Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast

Thread: Lucha Underground General Discussion

I see your first round preview Trips and raise my preview of the whole thing! Only it's on my blog, not the main page, so you got me there (or do you?!). I'll PM the link to any interested/not on the Twitter.

The Brain
    I love a big tournament like this. Gives almost everybody on the roster the chance to impress, unique combinations, the chance for a Cinderella run, guys with history running into each other, and that mystery slot has got me excited. I'm fired up!

The Greatest of All Time LWO4Life's Avatar
    And just like that, Sexy Star's 10 year career, a career she said she was retiring from last year, comes crumbling down and her legacy with it.

Has Vince McMahon Lost Confidence in Roman Reigns.

Quote Originally Posted by LWO4Life View Post
    And just like that, Sexy Star's 10 year career, a career she said she was retiring from last year, comes crumbling down and her legacy with it.
    Fuck her. No place for that. Every organization should blackball her. She's already been pulled from one show. More to come

The Brain
    I'm a forgiving guy but yeah, some lines can't be crossed. She should be done everywhere as far as I'm concerned.

And kudos to Rosemary for how she handled it. I know she wanted to beat her ass.

The Brain
    YES, it must have been tempting to fly off the handle but she was smart and professional in the end and will come out much better for it. She's a great talent, sucks that this happened to her.

Sexy broke all the rules of wrestling and should be blackballed. No promoter should ever booker her, and her 10 year run as a top woman in all the world is now done, and everything she worked for is tarnished. She ruined everything for herself.

The Brain
    Feels like it was a long time coming. Star has gotten weirder and more problematic with each passing year. I didn't anticipate this exactly but I figured people would only put up with it for so long. Guess this just speeds up the process (a lot).

Apparently some sites have reached out to her and she said she doesn't know if she'll ever talk about what happened but she wanted to rest for a few days and get her head straight.

She should be fired from AAA, plain and simple. Unfortunately, the Roldan's see her as some huge draw (they were the ones who brought her back, despite resistance from Vampiro and the locker room) and GFW, last I heard, has made no statement on this incident. That combined with the fact that Jeff Jarrett (from what I've been told) wrestled at Triplemania drunk (something he only got away with because of Sexy's fiasco) makes it pretty clear that GFW are still the same as always and won't do anything either. So Sexy will stick around in AAA. I could see this being the end of her in LU though.

The Brain
    Quote Originally Posted by Cult Icon View Post
    Jeff Jarrett (from what I've been told) wrestled at Triplemania drunk (something he only got away with because of Sexy's fiasco) makes it pretty clear that GFW are still the same as always and won't do anything either.
    Ugh. Just ugh.

Watching Son of Madness wrestle Mascarita Whatever has me thinking, full-size wrestlers must love going against midgets. Very easy to look like a million bucks throwing them around.

Exactly. Honestly I'd just like to know more about this Son of Madness guy. I was very impressed with his run in LU, and yet before this I never even knew of the guy outside of him being Johnny Goodtime on the East Coast. Hopefully LU brings him back, either as Madness or in another role of sorts.

The Brain
    Correct me if I'm wrong (and I didn't see this week's episode yet), didn't he say the group SoH left was the "Invisible Gauntlet"? Sounds to me like a connection to the stuff that's going on with Cage. I definitely expect more out of that little nugget of knowledge as we go.

Apparently Sexy did an interview and said SHE'S being bullied and that she doesn't really know what happened in the match. Fuck that noise

The second part of that statement is bullshit. But the first part's not entirely inaccurate, which is probably why she's clinging to that like a lifebelt. The fact of the matter is that this whole thing starts not because of Sexy but because Lady Shani decided to into business for herself and shoot on Sexy. Shani is close with Taya (Taya in fact described Shani as her little sister on Talk is Jericho yesterday) and I guess decided to use this match as an opportunity to get revenge for Sexy politicking. One thing leads to another, Sexy stops selling everything in the match (including multiple weapon shots from Ayako Hamada) and then snaps, leading to what happened. So in the sense that this whole incident explodes because she decided to shoot on Sexy, Lady Shani bares some responsibility.

