Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526
Results 1,001 to 1,011 of 1011

Thread: Lucha Underground General Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Cult Icon View Post
    That new lucha show is going nowhere. I can confirm that it's being done by Aroluxe, the same company that involves the Harris Brothers and who tried to buy TNA last year before Anthem did. The word is that they deliberately kept their name out of the casting sheet because almost no one out there wants to work for Aroluxe (I guess because the Harris' both are connected to Neo-Nazis or something) and the project is probably never going to get off the ground.

I can also tell you right no that LU is never going to change for anyone. Maybe that means it goes under but I'd almost prefer (and I'm not the only one) that happen as opposed to the alternative. Look no further than Trips' point on last night's LU episode. It was out of this world, not just because the wrestling and emotion was great but because the storytelling was so far ahead of what most promotions are doing right now. With Catrina-Ivelisse and Marty-Fenix, they successfully concluded two storylines that have roots all the way back to season one and did so in a way that was 100% satisfying. And these weren't just regular stories; they involved one woman trying to overcome a supernatural being that had held her down for two straight seasons and a luchador and a woman who had to overcome a sociopathic stalker. They wouldn't have worked as well without those out of the box ideas, and it's part of what makes Lucha Underground special. If you take that stuff away and turn those into run of the mill feuds, LU is just like everything else. And I'd much rather they go down being different than being the same thing everything else is.
    Totally agree with this. All or nothing. It's being reported that there may be some money found for a 4th season, but it would highly impact the budget with considerably less money to work with, for production and talent. So that brings us back to the question, do you do it and suffer quality or only do it if you can keep going as it is.

If things weren't bad enough with that Aroluxe project, apparently they want to hire Russo as well.
    Catch up on my column series, Sound Of The Underground, only on Lordsofpain.net

The Brain
    Personally I'd rather still have a lower budget LU than no LU at all. My favorite thing about the promotion is the booking and assuming DeJoseph & Co stay on board, I don't see why they wouldn't be able to adapt to different circumstances and still entertain the hell out of me.

So the third episode of Ultima Lucha Tres was the less interesting of the three for me so far. The Sexy Star situation totally took me out of that match with Taya. I was happy to see the Trios Titles change hands and the Mack get a belt, but the Main Event just didn't do it for me. Nothing against Son of Havoc and Pentagon Dark, who put their all into it, it was just missing something.

On another note, there is a report going around that LU is being shopped to other networks because the money from the last two seasons is no longer there at El Rey. Sounds like some higher ups want to pull the plug while EVW, Vampiro and Dorian Roldan of all people want to keep it going. While the report of some potential lesser money gave a little hope, it sounds like that still might not help if there's no network to put it on. We're still in dire straits folks, and they're most certainly not going to put out money for nothing (see what I did there?)

The episode as a whole was good and I thought the undercard was the best it had been for the first three shows (Taya-Sexy was a surprise and actually was helped I thought by the situation; I really wanted to see Taya whoop her ass). The main event was a disappointment though and apparently was even worse live. WAY too much stalling to try and set up the ladders, chairs and tables. They got there by the end I think with the cool spots, but it was a slog at first; kind of like the Cuerno-Fenix ladder match without the great story behind it. Still a good show though and thus far I'd say the whole Ultima Lucha Tres thing has been a resounding success.

The Brain
    Have to wait to see this one due to travel. Will probably end up watching the last three hours all in one go. Fired up!

No words.

There has to be another season.

Please.

I've got it downloaded to watch, so will pick this thread up later on if I see one, but - I feel like to date UL3 is missing the cinematics that have held together, and really enhanced, the previous ones. I'm thinking about the way UL1 ended, with that glorious cinematic of everybody going on the next steps, Black Lotus and Dario driving away with Matanza in the back of a van, Aerostar blasting off to the moon. And UL2 with Dario getting arrested and stuff. There were others inside the episodes as well. But other than Ivelisse kicking Crane through a door there's not really been much other stuff on UL3, and that's kind of the stuff I really look forward to.

Just watch Oil, it will be there

The Brain
    Watching the finale tonight!!! Just saw the penultimate episode. Was a little let down by Pentagon/Havoc, I was very excited but there was a little too much furniture set up for my taste. Still enjoyed it, just less than I hoped I would. Was surprised by the quality of the Trios match, it felt a bit thrown together but everyone wrestled like they had something to prove, especially Mack who really did deserve a big moment after three seasons of great work. I'm digging the new champs and am curious where they go in season 4 (god willing!).

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
    I've got it downloaded to watch, so will pick this thread up later on if I see one, but - I feel like to date UL3 is missing the cinematics that have held together, and really enhanced, the previous ones.
    It will not be missing it by the time you're done. Oh no it won't be.

That last episode was a MASTERPIECE! May have been the greatest episode of a wrestling show I've ever seen. The great wrestling, the great crowd heat (the Temple was legit like an Attitude Era crowd), the twists, the turns, the surprises, the storytelling. If there isn't a season four after that, I will personally lead the charge to publicly shame MGM, El Rey, Robert Rodriguez, Mark Burnett and whoever else is responsible for its demise. THERE MUST BE MORE!