View Poll Results: Who will win the Lethal Lockdown Steel Cage Match?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Team MVP

6 66.67%
  • Team Dixie

3 33.33%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Impact Wrestling PPV Discussion Thread

StormDragonZ

Impact Wrestling PPV Discussion Thread

I'm gonna hit you
    Right where it hurts
    I'm gonna give you
    Everything that you deserve
    If you need attention
    Something to say
    Let's hear your confession
    I am just too hard to break!

Bring it! Bring it!
    I'm still right here undefeated
    Say whatever you want
    It really don't mean anything...

It's the official TNA Bound For Glory IX PPV Discussion!

Pre-Show Tag Team Gauntlet Match
    - Robbie E. & Jesse Godderz vs. Eric Young & Joseph Park
    vs. Kazarian & Christopher Daniels vs. Chavo Guerrero & Hernandez

The following matches occur on the main card, in no particular order:

The Price Given To Fame
    - Kurt Angle vs. Bobby Roode

Knockouts Championship
    - Gail Kim vs. Brooke vs. ODB

An Appearance From The Mysterious EC3: Ethan Carter III

World Tag Team Championship
    - James Storm & Gunner vs. Winners of the Tag Gauntlet Match

Ultimate X Match for the X-Division Championship
    - Austin Aries vs. Manik vs. Chris Sabin vs. Jeff Hardy vs. Samoa Joe

A Rivalry Between Heroes
    - Magnus vs. Sting

World Heavyweight Championship
    - AJ Styles vs. President Bully Ray
    -- No DQ

--- Enjoy the PPV, everyone. ---

The Brain
    I think it's a shame that a pretty solid card is being largely overshadowed by the financial rumors surrounding TNA, but ah well, it is what it is...

I also think it's too bad that after a strong year for the most part the build to BFG has felt so rushed and underwhelming. I think back on Lockdown and Slammiversary and this doesn't really measure up. I think the show itself will still feature some great matches, but comparatively my interest in TNA just isn't as strong as it was earlier this year.

If the rumors of BFG functioning as a sort of reset button is true, then so much the better. Time to get back on track with a good showing and a new direction (and hopefully no Hogan).

The card definitely has a ton of potential and I think we might be in for a great night of action. It is going to be a pivotal PPV for the future of TNA; let's hope for the best.

My Predictions:
    Kurt Angle
    Sting
    Jeff Hardy
    Bad Influence (in the PreShow)
    James Storm & Gunner (in the PPV)
    ODB
    AJ Styles

The Brain
    My #1 hope is that the damn Gun Stormers finally lose the belts. Worst tag champs in recent memory.

What's the logic behind a win for Sting? They could use it to fuel a future heel turn, but otherwise seems potentially counterproductive.

They haven't defined Magnus' character yet and a win for him would seem to halt the progress that he can make if his character develops more. A loss for him is not counterproductive if it aids him to come out of neutral ground and tests his ability as a heel.

The Brain
    Then again, if he turns heel to win the match that could go a long way towards defining his character.

But it still leaves the situation up in the air. A loss and a slowburn heel turn gives them content for subsequent Impacts, too.

The Brain
    True, but with only 4 PPVs a year you'd think they'd want as much bang for their buck on the actual show as possible. Maybe a dirty win but not necessarily a full on heel turn, teasing it out over the next several weeks before going all out?

StormDragonZ
    Predictions:

- Eric Young & Joseph Park win the Tag Gauntlet
    - Magnus defeats Sting
    - Kurt Angle defeats Bobby Roode
    - Gail Kim wins to become new Knockouts Champion; Lei'D Tapa joins forces with Gail
    - Ethan Carter III has an impromptu match with someone to win
    - Young & Park win to become new Tag Team Champions
    - Samoa Joe wins to become new X-Division Champion
    - AJ Styles wins to become new World Heavyweight Champion

Expectations:
    - Kazarian & Daniels win the Tag Gauntlet
    - Magnus & Sting turns into Tag Match against Aces & 8s; Magnus turns heel letting Sting get beat.
    - Kurt Angle defeats Bobby Roode by DQ
    - Brooke wins to become new Knockouts Champion; Lei'D Tapa joins forces with Brooke
    - Ethan Carter III talks for 10 minutes, no match happens
    - Kazarian & Daniels win to become new Tag Team Champions
    - Austin Aries wins to become new X-Division Champion
    - AJ Styles wins to become new World Heavyweight Champion, Styles becomes new leader of Aces & 8s

The Brain
    - Ethan Carter III has an impromptu match with someone to win
    I'm trying to think of who he could even beat... almost everyone on the main roster is booked (except Kenny King, for some fucking reason). Rob Terry maybe? Yeesh. That's a bad start.

Henchman 21
    Wow when I saw this thread earlier I was actually thinking of posting since StormDragonZ went to all that work and I figured it would be a dead thread lol. Seriously this is a very underwhelming BFG. That being said I think the actual matches could be very good. I am hoping all those involved go give it all and it could end up being a top PPV. Plus as I stated elsewhere it seems there is more attention to the other divisions besides the World title.

