Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28363738
Results 1,481 to 1,504 of 1504

Thread: LPW OOC Thread

I wonder why.

So. Let me get this straight. No one wants to talk about it. Are ignoring you and such and no one has said anything to us or you about why?

Banned
    I said that you guys have the right to be upset because I messed up. And I'm learning from my mistakes because I plan on having a positive outlook on my life and enjoy myself.

Also the reason why I don't stay in contact with him is that we don't talk much.
    Last edited by Jeff Watson; 09-24-2017 at 03:49 AM.

Same old shit.

Man On The Silver Mountain Steve's Avatar
    It has been requested by more than one person that I look in on this. I've been watching things play out for the last few days, trying to gain an understanding of the dynamics of what is obviously a strained and increasingly broken relationship between you, Jeff, and many members of the LPW crew.

I have no history here and no real knowledge of how things operate... but I've been a member of this board for almost 16 years and a mod/admin for 10. I recognize a disruptive force when I see one. I've battled them on my own most familiar turf of the Columns Forum in the form of guys like Hawkeye and Creative Writer. The one thing I've learned, and the thing that Mourn's earlier quote-filled post illustrates wonderfully, is that they never change. They say they want to, genuinely believe it, but inevitably resort to the same old tired bullshit.

If you were unaware, I run this board ever since Terry's retirement about a year ago, so the buck, as it were, stops with me. In this instance, though, since I am unfamiliar with the history of this conflict and the general atmosphere of LPW and how things are handled in-house, I've left a final decision on your status, Jeff, up to those in charge around here. Whatever they decide, I will follow up on.

Were I you, though, I would hope that my own personal opinion doesn't come into play in determining whatever course of action is or is not taken. Because if I were the one running this joint, I'd have banned your ass back in 2014 when it became obvious that you had zero intention of sticking to your tear streaked promises.

Apologies for the intrusion. I just wanted it to be blatantly known to everyone involved that conversation on this matter has been, and is being, had.

Also, just as a bit of bonus advice concerning the current conversation in this thread...

Circular conversations are circular. If one likes running in circles, cool. But if one doesn't, it behooves one to just stop running and explore a different path.

Much spoopy. Very creppy.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Same old shit.
    I'm trying the best I can, but I do have a life outside of here. I know that you don't want to believe me about Killswitch, but we did settle the old issue years ago. I am giving you the respect of not screaming at you and explaining things rationally.

But I am also considering retirement or taking another break just to keep the peace.
    Last edited by Jeff Watson; 09-24-2017 at 04:15 AM.

All apologies, but the decision as to whether or not you stick around in general is now out of your hands. If you do wind up staying, I would strongly suggest that you learn to detach a bit and put this entire thing into perspective. Based upon your own words, both from the past and present, it would appear that you have greater issues to deal with beyond all of this. I wish you the best in those, but remind you that one in your position may want to avoid potential obsessive triggers.

Regardless of how this plays out, I also strongly suggest reminding yourself that at its core, this entire federation, this entire board, this entire website, this entire industry, is all based squarely upon people in their underpants pretending to fight. As awesome as it can be in a wide variety of ways, underpants play fighting is nothing to get that goddamn worked up over.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by YourAyatollah View Post
    All apologies, but the decision as to whether or not you stick around in general is now out of your hands. If you do wind up staying, I would strongly suggest that you learn to detach a bit and put this entire thing into perspective. Based upon your own words, both from the past and present, it would appear that you have greater issues to deal with beyond all of this. I wish you the best in those, but remind you that one in your position may want to avoid potential obsessive triggers.

Regardless of how this plays out, I also strongly suggest reminding yourself that at its core, this entire federation, this entire board, this entire website, this entire industry, is all based squarely upon people in their underpants pretending to fight. As awesome as it can be in a wide variety of ways, underpants play fighting is nothing to get that goddamn worked up over.
    I have put this thing into perspective and I have a positive outlook on my life. With my medications that I take, I realize that it's just a game. Also writing is a way to express my feelings and I enjoy writing. I plan on doing better when it comes to stress and not let people bother me. It is all part of the positive attitude I have on life.

You've said the same thing previously. I genuinely hope it's true for the sake of your really real life.

That having been said, my previous comments weren't intended as a conversation starter. They were a warning, of sorts, and a bit of good old fashioned unsolicited advice. Take them as you will, on both fronts.

I'm stepping back out, now. The people in charge here are in charge for a reason. They're all sleeping and stuff, though, and at the end of the day I'm responsible for keeping the peace across the board. So here I am. Rock you like a hurricane.

