Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What game are you playing right now?

Just started Last of Us Remastered, man I die a lot

A Professional Sort Of
    I've been getting back into playing Playstation 3 games, GTA V Online, Gran Turismo 6, even FIFA 14 is getting a few plays.

I've finally succumbed to the fact that I'm never going to get any better at DOTA 2, so I had better start playing a game that I can at least get some enjoyment out of.

I played EVE Online for a while, but I can't devote enough time to it to be any good at it. I might end up playing World of Warcraft again if I wanted to get back into PC MMORPGs...

FlashFlashRevolution
    I managed to play it after 8 years.

A lot of big games coming out in the coming months.

Anyone excited for any particular games?

I'm playing Metal Gear Solid V and it's incredible.

Rock Band 4 is coming out in October. Time to get the band back together! Innuendo will live again!

Lead Singer: Ben Dover
    Lead Guitar: Jacques Trappe
    Bass: Jeni Talls
    Drummer: Jack Meoff

It's game time!

3-2-0

I can't really play any games on my laptop as it only has 1gb of ram.

I play PS2 a bit, Smackdown vs Raw 2011 and GTA san andreas but the real reason I got such an old console was to play the original tomb raider for PS1.
    @El_Duderino_999

Just got PS4 for X-Mas and just conquered the first game, Shovel Knight. Anyone else play this? What did you think? It had the old school nostalgia, but I'm not sure it lives up to the lofty heights the reviews placed it at. Surprisingly harder than expected, especially the last 3 or so dungeons, capped off with an insane chain of about 12 boss fights in a row to close out the game (with no ability to save between, meaning if you don't clear all, you start from the top each time.) For anyone who likes a challenge and loved Super Mario 3- this game is worth a play (it is literally exactly like Super Mario 3 for NES in nearly every way).

Nobody told me there's a LOTR game with the violence of Game of Thrones, the gameplay of Batman and the collectibles of Assassin's Creed.

Yes, I just discovered Shadow of Mordor. Fucking epic.
    I think it's awesome that the word lisp has an "s" in it.

fallout 4, and then fallout 2.

Fallout 4 is the epitome of change. It's polished, far more packed with action than Fallout 2. It's modern WWE.

But there was a time when things were more exciting. Like during the attitude era. Like whne ECW was an unpolished turd but insanely entertaining. Fallout 2 is a piece of incredible gaming history that is far superior to the Fallout 4 game except its presentation - or perhaps, its presentation is all part of its timeless charm.
    And Jacob wrestled with God.

Quote Originally Posted by Smart_Mark View Post
    Nobody told me there's a LOTR game with the violence of Game of Thrones, the gameplay of Batman and the collectibles of Assassin's Creed.

Yes, I just discovered Shadow of Mordor. Fucking epic.
    Haha! Yeah, I played that game last winter when I scored it for $25 on Black Friday. The one thing I thought that game did really well was the Nemesis system, and I currently feel that is one of the better innovations thus far in this generation in regards to game play. I platinum-ed that game and I always enjoyed picking up the controller to play. Very good game and one that received some Game of the Year awards as well.

I am playing Assassin's Creed: Syndicate. Scored it for dirt cheap during an Amazon sale. It's been fun running around London, but I feel this version of Assassin's Creed is quite easy from a game play perspective. If I want a challenge, I have to equip all the worse stuff. I will platinum it over the next couple of weeks and then figure out what to play at that point.

For those that have Amazon Prime: Not sure if you are aware, but Amazon is now directly competing with Best Buy's Gamer's Club (or whatever it is called). Amazon Prime members get 20% off all pre-orders, as well as games released within the past 2 weeks. So, if you are looking to save a few bucks and don't want to wait for price drops down the road, this maybe up your alley.

Just beat game #2 on PS4: Uncharted

This game was a hell of a lot of fun. Much more enjoyable than Shovel Knight. My only gripe is how slow the camera catches up to where you are trying to aim with a lot of weapons. Other than that this was a blast to play through. The game is like this generations Tomb Raider.

Not sure if I am going to immediately jump right into Uncharted 2 yet, or something else. Thought about going through 1 again lol.