I see Subho's point about Magnus but I also feel like a Magnus win could help his rise going into the "new season" of Impact. But win or lose, maybe by DQ, I feel like Dixie might have a hand in it. Her helping Magnus not only plays into her rumored crush on him but also means she screws Sting who it seems is next on her hit list now that Hogan is "fired". It seems she would be putting some wrestlers around her to do her bidding. Magnus would seem to be #1 for that job.

Along with Magnus coming out better in his match with Sting I think we will see a bit of the changing of the guard. I think Roode will beat Angle. Yes it seems weird having Angle lose after being inducted but due to his recent mistakes and not much for him to gain from a win plus having Roode get revenge for losing to him 2 years ago I see Roode getting the W. This leaves open a possible rubber match in a BFG down the road plus sets up a possible Roode/Sting match for Roode to beat the HoFers.

Brooke will win especially if Bully retains creating the ultimate power couple. There is a chance ODB wins but I just do not see Gail winning.

I see Bro Mens winning and possibly taking the titles. Unlike Mizfan I like Storm/Gunner as champs but feel like it is time for a shakeup.

Ultimate X is the best match for me because no matter who wins I will be happy. Manik retaining is closest thing to being unhappy but I can deal with that. Not big fan of Hardy winning per say but I think he could help bring some excitement and attention to the X division. I think though it will be either Aries or Sabin setting up a battle for the title between them over next month or two.

As I said, Brooke winning the KO title could set up a power couple BUT I see AJ winning. Just sets up better story line possibilities going forward. But here is a thought. What if Dixie helps him win and they are swerving us. Considering AJ's popularity as the lone wolf it would not make sense but then again it IS TNA so I could see it. Imagine the insanity of the situation if Dixie starts backing "TNA guys" and screwing over ex WWE guys and "outsiders". She would be a smug bitch saying "I know best"...and sadly proving it.

Quote Originally Posted by mizfan View Post
    True, but with only 4 PPVs a year you'd think they'd want as much bang for their buck on the actual show as possible. Maybe a dirty win but not necessarily a full on heel turn, teasing it out over the next several weeks before going all out?
    I don't think they're putting much focus on the show, if it isn't quite evident. With a rather phoned in PPV, I don't expect them to completely blow me away. I wouldn't rule out the possibility of a heel turn during the show, but it seems like a lost opportunity to me. Especially in the wake of their financial troubles, the main focus should be on Impact, given that with 4 PPV rules, it has become all the more important.

What if Dixie helps him win and they are swerving us. Considering AJ's popularity as the lone wolf it would not make sense but then again it IS TNA so I could see it.
    I'm not a big fan of organisations going back on months/weeks of booking just for a temporary shock moment. Magnus joining Dixie is intriguing, and it could work only when they slowburn it, like I said, and not just an overnight turn, because it is not safe booking. With quick fire booking, they seem to be reaching for content and then give us PPVs like this, because they burn out of content towards the end, plain and simple. As long as they draw out on character development, the better.
    Last edited by Subho; 10-20-2013 at 12:01 AM.

Henchman 21
    Quote Originally Posted by mizfan View Post
    I'm trying to think of who he could even beat... almost everyone on the main roster is booked (except Kenny King, for some fucking reason). Rob Terry maybe? Yeesh. That's a bad start.
    Well a lot depends if he will be a World title guy or an X division. He could face an old X guy making a return. Or one of the Gut Check guy. Jay Bradly perhaps. To be honest I do not see him wrestling. Promo. Maybe interfering in a match. A lot has to do with the direction they are going with his character. If he IS "related" to Dixie as some have suggested then he could influence a match the way she wants or even save her from another wrestler.

I hope TNA can have a good show tomorrow, but I honestly have no interest in it. Save for A.J. vs. Bully, none of these matches have any long term build to them at all, and even A.J.-Bully has been more about a short term story (A.J. vs. Dixie) than a long term one. I don't doubt that the matches will be good for the most part, but barring multiple epic matches (which is too much to ask for most PPV shows anyway), I get the feeling we aren't going to see that much difference between Bound for Glory and Battleground. Even worse, this is the sort of situation in the past where TNA has done a swerve of some sort. I fear that's a possibility.

The Brain
    Maybe a swerve could be a good thing? It depends on what the swerve is, of course, but sometimes going in an unexpected direction is exactly what a story/company needs. Think Roode in '11... his face character was lame, so they swerved his win and let him run as a fantastic heel. Not predicting we will see something like that, just saying it's possible.

Yeah I was thinking more along the lines of either Hogan returning or A.J. turning heel to either lead Aces (like Storm suggested) or reveal it was all a ruse between him and Dixie. Two things that don't need to happen at all.

StormDragonZ
    According to the tapings they did of their One Night Only PPV shows, the next one coming up is called Tournament of Champions on November 1st.

Assuming TNA wanted to keep up with how the tapings went, I wouldn't be surprised if Bully Ray somehow managed to retain the World Title tonight.

