Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Samoa Joe

I believe WWE owns the UWF that Cena was at with Joe.. not sure on that promotion name but WWE has the footage to splice together, to shape a promo if they want.

Super Moderator
    They sure do! There's some fun UPW vs WWE stars matches on the Network. A young Samoa Joe vs William Regal, Edge & Christian vs Nova & Kaz, Joe vs Daniels from 2001 but edited for UPW TV so it's not the full match.

I mean it would most likely end with two AA's and the pin for Cena but I'd be keen as mustard for that feud simply for that story. I guess the upside of the WWE turning its nose up at the 00s indy scene is guys like Joe and AJ got to develop their reputation and legacy outside the WWE so we now get a clash of worlds.

Squared
    Joe's been taken off all the live events between now and Mania. Some debate about whether it's just being cautious or if he's likely to miss the big show entirely.
    "Eat my ass, Mooney"

He was off til middle of March I believe initially... and if he can't work any TV before Mania, i don't really see the point of him showing up.. A shame, cause i think he might have been in line for Cena feud...

Give him a shock return in the ATGMBR and have him win. He'll probably be the first significant winner of it, especially after they failed miserably to push Cesaro as a face immediately aftert WMXXX.

The Brain
    Christ, that Cesaro push was right there, and they just dropped the ball so hard.

I like that idea for Joe though.

Anyone got an over/under on a Joe Title reign before the end of the year?

I would hope that he does, but probably not, unless Reigns wins the title at the GRR. If Lesnar retains, then no to Joe.

Lesnar is not retaining. it makes even less sense to give Roman another shot and have him lose again. Lesnar is going away for the UFC for awhile. He was always signed through the Summer.

I don't see Joe winning the top title this year. He seems just over enough to be a credible challenger but not win it...and if he did, it wouldn't be a long reign.

Then Wrestlemania was just a ploy to get people to watch the GRR.

that is terrible for the fans, but good for business.

They're not gonna get great network numbers on a Friday afternoon. it was done to give Roman a positive reaction in front of 50,000 Saudi fans...

Terrible decision imo in alienating fans who spend all that money to go to Wrestlemania

They don't and won't care. WrestleMania sells months in advance because it's WrestleMania. There's people who go just for the experience of it, and those people won't go again but there's always going to be someone to fill that spot who will. And the people who go to multiple Manias are either those who did it once, and had so much fun because of the experience they'll do it again, or are WWE diehards and would go regardless.

Unfortunately, WWE could book three hours of Jinder Mahal farting into a box for WrestleMania and people will still attend it.

As for Joe - he should one hundred percent have a title reign by the end of the year. And I say screw it - give him the ball at Backlash and run with it. Roman's already not getting the crowning that they wanted him to, so you might as well play up to it.

I'm not saying people wouldn't go to mania but you do things like this and I personally question going to Wrestlemania besides the first time. Its an all day event at this point and I can't see myself wanting to sit there and watch beachballs fly around, a dud main event on the biggest show of the year. I'll be replaced of course, as would anyone else. Still think its stupid.

It would be weird for them to put the title on Reigns and then have him lose it 9 days later. Hilarious though.

The Brain
    I'll be really surprised if Joe actually gets a run this year. They clearly value him but somehow I don't see them pulling the trigger.

An extended Joe vs Strowman for the Uni Title fued would be great though.

I think he will be a key part of this Raw 'heavyweight' contingent. He had a good match wtih Baron Corbin in the past and that dude is at least tall if not as thick of Reigns or Braun. This main event scene is going to be the land of the giants.

The match with Joe and Lesnar was a really good 6-7 minute brawl. Joe was allowed to take it to Lesnar like no one else in the past year. Reigns' matches have been: Get beat up by Lesnar for 15-20 minutes. Braun's was: Fight Lesnar, but get beat. Joe's was attack and fight, and take it to Lesnar.

Squared
    Joe's on Smackdown now, thoughts on how that changes things for him going forward?
    "Eat my ass, Mooney"

Everybody ready for Joe to get fed to Reigns for his first title defense? Gotta make Reigns look credible fast.

My guess is that Joe and Reigns have a non finish. A double countout or DQ finish. That way Reigns keeps the title, and Joe looks strong moving to Smackdown.

Quote Originally Posted by Powder
    My guess is that Joe and Reigns have a non finish. A double countout or DQ finish. That way Reigns keeps the title, and Joe looks strong moving to Smackdown.
    Almost forgot about Backlash.

Since Joe is gonna be on Smackdown, best idea is to do a non finish, assume someone attacks Reigns during the match to cause the DQ. Joe's not getting a rematch and he needs to be built up again on Smackdown...

I have a feeling we'll see either Joe or Miz reign as WWE Champion this year but not both.

Then there's always the chance that Nak's heel turn meets or exceeds expectations and he carries the belt for a good portion of 2018.

If Nak is a success with this run, he needs to win the title and hold it til at least Summerslam.. SD has plenty of good heels. With basically just Bryan, AJ and Jeff Hardy as your top babyfaces. So to transition to a Miz or Joe reign, I figure its not gonna happen til the fall.

The Brain
    Honestly I'd be surprised if Reigns doesn't go over Joe clean, Smackdown be damned.

I was thinking if Nak is successful and Joe turns face to face him it might be interesting, but I also thought their NXT matches were pretty dull so not sure if that's a good idea.