Having said that, it in no way justifies nor validates why Sexy did what she did. It be one thing if she merely fought back against Shani, but Rosemary (as best as anyone can tell) had nothing to do with this and was probably shell shocked by what she was seeing herself. For Sexy to let the situation get to her that bad and then take it out on someone who was an innocent bystander...honestly that makes what she did even worse in my eyes. So even though she can make the case that Lady Shani went into business for herself, she still has no leg to stand on because she ended up attacking someone who was just there to earn a paycheck and wrestle. Which makes it all the more sadder that nothing will happen to her, as GFW's "nothing to see here! move along!" statement last night clearly showed they and AAA are more than happy to sweep this under the rug.

The Brain
    Ugh, what a mess.

I have avoided all spoilers like the plague but now I find myself wondering what LU has taped for Sexy Star in the rest of season 3. I can't think of any immediate feud for Ultima Lucha Tres, unless the real person behind the spider thing appears, but she's been a big part of season 3 so I assume she'll get some kind of notable role, which is unfortunate bearing all the rest of this in mind.

Hysterically it looks like it's going to be Taya.

The Brain
    Wow... They kind of let that story lapse a bit but yeah I can easily see it.

Frankly even before all this I would have said Taya deserved better, but oh well.

I wanted to clarify her "bullying" statement. She said she was being bullied NOW, after the match, by people on the internet trying to make her look bad and damage her career, not during the match itself, so in reality the entire statement is bullshit.

What does bother me though is the likelihood that behind the scenes this whole situation was possibly started by Taya trying to get back at Sexy Star through her best friend. That too is bothersome.
    Last edited by TripleR; 09-01-2017 at 08:58 AM.

Taya doesn't strike me as someone who would order an attack on someone via proxy. Hell, she didn't even close the door on returning to AAA during her TIJ appearance; if she's big enough to keep that situation alive despite being given a storyline that screwed her over (and she did pretty confirm the whole title thing was an angle, just one she didn't like) then I can't see her ordering anyone to take out Sexy. I think it was simply a case of Shani going into business for herself for a variety of reasons (her friendship with Taya, her own issues with Sexy), which started the dominos falling.

Super Moderator
    I've been known to do some things that people might think are shitty.

Sometimes guys need a lighthearted, maybe painful but never dangerous, initiation. Sometimes guys are the shits and need to be shown that. Sometimes people are out of shape and terrible I'll purposely blow them up.

That said, fuck Sexy Star. If your issue is with Shani, throw down with Shani. Throw down in the fucking match with Shani if you want to. But don't pull shit on someone who is, by all accounts, essentially an innocent, confused bystander.

Is Ivelisse going to be back for UL3? I was really into the idea of her vs Catrina but they've not done any real build for it since she wrecekd her ankle again.

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
    Is Ivelisse going to be back for UL3? I was really into the idea of her vs Catrina but they've not done any real build for it since she wrecekd her ankle again.
    I don't know honestly. UL is three weeks away, with no sign of her. Not apt to think she'll be back.

On another note, Sexy Star has been stripped of her Reina de Reinas title in AAA.
    Last edited by TripleR; 09-05-2017 at 11:30 AM.

Ivelisse will be there. I don't know the details, but I do know Catrina works a match during season three. Considering she hasn't worked one yet (unless it was a dark match) and how Catrina-Ivelisse was booked at the very beginning of the season, that's gotta the match. I assume they'll have her back in the next few episodes.

The Brain
    I thought I'd heard Ivelisse wouldn't be back this season but I'd love to see her, one of my favorites in the company.

So, what's the deal with this Mil Muertes storyline anyway? I thought it was a lock that Muertes would go through to Ultima Lucha with Crane and do the first ever UL Grave Consequences, but this Cage this popped up. I'm into that match too, but it's so sudden and the Crane stuff doesn't feel settled at all, especially with Crane going after Muertes again in that big roster brawl. Doesn't seem like there's enough time left in the season to wrap up all those threads, but I guess they could always leave something for the (hopeful) fourth season.

Quote Originally Posted by TripleR View Post
    On another note, Sexy Star has been stripped of her Reina de Reinas title in AAA.
    The literal least they could do. Oh well.

