Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Lucha Underground General Discussion

The Greatest of All Time LWO4Life's Avatar
    I wonder if he'll be a face. I mean Lucha Underground has a lot of monster heels. So maybe a bigger face to battle the heels might be good. Or he could take over Big Ryke's spot in the Crew, that big leader that the other guys follow.

By the way, and I the only one who really likes the Crew? Like seriously, since they dropped Big Ryke, I actually like them. Cortez and Bael are actual respectable indy wrestlers in California. Me. Cisco, I still have no idea who he is, but he is the most cocky of the group and I really like that. So I could see Hernandez taking that spot. Man, now I want to call Dish and make sure I get the top 200 package so I can watch LU when it airs. I am so excited for these new set of tapings.

Has Vince McMahon Lost Confidence in Roman Reigns.

From what I understand, Hernandez will be coming in as a face. Also, Johnny Mundo is back tonight as well against Cage.

I love the Crew. I think they work great together as a three man team. Can't say enough good things about them

Fuck HERNANDEZ! The dude can't even speak espaņol

Alot of the guys on the show can't speak spanish tho.

I'd rather have Lucha Underground that have luchadors become hair stylist. That's all I've got to say. And many stars either speak only English or Spanish. Only a few speak both. So I'm sure LU will be okay. I'm sort of excited.

So I had Hernandez's debut week wrong, but we did get an even better debut at the end of the episode

Last night's episode was my favorite thus far I think. They had the perfect balance of matches and backstage segments, Mundo vs. Cage was sick and the debut at the end was awesome. Oh and Cage walking out with the torn belt is the win, the whole win and nothing but the win. Somebody find me a gif of that!

Watching it bit by bit today, just finished the opening match. Son of Havoc has surprised me. He didn't seem to be catching on to just pure lucha style of wrestling, but against Angelico, he did a great job. And I was so excited to see Johnny Mundo, so this main event looks like it's going to be sick!

I just watched for the first time last night, and although I plan to write a little something on it in the CF, as an overall production, I enjoyed it. The backstage segments, if you can call them that are a little awkward to me, and not really my taste, but I think the more I watch, the more I can get used to it. The wrestling itself was really good to watch. Cool seeing Johnny "Mundo" in the ring again.

Oh, as a wrestling fan the backstage stuff takes a little bit to get use to. But the little kid in me who use to watch cheesy westerns with my dad, and then cheesy Rodriguez movies as a teen, they seem a bit comforting.

Quote Originally Posted by LWO4Life View Post
    Watching it bit by bit today, just finished the opening match. Son of Havoc has surprised me. He didn't seem to be catching on to just pure lucha style of wrestling, but against Angelico, he did a great job.
    Havoc and Angelico were excellent I thought, to the point that I thought they'd be hard to top. They both have a place, though I think Angelico looks like he could really be something. Guy has quietly been great in his first two appearances.

Edit: King, the backstage segments are a bit odd at first but after a little bit you get used to them (or at least I did) and they work really well. I'm actually surprised now that someone didn't think of doing that sooner, as making the segments look like film scenes really adds a certain mystique to the proceedings.
    Last edited by Cult Icon; 02-05-2015 at 03:06 PM.

Cult: I definitely am going to have an open mind about it. It's just different. Sometimes different is hard to adapt to, but I think I will grow to like it. They have enough well known guys for me to latch onto while I try to get to know some of these other guys I've never seen before.

Goldberg Rules!
    Damas y caballeros!!!

Quote Originally Posted by T.O. View Post
    Damas y caballeros!!!
    ...alright. What comes after ladies and gentlemen T.O.?

Goldberg Rules!
    El es el esencia de excelencia y el orgullo de Mejico, el es...Albertooooooooo el Patron!

Quote Originally Posted by T.O. View Post
    El es el esencia de excelencia y el orgullo de Mejico, el es...Albertooooooooo el Patron!
    El es la esencia

At first I thought the backstage segments were hoakey as shit but with the time they grow on me.

My point about Hernandez was that his gimmick in TNA was being "100% latino" and they guy can even speak the language well. Have no problem with others gringo wrestlers in LU
    Last edited by BULLSHITMANIA; 02-06-2015 at 08:58 AM.

Looks like right now Hernandez is working a lot of dark matches, so I guess his TV debut is forthcoming at some point.

So how soon are we seeing Rey Mysterio in the Temple?

Sometime in June I bet. I read he's not wrestling right away and they tape pretty far in advance.

I actually don't want him to wrestle at all. I'm fine with a non-wrestling role, but considering the talent in the Temple now, I'm just not sure with all of Rey's injuries that he can keep up.

Quote Originally Posted by TripleR View Post
    I actually don't want him to wrestle at all. I'm fine with a non-wrestling role, but considering the talent in the Temple now, I'm just not sure with all of Rey's injuries that he can keep up.
    If Blue Demon Jr can plod around the ring every once and awhile, Rey certainly can.

By the by, any thoughts on who the masked guy who pulled Black Lotus out of the trunk is?

