Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What game are you playing right now?

[QUOTE=Tito;150538]Been playing a few games on my Nintendo 3DS lately...

Super Mario Maker - Good, but not great. It's more unlimited Mario 1, 3, World, and New, but the online link is terrible and inflexible. I figure that Nintendo will update this game in the future to improve it (maybe).

I think we will see a bra and panties match between Stephanie McMahon and Charlotte before they update that game. Nintendo is notorious for killing consoles and games prior to the launch of a new system. With the Switch's official presentation January 12th, and the rumor of a late March 2017 release, I don't see any updates coming. The 3DS version is a gimped Wii U version. But I am willing to bet there will be some sort of version on the Switch, as current "rumors" of software headed to the Switch include a Splatoon 2.0......

MGSV and Battlefield 1.

TitanFall 2, after just being pleasantly surprised by Assassins Creed Syndicate
    Last edited by ELWaston84; 01-21-2017 at 02:40 PM.

Platinumed Horizon: Zero Dawn a few nights ago.

After completing this game, I believe it is the best PS4 exclusive out there (yes, better than Uncharted 4). Guerilla Games did a remarkable job creating both a world in which to explore as well as a very strong story that they slowly revealed as the game progressed with much of the final plot-lines coming to light at the end of the game. This is definitely not a one and done game as there is an incredible amount of paths to go in a potential sequel. I think this is Sony's next big IP.

I spent so many hours simply exploring, killing random machines, and thankfully sold the game because there were a few nights I saw the sun rise because I couldn't put it down. It's legit.

Platinum already? Damn. I don't pay much attention to trophies but I tried to platinum Destiny and it's such a pain in the ass.

Quote Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
    Platinum already? Damn. I don't pay much attention to trophies but I tried to platinum Destiny and it's such a pain in the ass.
    Sorry it took so long to get back. I haven't paid more than a few moments of attention to wrestling over the past 2 weeks (better shows to watch and playing this game). Anyways, I did platinum Horizon and I did see the sun rise twice over weekends playing it as I got completely sucked into it. My total play time was around 80 hours, but I spent a good 30 hours scavenging and killing random dinosaurs that I didn't really need to, I just wanted to. I don't know off-hand, but I think I got around 15 Platinums on the PS4 after never playing a Sony console prior. I feel Horizon's Platinum is completely manageable as you get the vast majority through simply playing the game. There are no trophies that are miss-able. The one I struggled the most with was getting "Blazing Suns" on the last Hunting Grounds. Once I unlocked the crazy Armor with the 5 power cells scattered around the world, it essentially made it impossible to die, and I finished it off getting the last 2 remaining Blazing Suns without issue.

I still stand firm that Horizon is the best PS4 exclusive to date (I loved Uncharted 4 and Bloodborne). I recommend it to everyone, whether you buy it at full price or wait a bit for a price drop. It's an essential game to give a play on the PS4.

I am currently working on my backlog, gotta kick out Batman: Arkham Asylum (only Arkham game I haven't played), then I will move on to the Bioshock Collection. After that, I am interested in the digital game Rise, then I will tackle Zelda: Breath of the Wild, at least that's my short-term to-do list.

Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild for the Wii U.

It's amazing... Open world of doing whatever you want, climbing whatever you want... Great story and real difficulty for a change.

In my 30 years as a gamer, I've never liked Zelda. I got Adventure of Link with my NES as a kid and my hatred started then. I am addicted to Breath of Wild however. I can't deal with the story. Those long cut scenes and convos bore me to tears. The gameplay and open world however are amazing. If Switch Era Nintendo can hook me like this on a franchise I don't like, I can't wait to see what they do with Odyssey.

A Professional Sort Of
    PLAYERUNKNOWN'S Battlegrounds is quite possibly the most engaging game I have ever played in my life. Zero story, it's still in Beta testing and the gameplay is a bit buggy. But man you get paranoid when you think you hear a footstep near you.

Having a blast with Marvel Heroes Omega.

Been playing a lot of Doom (2016) on my PC lately. Anyone who was a fan of the original Doom or other early first-person shooters should look into this one, it's one of the most fun games I've played in a long time.

I've been playing a lot of old games recently. Currently playing Crazy Taxi and Sonic Adventure, brought GTA Vice City yesterday and looking forward to playing it and finally finishing it properly.