If I come back, there won't be overly wordy posts and bad Scorpions references. There will be bans. Permabans. IP bans.

Best wishes and much love to everyone.

^ This.

Admittedly a bit of E-drama can be interesting, but this happens nearly every other show and it's just plain dumb. I know a lot of you want Watson to be gone, but personally I don't. I just want him to man-up and realize nobody likes him acting like a spoilt 5 year old when he does.

There's really no point getting so worked up over any of it. Chill out, play some video games, eat some food or have a wank or something.

After consulting among the top brass of LPW, the decision that Jeff Watson be banned was passed along to me. This action has been carried out in accordance with my previous statements that I intended to abide by any decision made by said top brass.

In an effort to avoid future, similar conflicts I have moved the Rules and Regulations to their own small subforum atop the page where they are more readily visible. The rule that was violated by Jeff is right up near the top, as I've been informed that he was left to leave previously but kept on keeping on. That alone is a bannable offense. He also had some incidents with starting fights on Facebook and such, which is another bannable offense. While I am generally unfamiliar with the operating procedure around here, I saw enough evidence to support the decision, especially as the rules are pretty clearly defined for all to see. It sucks and I bear no personal ill will towards the dude, or frankly anyone that I ban, but it kinda is what it is.

Thanks to everyone for putting up with my intrusion here. Hopefully it won't be necessary again.

You know...

That was some good TT you put down.

I don't think anyone would mind if you "intruded" a little bit more. Perhaps, I don't know, maybe "intrude" in the sign up thread?

*wink wink*

Okay. Facebook's down. The end of the world as we know it....

How's everyone out there in the other parts of the world? Been a little quiet and all.

I'm really surprised my neighbour hasn't been cut off yet. I'm glad of course.

How is life Mr. Mourn? I get paid tonight so I'm happy.

It always goes quiet before the shows up.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    I'm really surprised my neighbour hasn't been cut off yet. I'm glad of course.

How is life Mr. Mourn? I get paid tonight so I'm happy.

It always goes quiet before the shows up.
    Please Trey, call me Mark. Life's OK. Dealing with an insane cold that my doc literally told me it would take over a week to pass. Dunno about the show. While I may work on matches and ideas, I (for teh most part) am outside the match compiling stuff.

You? You doing better or things still shit?

My baby just pooped 3 am in the morning and living an adventure in his cot. Which means parent duty, eye bags and lots of bitter happiness for me right now, trying to get him back to sleepy mood. *yawns*
    And Jacob wrestled with God.

Erm well pretty much the same. I'm glad the FFA part of lop is gone because it makes people act and feel like assholes.

It's the same old story, have zero money but getting paid tonight. Did you see my post in the sanctuary? The British government will soon sign away my homelessness and death.

Other than that I'm good lol.

Edit: that's cool about your child bane. Hope you can get some sleep. I doubt I'll ever have kids.

Also, bad colds/flu suck. Hope it passes soon.
    Last edited by The Dude; 10-11-2017 at 04:30 PM.

He just slept. I am trying to get some zzz now before work starts early tomorrow.
    And Jacob wrestled with God.

Is everything alright in here? I don't think I've ever seen LPW go completely silent for damn near a week.

I don't know about anyone else, but I had a nasty nasty cold. Been trying to get back up to speed. Been kinda tough though. Drained the shit out of me.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Is everything alright in here? I don't think I've ever seen LPW go completely silent for damn near a week.
    It's been like this ever since I can remember. Trash talking and most discussion dies down a bit, then the results come out and it starts up again, rinse and repeat.

Alright, cool. It just seemed to me that I always at least saw activity in this thread between PPV cycles. LPW is the most active place on the board outside of Columns and WWE, so it was odd to see almost a week of complete inactivity.

I hate to say it, and if I'm the only one I don't care.

Jeff fkin Watson brought the posts man. That's why I didn't want him banned. Granted he was a retarded asshole (no flame intended) but seriously, this place is gonna be dead without him. Even if it was just Sean arguing with him, it was better than this ghost town.

I know it's too late... but mate, that guy brought something, even if it was pure shite.

No.

I mean that with all the weight of sincerity possibly. Shit for the sake of shit is never is good thing.

I still see TT as a place to test out things for your character. Not many people use it for that, but it is seriously where I've built friends and enemies in character. That not being there much anymore doesn't hurt me that much. but for those struggling and not wanting to throw shit into a promo and hoping it is accepted, I would encourage them to test it there. Be it insulting people, to drumming up a match, or even making an ally. We only get so much print space. And to be real, without much help in the knowing what characters think about one another, it may leave on the table feuds we may never have known we wanted.