Been copping older/used games faster than I can beat them since getting my Xbox One. Have Farcry 4, Tomb Raider, Batman: AK, Borderlands Handsome Collection, Shadow of Mordor and Advanced Warfare in rotation- all without having seen a single end credit. Not to mention WWE '16 for when the mood hits. Really want Farcry: Primal and Tomb Raider 2 but there's still too many games I haven't even played to justify spending full price.

Also fully intend on experiencing GTA V one more time just for the next-gen upgrade.
    Last edited by Smart_Mark; 02-21-2016 at 07:50 AM.
    I think it's awesome that the word lisp has an "s" in it.

I got away from it for months but I've been playing GTAV Online on my PS4 a lot again. They are constantly adding content and there's still a lot of people playing it.

Jak and Daxter for the old time's sakes.

Goldberg Rules!
    Quote Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
    I got away from it for months but I've been playing GTAV Online on my PS4 a lot again. They are constantly adding content and there's still a lot of people playing it.
    I still play online a lot. Have for months. Mainly enjoy just killing people in free mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Kleckamania View Post
    Just beat game #2 on PS4: Uncharted

This game was a hell of a lot of fun. Much more enjoyable than Shovel Knight. My only gripe is how slow the camera catches up to where you are trying to aim with a lot of weapons. Other than that this was a blast to play through. The game is like this generations Tomb Raider.

Not sure if I am going to immediately jump right into Uncharted 2 yet, or something else. Thought about going through 1 again lol.
    I had my first foray with the Uncharted series with the Nathan Drake Collection. Definitely enjoyed those three games. I thought #2 was the best of the 3, but I ended up get a Platinum on #3. The end of April the family/friends will have to excuse me from commitments as I am really looking forward to #4 (trying not to see any videos/stories about it until launch).

Yeah I just beat Uncharted II, and am already about 20% into 3, and I can tell I need to get 4 as soon as I'm done with 3. 2 was so fun, (some chapters were pretty fucking hard!) and both 1 & 2 are phenomenal games to jump into. 3 has already started great (On Chapter 6 atm), and I'm hooked on the series. Love the game mechanics, love the story archs, love the characters and love the playability. Open world is my favorite kind of game, but these games remind me why I need to keep an open mind outside of the RPG and Sports game worlds.

The Division. I want to have a try on DOOM tomorrow.

So beat Uncharted 3 a while back, and now am almost done with Dragon Age Inquisition. Uncharted 3 was a blast. All 3 games are a blast. I look forward to the 4th one, as all my friends who are playing it are saying it is amazeballs.

Dragon Age is fun, though it is a blatant rip off of Kingdoms Of Amalur: Reckoning. The EXP and loot systems kind of suck, beside that though the graphics and gameplay are pretty outstanding, and the storyline is engaging. My big gripe is the High Dragons weren't hard enough, and their drops sucked (aside from the crafting items).

Not sure what game I jump to next. Either Uncharted 4 or Witcher 3

If you ask me, I would go with Uncharted since everything about the series is still fresh in your head.

Goldberg Rules!
    Metal Gear Solid V. Love this game.

MGSV is so good (gameplay is amazing) yet so disappointing. Get to the "Second act" yet?

Goldberg Rules!
    Just did last night. Eli is Liquid, isn't he?

Honestly I stopped playing midway through Act 2 because all of the missions are just repeats of the first act but made a lot harder. I read what happens at the end. You can tell Konami and Kojima had a big falling out because it's pretty much an unfinished game.

Goldberg Rules!
    How would you rank all 5 games in the Solid canon? Main games, not crap like Peace Walker or Ground Zeroes.

My order, given though I have yet to finish 5:

The Phantom Pain
    Guns of the Patriots
    1 (did it have a second name? I don't count the Twin Snakes bullshit on Gamecube)
    Snake Eater
    Sons of Liberty
    Last edited by T.O.; 05-18-2016 at 08:55 PM.

I'd go:

MGS Original
    Guns of the Patriots
    Phantom Pain
    Snake Eater
    Sons of Liberty

I think all of them are great. The original was just amazingly different at the time it came out kind of the same way the original Resident Evil was (I had playstation). I wish the Phantom Pain was finished because I love the gameplay. I could do stealth missions forever.

Goldberg Rules!
    I remember just stumbling onto the original on a demo disc when I first bought a PlayStation in 1999. If not for that disc, I might have never played. Never much of an RE fan, either.