Because where else would put up with me and my mediocre writing.

I sometimes regret selling my Dreamcast when I moved. I had both Crazy Taxi and Sonic Adventure for that system and would occasionally play those when I had a few spare moments and it was always so fun.

GTA Vice City is great, one of my favorites. I have GTA V for my PS3 that I never got around to playing that I'll jump into one of these days. I also saw GTA San Andreas for pretty cheap on the PC recently, and I've never played that one so I'll be getting that one and keeping it in the ol' backlog.

Quote Originally Posted by Degenerate View Post
    Been playing a lot of Doom (2016) on my PC lately. Anyone who was a fan of the original Doom or other early first-person shooters should look into this one, it's one of the most fun games I've played in a long time.
    I would if I could but my laptop wont handle it. I might download the original DOOM now that you've mentioned it though.

There's a new Doom and Wolfenstein coming to the Switch. I've been playing ARMS a lot lately. Just got the Switch a little while ago. Love it

Quote Originally Posted by XanMan View Post
    Having a blast with Marvel Heroes Omega.
    system

GTA Vice City is great, one of my favorites.
    That game is still my favourite GTA game even though the gunplay is laughably unplayable and camera really frustrating, the setting and atmosphere is just that good.

Right now I'm playing an RPG called Divinity: Original Sin it is fairly fun and a good way to bounce back from the disappointment I felt with Mass Effect Andromeda. Nowadays my gaming comes in fits and bursts, I might play for 3 hours a week in just the one sitting which means it takes me a long time to get through anything. Took me a good 9 months to complete Witcher 3 last year but damn was it worth it, absolutely fantastic game, probably the best one I've played this generation of gaming and right up with the original Mass Effect trilogy and KOTOR as my fav of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by SirSam View Post
    That game is still my favourite GTA game even though the gunplay is laughably unplayable and camera really frustrating
    I think I still have nightmares about that helicopter mission - must have tried it at least a hundred times before I finally passed it.

I have Witcher 3 in my Steam backlog and will probably start on that once I wrap up Doom. Since I got back onto PC gaming I've heard nothing but great things about the game so I'm really excited to play it soon. I've also heard the same negative stuff about Mass Effect Andromeda. I haven't played any of the Mass Effect games, actually. Maybe I should do that one of these days. I'm also in the same boat as you when it comes to playing, just playing whenever I have a spare 30 minutes or so.

I have Witcher 3 in my Steam backlog and will probably start on that once I wrap up Doom. Since I got back onto PC gaming I've heard nothing but great things about the game so I'm really excited to play it soon. I've also heard the same negative stuff about Mass Effect Andromeda. I haven't played any of the Mass Effect games, actually. Maybe I should do that one of these days. I'm also in the same boat as you when it comes to playing, just playing whenever I have a spare 30 minutes or so.
    I could not recommend The Witcher and its 2 expansion packs highly enough if you like Western fantasy RPGs or Action Adventure games. They create possibly the most detailed world I have ever seen in a video game and actually fill it with unique characters and a great story. For me it is the perfect bridge between the stories and characters of a more linear Bioware game like Dragon Age and the scale but relative lack of character of a Bethesda game like Skyrim. The combat is also a joy, I haven't played Dark Souls but I've heard it compared to that, my closest comparison would be Shadows of Mordor or Barman Arkham City in terms of the challenge it offers combined with the enjoyable nature of it.

As far as Mass Effect goes, Andromeda isn't a terrible game by any stretch but it somewhat abandons some of the core tenants of the series primarily character and story over size and scale. I'm a big one for story in video games and Andromeda really doesn't give the kind of fleshed out characters and interesting story arcs that made me fall in love with the original series. While previously you had a world open enough that you felt somewhat free to take on things at your own pace but small enough that the devs could control the narrative and not resort to pointless quests now there are massive sandboxes filled with tasks that mostly achieve nothing for the overarching story of the game or the progression of your character. I didn't hate it by any means but Mass Effect was my favourite series of the previous generation of consoles and KOTOR (mass effects spiritual predecessor in terms of design) my fav the generation before that so it had a lot to live up to and I was sad to see the decline in the focus on and quality of the story and characters as a trade off for game size that I'd argue adds little to the gameplay beyond sounding good in a press release or marketing pitch.