Maybe AAA just filmed it wrong. Last night was well done, Mephisto tied Soberano's mask around him and the camera just cut away and they set up a one on one match. Nice. I will be honest, maybe it was AAA overload in the 90's, 00's, but yeah, mask stealing did get passe, but I still mark out when it's done right.

CMLL on right now! Not as interesting a card as yesterday but hey; you never know!

Shame about the semi main result. Thought it was quite a lot of fun and best on the card.

The Brain
    Quote Originally Posted by LWO4Life View Post
    Mask stealing, I've always like to be more important. Like when I saw AAA 2 weeks ago, they stole 2 mask at the end of the show, cool, but then the dark match was Psycho Clown's mask stealing, and after all three mask stealings, they walked out with their mask back. Maybe AAA just filmed it wrong. Last night was well done, Mephisto tied Soberano's mask around him and the camera just cut away and they set up a one on one match. Nice. I will be honest, maybe it was AAA overload in the 90's, 00's, but yeah, mask stealing did get passe, but I still mark out when it's done right.
    Maybe it hasn't gotten old for me because I don't watch much AAA... that is a lot of mask stealing for one show, for sure!

Yeah, I will go into my renewed Lucha watching cleansed of my old AAA bias. I like what I've seen from CMLL since I discovered their streaming on YouTube. I will start to tell myself that AAA is TNA, and let it be the hot mess that it is, and I will go into CMLL with clear eyes. In the mid-2000's, I only watched bits and pieces of CMLL, especially Dos Caras Jr and his matches witth Shocker and Ultimo Guerrero. I do have to admit that I didn't watch whole shows the way I did AAA back in the day, and since kids I've fallen off. But with now with my kids old enough to not need 24 care, I've watched a lot, and like what I've seen with CMLL. I will give them a fresh pair of eyes.

Looks like CMLL is canceled today. :-(

So guess it's time to give AAA another chance. It's funny, growing up with AAA, it's like if someone started watching WCW during the nWo and now AAA is like WCW during the Russo months. But I promise to give them a renewed look. In some ways I still have a HUGE soft spot for them, as they were my introduction to lucha libre and had all the stars. CMLL didn't do TV in the US Spanish stations, but AAA did. So I'll give them one more chance, and plus I always look forward to seeing Hijo de Fantasma!

Probably a good thing CMLL cancelled. Better to be safe.

Squared
    Quote Originally Posted by Cult Icon View Post
    But now, it's time for Prime to learn more lucha...
    I know of the show but never followed that up into actually seeing it, so this was still new to me. I liked it. Didn't think it was perfect or MOTY or anything but definitely liked it. I got the impression that if I was watching in sequence and with a real investment in what was happening I'd have been really into it. May not have even noticed the bits I didn't like with that extra to put it over the top.

One thing I can say is that in both of the matches you have shown me that he has featured in, I have liked El Hijo Del Santo's work, so that's kinda cool. Someone to base any further digging around, perhaps.

So yeah, that's three, and I'm a man of my world. Clearly just the new stuff I can't buy into, and Lucha certainly isn't alone in that. This older stuff has been consistently fine with me.

@lopprimetime

Quote Originally Posted by Eddieg2005 View Post
    Probably a good thing CMLL cancelled. Better to be safe.
    To be honest, yeah. Better to get the building fully inspected, which they are doing right now, and see if there was damage, than just run the show.

I maybe bias, but the best Lucha is AAA in the early 90's. But something more recent, that I think now American fans roll their eyes, is Dos Caras Jr. from CMLL in the mid-2000's. Here goes Dos Caras Jr. teaming with Mistico and Shocker, then going... Well you'll have to see.

https://youtu.be/JXVITm9G1O4