I used to be Nintendo-only before that.

This series, GTA, and the mainstream sports series (Madden, The Show, 2K series) are the only games I ever really buy any more.

GTA: Vice City is one of my favorites of all time and I just bought it on the PS4 store. I want them to bring back the 80s again on the next game. Rockstar knows how to make games. Red Dead Redemption is supposed to be getting a sequel at some point. I really enjoyed that one.

Goldberg Rules!
    FUCK MAN Mission 45 is impossible in this game

Pocket Card Jockey for the Nintendo 3DS (eShop downloaded game, only $6.99)

In what would be a weird game to many, Pocket Card Jockey has you racing horses and how fast/successful your horse is depends on how well you play Solitaire. That's right... It's a combination of Solitaire and Horse Racing with a ton of RPG elements mixed in (leveling up the horses, breeding horses, etc.).

I can't stop playing it. It's from the makers of Pokemon (Game Freak) and it's a really well made game. For its price, I've put in 50 hours into this bastard trying to 100% complete it with all of the Derby trophies won.

Guns of the patriots was not only fun to play but also had an amazing storyline.

Resident Evil Nemesis is also a fantastic game. I spent hours geeking out over the storyline that you could kind of collect by picking up dead peoples notes.

I don't own any next gen consoles, I'm not too impressed with the concentration on graphics over storyline. I spend a lot of time on Warcraft though.

Edit: fuck I think I meant MGS sons of liberty. If that's the one for the PS2.
    Last edited by The Dude; 07-12-2016 at 06:13 PM.
    @El_Duderino_999

YES!!! I just found out about this a few days ago and marked out extremely hard. The only downside that made me sad is there is no way to add more games (from everything I've seen/read/heard)- so no Kung-Fu

But the 30 games on it are awesome. Was especially excited to see Kid Icarus on there- that game was an unspoken gem. And most of the classics as well. I've already dropped this as a heavy christmas hint to family lol

For the time being, I am still playing Guild Wars 2.

Who's getting Super Mario Run? Is this going to be the biggest-selling mobile app game ever (units sold, not money made since those pay-to-play scams make a lot on in-app purchases)?

Started command and conquer tiberium wars. Slow progress, I don't play that often but when I do its entertaining. I usually just skirmish.

Online doesn't work because I downloaded it. As far as I remember c&c is lame as hell online.
    @El_Duderino_999

Goldberg Rules!
    Who's getting Super Mario Run? Is this going to be the biggest-selling mobile app game ever (units sold, not money made since those pay-to-play scams make a lot on in-app purchases)?
    I'll have to wait for it to come out on Android, but at least it'll give time for reviews to come out before I waste money on it.

Been playing a few games on my Nintendo 3DS lately...

Pokemon Moon - Beat it, beat all of the side missions, and am now basically fighting against friends or online. I'd argue it as the best Pokemon game that I've played just based on the removal of HM moves and giving you total flexibility of your team and items.

Super Mario Maker - Good, but not great. It's more unlimited Mario 1, 3, World, and New, but the online link is terrible and inflexible. I figure that Nintendo will update this game in the future to improve it (maybe).

Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice - EASILY, the best Sonic game since Sonic & Knuckles for the Genesis. Game almost feels like it's on rails, but it's much better than the garbage Sonic games pushed since the end of the 16 bit era.

I had it for a day before I erased it. I have a group of friends that are tied together via video games, and much of the sentiment I had was shared by them. I gave the free trial a whirl, and the free 3 levels share design philosophies to the first 3 levels of SMB (NES). They offer as much of a challenge as you wish via the 5 red coins per stage (need to get all in one play through to get the next level of coins). These coins can become pretty nasty as you upgrade. There is also a section called Toad Rally where you play against the ghost of another player. The likelihood of success is analogous to Mario Kart, where even with a flawless run, if your opponent gets some power-up late they will beat you.

This plays into my cons for the app. It requires constant internet connection to play, much to the dismay of those with spotty internet connection. This app is an absolute batter drainer. I went from full battery to 75% in 20 minutes. My friends with the app also complain of the same issues, and I assume it is from the always on-line component. I didn't feel it worth the $10, and I believe the rating it currently has is due to the cost of entry (people being pissed by the cost) and not a reflection of the actual game.