Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: LOP Forums Feedback

Is there any chance I could get my username changed to TimR? I'm in no hurry but that'd be fantastic. I don't know who to specifically ask.

Terry is the only one who can do that. You're beat served to hit him up on Twitter, @Terry

26 letters... 26 columns... 26 days...

Where's the FFA?

I can only see the elite forum

Quote Originally Posted by notslap View Post
    Where's the FFA?

I can only see the elite forum
    Gone

'Tis true. The FFA is no more. It had become little more than a trolling station. When you've got people trying to engage in a hot topic discussion like McGregor vs Mayweather and they're being called racial slurs just for having the audacity to post, then there's a problem. It's counterproductive to trying to revive this Forum to any degree. So I iced it. There hadn't been any meaningful discussion in there for a long, long time, anyhow. Besides, there was no need for two separate General Discussion forums. The Sanctuary covers that just fine.

In the hell in a cell final card thread we have posts from last year in the comments section. Which is confusing albeit more entertaining than the usual stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    When you've got people trying to engage in a hot topic discussion like McGregor vs Mayweather and they're being called racial slurs just for having the audacity to post, then there's a problem.
    tis what the FFA was founded on.

It was getting lame though. the dude spamming was getting old. Should have just banned him and not sacked the subforum though.

Ill try and be a good boy in the sanctuary (for the 3 times a month I post) but Rome wasn't built in a day so go easy on me

I was hardly spamming. Just talking to myself because no one posted there. It was a piece of shit anyway, Marvin was the only decent poster that posted there.

The place had honestly stopped serving its purpose. We never really needed two general discussion forums in the first place. I never got the fascination with "flaming" and "non-flaming". I operate on more of a "don't be a fucking douchebag" vibe.

Short of being outright vitriolic to people, I have no intention of heavily policing the Sanctuary. It'd be great if the slurs could go away, though. My main intent is trying to get new people to come hang out here. It's a tall order in general and posts full of blatantly offensive material (especially that posted for the sheer sake of being offensive) won't exactly roll out the welcome mat.

I don't miss the place, that's for damn sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Short of being outright vitriolic to people, I have no intention of heavily policing the Sanctuary. It'd be great if the slurs could go away, though. My main intent is trying to get new people to come hang out here. It's a tall order in general and posts full of blatantly offensive material (especially that posted for the sheer sake of being offensive) won't exactly roll out the welcome mat.
    I'm with ya there. We'll see how it pans out. I like the name change.

Yeah, I basically jacked the new name from That 70's Show. There are worse things to steal from, though. Hopefully everyone digs the change.

I just wanted to thank you for observing that every day is Rusev Day.

I was hoping someone would notice that.