Also, that would also imply that Storm/Gunner lose the titles tonight as well (or in the next 2 weeks), including Samoa Joe, Aries & Hardy NOT winning the X-Division Title.

Speaking of which:

- 50.83% of bets believe Kazarian & Daniels win the Pre-Show Gauntlet, Park & Young with 32.67%
    - 89.25% of bets believe Kurt Angle wins.
    - 74.55% of bets believe that regardless of who wins the Pre-Show, we will have new Tag Champs.
    - 62.44% of bets believe Magnus wins.
    - 61.18% of bets believe Brooke becomes the new Knockouts Champion, 21.88% with Gail Kim
    - 49.29% of bets believe Manik retains the X-Division Title, 18.97% with Chris Sabin
    - 52.28% of bets believe Bully Ray retains the World Title.
    Last edited by StormDragonZ; 10-20-2013 at 07:55 PM.

Super Moderator
    Enjoy the show, folks. I'm wrestling'd out for this weekend. I'll download it after it's done and watch it tomorrow.

Henchman 21
    New Bro, new announcer and we have not got to the PPV yet. And I just noticed in his promo, did not notice it Thursday, but sounded like EC3 said "make Aunt D proud" which would mean he is Dixie's nephew.

Henchman 21
    I see Abyss coming to make the save for EY. The question is will that cause the Tag title match be a three way seeing as the Bros could lose to an unofficial tag team.

edit: Guess I was wrong lol. But I was also right as I picked the Bro Mans yesterday to win.
    Last edited by Henchman 21; 10-20-2013 at 08:50 PM.

StormDragonZ
    Wow... I didn't expect Jesse Godderz to get more PPV time than Kazarian, Daniels, Hernandez, Chavo, Eric Young & Joseph Park combined.

Henchman 21
    Well get use to it. 2014, year of the Bro Mans mwahahahaha

YES! An Abyss sighting. What havoc will he cause. Perhaps a tag match added to BFG. Could he be looking for Bully. Will the KO title make Brooks ass look fat.

StormDragonZ
    0-2 in Predictions, 0-2 in Expectations.

Definitely not sure how to feel about this.

At least Velvet has a purpose now...

That was a very awkward ending for an Ultimate X Match.

Glad Bad Influence are getting some PPV time

StormDragonZ
    In case Bully Ray loses tonight:

StormDragonZ
    At this rate, every title will change tonight.

Ethan Carter III: NEW WORLD CHAMPION!!

Pretty entertaining Knockouts match. Gail Kim deserves the title. Lei'D Tapa aligning with her was a surprise. They should own the division.

Also, BroMans are stepping up to a whole new level of awesome tonight! Hilarious segment with the protein shakes.

Nowhere near the classic affair that I was expecting

Goldberg Rules!
    End this, please.

What a horrible ending!

Henchman 21
    Got to give props to LoP. Not only a bunch of posts on MP about TNA and BFG but they are doing live coverage including the preshow. It goes into the chicken or egg question of, do they not cover things because people do not care OR do people not care because they do not cover it. I have said that for years for different levels of sports and the coverage main stream media gives it.

I am surprised that Gail won but sad they copied WWE in story line. I AM looking forward to a great feud between ODB and Tapa. Could be some brutal matches. Not to mention a possible eventual Gail/Tapa feud.

I was right about the x match but I did hedge my bets with two guesses lol. I wonder how things will work out between Sabin and Velvet. Could it lead to Velvet introducing her new BF, either Aries or better yet....a returning Shelley.

BroMens BITCHES!!!!!!

StormDragonZ
    The Internet just imploded that Angle would do the last move in a match... and lose.

Every heel has won tonight. If Magnus turns heel and Bully Ray somehow pulls out of a win, the Internet just may vomit on itself.

Henchman 21
    Quote Originally Posted by StormDragonZ View Post
    the Internet just may vomit on itself.
    Kinda of like a "2 GIFs and A CPU" kind of thing

Not disappointed with the Roode/Angle match, despite the odd ending. That was a real wrestling match.

Henchman 21
    With the possible exception of the pin I think the ending works. It sets up Angle taking more time off due to neck injury if they want while selling him as one tough SOB. He walks off on his own two feet. Plus if he gets his life straight and they have him come back he can argue that Roode did not beat him so much as Angles neck beat him. In the end thought, Roode won and I keep rolling lol

It would have worked if the other matches wouldn't have ended abruptly too. Every match seems like it's being booked on the fly

That was a pretty atrocious Scorpion Lock by Sting. Just Wow.

And that TNA title does look pretty nice, I hadn't seen it in a while.

Henchman 21
    Quote Originally Posted by Subho View Post
    It would have worked if the other matches wouldn't have ended abruptly too. Every match seems like it's being booked on the fly
    Ah ok I did not realize it was going like that. I am at work so can not see the PPV. But matches ending in a way that seems quicker than they should is one of TNA's weaknesses that they need to work on.

Lol Earl Hebner STILL gets booed, and TNA apparently still seems to be trotting that old card out.

Big match feel in the main event. Should be a great bout.