You gotta remember the season three trailer mizfan. There's a few scenes from it that haven't taken place yet in the show; one of which is Crane bowing down to Mil Muertes and another is Ivelisse attacking Crane in the locker room (that scene pretty much confirms Ivelisse is returning). That seems to indicate to me he's playing a part in both stories. I don't know what that means for him having a match (maybe he's thrown into the Mil-Cage thing and it's a triple threat for the glove) but he'll be involved in both. He has to be; he's still hopeless for Catrina, Catrina is still with Mil and, less we forget, Ivelisse and Crane were an item before Ivelisse got hurt. So I reckon there will be a ton of stuff for Jeremiah Crane to do as the season winds down.

And Sexy Star is gone from AAA. There won't be a public firing of sorts or anything like that, but the fact that they took the title off of her shows that, at least for right now, she's out. Otherwise why strip her of the title? I'm not one to give AAA or GFW any credit in this instance and it still took too long for any side to act, but they did definitely act. She's out. How long she'll be gone for is a question of how long it'll take for Dorian, Marisela and GFW to think the heat has died down, and whether or not Vampiro will be able to keep her out for good.

The Brain
    Damn, I forgot about some of those trailer scenes. We have yet to see the Daga with a sword thing too, right? Speaking of guys who have been MIA.

Good news on the Sexy Star thing. I was afraid they'd take the title off her as a token gesture but keep her in the company and put the belt back on her when things died down. Glad to be wrong on that.

Quote Originally Posted by mizfan View Post
    Damn, I forgot about some of those trailer scenes. We have yet to see the Daga with a sword thing too, right? Speaking of guys who have been MIA.
    Cuerno too. He's in the trailer.
    Catch up on my column series, Sound Of The Underground, only on Lordsofpain.net

What's Catrina like in the ring?

Can hardly remember those early NXT days.

Hard to know. She's not actually wrestled in LU. I know she was working on her in-ring stuff, but we won't know until we get there

The Brain
    I literally did not even realize Catrina was Maxine for, like, the whole first season. I just never thought much of her in the old NXT, and then she showed up and had all this presence and it never occurred to me I had seen her before. For ages I honestly thought she was a non-wrestling hire like Dario, she nailed the role that well. Frankly I don't think she really needs to wrestle, but I'm open to seeing how it goes.

I don't like the idea of Catrina wrestling, because part of her mystic is that she doesn't wrestle. She's such a strong character. There is no way her in-ring work can live up to what she's built up to.

It's a special circumstance though. I know it's been ages due to the break and all, but you gotta remember that Ivelisse and Catrina wasn't just something that started up this season; it goes all the way back to season one when Catrina had the Disciples of Death target Ivelisse, Angelico and Havoc. It started then, it built up slowly throughout season two and then was put into focus when Catrina screwed Ivelisse out of her match with Taya at Ultima Lucha Tres. Given how far it goes back I don't have a problem with them using Catrina in the ring for a one time match, especially since she'll be in there with Ivelisse, who is never not excellent in the ring. If they started using her all the time after that? Yeah, that would be overkill.

Happy 100 Episodes to Lucha Underground!

The Brain
    What I'd give for 100 episodes more... here's hoping!

Couple of episodes behind so I'm not scrolling up to avoid spoilers - has anybody mentioned this yet? https://dirtysheets.net/2017/09/07/l...round-no-more/

Based on reading around, it seems Billi Bhatti (who was once a UK Big Brother contestant, fyi) can sometimes be full of bullshit and carries himself like a twat on Twitter to boot, but if any of that is true then it looks like a sad ending might be on the cards.

I've heard this report mentioned on Twitter and apparently there's no factual basis for it, but unfortunately it wouldn't surprise me. One thing that is a fact in it is that there are NO PLANS to tape this year at all. That's a hell of a long time to be off. Signs aren't great, but the report really isn't anything we haven't heard already

That's the same guy who said a few weeks ago that Rusev and Lana were leaving WWE. He's full of shit and not to be believed. The latest I've heard (from Eric Van Wagenen's appearance on the MMM show) is that it appears El Rey is waiting till the renewal period is up to make a decision on LU. It's still expected they'll be back, but it's unknown when that will be.