Rey doesn't have to keep up with the young guys. Just bring him in as an aging vet and have some fun matches.. even put him in there with Chavo. Rey can still work except his knees are shot so he can't springboard.

Only thing against bringing him in would be money.

Quote Originally Posted by Cult Icon View Post
    If Blue Demon Jr can plod around the ring every once and awhile, Rey certainly can.

By the by, any thoughts on who the masked guy who pulled Black Lotus out of the trunk is?
    No idea who's behind this "Matanza" Black Lotus thing. Quite the mystery which I'm enjoying.

It's the best mystery man angle since the third man. Yeah, I said it.

It was obivous the third man was Hogan watching it back..

The promos for Konnan's revenge are so freaking good. That pimp cane will be godly.

From what I hear, you HAVE to watch "Grave Consequences" next week. It takes a casket match to a whole other level.

Holy shit. If Fenix-Mil Muertes isn't the MOTY thus far, I don't know what is.

Next week, 2 BIG title matches. The AAA Title will be defended as Alberto El Patron goes against Texano in a Bull Rope Match, and Prince Puma puts the LU Title on the line against Cage in a Boyle Heights Street Fight. Damn, it's getting good up in here!

Cage will probably win too.

Never watched a second of Lucha Underground before. Saw Cult's post and watched the casket match. I was impressed. I will say because I mostly watch WWE and don't see much blood anymore, so when you see it dripping out of Fenix's face like a fountain it definitely has a bigger impact.

Quote Originally Posted by TripleR View Post
    Next week, 2 BIG title matches. The AAA Title will be defended as Alberto El Patron goes against Texano in a Bull Rope Match, and Prince Puma puts the LU Title on the line against Cage in a Boyle Heights Street Fight. Damn, it's getting good up in here!
    Whats up Fellas, had to make that not so big return to the forums. Gotta agree, Lucha Underground is definitely heating up.

I keeping the link to the match in my Sig for the time being so hopefully more people check it out. Even if you don't think it's a MOTY candidate, it deserves to be seen.

Cannot wait for next week!

Holy shit. Mysterio accidentally killed a guy in the ring down in Mexcio?
    Last edited by Cult Icon; 03-21-2015 at 12:05 PM.

Yeah it was a horrible accident. The guy took the 619 wrong, apparently right in the trachea. Awful thing, and even worse was they went on with the match even though it was apparent he was in distress.

Quote Originally Posted by Cult Icon View Post
    Holy shit. Mysterio accidentally killed a guy in the ring down in Mexcio?
    Not just any guy. Wasn't Perro Aguayo Jr someone who competed in WCW and WWF in the late 90s? I remember Rumble 97 in San Antonio.

It was the set up to the 619. when he was head scissored into the ropes. He took the rope wrong to the neck.

That's a bit inaccurate. I've seen the video a couple of times; the accident occurs actually when Mysterio kicked the guy (Perry Aguayo Jr for those wondering) into the ropes to set up the 619. When Aguayo hit the ropes, he apparently landed on his trachea and hit the ropes hard enough that it caused a whiplash effect. Mysterio never hits him with the 619; he either intentionally missed Aguayo or Aguayo's partner Manik (who you can tell quickly knew something was wrong) pulled him down far enough to avoid taking the move. A complete and total freak accident, though I definitely agree they should've stopped the match immediately (or at least have moved him out of the ring quicker).

It's such a tragedy. Aguayo was an excellent wrestler (one of the best heels in Mexcio) and was only 35 years old. Absolutely horrible, and I can't imagine what Rey must be thinking right now.

Quote Originally Posted by PEN15 View Post
    Not just any guy. Wasn't Perro Aguayo Jr someone who competed in WCW and WWF in the late 90s? I remember Rumble 97 in San Antonio.

It was the set up to the 619. when he was head scissored into the ropes. He took the rope wrong to the neck.
    That was his father, Perro Aguayo Sr, and you are correct in saying he competed in the 97 Rumble. He never worked for WCW though (odd, as they had ties with AAA back then). Aguayo Jr. never wrestled in the states.
    Last edited by Cult Icon; 03-21-2015 at 12:37 PM.

Looked to me like perro got hurt on the roll he did before the setup. He seemed woozy when he got up. Or maybe the ropes were too close.

Lucha underground apparently did a a tribute for Perro at the tapings last night.

On a uh brighter note, grave consequences was a great match indeed. I wonder what would of happened if Mil threw fenix off the balcony.

Gosh. What do you do if you're Rey? Surely you would feel somewhat responsible. Do you get back in the ring ASAP or do you stay out of there for a significant amount of time. I know I personally wouldn't be getting back in there for a long time. Would be incredibly hard to deal with. They really do put their bodies and lives on the line to do what they love and for us, the fans. Such a terrible tragedy that it seemed to of happened on something so inconspicuous.

Cult, you're wrong about Aquyo JR. wrestling in the states. He wrestled a superstars match for WWE back in 97