Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: "YES! YES! YES!" The Daniel Bryan Thread

I don't believe it'll happen. But I can see the scenario in how it plays out and how he enters.

Squared
    Ignoring the talk of an in-ring return for a minute, does anyone believe the hype about a Bryan heel turn and if so who sees it working?

@lopprimetime

I don't see the point of it if he can't take a bump.

I'm going to go with "definitely won't work." The WWE's rate of success with turning their major babyfaces heel - think Austin, think Michaels in the 2005 build to the match with Hogan, think even The Rock during his "Hollywood" phase - have never been incredibly successful and, in many cases, the characters in question were swiftly turned back to being faces by the crowd.

With Bryan, I'd expect the same thing. So, you turn him heel and have him start helping villains win. Fine. But that would also usually go hand-in-hand with getting more mic time to explain his actions and Bryan doing heel mic work as a "spoiler" trying to get revenge against Shane McMahon and the company that won't medically clear him is going to get him cheered by a sizable portion of the audience.
    You wanted the best, you got this instead -

http://kwangtheblog.blogspot.com

My one-stop blog spot for full reviews of wrestling pay-per-views, TV supercards, and Network Specials.

Which is why I don't think they've done it sooner when they could have and the only reason to it is to try to lessen Bryan's value on the open market... which I don't think would effect it at all given his base of fans.

The Brain
    Heel Bryan is just... such a stupid idea. Don't get me wrong, he can play a great heel, but yeah, if he can't bump, it's just so, so stupid.