Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627
Results 1,041 to 1,054 of 1054

Thread: Lucha Underground General Discussion

The Brain
    Quote Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
    Sexy Star dying off screen due to some kind of spider related issue.
    I laughed out loud, in both amusement and fervent agreement.

I'd also like to see more progress on the whole Aztec Gods are coming storyline. There have been a few in ring connections but a lot of it is a little disconnected, and that's ok to some extent but it's got to get to the ring eventually.

And how about a timely confirmation of season 5, please!

We already know Vampiro's master; Bestia 666, son of former WCW luchador Damian 666. He's very good and should blend right into the universe.

I'm interested in everything, of course, but I really want to know just what happened to Dario! Is he alive? Is he dead? When Leafster and I did our ever so brief booking of LU season four (which we abandoned far too soon) the plan was that Dario was alive but in a coma, his death faked by his father (who by the by, should be played by lucha libre legend Black Terry) to prevent that Agent Winter guy from coming after him. It was going to build towards Dario coming back at the end of the season and taking the Temple back (probably in some big multi-person match), which would then lead to the Lord coming in to get rid of Dario himself. I don't know if they'll do that, but I'd love to see something along those lines. Beyond that, I too would like a strong Pentagon title run (which I do think we're getting), Fenix vs. Crane, Matanza finally putting someone over, Cuerno taking full control over Mil Muertes and Sexy Star being replaced by Lady Shani, who debuts as a clone of Sexy Star named "Sexy Lady" (Shani's actual ring name before becoming Shani in AAA).

The Brain
    I had no idea Bestia was confirmed as Vampiro's master. I'm ok with that.

Also love the idea of Black Terry coming in, though I'd also be ok if it was another non-wrestling actor in the same vein as Dario himself. I definitely see Dario making another mid season return to the Temple, similar to season 2, and hopefully just as fantastically dramatic. I also do see "The Lord" getting involved at some point, though if he will come after the gauntlet or Dario himself I'm not sure. Cult, any thoughts on who plays the Lord?

I'm not as high on Crane as some, but I do think he'll have some fun stuff. I'm really hoping we get Crane/Muertes in Grave Consequences, or maybe even Crane/Muertes/Cage/Cuerno in a four way or tag team version of the match. I'd be ok with Cuerno ruling over Muertes temporarily, but hopefully not for long. Catrina and Muertes BELONG together forever.

I know it doesn't really count, in a way, because of taping timings and so on, but Pentagon's reign must already be at something like 550 days or more.

I just hope we get a continuous series this time, really. I assume we'll hit the same storytelling beats - Aztec Warfare, All Night Long etc - as we go through the series.

Quote Originally Posted by mizfan View Post
    I had no idea Bestia was confirmed as Vampiro's master. I'm ok with that.
    He's not like confirmed confirmed but I mean...it was pretty obvious that was him in the scene. That, in addition to the fact that I know he's signed, pretty much confirms it him.

I have no idea who the Lord is mizfan. I've asked around but no one seems to know for sure. The only things I can say is that Kevin Kross isn't the guy (though he will be in season four) and that, unfortunately, LA Park more than likely isn't the guy (he apparently doesn't want to work anywhere full time, especially in the US due to his WCW experiences. A shame cause he's perfect for the role). Beyond that I can't say for sure what direction they're going in, though I would presume it's pretty big name in lucha libre considering the mystique they've built up for him.

New MMM podcast tonight with Chris DeJoseph didn't give us a whole lot, but it appears that (and I think I've said this ninety times now) most of the roster will be returning, there will be some additions, they will be back in the Temple and tickets will be going on sale very soon. This Lucha Underground update was brought to you by Eddieg and the Mortensen's new single "Pete Loves Lucha!" Pick it up in stores today, along with their other hit, "Epic Boobs Guy Sucks."

The Greatest of All Time LWO4Life's Avatar
    Very excited. LU is growing so much. I wonder how different it will look.

The Brain
    I am so hyped!! This is the #1 thing I'm looking forward to in wrestling this year!

So, they've got a new Temple for this season (and presumably the foreseeable future).

It's an old cold storage unit. Looks like it has a bigger balcony which goes around three sides of the building, and then s couple of sets of bleachers.

Rumours that Angelico is already working out where the highest thing he can jump off is are as yet unconfirmed.

Iken can you confirm these rumours as you and him are besties?

Yeah I saw that Oli, and the article stated that there will be a "cold" feel to the season, as they played off the history of the building. Should be interesting to see where they go with this

Cold feel, you say?

Funny you should say that. The article mentioned Glacier, and in typical LU fashion, the answer was "who knows?"

The Brain
    Never say never, right?

I'm excited for a new set but I do hope they have the chance to go back to the classic Temple at some point. Running out of multiple locations probably isn't in the current budget, but I can dream for the future!